PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: The Dallas mavericks will win the SW division

Lincoln
10-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Dalembert will be TC
Marion is Marion

Calderon will be Kidd but a better shooter and more mobile

The GOAT PF will be in 2011 form

Monta will give us 22 ppg on 44% shooting and that GOAT/Monta pick and roll will be deadly tbh

The Mav fans will all return as well. It will be a glorious season

Lincoln
10-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Can't wait till Dejuan pushes Duncan's shit in

Leetonidas
10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
No, just, no. Battling Lakers for the 8th seed tbh

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 01:29 PM
you sound like a cowboy fan proclaiming "this is the year" every year.

the mavs caught lightning in a bottle in '11. was a perfect storm, a great run by _irk. but that was then

Lincoln
10-02-2013, 01:32 PM

the mavs caught lightning in a bottle in '11. was a perfect storm, a great run by _irk. but that was then

24-5 before GOAT and butler got injured. We were good all season long. We also managed to win a game 6 on the road with our best player making shots down the stretch and not missing 2 ft layups

Trainwreck2100
10-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Dalembert will be TC
Marion is Marion

Monta will give us 22 ppg on 44% shooting and that GOAT/Monta pick and roll will be deadly tbh

you play GTA online yet?

Lincoln
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM
you play GTA online yet?

Still waiting to do the first fucking race tbh

R* needs to hurry the fuck up it's been 36 hours

Trainwreck2100
10-02-2013, 01:41 PM

i finally got the race to start but while racing my internet connection got fucked up. Haven't got it to start since.

Leetonidas
you play GTA online yet?

How is it? I'm still like 25% through the campaign...trying to not beat it all so quickly

Trainwreck2100
How is it? I'm still like 25% through the campaign...trying to not beat it all so quickly

Broken

Leetonidas
10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
well that's depressing :depressed

Phillip
10-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Not sure about winning the division, with Houston, SA, and Memphis all in there, but they should be better than some people think. If healthy, they should compete for a top 5 seed. They won 41 games and almost made the playoffs last year with a significantly less talented and balanced squad and Dirk missing more than half the season. Dirk for a full healthy year with a much better squad should get to 50 wins.

Phillip
10-02-2013, 03:39 PM

It wasn't lightning in a bottle at all. It was getting healthy, and making lineup changes that should have been made much sooner. As Lincoln pointed out, major injuries at a bad time really messed things up, then when Roddy B came back and was forced into the starting lineup, which I truly believe was partially Carlisle being sick of people (including Cubes) questioning his resistance to play Roddy, so he was trying to prove a point that he simply wasn't as good as the fans thought. When he began starting, the chemistry got completely destroyed.

Removing French Allah from the lineup, and replacing him with Stevenson made a MASSIVE difference. While I was an over the top Roddy fan at the time, I never liked him starting over Stevenson.

Phillip
10-02-2013, 03:39 PM
All hail Rick Carlisle, the best coach in the NBA :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::w orthy:

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
It wasn't lightning in a bottle at all. It was getting healthy, and making lineup changes that should have been made much sooner. As Lincoln pointed out, major injuries at a bad time really messed things up, then when Roddy B came back and was forced into the starting lineup, which I truly believe was partially Carlisle being sick of people (including Cubes) questioning his resistance to play Roddy, so he was trying to prove a point that he simply wasn't as good as the fans thought. When he began starting, the chemistry got completely destroyed.

Removing French Allah from the lineup, and replacing him with Stevenson made a MASSIVE difference. While I was an over the top Roddy fan at the time, I never liked him starting over Stevenson.
Props tbh. When I saw you responded to my post, I was expecting a simple "shutup faggot"
but the 3 point barrage + dirks epic run was lightning in a bottle. Dirk was flawless during the WC playoffs. Untouchable against lakers and skullfucked ibaka

DPG21920
10-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Not sure about winning the division, with Houston, SA, and Memphis all in there, but they should be better than some people think. If healthy, they should compete for a top 5 seed. They won 41 games and almost made the playoffs last year with a significantly less talented and balanced squad and Dirk missing more than half the season. Dirk for a full healthy year with a much better squad should get to 50 wins.

They should be a 5-6 seed if healthy. This division is brutal. Just the bigs alone is unbelievably stacked: Duncan/Splitter/Gasol/Zbo/Dwight/Asik/Dirk/Unibrow. Just sick.

Have to say: OKC/SPUR/HOU/GS/MEM with Dallas right in that HOU/GS/MEM mix.

DPG21920
10-02-2013, 04:20 PM

While the aftermath is true, it was lightning in a bottle because Dallas never even really wanted to keep Chandler IMO. They traded for the best named asset they could expecting to make more moves and it just turned out that everything fell into place fit wise. Even having said that, they could have easily lost to the Heat if the Heat didn't meltdown in that Game 2. Great comeback with unbelievable clutch play by the Mavs, but going down 2-0 would have been death.

Robz4000
10-02-2013, 04:24 PM
:lmao

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Blair :lmao

Phillip
10-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Props tbh. When I saw you responded to my post, I was expecting a simple "shutup faggot"
but the 3 point barrage + dirks epic run was lightning in a bottle. Dirk was flawless during the WC playoffs. Untouchable against lakers and skullfucked ibaka
3 point barrage? Maybe in that one game against LA, but its not like they were just shooting lights out on 3s all playoffs long. They certainly hit timely 3s, but its not like it was constant fire. They shot 39% as a team from 3 through the playoffs. Take out that one ridiculous game against LA where they hit 20 3's, and they are down around 37% for the playoffs, only 1% higher than their season average. People tend to remember that incredible shooting game (where the Lakers gave up and weren't even playing defense), and Terry hitting that 3 in Lebron's face in game 5, and think that the Mavs were shooting like that the entire playoffs, but they weren't. They just had people step up with big shots at the right time.

And while Dirk was dominant in that run, it was really no different than how much he had dominated the previous 3 playoff runs. The only difference was that his team was stepping up when he needed help, where in the past he was pretty much doing everything on his own. But statistically, he was equally or more dominant basically every playoff run since the Golden State fiasco, when he finally began to develop a more consistent post game to take advantage of smaller quicker defenders. Arguably, his most dominant playoff series ever was against Denver in 09, where he was completely raping them at will. But unfortunately, his starting lineup consisted of Eric Dampier, an injured and mentally destroyed Josh Howard, and Anthony Wright. Not much you can do when your teammates are completely worthless for an entire series, and allowing Carmello to drop 40 a night with incredible efficiency.

DPG21920
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM
forgot to mention clips and denver obviously...

Ghazi
10-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately i see us finishing last

Ghazi
10-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Ultimately a major problem this mavs roster faces is a veteran roster with no shot to win the title and no young talent

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 04:45 PM
3 point barrage? Maybe in that one game against LA, but its not like they were just shooting lights out on 3s all playoffs long. They certainly hit timely 3s, but its not like it was constant fire. They shot 39% as a team from 3 through the playoffs. Take out that one ridiculous game against LA where they hit 20 3's, and they are down around 37% for the playoffs, only 1% higher than their season average. People tend to remember that incredible shooting game (where the Lakers gave up and weren't even playing defense), and Terry hitting that 3 in Lebron's face in game 5, and think that the Mavs were shooting like that the entire playoffs, but they weren't. They just had people step up with big shots at the right time.

And while Dirk was dominant in that run, it was really no different than how much he had dominated the previous 3 playoff runs. The only difference was that his team was stepping up when he needed help, where in the past he was pretty much doing everything on his own. But statistically, he was equally or more dominant basically every playoff run since the Golden State fiasco, when he finally began to develop a more consistent post game to take advantage of smaller quicker defenders. Arguably, his most dominant playoff series ever was against Denver in 09, where he was completely raping them at will. But unfortunately, his starting lineup consisted of Eric Dampier, an injured and mentally destroyed Josh Howard, and Anthony Wright. Not much you can do when your teammates are completely worthless for an entire series, and allowing Carmello to drop 40 a night with incredible efficiency.
I think the mavs shot something like 60% from 3 in that entire series

elmanutres
10-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Dalembert will be TC
Marion is Marion

http://play.esea.net/global/media_preview.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdanisdailydose. files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F12%2Fmj-laughing.gif

TheRealCB
10-02-2013, 05:50 PM

That Melo 3..... Damn...Even though in the grand scheme of things it didn't mean much as weren't beating the Lakers,it stung like hell..

Phillip
10-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I think the mavs shot something like 60% from 3 in that entire series

Maybe, I don't know, although I'm sure it was lifted quite a bit by that one game. Not to mention the Lakers perimeter defense was absolutely abysmal, not in just that series, but all season. It's nothing un-ordinary either. Teams that win championships frequently will have a series or two where they dominate. Big whoop.

If they shot 60% in that series, then they must not have shot too incredibly well in the other 3 series they played. Again, proving it wasn't just a flash in the pan like people suggest. They were a high quality team that looked like a serious championship contender by pretty much dominating other elite teams until they got plagued midseason by injuries, resulting in chemistry issues from incorporating new players into the system. Thankfully, Carlisle made adjustments in the final couple weeks, as well as lit a fire under them by calling them "soft" in a post game press conference. After that, they started playing with much more enthusiasm, and won the championship.

The team won 57 games despite a serious rash of injuries to 3 starters with almost 50 games left to be played, leading to chemistry issues. Imagine if they were able to stay generally healthy through the season, and didn't have to force Roddy into the rotation? The team easily wins 60+ games. They were a better basketball team than people want to admit. All people want to remember is them having a bad couple weeks prior to the playoffs, everyone thinking they were going to be 1st round fodder because of that, and then dethroning the Lakers with a magnificent shooting game suddenly made them a team that "just got hot" and "wasn't really that good". Teams that "aren't that good" and "just got hot" may win a series, MAYBE 2 if lucky. This team won 4 series in dominating fashion against very good competition. They didn't face a single weak team. Even Portland was a team a lot of people thought could be a dark horse out of the West for the Finals and could dethrone the Lakers.

The 2011 Mavericks were a damn good basketball team.

Spur-Addict
10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Come on Lincoln, really? SMH

Michael Jordan.
10-02-2013, 06:27 PM

I did the first race, bought some clothes, stole some drugs. Bought a car and some insurance, robbed a store, then my character didn't save and had to start over. Still waiting :lol

ElNono
10-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I like that Dallas roster... but I wanna see Dirk walking first... if he's limping as fuck like last season, I don't see it.

DJR210
10-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Can't wait till Dejuan pushes Duncan's shit in

Duncan won't be guarding Dejaun at the three point line when he is shooting his patented 22 foot runners.

Rogue
10-02-2013, 08:24 PM
and Lincoln will be our new Ghazi :toast

Joseph Kony
10-02-2013, 08:28 PM
tbh Mavs may not be too good but I'm excited to see this new lineup around Dirk. It will be interesting seeing Monta Haveitall on the Dallas roster and whether or not he can become an efficient player since he doesn't have to chuck 25 shots a game or if he will do just that. Calderon will be a very underrated addition imo. Blair is trash though, but he should be alright if he plays a limited role

Leon Black
10-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I bet they'll be able to hold onto a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to go. :lol

SPM
10-02-2013, 09:34 PM

ouch :lol

Arnold Toht
10-02-2013, 09:35 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2321749/dirkexcited.gif

Joseph Kony
10-02-2013, 09:38 PM

I bet their star player won't tear his ACL in the first game of the playoffs :lol

Phillip
10-02-2013, 10:11 PM
tbh Mavs may not be too good but I'm excited to see this new lineup around Dirk. It will be interesting seeing Monta Haveitall on the Dallas roster and whether or not he can become an efficient player since he doesn't have to chuck 25 shots a game or if he will do just that. Calderon will be a very underrated addition imo. Blair is trash though, but he should be alright if he plays a limited role

Yeah I don't think Blair will do much of anything. But Calderon is a very exciting addition IMO. Him, Dirk, and Ellis I think make a lethal offensive trio.

Joseph Kony
10-02-2013, 10:15 PM
What are your thoughts on Dalembert? I haven't seen him play at all the last couple seasons, is he still a good defensive anchor?

Rogue
10-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Don't think Dalembert is still that good defensively but he can still grab some rebounds which's what we most need. TC escalated our defense straigtly to the elite level in 11 but such niggas don't grow on trees imho. Our outfield players will need to play hard defensively to avoid too many easy paths into the paint, and Dalembert is very inconsistent nowadays imho, like he can grab 20+ rebounds in a game then suck major asses the right next game.

Rogue
10-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah I don't think Blair will do much of anything. But Calderon is a very exciting addition IMO. Him, Dirk, and Ellis I think make a lethal offensive trio.
My nigga will have a big role to play on them Mavs squad imho, as a solid backup to Dirk who's one year older and supposedly gonna need more resting time. Dude'll be a 2nd coming of Brandon Bass for us at least, if not better.

and you can even play my nigga at 5 when you go small ball, with Dirk or Marion at four.

Phillip
10-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Brandan Wright >>>>>>>>>> Blair

Wright is a perfect backup for both Dirk and Dalembert. Wright needs to get at least 20 mpg this season. Not great in a starting role, but a fantastic backup big.

m>s
10-02-2013, 11:12 PM
is this thread serious?

HarlemHeat37
10-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Dallas will finish 7th or 8th IMO, they have a solid roster, but as Ghazi said, they're in NBA purgatory at the moment..

Ghazi
10-03-2013, 01:35 AM
It just doesn't really matter (the current purgatory), Mavs were due for a stretch like this after being elite/50+ wins for so long.

The boys are playing with house money, the Dirk era is a success no matter how it finishes due to the 2011 team.

spurraider21
10-03-2013, 01:55 AM
wait this thread was serious? :lol

Sean Cagney
10-03-2013, 01:58 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHA. Will win SW division? Slow down sir.
It just doesn't really matter (the current purgatory), Mavs were due for a stretch like this after being elite/50+ wins for so long.

The boys are playing with house money, the Dirk era is a success no matter how it finishes due to the 2011 team.

I said the same as Tims run and the Spurs run, although they lost the finals last year they were playing with house many man and they were 50+ a record amount of years and 4 finals wins and 5 finals appearances, no doubt it was a success for the Spurs IMO. I said what you said though, most would kill for one ring as many greats who played the game never had any.

Phillip
10-03-2013, 09:45 AM
:clap to lincoln for such a simple thread inducing extreme butthurt in so many gnsf

Vash StampedE
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
You're always allowed to dream.

McGusto55
10-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Put the crack pipe down....

AchillesHeel
10-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Mavs success depends on Dirk's health and Monta's production, if Dirk keeps getting injured and Monta takes 20 shots per game for 21 points, them Mavs are gonna finish 8-10 seed, so either they get swept in the 1st round, or they miss the playoffs by a slim margin and get an average draft pick(? do they even have their 2014 pick?)

spurraider21
10-03-2013, 01:26 PM
marion is the only plus-defender on that team and he's pretty seasoned

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-03-2013, 02:38 PM
The Mav fans will all return as well.

:lol So just where have they gone to.

Samuel Eto'o
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Yeah man!

HarlemHeat37
10-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah man!

:lol do you enjoy the flavor of vanilla, tbh?..

Rogue
10-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Realistically said, it's gonna be very diffcult for us to win the SW division, which means finishing above Spurs, Rockets and even Memphis, but it doesn't mean we have to give up our faith. No one seriously believed (except Ghazi of course) at the start of 10-11 season that we would end up winning the championship that season, but at the end of the day we beat all odds and did it.

ehz33satx
10-04-2013, 02:03 AM

Bullshit. That was David Stern giving one to Cuban and telling him to shut the fuck up. The Mavericks will never even come close to smelling success again anytime soon.

TDMVPDPOY
10-04-2013, 02:09 AM
they should dream they will have a better record then the lakers, instead of these dreams that will never come true like winninga SW or championship again

bus driver
10-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Dalembert will be TC
Marion is Marion

Listen to the angry man

Man, sit your ass down.

http://youtu.be/Nc5v8r0rNk0

http://youtu.be/p5cYPykeY_w

spurraider21
01-09-2014, 01:23 AM
:lol

Lincoln
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM
:lmao

spurraider21
01-09-2014, 01:32 AM

Ghazi
01-09-2014, 01:43 AM
This seasons gone according to the script basically, lookin like 45 wins and a 1st round exit. Think they may lose a few more games than that though.

racm
01-09-2014, 02:25 AM
you'll be squabbling with Denver and Minny for the chance to be wrecked in the first round by SA or OKC tbh

Rogue
01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
I still believe the potential acquisition of a quality defensive big will make a whole lot of difference tbh. Say if we could somehow get big daddy TC back in Dallas we'd be a title contender again right away, imho

KaiRMD1
01-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Do you think Blair still has those games against San Antonio circled?

spurraider21
01-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I still believe the potential acquisition of a quality defensive big will make a whole lot of difference tbh. Say if we could somehow get big daddy TC back in Dallas we'd be a title contender again right away, imho
bench is still paper thin beyond Vince, and Calderon is just a spot up shooter/defensive liability just like Nash. Chandler has also regressed and is as injury prone as ever. Ellis has exceeded expectations, and Marion is playing at a high level still. but they're first round fodder

Leon Black
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
bench is still paper thin beyond Vince, and Calderon is just a spot up shooter/defensive liability just like Nash. Chandler has also regressed and is as injury prone as ever. Ellis has exceeded expectations, and Marion is playing at a high level still. but they're first round fodder

shut up faggot

Leon Black
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM
http://cdn.necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/andrew-bynum.jpg

spurraider21
01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
sup tacker