PDA

View Full Version : What are your random thoughts and opinions about Spurs Media Day?

TheGreatYacht
09-30-2013, 06:03 PM
My random thoughts and summary of Spurs Media Day:

Tim Duncan - A little surprised that he hasn't been thinking about Game 6 everyday but I suppose it's a good thing since he was the one that suffered the most after the loss. As usual, he kept himself in shape during the summer.

Danny Green - Similar to Timmy, he tried to put Game 6 aside during the summer even though it wasn't possible due to people bringing up Game 6 all over the world everyday. When asked about what he worked on during the summer, Green gave the answer that most Spurs fans were hoping to hear. He said he worked on getting his shot off the dribble and developing a floater.

Gregg Popovich - My favorite interview. The fact that Game 6 still comes back to haunt Pop everyday is a good thing. He admits that the Spurs blew their chances in Game 6 although admitting how he screwed up in subbing out Tim Duncan the last two possessions of regulation in Game 6 is wishful thinking. Pop would never do such thing. Pop said "I will have to coach the coaches" and let the players do some of the coaching on the court. Interesting... one can only wonder what type of outcome this approach will yield. Pop did imply that Kawhi may be part of the new "Big 3" or 4 and that he is the future of the team once TP starts slowing down.

Tony Parker - I like the confidence displayed by the Frenchman. He said his body feels great and most importantly he said "I want to help Timmy win a championship." He is still hungry to get back to the NBA Finals and repeat last year's success as Pop would say. The best part of the interview is when he said "that he owes the Spurs" organization for letting him play for his NT therefore there is a 95% chance that he will take next summer off and rest.

Kawhi Leonard - The interview with the man of short words went as expected. He didn't try to think too much about Game 6. Kawhi feels no pressure to be the future star of the franchise. He's glad that Pop recognizes his hard work by putting him in the same class as the "Big 3." When asked about how he worked out this summer, he said that he worked on his all-around game or "just tone my game."

Conclusion: The players were able to rid their minds off Game 6 which I assume is a good thing because they all did everything possible to win Game 6. The ones that ought to be mortified by Game 6 are Pop and Manu. I am delighted to see that Pop is the one thinking about Game 6 the most which he should be along with Manu. I look forward to listening to Manu's interview and see if he's still in denial.

Typhoon
09-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I look forward to you stop being a broken record and living in the past.

Kool Bob Love
09-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Manu Ginobili - 2nd best spur in Spurs HISTORY. I aint cry when Jordan retired. I will when Manu does. :depressed

xmas1997
09-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Conclusion: The players were able to rid their minds off Game 6 which I assume is a good thing because they all did everything possible to win Game 6. The ones that ought to be mortified by Game 6 are Pop and Manu. I am delighted to see that Pop is the one thinking about Game 6 the most which he should be along with Manu. I look forward to listening to Manu's interview and see if he's still in denial.

tl;dr

KenziE
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Manu Ginobili - 2nd best spur in Spurs HISTORY. I aint cry when Jordan retired. I will when Manu does. :depressed

word

also when Timmy does for sure i will cry

td4mvp2k
09-30-2013, 06:43 PM
I look forward to you stop being a broken record and living in the past.

mookie2001
09-30-2013, 07:01 PM
How are they random if we select the comments and they're related to the spurs?

mookie2001
09-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Baldspot is my least favorite

dallasmaverickslose
09-30-2013, 07:13 PM

Tim Duncan - A little surprised that he hasn't been thinking about Game 6 everyday but I suppose it's a good thing since he was the one that suffered the most after the loss. As usual, he kept himself in shape during the summer.

Danny Green - Similar to Timmy, he tried to put Game 6 aside during the summer even though it wasn't possible due to people bringing up Game 6 all over the world everyday. When asked about what he worked on during the summer, Green gave the answer that most Spurs fans were hoping to hear. He said he worked on getting his shot off the dribble and developing a floater.

Gregg Popovich - My favorite interview. The fact that Game 6 still comes back to haunt Pop everyday is a good thing. He admits that the Spurs blew their chances in Game 6 although admitting how he screwed up in subbing out Tim Duncan the last two possessions of regulation in Game 6 is wishful thinking. Pop would never do such thing. Pop said "I will have to coach the coaches" and let the players do some of the coaching on the court. Interesting... one can only wonder what type of outcome this approach will yield. Pop did imply that Kawhi may be part of the new "Big 3" or 4 and that he is the future of the team once TP starts slowing down.

Tony Parker - I like the confidence displayed by the Frenchman. He said his body feels great and most importantly he said "I want to help Timmy win a championship." He is still hungry to get back to the NBA Finals and repeat last year's success as Pop would say. The best part of the interview is when he said "that he owes the Spurs" organization for letting him play for his NT therefore there is a 95% chance that he will take next summer off and rest.

Kawhi Leonard - The interview with the man of short words went as expected. He didn't try to think too much about Game 6. Kawhi feels no pressure to be the future star of the franchise. He's glad that Pop recognizes his hard work by putting him in the same class as the "Big 3." When asked about how he worked out this summer, he said that he worked on his all-around game or "just tone my game."

It's always something about Pop and Manu isnt it?

racm
09-30-2013, 07:17 PM
I liked Tony's demeanor. Knows he's gonna have to pace himself until the playoffs.

benefactor
09-30-2013, 07:29 PM
I think there is already a media day thread to post thoughts in, faggot.

xmas1997
09-30-2013, 07:31 PM
This thread is moot.

RD2191
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
I think there is already a media day thread to post thoughts in, faggot.
:cry

TheGreatYacht
09-30-2013, 07:50 PM
It's always something about Pop and Manu isnt it?Oh, Manutard is back!!! Yay.
I think there is already a media day thread to post thoughts in, faggot.Aww, a Popsucker hating on the OP for shitting on his favorite player Manu Ginobili. Loser mentality IMO.

TheGreatYacht
09-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Unbelievable! When Manu was asked about Game 6, he replied "I don't think about it every day. I don't, I try to avoid it." Yup, still in denial. He will not admit how terrible he was. He should be ashamed of himself. Just like all the Manutards, he tries to pretend like Game 6 never happened. SMH.

Now, Manu does mention that he had his doubts as to whether the FO wanted to keep him after the Finals which confirm once more that RC was stupid enough to offer that $14.5M contract to Manu. The contract negotiations "lasted 6 minutes." LMAO. Yup, Manu generates a lot of $$$ because he speaks Spanish, the commercials, the Manu fan boys, the Hispanic culture, etc. Man those Manutards, thanks a lot.

Timmy is the main reason why the Spurs organization has 4 championships. Manu was just a contributor. DON'T YOU'LL GET IT? Tim Duncan is our franchise player.

Just as MJ was the main ingredient for the 6 championships the Bulls have, Timmy is the main ingredient for the 4 championships the Spurs have. Get that in your heads Manutards! Manu is not a God! He is a contributor to TD just like Pippen was to MJ.

PlayNando
09-30-2013, 07:54 PM

:lol :lol :lol

You just can't stop, can you?

PlayNando
Unbelievable! When Manu was asked about Game 6, he replied "I don't think about it every day. I don't, I try to avoid it." Yup, still in denial. He will not admit how terrible he was. He should be ashamed of himself. Just like all the Manutards, he tries to pretend like Game 6 never happened. SMH.

Now, Manu does mention that he had his doubts as to whether the FO wanted to keep him after the Finals which confirm once more that RC was stupid enough to offer that $14.5M contract to Manu. The contract negotiations "lasted 6 minutes." LMAO. Yup, Manu generates a lot of $$$ because he speaks Spanish, the commercials, the Manu fan boys, the Hispanic culture, etc. Man those Manutards, thanks a lot.

Timmy is the main reason why the Spurs organization has 5 championships. Manu was just a contributor. DON'T YOU'LL GET IT? Tim Duncan is our franchise player.

Just as MJ was the main ingredient for the 6 championships the Bulls have, Timmy is the main ingredient for the 4 championships the Spurs have. Get that in your heads Manutards! Manu is not a God! He is a contributor to TD just like Pippen was to MJ.

PlayNando
Stupid is as stupid does.

xmas1997
09-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Manu quotes: "We all have scars in our career, this one is pretty deep", and, "As a team we have to use it (the loss) as fuel to get back."
That for sure doesn't sound like a so-so Manu to me.
But I'm sure the haters will twist these words around to try and validate their ignorant accusations.

Axegrinder
09-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Timmy is the main reason why the Spurs organization has 5 championships. Manu was just a contributor. DON'T YOU'LL GET IT? Tim Duncan is our franchise player.

Just as MJ was the main ingredient for the 6 championships the Bulls have, Timmy is the main ingredient for the 4 championships the Spurs have. Get that in your heads Manutards! Manu is not a God! He is a contributor to TD just like Pippen was to MJ. Hate to interrupt a meltdown, but who said TD wasnt the franchise player? Continue rant/

TE
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Manu quotes: "We all have scars in our career, this one is pretty deep", and, "As a team we have to use it (the loss) as fuel to get back."
That for sure doesn't sound like a so-so Manu to me.
But I'm sure the haters will twist these words around to try and validate their ignorant accusations.

Well he better pace himself given how vulnerable he is to injury tbh...the regular season games vs Miami will be interesting to say the least

ElNono
09-30-2013, 09:04 PM
I just farted and wondering why I clicked on this thread...

dallasmaverickslose
09-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh, Manutard is back!!! Yay. Aww, a Popsucker hating on the OP for shitting on his favorite player Manu Ginobili. Loser mentality IMO.

:lmao

Come up with something new! Your rhetoric is stale!

TheGreatYacht
10-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Manu Ginobili - 2nd best spur in Spurs HISTORY. I aint cry when Jordan retired. I will when Manu does. :depressedYou are wrong Sir! What about "The Iceman" George Gervin and "The Admiral" David Robinson? Heck, even Tony Parker? Ring counting if for idiots. Manu had Tim Duncan's coattail to ride so don't count rings.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-01-2013, 01:01 PM
You are wrong Sir! What about "The Iceman" George Gervin and "The Admiral" David Robinson? Heck, even Tony Parker? Ring counting if for idiots. Manu had Tim Duncan's coattail to ride so don't count rings.

Manu's 21 ppg in 05 and 19 ppg in 07 didn't account for anything?
Or Parker's 17ppg in 05 and FMVP in 07?

xmas1997
10-01-2013, 01:08 PM
You are wrong Sir! What about "The Iceman" George Gervin and "The Admiral" David Robinson? Heck, even Tony Parker? Ring counting if for idiots. Manu had Tim Duncan's coattail to ride so don't count rings.

I agree with you (geez, never thought I would say that :lol), but I would also add Sean Elliott too, and then comes Manu.

spurs10
10-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Maybe we'll all get lucky and the OP's mom will finally make him get his own apartment soon. " Yot, I can't afford to keep feeding you son! You're 38, it's time to get your own place y'know. Lose a few pounds, y'know. I mean, I like you a lot, you're my son, but jeez!"

xmas1997
10-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Maybe we'll all get lucky and the OP's mom will finally make him get his own apartment soon. " Yot, I can't afford to keep feeding you son! You're 38, it's time to get your own place y'know. Lose a few pounds, y'know. I mean, I like you a lot, you're my son, but jeez!"

This sounds about right. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Maybe we'll all get lucky and the OP's mom will finally make him get his own apartment soon. " Yot, I can't afford to keep feeding you son! You're 38, it's time to get your own place y'know. Lose a few pounds, y'know. I mean, I like you a lot, you're my son, but jeez!"Your description sounds more like xmas1997 tbh. That number is almost twice my age. :lol

This sounds about right. :lmaoWhy are you laughing? You should be offended. I think he was referring to you. :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
These thoughts are not random.

xmas1997
10-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Your description sounds more like xmas1997 tbh. That number is almost twice my age. :lol
Why are you laughing? You should be offended. I think he was referring to you. :lmao

Sure he was, TGY, you wish. :lmao
Can't take the heat? Then get out of the kitchen, in this case ST.
Or just do us all a favor and go back downstairs where you came from.

Kool Bob Love
10-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Iceman - 0
The Admiral - 2
Manu - 3

And Parker got 6.......-23

xmas1997
10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Actually if I'm not mistaken the Iceman got a ring in '99 because he was part of the Spurs organization.
And it was long overdue.

TheGreatYacht
10-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Iceman - 0
The Admiral - 2
Manu - 3

And Parker got 6.......-23:lol A Manutard counting rings and blaming Game 6 on the Frenchman even though Manu had an overall shitty year.

TheGreatYacht
10-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Sure he was, TGY, you wish. :lmao
Can't take the heat? Then get out of the kitchen, in this case ST.
Or just do us all a favor and go back downstairs where you came from.:lol A Spurs homer acting like he's a kid.

xmas1997
10-01-2013, 08:40 PM
You remind me of an ostrich, sticking your head in the sand, ignoring reality when it does not suit you, and then coming up for air just to bash your favorite whipping boy, Manu.
You have only yourself to blame for your embarrassing attempts to ridicule, and for causing others to defend your scapegoat.

Kool Bob Love
10-02-2013, 08:41 AM
:lol A Manutard counting rings and blaming Game 6 on the Frenchman even though Manu had an overall shitty year.

Frenchman got 6-23 in the biggest game of the season. LMAO should have called Speedy Claxton on Speed dial to bench Parker.

Parker couldn't wait till after the finals to build his brick house?:bang

xmas1997
10-02-2013, 09:09 AM
:lol A Spurs homer acting like he's a kid.

You don't even know what a homer is.
Are you out of hankies again crybaby? :lol