10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Per rotoworld. I guess joekel is moving to left tackle

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Update: multiple third day draft picks

Holden_Caulfield
10-01-2013, 09:26 PM
:bang:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pc toss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pct oss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pcto ss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:bang

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 09:26 PM

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave Caldwell aint fucking around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holden_Caulfield
10-01-2013, 09:27 PM
fuck my life. fuck you. why. :bang. i give up.

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 09:30 PM
:bang:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pc toss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pct oss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pcto ss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:bang
:lmao sorry man, just the messenger

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 09:32 PM
London Jaguars?

Holden_Caulfield
10-01-2013, 09:35 PM
i might need a new team fuck this shit. this is embarrassing. idk how to become a 2000s lions fan :lmao

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
i might need a new team fuck this shit. this is embarrassing. idk how to become a 2000s lions fan :lmao

Shut the fuck up you pussy! Monroe was not going to resign with the Jags. Thats why you trade him and get value now before he breaks his fucking leg.

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
If I could put up with the senile version of Al Davis, you'll be fine. Every franchise has their own Jim Buss era

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Shut the fuck up you pussy! Monroe was not going to resign with the Jags. Thats why you trade him and get value now before he breaks his fucking leg.
3rd day picks = value?

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
3rd day picks = value?

Yes for a team that is lacking in so many areas I believe it does. Monroe is a good LT. But we drafted his replacement and is going to be here for the rebuild. Multiple picks helps rebuild this franchise.

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 09:45 PM
3rd day picks are basically 2nd round nba picks

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 09:49 PM
3rd day picks are basically 2nd round nba picks

Sorry dude but imho your way off. 2nd round players in the NBA go to Europe to hone in their skills to make it in the nba. 3rd day picks in the NFL fill out the depth of your roster and some of those become starters and ever star players. There are countless great players drafted after the 3rd round in the NFL.

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I guess 4th and 5th have solid value. My bad tbh I always forget the new draft format. Still Monroe is worth more. They could have slapped the tag at least

Holden_Caulfield
10-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Sorry dude but imho your way off. 2nd round players in the NBA go to Europe to hone in their skills to make it in the nba. 3rd day picks in the NFL fill out the depth of your roster and some of those become starters and ever star players. There are countless great players drafted after the 3rd round in the NFL.
yeah but look at the statistics. what are the chances all those great players are in one draft. not a lot. 3rd day picks for a top 15 maybe top 10 LT in a passing league is just fucking retarded. we got ass raped. bent over and ass raped. this is ridiculous.

Holden_Caulfield
10-01-2013, 10:05 PM
the way dave caldwell is running the jags, i wouldnt be surprised if we take clowney #1 overall :lmao

DPG21920
10-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Wait, so when does MJD demand to be traded? They are screwing him big time. Feel bad for MJD after he ran his ass off for horrifically bad teams.

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 10:24 PM
yeah but look at the statistics. what are the chances all those great players are in one draft. not a lot. 3rd day picks for a top 15 maybe top 10 LT in a passing league is just fucking retarded. we got ass raped. bent over and ass raped. this is ridiculous.

hey bro you never know the circumstances of these things. Everyone assumes that you can just trade anyone to any team. Honestly the Jags have not had great success trading anyone for high draft picks. The last big trade we made was when we traded Marcus Stroud to the Bills for a 3rd and a 5th. Before that I think the best trade the Jags ever pulled off was trading QB Rob Johnson to the Bills for a 1st and 4th. Either way this team needs picks that way Dave Caldwell can maneuver up and down the draft and target players.

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Wait, so when does MJD demand to be traded? They are screwing him big time. Feel bad for MJD after he ran his ass off for horrifically bad teams.

Right, the Jags are screwing him by paying his multi million dollar salary. I wish they would trade his ass too. I'd take a ham sandwich for this fat stubby RB. He has clearly lost his Mojo (pun intended).

DPG21920
10-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Right, the Jags are screwing him by paying his multi million dollar salary. I wish they would trade his ass too. I'd take a ham sandwich for this fat stubby RB. He has clearly lost his Mojo (pun intended).

:lol Blaming MoJo for a shit line, shit team and shit franchise when he's busted his ass so many years being the only ray of hope in an otherwise horrifically shit situation. lol Jags. lol Jags fans.

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 10:34 PM
:lol Blaming MoJo for a shit line, shit team and shit franchise when he's busted his ass so many years being the only ray of hope in an otherwise horrifically shit situation. lol Jags. lol Jags fans.

Just shut the fuck up because you clearly don't watch the team play. Honestly I can barely watch so I don't blame you for that but if you watched you would see that MJD is either still hurt or just isn't the same player he used to be. What the fuck did you think was gonna happen to a dude that is 5 foot nothing and played like he was made out of steel? RB's don't last forever. Get over it bitch!

RGMCSE
10-01-2013, 10:36 PM

He led the league in rushing with a shitty line. :lol Why cant he do it again? Oh maybe because physically he can't?

DPG21920
10-01-2013, 10:37 PM
lol He's been the only thing good in your crap franchise. No one could run with your shit line, shit team and always playing from behind with your shit QB throwing everywhere. He may not be prime, but I bet if he gets traded to a team with a decent oline he would be fine.

Holden_Caulfield
hey bro you never know the circumstances of these things. Everyone assumes that you can just trade anyone to any team. Honestly the Jags have not had great success trading anyone for high draft picks. The last big trade we made was when we traded Marcus Stroud to the Bills for a 3rd and a 5th. Before that I think the best trade the Jags ever pulled off was trading QB Rob Johnson to the Bills for a 1st and 4th. Either way this team needs picks that way Dave Caldwell can maneuver up and down the draft and target players.
stroud was at the tail end of his career. monroe is in his prime. they couldve gotten a better deal.

DPG21920
He led the league in rushing with a shitty line. :lol Why cant he do it again? Oh maybe because physically he can't?

What stupid logic. Proves my point.

spurraider21
10-01-2013, 11:08 PM
:lol jagfan logic:

ugh, mjd can't carry our asses despite our shit run blocking and passing game. trade his bum ass out!

chunticakes
10-02-2013, 12:03 AM
i just cant believe there are still some baguar fans around lol.

Holden_Caulfield
10-02-2013, 12:57 AM
the ravens are gonna run out of cap space :lmao

leemajors
10-02-2013, 07:10 AM
jags and panthers never should have been added to the league tbh

Raven
10-02-2013, 07:35 AM

sorry but that's just stupid.

Chinook
10-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Wow, I go to sleep early one night, and look what happens. :wow Jags fans: Is Monroe a good player? I've heard good things about him, but you never know.

I like the trade if he's even decent, as the Ravens should get four compensatory picks, which will replenish those traded picks. It's better than picking a bunch of players who won't make the team.

Chinook
10-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Ends up being a fourth- and a fifth-round pick next year. Great haul if the team can re-sign him, but kinda expensive for a rental. Hopefully, they can trade McKinnie for a pick.

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Wow, I go to sleep early one night, and look what happens. :wow Jags fans: Is Monroe a good player? I've heard good things about him, but you never know.

I like the trade if he's even decent, as the Ravens should get four compensatory picks, which will replenish those traded picks. It's better than picking a bunch of players who won't make the team.
i know you've asked for jag fan opinions, but i can share. he's known to be better in pass protection than in the run game. he is built sort of small, but he's agile. still average in the run game, not good not bad, but but shines in pass protection.

Holden_Caulfield
10-02-2013, 11:16 AM

monroe is a top 10 lt and is only 26 years old. and we only got 3rd day picks, we got raped :lmao. how do you only get 4-5 round picks for a young player in a premium position in his prime :bang. tanking, the jags are doing it right

Chinook
10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks to both of you :toast. One thing I've heard is that he's actually the only Jags lineman who's been able to adapt to the team's new zone-blocking scheme (which they are currently abandoning). The Ravens have had their own problems adapting to it, so perhaps is a move to help in the run game as well.

My concern now is the contract. He didn't get re-signed in Jacksonville for one of three reasons (or a combination): He didn't want to stay with them; the team wanted Joeckel to take over and felt Monroe was not suited on the right; or he was too expensive. I'm hoping it's not the latter one. Baltimore doesn't have the money to give him a big deal next year.

Still, I think Ozzie is content to not win a Super Bowl this season, so I don't think he'd make a big trade like this unless he thought it was good long-term value. They'll probably get something done with Monroe soon.

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 11:24 AM
^yup. monroe is made to zone block because he's highly athletic, and not exactly a bulldozer, which is the typical lineman zone blocking teams are looking for. still, it might be coming off that way, but he's not a bad run blocker.

Chinook
10-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Holy crap! The Jags picked up most of Monroe's salary. The Ravens just have to pay him the minimum, which means they can fit him under the cap. This is a good deal even if they can't keep him now.

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Holy crap! The Jags picked up most of Monroe's salary. The Ravens just have to pay him the minimum, which means they can fit him under the cap. This is a good deal even if they can't keep him now.
Put Holden_Caulfield (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=9834) on suicide watch

Chinook
10-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Apparently, the Jags weren't even shopping him. Ozzie just called and made the offer. That's about as badass as it gets for a GM.

"Give us your starting left tackle for two mid-round picks."

"All right, give us your first."

"How about a fourth and a fifth, and you pick up the tab?"

"Yessir."

Holden_Caulfield
10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Apparently, the Jags weren't even shopping him. Ozzie just called and made the offer. That's about as badass as it gets for a GM.

"Give us your starting left tackle for two mid-round picks."

"All right, give us your first."

"How about a fourth and a fifth, and you pick up the tab?"

"Yessir."

no fucking way? wow, the steelers were looking for an LT also and we couldnt get a bidding war started? this trade just keeps getting worse :pctoss

Chinook
10-02-2013, 10:36 PM
The Steelers didn't have a lot of picks to give up this draft. I doubt they were even willing to meet this cheap price for Monroe. I hear they also got the Cardinals to pay Brown's salary, so they don't have to restructure even more.

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 11:40 PM
:lol at jagfan who though this was a great deal

RGMCSE
10-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks to both of you :toast. One thing I've heard is that he's actually the only Jags lineman who's been able to adapt to the team's new zone-blocking scheme (which they are currently abandoning). The Ravens have had their own problems adapting to it, so perhaps is a move to help in the run game as well.

My concern now is the contract. He didn't get re-signed in Jacksonville for one of three reasons (or a combination): He didn't want to stay with them; the team wanted Joeckel to take over and felt Monroe was not suited on the right; or he was too expensive. I'm hoping it's not the latter one. Baltimore doesn't have the money to give him a big deal next year.

Still, I think Ozzie is content to not win a Super Bowl this season, so I don't think he'd make a big trade like this unless he thought it was good long-term value. They'll probably get something done with Monroe soon.

You've heard wrong then because that is the exact opposite of the truth. Monroe while a decent pass blocker was not willing or unable to adapt to the zone blocking. That is coming from the beat writers. Luke Joeckel is actually willing and is going back to his natural position. The fact is that the Jags line is terrible and that is why the scheme inst working. Because the players they have don't fit. Maybe Monroe will shine with the Ravens. I hope he does because he's always been a nice guy. He never bitched and complained and always toted the company line.

RGMCSE
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
:lol at jagfan who though this was a great deal

Look at the scenario, Pay the guy top 5 money when he doesn't fit your system or trade for multiple picks and recoup some value instead of nothing. People seem to think that teams are just lining up to give away 1st day picks. Whatever your perceived value it doesn't matter. They got something instead of pay a guy that they clearly did not want to keep. Why is that so fucking hard to understand. The Jags were not resigning this guy.

Lincoln
10-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Look at the scenario, Pay the guy top 5 money when he doesn't fit your system or trade for multiple picks and recoup some value instead of nothing. People seem to think that teams are just lining up to give away 1st day picks. Whatever your perceived value it doesn't matter. They got something instead of pay a guy that they clearly did not want to keep. Why is that so fucking hard to understand. The Jags were not resigning this guy.

We will give you cousins for a 2nd

spurraider21
10-03-2013, 06:04 PM
you got peanuts for one of the better pass blockers in the league. you were better off dealing him on draft day, where his value would have been higher. instead you sat on him, now you gave him away for mid-late picks, are paying a vast majority of his salary this year, and it turns out the Steelers were also looking to improve their pass protection. you weren't even shopping him, someone just said lemme have that good pass blocker for some mid-late picks.

RGMCSE
10-03-2013, 06:25 PM
you got peanuts for one of the better pass blockers in the league. you were better off dealing him on draft day, where his value would have been higher. instead you sat on him, now you gave him away for mid-late picks, are paying a vast majority of his salary this year, and it turns out the Steelers were also looking to improve their pass protection. you weren't even shopping him, someone just said lemme have that good pass blocker for some mid-late picks.

Hey dude maybe your right. But maybe they did try. Can you prove that Dave Caldwell didn't try to shop him knowing damn well he was going to draft Luke at the same position. I don't think you can prove that. More power to you if you can. All your talking is out your anus. Because Dave Caldwell said it him self that they were casually talking back and forth about it. Then it made sense to make the deal because Baltimore had picks and could afford to make the deal. Does that sound like a GM who was just sitting on his ass and gave away a player because someone duped him? He was actively shopping him dude.

here are the quotes:

Caldwell said the Ravens trade came about quickly, with casual conversations with Baltimore turning into a trade opportunity because Baltimore had draft picks available. The Ravens expect to get multiple mid-to-late-round selections as compensatory selections this offseason.

“Everything kind of aligned perfectly,” Caldwell said. “He was going to a good spot. They were getting a good player in Eugene, and it’s really going to help us in the future.

“They’re in a different state than a lot of teams. They have a good football team and a lot of draft picks this year. They’re able to afford to do that. I think it was a very fair offer from them.”

The Jaguars now have 10 selections in the 2014 NFL Draft – one each in the first, second and third rounds, two in the fourth round, three in the fifth round, one in the sixth round and one in the seventh round. The Jaguars received a fourth- and fifth-round selection in the Monroe trade and a fifth-rounder for former wide receiver Mike Thomas.

“When you make a commitment to build through the draft, having as many picks as possible is a key,” Caldwell said. “It gives you a lot more flexibility in terms of what you can do in terms of trading up and back.”

RGMCSE
10-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Hey dumb fuck, try to keep up. Their acquiring picks. not giving them away.

spurraider21
10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
you got peanuts for a good left tackle.

Holden_Caulfield
10-03-2013, 06:44 PM
:lmao. i'd rather draft mettenberger with that pick tbh

Holden_Caulfield
10-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)21h (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385585451551047680)
Eugene Monroe wasn't even on the block I'm told. Ravens called, offer made sense. To build through the draft, Jags need picks, so open to it
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
21h (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385587144254713856)
One more thing on Eugene Monroe trade: It came together in a day. What happens when you have 2 GMs with a good relationship who get itIan Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
3h (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385863977143525376)
Was asked by @lindsay_rhodes (https://twitter.com/lindsay_rhodes) if #Browns (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Browns&src=hash) could actually be buyers: Turns out, they would've traded for Eugene Monroe if they had the chance

we got trade raped bro just accept it. what dumbass move by our gm :bang

Raven
10-03-2013, 07:00 PM
in your GM's defense, they reportedly tried to trade him before the draft.

Holden_Caulfield
10-03-2013, 07:02 PM
in your GM's defense, they reportedly tried to trade him before the draft.
really? this is the first time im hearing about this. probably gotten a better offer then too :lol

RGMCSE
10-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)21h (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385585451551047680)
Eugene Monroe wasn't even on the block I'm told. Ravens called, offer made sense. To build through the draft, Jags need picks, so open to it
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
21h (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385587144254713856)
One more thing on Eugene Monroe trade: It came together in a day. What happens when you have 2 GMs with a good relationship who get itIan Rapoport ‏@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
3h (https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385863977143525376)
Was asked by @lindsay_rhodes (https://twitter.com/lindsay_rhodes) if #Browns (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Browns&src=hash) could actually be buyers: Turns out, they would've traded for Eugene Monroe if they had the chance

we got trade raped bro just accept it. what dumbass move by our gm :bang

I'm not gonna cry over it. We got what we fucking got. Ill take the picks. This team needs them thats for sure. Monroe wasn't going to turn this team around by him self. Think big picture man.

RGMCSE
10-03-2013, 07:17 PM
really? this is the first time im hearing about this. probably gotten a better offer then too :lol

Remember when our old Gm's would trade the farm for Busts like Derrick Harvey!!! :lmao Now we have a GM actually trying to use those picks and acquire more. Wow, what a concept.

Holden_Caulfield
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm not gonna cry over it. We got what we fucking got. Ill take the picks. This team needs them thats for sure. Monroe wasn't going to turn this team around by him self. Think big picture man.
big picture was we got two bookend tackles to protect teddy, but instead now we rely on a rookie joeckel and have 3rd day picks and we'll rely on a stop gap rt who will not be as good as the monroe joeckel combo. lol big picture my ass. and what are the chances we get a starter with those picks? chances are we couldve gotten a better deal if he actually shopped monroe. disappointed. why cant he trade marcedes who sucks :lol but no he trades one of our better players :bang for shitty picks

Lincoln
10-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Defending getting raped :lmao

You're like that dumb bitch who gets abused by her husband and everyone knows it yet you keep making lies to cover it up and defend him

Lincoln
10-03-2013, 07:22 PM
You need to move on from MJD too

Holden_Caulfield
10-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Remember when our old Gm's would trade the farm for Busts like Derrick Harvey!!! :lmao Now we have a GM actually trying to use those picks and acquire more. Wow, what a concept.
then he trades our old GM's better picks for a bag of hot cheetos yeah really reassuring

Chinook
10-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Mid-round picks are only garbage to teams with poor front offices. Good teams can get productive players there. In 2010, the Ravens got Pitta and Arthur Jones. Caldwell has to call his own number here and believe that he can do similar things.

Although the best choice in my opinion was for them to just keep Monroe.

RGMCSE
10-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Mid-round picks are only garbage to teams with poor front offices. Good teams can get productive players there. In 2010, the Ravens got Pitta and Arthur Jones. Caldwell has to call his own number here and believe that he can do similar things.

Although the best choice in my opinion was for them to just keep Monroe.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR11vanjstMELS6DegSxr3CBGmlyjl1G 7AyquI4yFf4C8USG364Fw

DeadlyDynasty
10-04-2013, 10:43 PM
You can't, I've tried multiple times. The NFL team you grew up rooting for (unless they move cities) will always be in your blood--even during tough times. I can deal with the Lakers, Marlins, Panthers and college hoops teams (UMD, UM) going though rough patches w/o caring too much, but football is like religion to me. The Bills have sucked hard since Wade benched Flutie in 1999, but I still foolishly root for them in the hopes that someday it might happen. Canes football is second for me, which is why I wanted to murder Jacory Harris.

Chinook
10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
So apparently, teams have been complaining to the NFL front office about the Ravens getting Monroe so cheap. CBS Sports reported that the Browns were willing to give up a third plus additional picks ... if they had only known Monroe was available.

:lol:lol:lol

Holden_Caulfield
10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
So apparently, teems have been complaining to the NFL front office about the Ravens getting Monroe so cheap. CBS Sports reported that the Browns were willing to give up a third plus additional picks ... if they had only known Monroe was available.

:lol:lol:lol

yeah our GM is fucking retarded yet a majority of the jags board are still on his nuts defending the trade. :lmao fucking idiots :bang
goodell shouldve used football reasons to veto that shit hahah

Chinook
10-06-2013, 01:39 PM
And now Joeckel is hurt.

Holden_Caulfield
10-06-2013, 03:21 PM
can we trade your picks back:lol

Holden_Caulfield
10-06-2013, 03:28 PM
high ankle fracture. out for the season :bang:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pc toss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

spurraider21
10-06-2013, 03:34 PM
high ankle fracture. out for the season :bang:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pc toss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss
i think this is what you're going for

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/www.ign.com/79/2012/03/kill_it_w_fire_suicide.gif

Chinook
10-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Timing is everything, I guess. With McKinnie playing so poorly, I think it's fair to say he's officially on the block. I'm sure Ozzie would give him up for a pick if the Jags are interested.

Holden_Caulfield
10-06-2013, 03:59 PM
if that shit happens, he should just resign tbh. didnt mckinnie whiff on that flacco pick 6 :lmao

Chinook
10-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Yes, he gave up the edge and let Jordan get a hand on the ball. If the Ravens had lost that game, then he'd probably need a body guard in Baltimore right now.

Raven
10-06-2013, 04:38 PM
wow, joeckel out for the season, this trade gets worse every day

DPG21920
10-06-2013, 04:47 PM
MJD is so gone.