PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: big up to beverly

RsxPiimp
10-06-2013, 08:41 AM
http://youtu.be/6ZNuAbQ6PJ4

man, i love players like this. no name, blue collar players that gives 100% all the time. i wish the league would allow players to D up stars like this.

SpurSwag
10-06-2013, 01:53 PM
This is really impressive actually, I love players with a motor like this

RsxPiimp
10-06-2013, 02:05 PM
This is really impressive actually, I love players with a motor like this

impressive right? the league should be all about players like this. i understand its a corporation and they have to make their sponsors happy but somehwere along the road, the true art of basketball is lost. smh.

DPG21920
10-06-2013, 03:05 PM
impressive right? the league should be all about players like this. i understand its a corporation and they have to make their sponsors happy but somehwere along the road, the true art of basketball is lost. smh.

Yes, when the league gives Kobe Bryant all defensive team awards, it is killing the league.

D-Wade
10-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Good shit ... Jrue got owned

DMC
10-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Meh, these preseason games are like exhibitions to those who made the AS game last year. Beverly has a chip on his shoulder, but he'll get into foul trouble during the regular season with moves like that. They look good though when they work, otherwise it's just a bad gamble.

racm
10-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Lakerfan will hate Beverley's guts once he injures Kirby, tbh.

Rogue
10-06-2013, 08:42 PM
TBH dude's foul didn't look too brutal and Westchuck just got shitty luck at the moment to pick up such a serious injury imho. You see such fouls all the time in playoffs imho. plus WC continued to play the rest of game with the injury which definitely aggravated it imho.

thunderup
10-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I hate this scrub. He's that type of faggot you find at the park that talks shit and plays prison rules yet has no game whatsoever. Just there to create unsportsmanlike competition.

Clipper Nation
10-06-2013, 11:53 PM
I like Beverley, dude plays hard, tbh....

thunderup
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
I like Beverley, dude plays hard, tbh....
Just wait till he plays overly rough with CP3 causing frustration and perhaps even a minor injury. It seems like this scrub likes to show up vastly more talented players than him.

Clipper Nation
10-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Just wait till he plays overly rough with CP3 causing frustration and perhaps even a minor injury.
You'd be on here screaming "FLOPPPP!!! FLOPPP!!!" if that happens, tbh :lol

AchillesHeel
10-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Beverly is a decent player, tbh. Hustles and doesn't give up on plays.

Indazone
10-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Reminds me of Bruce Bowen.

And then, here's this comment by ex Rockets Guard Calvin Murphy.

“During my playing time, you’d punch Beverley in the face,” said Calvin Murphy in the postgame. “You can’t have him taking the ball from you in front of your mama and your wife.”

Raven
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM
i like him more very day, if only he'd be decent on O...

RsxPiimp
10-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Reminds me of Bruce Bowen.

And then, here's this comment by ex Rockets Guard Calvin Murphy.

“During my playing time, you’d punch Beverley in the face,” said Calvin Murphy in the postgame. “You can’t have him taking the ball from you in front of your mama and your wife.”

Reminds me of how pesky prime bogues was. He was really irritating like Beverley during his heyday.

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
beverly got stripped clean tho

Rogue
10-07-2013, 10:53 PM
beverly never intended to hurt anyone though, he was just trying to steal the ball imho. and the injury at the scene didn't look that serious at all, and WC even continued to play after picking up the injury. Kobe landed on someone's foot which resulted in a torn achilles but you never heard him or any laker fan whining about it, about the player who allegedly "inflicted" the injury on Kobe. OKC are just a shitty franchise with shitty fans, imho.

thunderup
10-08-2013, 01:09 AM
beverly never intended to hurt anyone though, he was just trying to steal the ball imho. and the injury at the scene didn't look that serious at all, and WC even continued to play after picking up the injury. Kobe landed on someone's foot which resulted in a torn achilles but you never heard him or any laker fan whining about it, about the player who allegedly "inflicted" the injury on Kobe. OKC are just a shitty franchise with shitty fans, imho.
Fuck you

TDMVPDPOY
10-08-2013, 01:48 AM
isnt he playing for a contract? his got nothing to lose

Rogue
10-09-2013, 05:53 AM
beverly didn't force WC to continue to play only to make the injury even worse. WC should've subdued his ego and left the game in a wheelchair, going to the hospital for the right treatment and returning to the game in a week or so. Maybe he would've missed 1 or 2 games in the 2nd round but would've returned just in time to rescue his team from an embarrassing defeat at the fat hands of Marc & Z-bo, like what it actually happened the past summer.

AchillesHeel
10-09-2013, 10:07 AM

Kirby didn't land on anyone's foot, there was no contact when he tore his achilles. He did bang knees with Harrison Barnes earlier in the game, but it had nothing to do with a torn achilles.

That foul on Kirby was also bullshit, the injury was bad, but it had nothing to do with Barnes, Achilles is a freak injury, Kirby did what he usually does but he tore it, pretty similar to what happened to Nique(only that Kirby tore his while trying to drive, nique just caught the ball, both injures had 0 contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxLEZ-s8AHg

Captivus
10-09-2013, 10:23 AM
He also injured Tyreke Evans....

ambchang
10-09-2013, 10:42 AM

He didn't step on anything other than the floor. Doesn't matter, Kobe lost the ball, got D'd up well, an opposing player is within 5 feet of him, so you call a foul.

JTKfC7Pjicw

That's the way you finish #4 on the all-time scoring list despite missing the most FGs in the history of the league, by shooting a hell lot of FTs that you don't deserve.

:lol at Kobe being the only guard to finish top 5 in FTA.

AchillesHeel
10-09-2013, 11:00 AM
He didn't step on anything other than the floor. Doesn't matter, Kobe lost the ball, got D'd up well, an opposing player is within 5 feet of him, so you call a foul.

JTKfC7Pjicw

That's the way you finish #4 on the all-time scoring list despite missing the most FGs in the history of the league, by shooting a hell lot of FTs that you don't deserve.

:lol at Kobe being the only guard to finish top 5 in FTA.

Top 5 FTA this season or career? Career-wise he's there because of his longetivity, tbh. MJ has a higher career FTA per game. Not trying to defend Kirby.

OKC
10-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what Beverly did. You could make the case that it was unnecessary given the fact RW was clearly just trotting over to call timeout, but I seriously doubt Beverly had any ill intentions in terms of causing injury. I guess what it boils down to is maybe point guards should be more aware of their defender rather than trotting over to the sidelines under the assumption that the defender isn't going to contest what they're doing. Beverly took him completely off guard.

ambchang
10-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Top 5 FTA this season or career? Career-wise he's there because of his longetivity, tbh. MJ has a higher career FTA per game. Not trying to defend Kirby.

For the career. He was there for long, but he also has less FGs than Jordan. Jordan launches more, shoots more FTs.

On a similar path, of the top 16 (there are 8 games tied at 9) FT shooting games in NBA history, Kobe is in two of them. Dwight has two, Shaq has three, but these five are all hack-a-whoever tactics variety. Nobody else has more than one.

Of the top 29 (there are 6 games tied at 24) games, Kobe has five. Shaq still only has 3, Dwight still only has two, Gilbert Arenas has three, Barkley has two, nobody else has more than one. Even AI, a high volume shooter who drives the lane constantly, only has one game.

Spur-Addict
10-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the Southwest division LOL

AchillesHeel
10-09-2013, 11:49 AM
For the career. He was there for long, but he also has less FGs than Jordan. Jordan launches more, shoots more FTs.

On a similar path, of the top 16 (there are 8 games tied at 9) FT shooting games in NBA history, Kobe is in two of them. Dwight has two, Shaq has three, but these five are all hack-a-whoever tactics variety. Nobody else has more than one.

Of the top 29 (there are 6 games tied at 24) games, Kobe has five. Shaq still only has 3, Dwight still only has two, Gilbert Arenas has three, Barkley has two, nobody else has more than one. Even AI, a high volume shooter who drives the lane constantly, only has one game.

You have a point there.

Clipper Nation
10-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Ambchang bringing the goods per par.... stats continuing to show that Kirby is not just dependent on generational front courts but also on Stern food stamps :lol

ace3g
10-09-2013, 05:47 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a1d7b9e2e25797bdc46be17d9f83fbdd/tumblr_muddozFqup1ruj0bpo1_1280.jpg

Holden_Caulfield
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a1d7b9e2e25797bdc46be17d9f83fbdd/tumblr_muddozFqup1ruj0bpo1_1280.jpg
lol the fuck kind of ride is that :lol

td4mvp2k
10-10-2013, 12:10 AM
I hate this scrub. He's that type of faggot you find at the park that talks shit and plays prison rules yet has no game whatsoever. Just there to create unsportsmanlike competition.keep off da courts den muthafuka if u cant take it :lol

Michael Jordan.
10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
I hate this scrub. He's that type of faggot you find at the park that talks shit and plays prison rules yet has no game whatsoever. Just there to create unsportsmanlike competition.

You're the type of faggot that calls your own fouls in a pickup game trying to get free throws

thunderup
10-10-2013, 04:53 PM
You're the type of faggot that calls your own fouls in a pickup game trying to get free throws

Considering the fact that you're defending a scrub. It's safe to say you're not only a faggot. You're also a scrub at the game so you can relate.

:lol male secretary
:lol basketball scrub

thunderup
10-10-2013, 05:01 PM
keep off da courts den muthafuka if u cant take it :lol

Shut up faggot

Arnold Toht
10-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Thank god for Beverly is right. Or else 6 wouldn't have happened.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Anyone else think Kobe faked his injury because he knew there was no way in hell that they were going to beat the Spurs? Just seems like a convenient injury to me.

Michael Jordan.
10-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Considering the fact that you're defending a scrub. It's safe to say you're not only a faggot. You're also a scrub at the game so you can relate.

:lol basketball scrub
:lol Still pissed Beverley took out the monkey
:lol Monkey still gonna monkey

thunderup
10-10-2013, 07:00 PM
:lol Still pissed Beverley took out the monkey
:lol Monkey still gonna monkey

:lol scrub poster
:lol posting from a troll account like a pussy
:lol Rockets being a 2nd to 3rd tier team in the West

Michael Jordan.
10-10-2013, 07:56 PM

:lol Thundercuck
:lol Westbrook doing the exact same thing to Lin
:lol only having a team because of Katrina
:lol Not surprised basketball is foreign to you
:lol meth curriculum from K-12

Rogue
10-10-2013, 10:16 PM
:lol snitching on a badass nigga
:lol drafted after Oden
:lol domestic terrorism

Clipper Nation
10-10-2013, 10:29 PM
:lol Thunderefs
:lol FEMA handout team

td4mvp2k
10-10-2013, 10:54 PM
:lol only having a team because of Katrina:lol @ da trufh bom

thunderup
10-11-2013, 01:36 AM
:lol Thundercuck
:lol Westbrook doing the exact same thing to Lin
:lol Not surprised basketball is foreign to you
:lol meth curriculum from K-12
:lol short male secretary that can't ball
:lol Houston
:lol ghetto vile USA
:lol can't post from your real account

:lol snitching on a badass nigga
:lol drafted after Oden
:lol domestic terrorism
:lol 5'7
:lol short
:lol celeb fantasies

:lol Thunderefs
:lol FEMA handout team
:lol you being obsessed with everything thunder related
:lol OKC clowning you in the other thread
:lol Clippers
:lol claiming titles won in the last century as if your team carries the banners
:lol your takes
:lol purposely critiquing yourself and your team in every sub forum to appeal to other posters