PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass International

urunobili
09-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey guys;

I still don't see the option to buy the NBA League Pass International.

Just opening up the thread so that we can share info as soon as it starts being released as well as promo codes to share etc.

:)

eric365
09-30-2013, 04:24 PM
I already subscribed. I received an email from the NBA 2 or 3 weeks ago with a 10% discount code.
It's around 200 euros in France if I remember correctly

Obviously not the main reason at all to subscribe but they says there will be more preseason games available this year

monkeypunk
09-30-2013, 04:26 PM
If you use a proxy from India, ILP is around $125US.

chapnis
09-30-2013, 05:03 PM

would I need to use a proxy every time or just to sign up?

monkeypunk
09-30-2013, 05:09 PM
would I need to use a proxy every time or just to sign up?

Use it to sign up, then you need to use it when you want to fire ilp up. Once it connects and you log in to ilp, you can kill the proxy so it doesn't bottleneck your speed.

I used a UK proxy last year like this with no issues but recently found out that the rates in India are much cheaper. That having been said, I'd test it during the first week to make sure they haven't implemented any new proxy blockers before committing to the purchase. That's my plan, anyway...

urunobili
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
wow for 40 more dollars you can select which announcers you want to hear...

chapnis
10-03-2013, 04:34 AM
How much is League Pass in the US?

diego
10-03-2013, 06:34 AM

here in chile they're offering standard ilp for 120, premium for 160, with the codes you can get it for 108 / 136 respectively

txstr1986
10-03-2013, 12:50 PM
How much is League Pass in the US?

Broadband (computer and tablet) starts at $129.99. At that price you only get to watch 5 teams, but I usually never watch more than the Spurs anyway so it doesn't really matter.

http://www.nba.us/leaguepass/

chapnis
10-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Broadband (computer and tablet) starts at $129.99. At that price you only get to watch 5 teams, but I usually never watch more than the Spurs anyway so it doesn't really matter.

http://www.nba.us/leaguepass/

Sheit, sucks that international is more.

monkeypunk
10-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Sheit, sucks that international is more.

With ILP, you get all the teams, all of the playoffs and the finals. So it kinda makes sense. But still sucks.

chapnis
10-04-2013, 04:02 AM
With ILP, you get all the teams, all of the playoffs and the finals. So it kinda makes sense. But still sucks.

That's cool I guess.

I'm probably going to get it through an Indian proxy for 100 bucks, but not too excited about having to use a proxy every time.

gee
10-04-2013, 05:37 AM
wow for 40 more dollars you can select which announcers you want to hear...

haha that actually makes a difference for me, bad commentary is one of those things I can't block out, ruins games for me

hsxvvd
10-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Anybody else having problems accessing it today?

Ice009
10-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Was this game against CSKA shown on NBA League Pass International. On the stream I was watching it seemed to be an ILPB game.

Also, those of you that have subscribed so far, are they showing a lot of preseason game. I haven't renewed my subscription yet.

And does anyone have a decent discount code? After I signed up last season, someone posted a 20% discount code one day later, which sucked, as I had already paid for it.

gee
10-09-2013, 11:51 PM
No problems accessing today, I'm in Australia too hsxvvd, so no idea whats happening with you.

I think they have been showing all preseason games. There are options to watch all of them, and I checked with all of todays games and they were all watchable except for the Pelicans games that just had a "NO FEED" screen.

Not sure if these still work but worth a shot:
And, if you act fast and purchase now, you can save! Enter code NBALP152013 to save 15% on NBA LEAGUE PASS Premium, or code NBALP102013 to save 10% on NBA LEAGUE PASS.

Texas_Ranger
10-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Me and my neighbour were thinking about getting the league pass, and my question is if we can both watch the games with the same account?

Boomersgold
10-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Me and my neighbour were thinking about getting the league pass, and my question is if we can both watch the games with the same account?

You can, just not at the same time.

hsxvvd
10-10-2013, 03:59 AM
No problems accessing today, I'm in Australia too hsxvvd, so no idea whats happening with you.

I think they have been showing all preseason games. There are options to watch all of them, and I checked with all of todays games and they were all watchable except for the Pelicans games that just had a "NO FEED" screen.

And, if you act fast and purchase now, you can save! Enter code NBALP152013 to save 15% on NBA LEAGUE PASS Premium, or code NBALP102013 to save 10% on NBA LEAGUE PASS.

Yeah was working fine an hour later and was fine today for the CSKA game.

Texas_Ranger
10-10-2013, 06:43 AM
You can, just not at the same time.

thanx.

RonnekMC
10-10-2013, 07:38 AM
That's cool I guess.

I'm probably going to get it through an Indian proxy for 100 bucks, but not too excited about having to use a proxy every time.

You are wrong. You dont need to use the indian proxy for watching later. you only need the proxy for ordering.

chapnis
10-11-2013, 05:24 AM
Has anyone here used the Indian method and has it working? Because I don't wanna throw a hundred bucks down the drain.

monkeypunk
10-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Has anyone here used the Indian method and has it working? Because I don't wanna throw a hundred bucks down the drain.

I used a proxy from the UK all last year and it worked great. I'm trying the Indian way this year to save a little cash. And to correct RonnekMC a bit, you do need the proxy when you want to watch but once you are logged into the site and in the games section, you can kill the proxy so it doesn't limit your speed. Without the proxy, you can't see the ILP page (if you are in the states), you get sent right to the main LP site.

LP usually gives the first few days or the first week for free so you could test the proxy method without paying and then decide if it will work for you before they start charging for it. That's my plan...

chapnis
10-11-2013, 04:53 PM
I used a proxy from the UK all last year and it worked great. I'm trying the Indian way this year to save a little cash. And to correct RonnekMC a bit, you do need the proxy when you want to watch but once you are logged into the site and in the games section, you can kill the proxy so it doesn't limit your speed. Without the proxy, you can't see the ILP page (if you are in the states), you get sent right to the main LP site.

LP usually gives the first few days or the first week for free so you could test the proxy method without paying and then decide if it will work for you before they start charging for it. That's my plan...

Cheers, will do.

KenziE
10-11-2013, 07:14 PM

thanks for the code man it worked me 10% discount baby im out here in manila

chapnis
10-11-2013, 07:57 PM
If I pay by a monthly subscription can I cancel it at any time?

monkeypunk
10-11-2013, 08:05 PM
If I pay by a monthly subscription can I cancel it at any time?

Not entirely sure but I think the monthly option is just breaking the one time payment down into smaller amounts but it still is a years subscription.

chapnis
10-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Got it monthly via an Indian proxy. Working fine in New Zealand with no proxy needed to access for me. 9 US / month

mystargtr34
10-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Not happy with the price increase.. but tbh they could charge $1000 a year i would still probably buy it. Too hard to go without.

siraulo23
10-11-2013, 08:53 PM
its bs how we ilp users pay 300 bucks (AUD) for premium when us pays 180-200?

chapnis
10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
its bs how we ilp users pay 300 bucks (AUD) for premium when us pays 180-200?

Then use a proxy to sign up and save hundreds...

siraulo23
10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Got it monthly via an Indian proxy. Working fine in New Zealand with no proxy needed to access for me. 9 US / month

whats your setup and is it a hassle to get it working? speeds/performance?

chapnis
10-11-2013, 09:09 PM
whats your setup and is it a hassle to get it working? speeds/performance?

Internet in New Zealand is pretty crappy so can't stream in HD, but does probably about 480p at a guess. I think my speed is about 8Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

Just used Firefox, got and Indian proxy off http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/, went to watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe, signed in with my pre-existing account. Chose the monthly payment option for regular ILP ($10US/mnth), then used the 10% off code from earlier in this thread to bring it to $9US/mnth. Put in my NZ VISA debit card information with an NZ address, complete signup.

$9US (~NZ$11) was paid from my debit card, and then I went onto Chrome (no proxy) and signed into my account and have been able to stream live preseason games from today as well as previous preseason games from this season.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

siraulo23
10-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Internet in New Zealand is pretty crappy so can't stream in HD, but does probably about 480p at a guess. I think my speed is about 8Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

Just used Firefox, got and Indian proxy off http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/, went to watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe, signed in with my pre-existing account. Chose the monthly payment option for regular ILP ($10US/mnth), then used the 10% off code from earlier in this thread to bring it to $9US/mnth. Put in my NZ VISA debit card information with an NZ address, complete signup.

$9US (~NZ$11) was paid from my debit card, and then I went onto Chrome (no proxy) and signed into my account and have been able to stream live preseason games from today as well as previous preseason games from this season.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

sent u a pm

DOMV
10-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Unlike last year, I only watched Spurs games (follow your team only). They don't have this option anymore. Still hesitant to sign up right now. They may suddenly put it back.

gee
10-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Unlike last year, I only watched Spurs games. They don't have this option anymore. Silly question: What is the home and away feature, which is what the premium has but not on the cheaper pass?

Usually league pass just plays the home teams broadcast. Home and away feature gives you the option to listen to bill land yell "oh mama!" and sean ****** complain about what he would have done better when the spurs play away as opposed to kings commentators shitting on parker, utah being bitter about karl malone not being the the best power forward or clyde drexlers bullshit in general, etc.

mystargtr34
10-12-2013, 04:18 AM
Yeah choosing the broadcast is a good feature.. some announcers make games unwatchable.

chapnis
10-12-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't mind other feeds, I get a tad sick of oh mama and seans homerism. They're fine for 40 games but I don't want them for 80.

hsxvvd
10-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Not happy with the price increase.. but tbh they could charge $1000 a year i would still probably buy it. Too hard to go without.

Shhh. Don't let them know.

Spurs Brazil
10-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I just signed.

I got an email that says the discount end tomorrow

monkeypunk
10-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Was anybody else able to change announcers? Didn't even see an option for it.

chapnis
10-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Was anybody else able to change announcers? Didn't even see an option for it.

Only an option with premium which I don't have so can't say.

siraulo23
10-15-2013, 01:36 AM
im guessing home and away broadcast option can only be accessed from the star of RS?

Ice009
10-15-2013, 01:54 AM
im guessing home and away broadcast option can only be accessed from the star of RS?

Yep, definitely won't be for preseason games. It says it's for regular season games, which is much better than nothing I guess. I'm pretty sure the NFL broadband has it for the playoffs too, so it kind of sucks if it's only for the regular season. Do team broadcasters cover all the playoff games?

siraulo23
10-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Yep, definitely won't be for preseason games. It says it's for regular season games, which is much better than nothing I guess. I'm pretty sure the NFL broadband has it for the playoffs too, so it kind of sucks if it's only for the regular season. Do team broadcasters cover all the playoff games?

Not entirely sure but i think fssw covers the entire POs except the finals

BillMc
10-28-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm in a weird situation where I am in the U.S. for 2 months before returning to Ukraine. I was hoping to buy ILP, but I won't be able to access it in the U.S. I don't really want to miss the first 2 months of the season, but on the other hand, I don't really want to buy both the US League Pass and ILP. Anyone more experienced at this have any recommendations on getting a form of League Pass you can use both in the U.S. and outside it? I travel a lot.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill

urunobili
10-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Bill;

you have options to have an international IP while in the US. Foxy Broxy, unblocka among others. That way, you can buy your one ILP licence sot hat when you get back to Ukraine you don't have to buy anything again.

Paka Paka.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Not really a ILP question, but does anyone use the broadband LP? I live in a giant shithole and my cable provider doesn't offer LP. I was thinking just get BLP and connect my Ipad to my TV. Anyone else do the same?

txstr1986
10-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Not really a ILP question, but does anyone use the broadband LP? I live in a giant shithole and my cable provider doesn't offer LP. I was thinking just get BLP and connect my Ipad to my TV. Anyone else do the same?

I did this last year and it worked out great - I'm doing it again this year. It's cheaper than regular LP, and it frees up the TV by giving me the option of just watching on my iPad or laptop if my wife wants to watch something besides basketball.

As long as you have a decent internet connection the picture is basically HD. However, it seems to works better on my iPad with the NBA Gametime app than it does streaming from my laptop.

siraulo23
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Im not sure about the quality, shouldnt be too bad but dont expect it to be league pass from a cable provider. As far as performance go, you shouldn't have any troubles with lag/buffering, how are you connecting to your TV? Apple TV is a good option if you have it. Otherwise next best thing is run LP on a laptop and connect it to your tv via hdmi

monkeypunk
10-29-2013, 11:44 AM

LP streaming to a tv works fine, almost a high def picture but if you are within the SA market (including Austin) be prepared for blackouts for most games.

I'm doing the same but since I'm in Austin, I had to opt for ILP so I could see all the games.

BillMc
10-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Bill;

you have options to have an international IP while in the US. Foxy Broxy, unblocka among others. That way, you can buy your one ILP licence sot hat when you get back to Ukraine you don't have to buy anything again.

Paka Paka.

Thanks! :toast Yeah, I just bought it through an Indian proxy server at $10 a month. We'll see how it works. It will be interesting to see if I still need the Indian proxy server when I return to Ukraine (since I'm paying monthly) or if it will suddenly charge me for the relatively expensive European prices for ILP.

monkeypunk
10-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks! :toast Yeah, I just bought it through an Indian proxy server at $10 a month. We'll see how it works. It will be interesting to see if I still need the Indian proxy server when I return to Ukraine (since I'm paying monthly) or if it will suddenly charge me for the relatively expensive European prices for ILP.

It won't recharge you and you won't need the proxy when you go back to the Ukraine. You only need it here and then only to log into the ilp page, once the stream starts, you can turn off the proxy for better speeds.

Ice009
10-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Has anyone else had problems with certain games not playing? Some of the preseason games and also one of today's games won't load up and start playing. Two of the 3 games from today load up and play fine, but one of them won't play. I had these problems during the preseason too. It usually happens with the game/s I want to watch. I never had this problem the last couple of years, and to top it off, their current support seems to suck. I haven't contacted their support for ages, haven't had to, but they take a long time to reply and are usually very vague without explaining what was wrong.

monkeypunk
10-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Has anyone else had problems with certain games not playing? Some of the preseason games and also one of today's games won't load up and start playing. Two of the 3 games from today load up and play fine, but one of them won't play. I had these problems during the preseason too. It usually happens with the game/s I want to watch. I never had this problem the last couple of years, and to top it off, their current support seems to suck. I haven't contacted their support for ages, haven't had to, but they take a long time to reply and are usually very vague without explaining what was wrong.

I had the same happen a few weeks ago, the stream would start but then would just sit on a black screen. After the game was actually over, I could play the game, just not live. Only happened to me on the one game though. Hope it isn't a trend.

MI21
10-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Am I blind, or can anyone else not find the option for selecting the commentary team in premium?

I'm having a look at Brooklyn and can't stand the Cavs commentators.

BillMc
10-30-2013, 06:55 PM
It won't recharge you and you won't need the proxy when you go back to the Ukraine. You only need it here and then only to log into the ilp page, once the stream starts, you can turn off the proxy for better speeds.

Thanks! I did as your recommended yesterday, so it looks like I'm all set. :toast

Ice009
10-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Am I blind, or can anyone else not find the option for selecting the commentary team in premium?

I'm having a look at Brooklyn and can't stand the Cavs commentators.

They're either having problems or they lied.

If you watch yesterday's games, you'll see that only one of them lets you choose a different broadcast, and that is the Orlando Vs Indiana game. They do it by having two different video feeds for the game, one with the Orlando video feed and their commentators, then another with the Indiana commentators, the other two games from yesterday don't allow you to choose a different video or audio feed.

If they are doing it with video feeds, then I am not sure if this is going to be done live. We might have to wait until after the game is over to view the other video feed. I didn't watch the Indiana game live yesterday, so I don't know if they have both feeds available live during the game. If they are doing it with video feeds, then I think this is going to suck, as I don't think they will have two video feeds going live at the same time. The NFL League Pass uses the same video feed during live games, but lets you change audio during the game. I thought the NBA was going to do it like that, as I think that is a much better system, but I'm guessing ESPN, TNT and the other big networks, might not want them putting different audio over their video feeds. Anyway, we might have to wait a while for them to sort this out.

I'm guessing they are also having other issues. I contacted their support yesterday, and still haven't received a reply in almost a day. I don't like their support service at all so far.

Spurs Brazil
10-30-2013, 07:21 PM
In the Rockets game is working. Yesterday also worked in Pacers game

Obstructed_View
10-30-2013, 07:42 PM
They're either having problems or they lied.

If you watch yesterday's games, you'll see that only one of them lets you choose a different broadcast, and that is the Orlando Vs Indiana game. They do it by having two different video feeds for the game, one with the Orlando video feed and their commentators, then another with the Indiana commentators, the other two games from yesterday don't allow you to choose a different video or audio feed.

If they are doing it with video feeds, then I am not sure if this is going to be done live. We might have to wait until after the game is over to view the other video feed. I didn't watch the Indiana game live yesterday, so I don't know if they have both feeds available live during the game. If they are doing it with video feeds, then I think this is going to suck, as I don't think they will have two video feeds going live at the same time. The NFL League Pass uses the same video feed during live games, but lets you change audio during the game. I thought the NBA was going to do it like that, as I think that is a much better system, but I'm guessing ESPN, TNT and the other big networks, might not want them putting different audio over their video feeds. Anyway, we might have to wait a while for them to sort this out.

I'm guessing they are also having other issues. I contacted their support yesterday, and still haven't received a reply in almost a day. I don't like their support service at all so far.

They're clearly having problems. I've been watching the Spurs broadcast on my phone for 11 minutes and have gotten about a minute of working video. The Orlando Indiana game from last night is the only one that wasn't on national TV so you probably are blacked out for the other two. I've gotten the Houston and Charlotte feeds off that game so far so it's SUPPOSED to work. We'll see. The free preview is not looking worth paying for at this point.

gee
10-31-2013, 02:25 AM
I watched the Spurs game about 1 hour after it finished and had the option to switch between.
As for everything falling to pieces, this really happens every time they have a free preview, it'll pass in a few weeks.

wildbill2u
10-31-2013, 10:33 AM
For the second year I tried to sign up with TWC and the website is almost as unfriendly as Obamacare.gov. From the product page I keep getting shunted over to their additional services (like broadband or phone) and can't find anything about League Pass. I got disconnected from thier chat. Then I got a call from a service rep who knew nothing and tried to get me a sales rep. Disconnect again. Then I got a call from a sales rep whose English wasn't too good and her knowledge of what I wanted was absolute zero. She wanted to put me on hold for a few minutes and I quit.

TXstbobcat
10-31-2013, 10:54 AM
For the second year I tried to sign up with TWC and the website is almost as unfriendly as Obamacare.gov. From the product page I keep getting shunted over to their additional services (like broadband or phone) and can't find anything about League Pass. I got disconnected from thier chat. Then I got a call from a service rep who knew nothing and tried to get me a sales rep. Disconnect again. Then I got a call from a sales rep whose English wasn't too good and her knowledge of what I wanted was absolute zero. She wanted to put me on hold for a few minutes and I quit.

Customer service with cable companies is flat out awful. I have comcast where I live and always have problems getting league pass set up, even after they have added it to the bill.

ABC
10-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Just a heads up for anyone in Canada. You can get NBA League Pass Broadband for free if you're a Shaw customer with two or more services. I don't even have cable through them (just phone and internet) and it's still free. They confirmed with me that we'll have access for the 2013-2014 season starting November 1st.

http://www.shaw.ca/shaw-friends/ (http://www.shaw.ca/shaw-friends/)

hsxvvd
11-06-2013, 05:19 AM
After 5 minutes of listening to the Home (Denver) broadcast today, the Premium option to switch to the Away broadcast paid for itself.

chapnis
11-06-2013, 05:34 AM
After 5 minutes of listening to the Home (Denver) broadcast today, the Premium option to switch to the Away broadcast paid for itself.
I'm regretting not getting premium after that game.

hsxvvd
11-06-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm regretting not getting premium after that game.

Mute is free... and better than those knuckleheads.

monkeypunk
11-06-2013, 09:18 AM

It's been priceless, imo. Sean and Bill might be homers but at least they're our homers.

I'd also pay another upgrade fee to lock out the gotdamn Heat dvd commercials, its like an icepick to the ear, over and over again.

txstr1986
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Speaking of audio, is anyone having issues with getting any audio at all? I have the LP broadband, and when I watch games on my iPad the audio rarely seems to work. I've confirmed that it's not my iPad itself, but something with the Game Time app.

On Saturday night the audio worked after I restarted the app, but last night I couldn't get it to work at all, either the San Antonio broadcast or the Denver one.

Anyone else having this issue?

Fireball
11-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Speaking of audio, is anyone having issues with getting any audio at all? I have the LP broadband, and when I watch games on my iPad the audio rarely seems to work. I've confirmed that it's not my iPad itself, but something with the Game Time app.

On Saturday night the audio worked after I restarted the app, but last night I couldn't get it to work at all, either the San Antonio broadcast or the Denver one.

Anyone else having this issue? No, my IPad works fine. I did not need it the last two games, is it possible to switch the announcers with the App now as well?

txstr1986
11-06-2013, 11:18 AM
No, my IPad works fine. I did not need it the last two games, is it possible to switch the announcers with the App now as well?

Yeah, when you start the game video it will give you the option of either the home or away broadcast. I've tried both but nothing seems to work.

rick1991
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Does international league pass work on the xbox 360?

chapnis
11-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Does international league pass work on the xbox 360?

Yup, you just have to have Gold. Works really well for me, and a much bigger screen than my laptop.

hater
11-06-2013, 08:35 PM
plenty of good free streams online

can't fathom ppl paying money for NBA games, especially since the competition level is so poor

MI21
11-06-2013, 10:37 PM

can't fathom ppl paying money for NBA games, especially since the competition level is so poor

$100-$150 is a small amount of money for quality, reliable streams of every game. If you enjoy the NBA then I can't see why anyone wouldn't pay that, particularly if you are an international fan. (unless you are unemployed/have no money)

Ice009
11-07-2013, 12:10 AM

On demand is the main reason. You can't watch free streams if you are in other countries and have to work during the day when the game is on. Being able to watch any game whenever you want is the main reason to get it. Absolutely stupid argument saying free streams are better. It's not even close in quality or functionality.

hsxvvd
11-09-2013, 05:45 AM
It's been priceless, imo. Sean and Bill might be homers but at least they're our homers.

I'd also pay another upgrade fee to lock out the gotdamn Heat dvd commercials, its like an icepick to the ear, over and over again.

Yeah the Ray Allen game 6 reply over and over again is also a killer.

hsxvvd
11-09-2013, 05:48 AM

I used to think the same. ... until I used my mates account during last year's payoffs. .. no I don't know why I've lived without it.