PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Source: Kobe's pitch is the x-factor to Carmelo coming to LA

irishock
09-30-2013, 10:47 PM
When Carmelo Anthony heads for unrestricted free agency next offseason, Kobe Bryant could be the X-factor in Anthony's negotiations with the New York Knicks, according to a source.
The Lakers will have cap space next summer and Bryant could promise Anthony that together they can make a run at a championship in Los Angeles.
“For me, it’s about being part of a winning organization,” Anthony said on Monday.
The Knicks will be able to offer Anthony $30 million more than any other team in free agency.

Kobe's pitching again. Will the Lakers strike out?

Katherine Robinson
09-30-2013, 11:09 PM
A strike out for the Lakers would be getting Carmelo.

Robz4000
09-30-2013, 11:26 PM
God I hope not. Carmelo in LA would result in either him or Kobe in a body bag. No matter what the world is a better place.

BatManu20
09-30-2013, 11:42 PM
I hope it happens, simply because it would be a disaster. It'd be fun to watch the two biggest ball hogs in the league arguing over who's not getting enough shots. And they still wouldn't win anything.

AchillesHeel
09-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Let it happen, it cripples the Lakers for at least another 2 years or so. Imagine, you have Nash,Kirby and Melo all on the floor at the same time, neither of them can play a lick of D (unless Kirby guards the ball handler) and they all want the ball in their hands. It would be comedy gold.

lefty
10-01-2013, 12:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/21376_574130362638253_140756782_n.jpg

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 12:42 AM
its a win-win tbh...

If Melo goes, its a disaster for the Lakers and they have another perennial loser. Lakers = fucked :lol
If Melo rejects the lakers, its because Kobe's pitch sucked and he costs the Lakers another big free agent, and again, Lakers = fucked :lol

ambchang
10-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Depends if Kobe is wiling to teach melo how to coattail a ring or 5.

But with two beta talent with alpha personalities, they'd need two prime MVPaus to balance things out.

Michael Jordan.
10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Didn't Carmelo cause D'antoni to step down already? :lol

Rogue
10-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, it'll depend on Kobe's progress the upcoming season. If he displays more Kobe Johnson and less the scoring-machine self of his, then he'll possible have a chance to convince Melo to join him in LA knowing. You know that Kobe, as he is, needs the ball to be efficient just as much as Melo does, and Melo knows that too. Therefore if Kobe refuses to make any change to his game style, Melo will most likely choose to stay even if that's not for the sake of $.

Koolaid_Man
10-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Depends if Kobe is wiling to teach melo how to coattail a ring or 5.

But with two beta talent with alpha personalities, they'd need two prime MVPaus to balance things out.

If Melo joins Kobe...there's literally no one can stop them in the West....Lebron already can't deal with Melo one on one...and Wade too small...Kobe wins 7 and Melo gets 2...I can easily see it going down...get LaMarcus Aldridge...Pay Pau peanuts and we're set

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Common sense would say Kool isn't serious and is obviously trolling. But he's proven to be a legitimate retard, so i think he's actually serious

ChumpDumper
10-01-2013, 07:09 PM
According to a source.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/o/o/ssrteomq.gif

HarlemHeat37
10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/efgeas.png

ambchang
10-01-2013, 09:29 PM
If Melo joins Kobe...there's literally no one can stop them in the West....Lebron already can't deal with Melo one on one...and Wade too small...Kobe wins 7 and Melo gets 2...I can easily see it going down...get LaMarcus Aldridge...Pay Pau peanuts and we're set

So many fails that it's tough to pick which point to argue.

In the five playoff games they face off eAch other melo shot .419 from the steal. Maybe that's a great % for Kobe, but not for normal players.