PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Jaric and Wilcox for Gooden

Kori Ellis
07-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Reports out of Cleveland Friday night are indicating that Los Angeles Clippers restricted free agent Marko Jaric, along with forward Chris Wilcox, will be dealt to the Cavaliers in exchange for power forward Drew Gooden and possibly another player. Gooden, who has been in the midst of a whirlwind of trade talks for the past month, was the subject of rumors regarding the Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks. Cleveland, in need of a point guard to round out a grand slam offseason, initially targeted Lithuania’s Sarunas Jasikevicius, with whom many sources believed they had a deal done with. However, talks came out this past week that the Cavs had brought in Jaric and his agent for a visit. Had a deal been done with Jasikevicius or had the Cavs been convinced that he was their point guard for next year, then the Jaric talks would have never been initiated. Not only that, but several sources told me earlier this week that general manager Danny Ferry was, in fact, trying to target one of Dallas’ two young and richly-talented point guards in exchange for Gooden, the most expendable player on the roster.

http://cavaliers.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=121

Apparently this rumor has some legs and has been reported as fact on some news outlets.

sickdsm
07-23-2005, 10:02 AM
You just beat me by a couple minutes, i posted this in the other forum. I think that's a great deal for Cleveland. I mean, the wanted Jaric too but Wilcox is a solid, solid throw in. Sarunas sounds like he'll be a jazz.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 10:04 AM
When the Clippers do a sign and trade, you know they want somebody.

But Gooden? He's not going to give you much more than Wilcox for the time he's going to play. If the other player from Cleveland is Newble or Pavlovic, the Clips can do much better.

benjirh
07-23-2005, 10:30 AM
This trade is amazing for Cle. I think Wilcox will be a better fit than Gooden and Jaric can easily cover the PG spot with Snow. I don't quite understand it for the Clippers. It will be interesting to see who the other player is.

Spurologist
07-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Damn. Might as well give the GM of the year award out early as in now.

Cavs the point they want in Jaric (Surunas still possibility) and get chris wilcox. I absolutely loved his game in Maryland. I watched almost all of the team. He is very athletic, good rebounder, efficient scorer, and can mold into a good nba defender. Cleveland gets rid of a headcase for an up and coming player that I think will be better than Gooden AND they get Jaric. WOW.

benjirh
07-23-2005, 12:42 PM
This is curious to me, because I just read that Jaric's visit to Cleveland had been postponed until this coming monday. So did they really make this trade before they had him in? I just haven't seen anything else about it either. Where have people been hearing about this from. I heard it at Realgm.com from a Cleveland tv station. Anyone else have a more reliable source?

ALVAREZ6
07-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow. Cleveland is really gettin good..

ducks
07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow. Cleveland is really gettin good..

did we not say the same thing to the lakers :lol

dunkman
07-23-2005, 05:22 PM
With Jaric and Snow at PG, it's not probable they will sign Jasikevicius too. Sarunas will go to Utah or Indiana.

DON VITO
07-23-2005, 07:30 PM
DAMN!!!! WILCOX is fucking so much better than Gooden. I think of Jaric as the throw in more than Gooden. Damn this would be an awesome trade for the Cavs...look at the numbers Wilcox put up early in the season.

Russ
07-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Clippers should do this. Jaric is a mid-level backup point at best. Wilcox is a serviceable forward.

Gooden is better than both of 'em.

Clippers should do this deal. Therefore, they won't.

dunkman
07-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Gooden should be a solid sixth man with for the Clippers.

The Cavs get Jaric, who is a better choice than Jasikevicius because is NBA proven. I have hopes that after three years he hasnt already been clipperized for life. And Wilcox on a rookie contract is a great plus.

Jaric / Snow
Hughes / Newble
James / Pavlovic
Marshall / Wilcox
Igauskas

It's not a bad roster. Their perimetral defense with Snow, Hughes and Jaric should be excelent, but their interior defense is not good for a deep playoffs run.

Bruno
07-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Gooden should be a solid sixth man with for the Clippers.

The Cavs get Jaric, who is a better choice than Jasikevicius because is NBA proven. I have hopes that after three years he hasnt already been clipperized for life. And Wilcox on a rookie contract is a great plus.

Jaric / Snow
Hughes / Newble
James / Pavlovic
Marshall / Wilcox
Igauskas

It's not a bad roster. Their perimetral defense with Snow, Hughes and Jaric should be excelent, but their interior defense is not good for a deep playoffs run.

Don't forget Varejao who has had a great rookie season despite some injuries.

Mr. Body
07-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Nice team for Cleveland but almost every starter is injury prone. Good thing they have backups.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Jasikevicius? Jaric? Someone Else? I Give Up
Filed under: Rumor Mill— Amar Panchmatia @ 10:53 pm

Who is going to be the point guard for your Cleveland Cavaliers next year? At this point, your guess is as good as mine.

Heck, I doubt even general manager Danny Ferry knows at this point.

One NBA source told me today that the deal with the Clippers is as good as done, and that it will be announced before the player moratorium is lifted this Thursday evening. Another is saying that the Cavs have upped their offer to Lithuania’s Sarunas Jasikevicius, raising it to a four year, $14.6 million offer. A web report circulating earlier today confirmed this latter source, although some media outlets are reporting that the Jasikevicius is leaning towards joining the Utah Jazz.

From Lietuvos Krepsinis, a Lithuanian basketball site:

“Sarunas Jasikevicius has agreed to a deal. He is currently in Lithuania with teammate Zydrunas Ilgauskas, but him and Danny Ferry have agreed. Zydrunas is the main choice of Cleveland. He will wear #13 and the Cavs are still interested in Marco Jaric that could include a sign and trade deal with Gooden. Jasikevicius is going to have an interview when he arrives in Cleveland on Tuesday.”

Source: LT TV

I have no idea how credible that site is. Heck, I don’t know if anything surrounding Jasikevicius is credible. Make up your mind already, man! You’re not Magic Johnson, you’re not Steve Nash, and if you join the Cavs, you may be the fifth best of the five starters! Enough drama!!!

No word on the Drew Gooden-to-Dallas front. Talks may pick up after the moratorium if neither Jaric nor Jasikevicius has a deal in place here, but after enjoying a great offseason so far, Cleveland can’t start taking risks. With a player as erratic as Gooden, he may have enjoyed his best season possible this past season, or his best may still be yet to come. Nobody knows. If the Cavaliers are dangling Gooden to other teams, they better make sure that it’s a good deal. Despite the previous moves made this summer, a trade involving Gooden could either further solidify or break the entire offseason.

http://cavaliers.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=122

ducks
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Jasikevicius might just stay over seas

Sandman52
07-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Most reports from my Cavs' buddies are now stating that the Jaric/Wilcox for Gooden is totally false.