PDA

View Full Version : NBA: DHoward had the Spurs won the 2013 Championship

Fabbs
10-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Had the Spurs held onto their insurmountable (oops guess not) lead in Game 6 and won Legit Championship #5, would DHoward and his people considered coming to the Spurs?

It's pure speculation i know, but....

For you beancounters capologists, assume Manu would shock the world and taken less, since he's only made 100 million or whatever so far.
Could Frenchie and Tim have taken a little less too, or is that against the collective bargaining agreement? Yes i know Tim already has given until it hurts, I'm thinking Frenchie is the one who could have given up more. Assume Tim with 5 Champs in hand wanted to really solidify his legacy and get 6 or even 7.
Bonner did the right thing and tore up his contract and signed for the minimum or accepted a trade to Toronto.

Katherine Robinson
10-04-2013, 03:45 PM
There is absolutely nothing of interest San Antonio has to offer, Houston at least had cheaper baby-mama fees and looser women.

Fabbs
10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
There is absolutely nothing of interest San Antonio has to offer, Houston at least had cheaper baby-mama fees and looser women.
I dunno is it possible, even if slightly, that he would be interested in becoming another very very rare NBA player (Timmy Dunkan) who would be truly be more interested in contributing to Championship vs bank, adulation etc?
Howard seemed like he was in a place that, after experiencing LA and Laker phoniness that perhaps being a main cog, the main cog in a legit Championship would have enticed him to Spurs?

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Dwight Howard wants two things:
1. To be the face of a franchise
2. To not be held accountable if anything goes wrong.

Even if dollars and cents were no issue (and I don't remember the details of the Spurs cap situation, but it would have taken some heavy duty wheeling and dealing IIRC) I don't think the Spurs could offer him either. He wouldn't have the media breathing down his neck but he'd have Pop in his face around the clock if he showed the sort of lack of improvement we've seen from him for several seasons now.

racm
10-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Howard would be a guy the Spurs would court but he wouldn't bite given a coach who'd tell him to start using a condom and play pick and roll with Tony/Manu, tbh.

Katherine Robinson
10-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I dunno is it possible, even if slightly, that he would be interested in becoming another very very rare NBA player (Timmy Dunkan) who would be truly be more interested in contributing to Championship vs bank, adulation etc?
Howard seemed like he was in a place that, after experiencing LA and Laker phoniness that perhaps being a main cog, the main cog in a legit Championship would have enticed him to Spurs?

He wishes for money, rings and sex. Houston gives him two of these things without the pressure of LA. Gregg wants rings, he wants players who put this as a priority. If Dwight was truly interested, which would be unlikely even if the Spurs won several in a row, Gregg would give him a pass because Dwight Howard is not a system player and would destroy the chemistry which makes the Spurs overachieve.

Rogue
10-04-2013, 08:28 PM
players like DH will never adapt to the Spurs system and function in a positive way because they don't have the brain to do so. Even if he somehow joined the spurs he would be nothing but an upgraded Jackie Butler, except costing 10 times as much money