PDA

View Full Version : gravity imax 3d

InRareForm
10-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Pretty sick bra

DJR210
10-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Cool story.

Seriously, no link? We have to search on our own now??

DJR210
10-05-2013, 01:56 AM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/gravity.4/

Trainwreck2100
10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I;m never seeing this movie

plainmustard
10-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Watched it last night. One of the best I've seen in quite awhile.

boutons_deux
10-06-2013, 10:59 AM
it's romping and stomping on Rotten Tomatoes

tlongII
10-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't know. CosmoRed told me it was faked in a studio.

Darius McCrary
01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
My god what an incredibly boring overrated piece of crap

cantthinkofanything
01-20-2015, 03:28 PM
My god what an incredibly boring overrated piece of crap

fuck yes. that was terrible. I fell asleep. soooo glad I did not pay to see that.

Blake
01-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah, boring

Darth_Pelican
01-20-2015, 04:16 PM
A character study set in space and filmed in IMAX 3D to help empty the viewer's pockets.

CosmicCowboy
01-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Glad I waited and watched it free on HBO. Maybe a 1.5 jalapeno.

I'm looking forward to The Martian, though...The book was really interesting and a good read. Hope they don't fuck up the movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Martian-Has-Quietly-Put-Together-Home-Run-List-Cast-67872.html

hater
01-21-2015, 09:19 AM
If you watched gravity at home or in 2D you really did not watch Gravity.

sorry guys. better luck next time.

the 3D gravity (after a nice J) was AMAZING

Blake
01-21-2015, 09:25 AM

Is the plot better in 3D?

hater
01-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Is the plot better in 3D?

:lol plot

you don't watch gravity for the plot

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 09:44 AM

I can see it maybe being a better experience in 3D for sure. But that ain't what all the fucking buildup said.
"one of the greatest man vs. nature movies in cinematic history"
"one of the best science fiction movies in years"
"The fact that the film touches on spiritual themes at all is worth noting, and makes this film just a little bit more than the thrill ride that all the ads have promised." (WTF)

Anyway, I missed the boat on Avatar as well. Kept putting off going the theater so suffered through that piece of crap on DVD.

hater
01-21-2015, 09:47 AM
^ well I didn't read anything on the movie when I walked in the theatre. (which is the smart thing to do before ANY movie)

I didn't know anything on the movie. Just that it was a space movie. It was amazing.

and :lol at a non-3d theatre avatar. that shit is horrible

btw Lego movie probably falls in the same category

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 10:06 AM
^ well I didn't read anything on the movie when I walked in the theatre. (which is the smart thing to do before ANY movie)

I didn't know anything on the movie. Just that it was a space movie. It was amazing.

and :lol at a non-3d theatre avatar. that shit is horrible

btw Lego movie probably falls in the same category

Word. I don't seek out information on a movie before I see it. But it was damn near impossible to avoid the promo freight train of Gravity. But even with all the build up, I thought a sci-fi movie with George Clooney (no homo). Should be pretty good. The most helpful review that I would have liked to see is:

"George Clooney dies early, you'll have to watch Sandra Bullock floating around for 3 hours doing some shit in space and almost dying but surprise, she fucking barely makes it. Also, don't expect any kind of twist at the end. Also, don't see it if you're not at least high or at least watching it in 3D."

Then I would have enough info to have rented Expendables 3 or whatever else was at RedBox that day.

~O~
01-21-2015, 10:12 AM
I thought the movies was amazing. Maybe because I'm a nerd and I like great symbolism. The symbolism was rebirth. She went through three stages of birth with the movies and she climbed out of the womb at the very end. The movie was also fairly realistic in the best chances someone could survive something catastrophic as that. If you're into. I'm interested into science and fields of study that observe everything outside of this earth because.....these are things that not under our control and very mysterious.

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 10:14 AM
I thought the movies was amazing. Maybe because I'm a nerd and I like great symbolism. The symbolism was rebirth. She went through three stages of birth within the movies and she climbed out of the womb at the very end. The movie was also fairly realistic in the best chances someone could survive something catastrophic as that. If you're into. I'm interested into science and fields of study that observe everything outside of this earth because.....these are things that not under our control and very mysterious.

Thanks. I'll probably rent this weekend and re-watch with those thoughts in mind.

hater
01-21-2015, 10:24 AM
one question. Has anyone watched this movie in a 3d TV and how does that compare to the theatre experience?

curious to see if 3D Tv is worth it or not

~O~
01-21-2015, 10:25 AM
I also Avatar wasn't as a terrible movie. That was just people watering it down to a "Dynamic Pocahontas" and over-hyped film. Avatar was a major breakthrough and CGI mechanics and architectures for movies. Its used today far too often. It was used in subtlety in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and at perfect moments. Avatar sort of open my mind to what type of planets could possibly exist which is why I look at documentaries on newly discovered planets every now again. I just had great college professors point me out to these little aspects and perceptions that I've taken for granted or overlooked when I was younger.

My very purpose and watching films is for majority symbolism and sometimes on the dynamic films such as Inception, Spirited Away, American History X; inspiration.

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 10:30 AM
I also Avatar wasn't as a terrible movie. That was just people watering it down to a "Dynamic Pocahontas" and over-hyped film. Avatar was a major breakthrough and CGI mechanics and architectures for movies. Its used today far too often. It was used in subtlety in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and at perfect moments. Avatar sort of open my mind to what type of planets could possibly exist which is why I look at documentaries on newly discovered planets every now again. I just had great college professors point me out to these little aspects and perceptions that I've taken for granted or overlooked when I was younger.

My very purpose and watching films is for majority symbolism and sometimes on the dynamic films such as Inception, Spirited Away, American History X; inspiration.

The fist 3D movie I saw in this new 3D rejuvenation was Monsters vs. Aliens. And it was pretty cool. But the novelty wore off quickly. I'll avoid a 3D movie if it's also got a 2D option. Unless something like Avatar comes out again where the effects ARE the point, I don't see much point.

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 10:37 AM

you would like The Good Lie with Reese Witherspoon.

~O~
01-21-2015, 10:40 AM
The fist 3D movie I saw in this new 3D rejuvenation was Monsters vs. Aliens. And it was pretty cool. But the novelty wore off quickly. I'll avoid a 3D movie if it's also got a 2D option. Unless something like Avatar comes out again where the effects ARE the point, I don't see much point.

All I ask for is that my movies are in 1080p crisp and clear. That's all because I can't see the pixels. This 4k nonsense and apples 5k nonsense is just a gimmick. Its basically the equivalent of the retina display gimmick. All products that have those resolutions have huge power consumption and you will pay more than just for you TV/mac desktop. What the market is attempting to do is immerse the consumer as much as possible by creating more clever add on's to television. Curving screens, 4k, 5k. 8k will be on its way pretty soon. The curving screen serves a point as to adjust to the distortion of your eyes. Doesn't matter though. I know its not real. Its a tv.

Then there's 9.1 surround sound. How innovations keep spewing out.

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 10:43 AM
All I ask for is that my movies are in 1080p crisp and clear. That's all because I can't see the pixels. This 4k nonsense and apples 5k nonsense is just a gimmick. Its basically the equivalent of the retina display gimmick. All products that have those resolutions have huge power consumption and you will pay more than just for you TV/mac desktop. What the market is attempting to do is immerse the consumer as much as possible by creating more clever add on's to television. Curving screens, 4k, 5k. 8k will be on its way pretty soon. The curving screen serves a point as to adjust to the distortion of your eyes. Doesn't matter though. I know its not real. Its a tv.

Then there's 9.1 surround sound. How innovations keep spewing out.

gotta leak it out over time so people can buy each latest thing. country runs on it.

~O~
01-21-2015, 10:47 AM
What I truly..want..to see is INTERSTELLER......now..that movie is already in the top 20 of all time. It probably was stunning. Sci-fi movies are doing great in the film industry right now. It just has to be something dynamically unthinkable.

Christopher Nolan...is the director..to add.....so he never disappoints.

hater
01-21-2015, 10:55 AM
on a side note I was waiting for The Sparrow to come out on film. That is the sci fi novel where a deformed alien rapes a priest numerous times :lol

Bratt Pitt had purchased the rights but now the author has revoked all rights because she thinks Hollywood would fuck it up :lol

dammit that would have been some shit

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 11:00 AM
on a side note I was waiting for The Sparrow to come out on film. That is the sci fi novel where a deformed alien rapes a priest numerous times :lol

Bratt Pitt had purchased the rights but now the author has revoked all rights because she thinks Hollywood would fuck it up :lol

dammit that would have been some shit

that a good book?

hater
01-21-2015, 11:07 AM
that a good book?

it's fucking weird and I might have ruined it for you due to telling you the main spoiler. Don't get me wrong, I also knew of the spoiler when I read it, but it would have blown my mind if I didn't know it.

Still it's a great read and the description of the aliens and their lifestyle in their home planet is awesome. Also the fact that the alien's social classes were even more disparate than in Earth was refreshing. Everyone usually paints advanced alien civs as perfect socially, but this book paints them like completely deranged psychopaths :lol

cantthinkofanything
01-21-2015, 11:12 AM
it's fucking weird and I might have ruined it for you due to telling you the main spoiler. Don't get me wrong, I also knew of the spoiler when I read it, but it would have blown my mind if I didn't know it.

Still it's a great read and the description of the aliens and their lifestyle in their home planet is awesome. Also the fact that the alien's social classes were even more disparate than in Earth was refreshing. Everyone usually paints advanced alien civs as perfect socially, but this book paints them like completely deranged psychopaths :lol

Sounds like something I'd be in to. LOL. I mean...not raping the priest part...

DJR210
01-21-2015, 03:22 PM
one question. Has anyone watched this movie in a 3d TV and how does that compare to the theatre experience?

curious to see if 3D Tv is worth it or not

I can answer that..

No.

3DTV never took off, and isn't worth a purchase specifically for 3D..I don't think there are any TV's worth buying at this point as TV's are stuck between the 1080p and 4K eras. 4K TV isn't supported yet, and it's overpriced at this point so I wouldn't consider a TV purchase now unless you didn't have a TV at all.

Blake
01-21-2015, 03:25 PM
I can answer that..

No.

3DTV never took off, and isn't worth a purchase specifically for 3D..I don't think there are any TV's worth buying at this point as TV's are stuck between the 1080p and 4K eras. 4K TV isn't supported yet, and it's overpriced at this point so I wouldn't consider a TV purchase now unless you didn't have a TV at all.

Yeah that super high def is cool to see on the showroom floor but basically worthless at this point, iirc

hater
01-21-2015, 03:38 PM
thanks fellas. that's what I thought.

sticking with my 4 year old plasma :tu

DJR210
01-21-2015, 04:56 PM
thanks fellas. that's what I thought.

sticking with my 4 year old plasma :tu

Plasma is where it's at tbh, until AMOLED (same tech on Galaxy S line of phones) becomes standard on LCD. I want a 42" plasma for gaming but I don't think they make them at that size with 1080p anymore.

Darius McCrary
01-22-2015, 12:49 AM

Do giant screens and 3 dimensions mean you just watch cool camera stuff and not get annoyed by Sandra whining like a dumb stupid bitch for an hour straight

Does it make you ignore how incredibly cliche Clooney is in this movie, how his every line is literally something he could have said in any of his other shitty movies? (Besides from dusk til dawn)

Does it correct the fallacy of how some dumb bitch distraught over her son's death was allowed to change careers to become an astronaut over the 1000's of other non-dumbasses begging to go to space?

Darius McCrary
01-22-2015, 12:52 AM
The movie was hyped up to be far far far more than just eye candy for IMAX.

Overrated piece of crap

HI-FI
01-22-2015, 01:14 AM
never saw it in IMAX but did see it in 3D theatrically, really dug it. it's pure cinema in a lot of ways which is what I prefer. Cuaron's Children of Men is the better film but I have no serious complaints about Gravity.

mah nig gets it. iirc I was blazed the day before I saw it.

hater
01-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Do giant screens and 3 dimensions mean you just watch cool camera stuff and not get annoyed by Sandra whining like a dumb stupid bitch for an hour straight

Does it make you ignore how incredibly cliche Clooney is in this movie, how his every line is literally something he could have said in any of his other shitty movies? (Besides from dusk til dawn)

Does it correct the fallacy of how some dumb bitch distraught over her son's death was allowed to change careers to become an astronaut over the 1000's of other non-dumbasses begging to go to space?

yup pretty much. Didn't notice any of that the 2 times I saw it in the theatre. Too busy admiring space

and regarding the "fallacy" look up Christa Mcauliffe

hater
01-22-2015, 10:50 AM

mahberraco.jpeg

Darius McCrary
01-22-2015, 02:34 PM
yup pretty much. Didn't notice any of that the 2 times I saw it in the theatre. Too busy admiring space

and regarding the "fallacy" look up Christa Mcauliffe

Interstellar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lego movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Good burger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gravity

~O~
01-22-2015, 02:42 PM
never saw it in IMAX but did see it in 3D theatrically, really dug it. it's pure cinema in a lot of ways which is what I prefer. Cuaron's Children of Men is the better film but I have no serious complaints about Gravity.

Children of men was excellent. This scene was amazing acting. The emotional spectrums just breaks the ceilings. From having fun to absolute horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfBSncUspBk

Sorry to spoil it if you haven't seen it.

hater
01-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Interstellar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lego movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Good burger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gravity

:lol feeling strongly about it

jeebus
01-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Good burger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lego movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Speed 2: Cruise Control >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Intersteallar> Gravity

FIFY

ChumpDumper
01-23-2015, 12:55 PM
I probably would have liked Interstellar a bit less had I not seen it in glorious real film IMAX -- the last movie shown that way in Austin :cry.

I definitely would've liked Gravity a lot less had I not watched it in 3D.