PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kirby responds to the GOAT

AchillesHeel
10-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Kobe Bryant ✔ KobeBryant (https://twitter.com/kobebryant)
Domino effect. I stole some of his..this generation stole some of mine #thecycle (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thecycle&src=hash)
9:46 PM - 1 Oct 2013 (https://twitter.com/kobebryant/statuses/385113406929248256)

Michael Jordan.
10-02-2013, 09:21 AM
:lol who stole his coattailing abilities?

ambchang
10-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Who stole Kobe's moves? Nick Young?

And if anybody stole those moves, the stole it from the GOAT.

DMC
10-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Who stole the raping part?

Michael never had Father Aperaham, never begged Aperaham to stay.

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Who stole the raping part?

Michael never had Father Aperaham, never begged Aperaham to stay.

I could care less tbh...I'm just glad it's

Kobe 5
Rimmy 4
Lebronze 2

gamesetmatch

AchillesHeel
10-02-2013, 09:36 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j4kpzrOc1r195mao1_500.jpg

Kobe 5
Rimmy 4
Lebronze 2

gamesetmatch

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1110003.jpg

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Kobe 5
RimmyTheAss 4

Double-Up
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM
^ Damn Kool...didn't know you was locked up in '94?

ItAzJD0o9NQ

DMC
10-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Kobe 5
Rimmy 4
Lebronze 2

gamesetmatch

I'm just up the road from UC Berkeley right now, probably closer to LA than you've ever been.

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm just up the road from UC Berkeley right now, probably closer to LA than you've ever been.

^ You're right I've never stepped foot in LA... :hat that being the case it's still:

Kobe 5
Rimmymyass 4

Killakobe81
10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Who stole Kobe's moves? Nick Young?

And if anybody stole those moves, the stole it from the GOAT.

that is silly. Your hate blinds you. MJ patterened after Dr.J?1. But many players never saw Doc play in his prime. SO did player like Kobe "steal from Docto J"?!
Players of this era love Kobe because that was the guy they saw in AAU and HS as "the man". the next generation will be Lebron worshippers Kobe is right it is a cycle ...You cant steal from players you never saw play. Sure you can watch footage but how many inner city kids gonna do that. they mimic what they see on TV.

Clipper Nation
10-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Considering Kirby's "moves" are 1.) get ball, 2.) chuck ball, 3.) brick, I'm sure there are plenty of scrubs who have "stolen his moves," tbh :lol

AchillesHeel
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Considering Kirby's "moves" are 1.) get ball, 2.) chuck ball, 3.) brick, I'm sure there are plenty of scrubs who have "stolen his moves," tbh :lol

OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis, tbh.

Leetonidas
10-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Kool never even been to LA :lol fucking bandwagoner

"I've met Kobe and LeBron on numerous occasions" :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
lol who stole kobes moves? i dont see anyone in the league whose copying his shitty moves

RsxPiimp
10-02-2013, 10:52 AM
I see where this is going, harden has always told the media he learned and patterned his game (minus the flop) from the mamba:lol

Vash StampedE
10-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Who stole his ball-hogging tendencies?

Vash StampedE
10-02-2013, 11:02 AM
OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis, tbh.
Well, that answers my question. You can add some Gary Neal to that. But I believe no one, even before the modern era, has ever reached the level of ball-hogging that Kobe possess.

Buddy Mignon
10-02-2013, 11:09 AM
No one the league today is skillful enough to emulate Kobes moves. Most guys would get benched for even attempting the shots Kobe pulls off.

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Well, that answers my question. You can add some Gary Neal to that. But I believe no one, even before the modern era, has ever reached the level of ball-hogging that Kobe possess.

That tony parker fella should a ring a bell or 2....dude has hero mode mvp aspirations exposed as a phony fake ass leader

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Kool never even been to LA :lol fucking bandwagoner

"I've met Kobe and LeBron on numerous occasions" :lmao
the best is when he talks about the money he has now, and that he's set to receive milli:lolns from his parents, and yet he welshed on a 500 dollar bet :lmao

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 11:33 AM
the best is when he talks about the money he has now, and that he's set to receive milli:lolns from his parents, and yet he welshed on a 500 dollar bet :lmao

I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I lost to a Spur fan...there is no dishonor in it tbh depend on who you're fucking

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 11:35 AM
I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I lost to a Spur fan...there is no dishonor in it tbh depend on who you're fucking
we all know you a broke ass laker fan who spends more time on a spurs website than anything else

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 11:38 AM
we all know you a broke ass laker fan who spends more time on a spurs website than anything else

I encourage you to keep believing :toast nothing wrong with that I do not want your opinion to change :lol

Leetonidas
10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
slimy fucking rat. :lol you're no real man, you're a little biatch :lol

Ghazi
10-02-2013, 11:45 AM
People who say they got money typically dont

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 11:51 AM
People who say they got money typically dont

qualifier please?

Floyd Mayweather says he does :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 11:53 AM
slimy fucking rat. :lol you're no real man, you're a little biatch :lol

why am I a bitch? what...you have morals now? why do you have morals..don't you know that morality is a biblical term...you can't possibly think I'm slimy based on right and wrong if you don't believe in god...sounds like you believe in the 10 Commandments of Moses :lmao

Juggity
10-02-2013, 12:38 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8j4kpzrOc1r195mao1_500.jpg

Never fails to make me smile.

I can't remember a time when such high expectations have ever been so completely dashed.

ambchang
10-02-2013, 01:09 PM
that is silly. Your hate blinds you. MJ patterened after Dr.J?1. But many players never saw Doc play in his prime. SO did player like Kobe "steal from Docto J"?!
Players of this era love Kobe because that was the guy they saw in AAU and HS as "the man". the next generation will be Lebron worshippers Kobe is right it is a cycle ...You cant steal from players you never saw play. Sure you can watch footage but how many inner city kids gonna do that. they mimic what they see on TV.

DR J never had that turnaround. Dr. J never referred to himself as a third person. Dr. J never wore two sweat bands on his left arm up to his elbow. Dr. J never had those post moves. Jordan was similar to Dr. J in that they were the masters of the skies and that they had great midflight control. Their games really never were that similar.

Sure, Jordan didn't invent post moves or the turnaround J, but he was the first to incorporate it as an unstoppable weapon for a guard.

ambchang
10-02-2013, 01:10 PM
I see where this is going, harden has always told the media he learned and patterned his game (minus the flop) from the mamba:lol

Ginobili's nickname is Manu, or Obiwan-Ginobili

Leetonidas
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
why am I a bitch? what...you have morals now? why do you have morals..don't you know that morality is a biblical term...you can't possibly think I'm slimy based on right and wrong if you don't believe in god...sounds like you believe in the 10 Commandments of Moses :lmao

you are one masssively retarded chimp brained fuck :lol

Leetonidas
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
dp :pctoss

thunderup
10-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Easy answer. The player who's had to join two other stars in his prime.

Michael Jordan.
10-02-2013, 02:03 PM
What about the player who couldn't lead two other stars to a ring in his prime?

Koolaid_Man
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
you are one masssively retarded chimp brained fuck :lol

I see...got you boxed in eh? Sounds like you have no legit rebuttal :lol

lefty
10-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Ouch

thunderup
10-02-2013, 02:50 PM
What about the player who couldn't lead two other stars to a ring in his prime?

What are you talking about partner? That makes no sense.

Rogue
10-02-2013, 07:51 PM
player who remained the alpha with two superstars playing alongside him, as opposed to someone else who was born to be a beta for lifelong

thunderup
10-02-2013, 09:05 PM
player who remained the alpha with two superstars playing alongside him, as opposed to someone else who was born to be a beta for lifelong
Call it whatever you want. He's still a pussy for doing what he did partner.

FkLA
10-03-2013, 02:29 AM
What move can you call Kobes? He will go down as a wannabe, not as good MJ. Nobody will ever say this guy reminds me of Kobe because in reality theyre reminding them of MJ. Every other great player of our generation made it to the top using their own moves...Kobe made it up there with his creepy ass obsession with MJ.

Bynumite
10-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Jim steals the layup from another player and it's Jim 5 Kobe 5 right now, thank God he didn't.

UZER
10-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Has anyone stole Kobes gum chewing style yet? That would reek of desperation to emulate.

Vash StampedE
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
That tony parker fella should a ring a bell or 2....dude has hero mode mvp aspirations exposed as a phony fake ass leader
Still, not Kobean-esque.

Phillip
10-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Kobe deserves credit in a positive way for "stealing" MJs moves. Why not steal from the very best? Not to mention most everyone else apparently is too stupid to do something so simple. I've never seen any guards with the footwork that MJ and Kobe has, and its pretty much not even close. The only person that comes to mind with comparable footwork is Steve Nash, but he is a completely different type of player. But you pretty much never see any 2s or 3s that utilize footwork quite to the extent they do. MAYBE Carmello, but again he is a different type of player.

Bynumite
10-03-2013, 10:19 AM
In a time where there's too much monkeyballing around the league and little fundamentals, more players should be stealing moves from old timers tbh.

Some players are just lost causes though, it's not that they don't want to use said moves, they're just too dumb to use them effectively in game. Example, Griffin and Howard.

How many times did Dwight work out with Hakeem and still doesn't have an effective go to offensive move after 10 years in the league.

Medvedenko
10-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Just like the majority of all time greats, Kobe has moves that were never performed by anyone in the league. The Knicks game where he dropped 60+ had a few memorable ones I've never seen by anyone prior or since. To discount his footwork, shot making and sheer crazyness of some of his moves is what makes him legendary.

Rogue
10-03-2013, 08:30 PM
the greatest are models for everyone to follow (excluding their off-court behaviors, of course) and I think stealing is too strong a word to use when other niggas are just imitating their games, learning their trademark moves in such a humble way. I also "stole" a few words as well as types of expression from Cully's novels and used them in mine, but I never felt being a thief

lefty
10-03-2013, 11:56 PM
DR J never had that turnaround. Dr. J never referred to himself as a third person. Dr. J never wore two sweat bands on his left arm up to his elbow. Dr. J never had those post moves. Jordan was similar to Dr. J in that they were the masters of the skies and that they had great midflight control. Their games really never were that similar.

Sure, Jordan didn't invent post moves or the turnaround J, but he was the first to incorporate it as an unstoppable weapon for a guard.
Thread

Game set and match

teddygreen
10-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Some more Jordan moves to study....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tP0UOfHlzM

ambchang
10-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Just like the majority of all time greats, Kobe has moves that were never performed by anyone in the league. The Knicks game where he dropped 60+ had a few memorable ones I've never seen by anyone prior or since. To discount his footwork, shot making and sheer crazyness of some of his moves is what makes him legendary.
Examples ....

TDMVPDPOY
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
even if kobe came into the league b4 jordan

jordan would copy his moves, but have higher efficiency and would be GOAT

kobe would always be a scrub

Bill_Brasky
10-04-2013, 10:11 AM
nobody stole anyone's moves because they're all the same moves that have been being used since the game was fuckin invented. some people are just better at them.

Medvedenko
10-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Examples ....

Try google or youtube.....enjoy

ambchang
10-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Try google or youtube.....enjoy

Tried. Nothing original. Show me

DMC
10-04-2013, 02:46 PM
There was a great quote from someone on here who said that there will never be another Kobe, because anyone who's going to be compared to Kobe is going to be compared to MJ instead. Kobe was a groupie. No one remembers groupies.

Michael Jordan.
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
What are you talking about partner? That makes no sense.
Durant.

ElNono
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM
There was a great quote from someone on here who said that there will never be another Kobe, because anyone who's going to be compared to Kobe is going to be compared to MJ instead. Kobe was a groupie. No one remembers groupies.

DMC