PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Black QB Report Card

Chief Brody
10-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Well folks, we saw a noticeable rise in monkeyballing this week with jigs reverting to their jungle instincts--with devastating and predictable consequences. Let's start out with some painful reality...

E.J. Manuel - 11/20, 129 yds. Hackett hasn't taken the training wheels off yet, so EJ has been more of a game manager than anything. That all changed when he scrambled for a first down--and instead of just stepping out of bounds, he needlessly stays in and gets popped in the knee. Very African of him, and unfortunately a harbinger of things to come. Grade: D

Michael Vick - 6/14, 105 yds. Another monkeyball casualty, pulling a hammy while scrambling for a first down. To add insult to injury, Nick Foles came in and rallied the Eagles for a crucial division win, giving them a share of the NFC East lead. Foles was excellent from the pocket, throwing 2 beautiful TDs and putting a halt to what was a sure-fire 4 game losing streak. Grade: F

Josh Freeman - Fired on his day off. Grade: F

Russell Wilson - 15/31, 210 yds, 2 td, 1 int. 1 fumble. Monkeyball advocates will look at his 102 rushing yards, but conveniently ignore his sub-50% passing and 2 costly turnovers. Grade: C-

Cornbread Griffin III - Bye week, N/A.

Cum Newton - 21/39, 308 yds, 0 tds, 3 ints, 1 fumble. Unfortunately for the Panthers, with Newton's career trajectory they don't have the luxury of waiting 10 years for that kid from the Play 60 commercial to develop. He's still the same, sulking loser he's been since day one. Grade: F

Colin Kaepernick - 6/15, 113 yds, 1 td, 0 int. Man has this guy hit the skids or what? Of those impressive 113 yards, 64 came on a Vernon Davis TD--so he had 49 yds passing outside of that--holy hell I don't care how bad you're beating a team, you should have more than that. He's been figured out, now it's only a matter of time before they have him sacrificing his body again to pick up the offensive slack. Grade: D

Terrelle Pryor - 18/23, 221 yds, 2 tds, 0 ints. It's pretty bad when this guy is far and away your top performer of the week. He played very well despite taking some stupid sacks. He's a tried and true ape, but he gets points for revitalizing the corpse across the bay. Grade: A-

Geno Smith - Stay Tuned.

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 01:45 PM
:lmao:rollin:lmao

chunticakes
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
jesuschristthelord with the goods. beautiful write up.

and here i am counting on geno smith to negate the atlanta d and matt bryant some points tonight. prognosis looks dark tbh...no pun intended.

Avante
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
The number one HS team in the nation Booker T Washington out of Florida has a black dual threat QB.

Ohio State
Notre Dame...injured
UCLA
Washington
Clemson
FSU...and this kid has to be seen to be believed, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Louisville
Miami

..all with black QB's.

The first two QB taken in last seasons draft...black.

The first QB taken in next seasons draft will be black.

The two best teams in the NFC have black QB's.

For every black QB's who sucks we have three white ones who suck.

Jets dump the Mexican bring in the black guy.

Raiders dump the old white cat bring in the mobile QB.

When has Buffalo had a QB since Kelly?

Seattle has never had a better QB.

RGIII does have me concerned.

Kaepernick lost his go to guy.

Freeman might win the Vikes job.

Yep, Newton sucks, I do think the limelight/endoresments went to his head.

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2013, 02:11 PM
for those not keeping track, the best team in the NFC has a white QB

Holden_Caulfield
10-07-2013, 02:14 PM
thad lewis gonna shit on these niggas :lol

Chief Brody
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
jesuschristthelord with the goods. beautiful write up.

and here i am counting on geno smith to negate the atlanta d and matt bryant some points tonight. prognosis looks dark tbh...no pun intended.
best of luck, though I share your prognosis.

:lolGood ol' Bills...signing a jig from the practice squad to start against Cincy's ferocious front-7. This will end well.

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
The number one HS team in the nation Booker T Washington out of Florida has a black dual threat QB.

Ohio State
Notre Dame...injured
UCLA
Washington
Clemson
FSU...and this kid has to be seen to be believed, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Louisville
Miami

..all with black QB's.

The first two QB taken in last seasons draft...black.

The first QB taken in next seasons draft will be black.

For every black QB's who sucks we have three white ones who suck.

Jets dump the Mexican bring in the black guy.

Raiders dump the old white cat bring in the mobile QB.

When has Buffalo had a QB since Kelly?

Seattle has never had a better QB.

RGIII does have me concerned.

Kaepernick lost his go to guy.

Freeman might win the Vikes job.

Yep, Newton sucks, I do think the limelight/endoresments went to his head.
nobody is discounting the ability of running qb's to dominate lower levels of football

Avante
10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
nobody is discounting the ability of running qb's to dominate lower levels of football

Warren Moon is in the Hall of Fame, Doug Williams won a Superbowl, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair and Kaepernick played in a Superbowl. Russell Wilson tied the rookie TD record. And there aren't all that many starting black QB's in the NFL compared to white ones.

Chief Brody
10-07-2013, 02:40 PM
And there aren't all that many starting black QB's in the NFL compared to white ones.
For a reason.

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Warren Moon is in the Hall of Fame, Doug Williams won a Superbowl, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair and Kaepernick played in a Superbowl. Russell Wilson tied the rookie TD record. And there aren't all that many starting black QB's in the NFL compared to white ones.
the numbers avante. the numbers. good black qb's have been very few and very far in between. so to list 20 high school/college qb's isn't impressing anybody as to "the future of the black qb"

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 02:48 PM

:lol

He's going to shit himself going up against that Bengals defense.

Holden_Caulfield
10-07-2013, 02:49 PM

i predict he ends up having a better qbr than tom fucking brady and they score more than 6 points :rollin

Darth_Pelican
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM

Drew Brees is black?

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 02:53 PM
i predict he ends up having a better qbr than tom fucking brady and they score more than 6 points :rollin

:lol That is a distinct possibility as he will probably run for 50 or so yards LOL I'm guessing around 9-10 points. Guy has a cannon for an arm, and can run like a RB. His accuracy looks for shit though.

Avante
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
For a reason.

But as we can see that is changing, why?

Avante
10-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Drew Brees is black?

Are the Chiefs the best AFC team?

Chief Brody
10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
But as we can see that is changing, why?
You're confusing trendiness with evolution.

Chief Brody
10-07-2013, 02:59 PM
No, the Broncos are...and they have the best QB in the NFL (except maybe for Aaron Rodgers)

Holden_Caulfield
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
:lol That is a distinct possibility as he will probably run for 50 or so yards LOL I'm guessing around 9-10 points. Guy has a cannon for an arm, and can run like a RB. His accuracy looks for shit though.
well this is a black qb thread and thats all they do :lmao:lmao. hopefully my boy teddy bridgewater unleashes the emancipation proclamation on the monkeyballing trend :rollin:lol

Darth_Pelican
10-07-2013, 03:01 PM

The Saints have a Drew Brees/Sean Payton led offense, their defense has given up less points than both Seattle and San Francisco, and they are the only remaining NFC undefeated team. Why do you put a 2 loss 49ers team and a 1 loss Seattle team, both with young QB's ahead of them at this point?

Chief Brody
10-07-2013, 03:02 PM
The Saints have a Drew Brees/Sean Payton led offense, their defense has given up less points than both Seattle and San Francisco, and they are the only remaining NFC undefeated team. Why do you put a 2 loss 49ers team and a 1 loss Seattle team, both with young QB's ahead of them at this point?
Not sure if the defense as a whole has staying power, but that pass rush is the truth.

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:06 PM
You're confusing trendiness with evolution.

The bottom line is that teams want a guy who has escapibilty and can extend a play, enter ...the athlete.

Darth_Pelican
10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Not sure if the defense as a whole has staying power, but that pass rush is the truth.

They will probably fall off a bit. They haven't given up more than 18 points in any single game this year, which is insane. I'm just wondering on what criteria Avante is basing his statement that the 2 best teams in the NFC have black QB's when so far this season, the Saints have a better D than both of them and are miles ahead of them with offensive talent, and have a better record.

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:09 PM

The Seahwaks and Niners have played each other.

Seahawks on the road vs Houston/Indy.

Niners vs Packers, Indy.

The Saints have played a weaker schedule.

But, I;m no them they will win that division and be a force.

jeebus
10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Well folks, we saw a noticeable rise in monkeyballing this week with jigs reverting to their jungle instincts--with devastating and predictable consequences. Let's start out with some painful reality...

E.J. Manuel - 11/20, 129 yds. Hackett hasn't taken the training wheels off yet, so EJ has been more of a game manager than anything. That all changed when he scrambled for a first down--and instead of just stepping out of bounds, he needlessly stays in and gets popped in the knee. Very African of him, and unfortunately a harbinger of things to come. Grade: D

Michael Vick - 6/14, 105 yds. Another monkeyball casualty, pulling a hammy while scrambling for a first down. To add insult to injury, Nick Foles came in and rallied the Eagles for a crucial division win, giving them a share of the NFC East lead. Foles was excellent from the pocket, throwing 2 beautiful TDs and putting a halt to what was a sure-fire 4 game losing streak. Grade: F

Josh Freeman - Fired on his day off. Grade: F

Russell Wilson - 15/31, 210 yds, 2 td, 1 int. 1 fumble. Monkeyball advocates will look at his 102 rushing yards, but conveniently ignore his sub-50% passing and 2 costly turnovers. Grade: C-

Cornbread Griffin III - Bye week, N/A.

Cum Newton - 21/39, 308 yds, 0 tds, 3 ints, 1 fumble. Unfortunately for the Panthers, with Newton's career trajectory they don't have the luxury of waiting 10 years for that kid from the Play 60 commercial to develop. He's still the same, sulking loser he's been since day one. Grade: F

Colin Kaepernick - 6/15, 113 yds, 1 td, 0 int. Man has this guy hit the skids or what? Of those impressive 113 yards, 64 came on a Vernon Davis TD--so he had 49 yds passing outside of that--holy hell I don't care how bad you're beating a team, you should have more than that. He's been figured out, now it's only a matter of time before they have him sacrificing his body again to pick up the offensive slack. Grade: D

Terrelle Pryor - 18/23, 221 yds, 2 tds, 0 ints. It's pretty bad when this guy is far and away your top performer of the week. He played very well despite taking some stupid sacks. He's a tried and true ape, but he gets points for revitalizing the corpse across the bay. Grade: A-

Geno Smith - Stay Tuned.
Great write up. After the semen storm last year from all the ciclejerking about CBKnee and Kaeperchimp, this is a nice change of pace and a return to the norm.

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
:lmao So many truth bombs in this write up by OP. Great work.

Pelicans78
10-07-2013, 03:50 PM
The Seahwaks and Niners have played each other.

Seahawks on the road vs Houston/Indy.

Niners vs Packers, Indy.

The Saints have played a weaker schedule.

But, I;m no them they will win that division and be a force.

The Dolphins won at Indy. If the Niners would have done what they were supposed to do and beat the Colts at home, the Colts would be 3-2 instead of 4-1. The Dolphins, Bears, and Cards would be 4-1 if not for the Saints. The Falcons are as good as the Texans. The Saints schedule hasn't been any weaker. That's a myth on your part. Plus the defense has been better overall this season compared to what the Niners and Seahawks have done. The Seahawks defense was getting abused by Schaub and struggled against the Colts. The Saints held a really good Bears offense in check at Chicago.

J.T.
10-07-2013, 07:38 PM
The best part about Wilson's 2 turnovers and the Seahawks losing the game is the way the Colts threw at Sherman and Browner all game and Hilton and Wayne busted their shit wide open, specifically Hilton. We all know Wilson is only good because he plays on a stacked team and Luck went right after two of the reasons people call that team stacked and beat them.

JoeTait75
10-07-2013, 07:41 PM

He started for the Browns in last year's finale against Pittsburgh and did okay. He didn't win the game or do anything spectacular but he didn't look overwhelmed, either. He's better than Jeff Tuel, that's for certain.

BRHornet45
10-07-2013, 09:56 PM
sons are we becoming so politically correct in this country that NFL teams are pressured to buy into the media hype and agenda with black quarterbacks? it's obviously a failed experiment and hurts your team.

there is way too much money involved to dick around with a quarterback you know damn well won't win it all. this affirmative action needs to stop.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 09:57 PM
He started for the Browns in last year's finale against Pittsburgh and did okay. He didn't win the game or do anything spectacular but he didn't look overwhelmed, either. He's better than Jeff Tuel, that's for certain.

I am unfamiliar with his ability, that I will not deny. I did a little internet research, but that certainly doesn't lend itself to the definition of a player. How would you grade him in comparison to E.J Manuel?

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 09:59 PM
even Pryor? :depressed

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2013, 09:59 PM
sons are we becoming so politically correct in this country that NFL teams are pressured to buy into the media hype and agenda with black quarterbacks? it's obviously a failed experiment and hurts your team.

there is way too much money involved to dick around with a quarterback you know damn well won't win it all. this affirmative action needs to stop.
Testify, my brotha! Testify!

Mayhem321
10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Geno is shitting in the white boy though...

Mayhem321
10-07-2013, 10:11 PM
oops, I think I said it too soon

BRHornet45
10-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Geno won't do shit when it counts.

although I'm cheering for him tonight.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:23 PM
LOL @ Colt fan deep throating Luck. Russell is out there minus 3 starting offensive lineman, one of which is a pro bowl left tackle. Another is an all pro center. And the third, just the right tackle. In their places is a rookie drafted in the 7th round LOL, Paul McQuistan and Lemuel Jeanpierre who only had 5 total starts before this season LOL. Russ is out there making a lot of plays himself.

Not to mention we're minus our number one receiver who hasn't played a snap this season (Who is doing running drills as of last week :stirpot:). With clear superior wide outs he barely passed for more yards than Wilson. Sad really.

This loss although annoying, is good for this team. Some war wounds are good going into the latter half of the season. Percy is going to open this offense wide open, and we'll probably average over 30 a game.

Phillip
10-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Geno with the goods

Mayhem321
10-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Good winning drive, Geno. Brother representing

Pelicans78
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
LOL @ Colt fan deep throating Luck. Russell is out there minus 3 starting offensive lineman, one of which is a pro bowl left tackle. Another is an all pro center. And the third, just the right tackle. In their places is a rookie drafted in the 7th round LOL, Paul McQuistan and Lemuel Jeanpierre who only had 5 total starts before this season LOL. Russ is out there making a lot of plays himself.

Not to mention we're minus our number one receiver who hasn't played a snap this season (Who is doing running drills as of last week :stirpot:). With clear superior wide outs he barely passed for more yards than Wilson. Sad really.

This loss although annoying, is good for this team. Some war wounds are good going into the latter half of the season. Percy is going to open this offense wide open, and we'll probably average over 30 a game.

:lol Using injuries as an excuse.

DeadlyDynasty
I'll give Geno and A for this game, despite his horrible pocket presence. If we graded on a curve then this report guard might look good but alas, I don't make the rules

resistanze
Geno won't do shit when it counts.

http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/images/lists/hip-hop-gifs/6-Scarface-Wink.gif

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Good winning drive, Geno. Brother representing
Hi there, welcome to the NFL Forum. Now go back the way you came.

resistanze
10-07-2013, 10:38 PM
^^ :lol

Creepn
10-07-2013, 10:40 PM
http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/images/lists/hip-hop-gifs/6-Scarface-Wink.gif

:lmao

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM
:lol Using injuries as an excuse.

True. They won, that's the bottom line LOL Don't get so giddy as your boys must take the trip to Century Link :makemyday

Floyd Pacquiao
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM
just gotta get more tape on smith. game managing faggot wont be shit by week 12.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
just gotta get more tape on smith. game managing faggot wont be shit by week 12.

Managed det game winning drive tbh :lol

Creepn
10-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Awwwww shit, "The Tape". Black man's kryptonite tbh.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Managed det game winning drive tbh :lol
yea throwing 5 yard slants and bubble screens like a little bitch. his recivers did most of the work after the catch.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
yea throwing 5 yard slants and bubble screens like a little bitch. his recivers did most of the work after the catch.

LOL Game. Winning. Drive. Did I mention that was a game winning drive? LOL

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Let them have their moment. We all know it's fleeting. Look at Cum Newton, Josh Freeman, et al. Junglery will only get you so far.

Pelicans78
True. They won, that's the bottom line LOL Don't get so giddy as your boys must take the trip to Century Link :makemyday

Just hope they don't lose too many more games between now and then if you want it to be a meaningful game for your team.

Clipper Nation

Keep in mind he's doing this with a suck-ass team, tbh.... can't really call Geno a game manager with results like this....

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 10:51 PM
LOL Game. Winning. Drive. Did I mention that was a game winning drive? LOL
he's a Romo fan. he wouldn't understand :lol

Creepn
10-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Let them have their moment. We all know it's fleeting. Look at Cum Newton, Josh Freeman, et al. Junglery will only get you so far.

Wasn't fleeting last year. A season of dominance all the way to the superbowl baby!

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Wasn't fleeting last year. A season of dominance all the way to the superbowl baby!
Are you talking about half a season on a stacked team with a mixed breed QB who predictably couldn't pass for the winning score when needed? btw, how's he looking so far this year?

Creepn
10-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Are you talking about half a season on a stacked team with a mixed breed QB who predictably couldn't pass for the winning score when needed? btw, how's he looking so far this year?

He wasn't all I was talking about. Let's be honest though, Ray Lewis was throwing that football last year's superbowl.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Just hope they don't lose too many more games between now and then if you want it to be a meaningful game for your team.

Every game is meaningful. And N.O will always be a quality opponent with Brees at the helm. Our next six games are Titans, Cards, Rams, Bucs, Falcons, and the Jets. I know you guys have a rough four game stretch late in the season. Cowboys, Niners, Falcons, Seahawks. All in a row? Probably thinking 2-2 right? LOL

Floyd Pacquiao
10-07-2013, 10:58 PM
romo has 19 game wiining drives for his career. top 10 among active qb's

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2013, 10:59 PM
He wasn't all I was talking about. Let's be honest though, Ray Lewis was throwing that football last year's superbowl.
Yeah, the best statistical playoff run in NFL history (even surpassing Montana's 88 or 89) was actually thrown by their 40 y/old MLB.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 11:01 PM

:lmao Where's that Lopez Gif? LOL

Creepn
10-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, the best statistical playoff run in NFL history (even surpassing Montana's 88 or 89) was actually thrown by their 40 y/old MLB.
Happened because of Ray muthfuckn Lewis. You know this.

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2013, 11:03 PM

the M stands for Murder

Clipper Nation
10-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Lewis gave them the emotional/motivational advantage, but they don't win a game in the playoffs without Flacco putting together the most dominant postseason in NFL history and stepping up in the clutch, tbh....

That's not a knock on Ray Ray (one of my all-time favorite players), just a fact.... if you wanted to point out an instance of Ray Lewis winning a Super Bowl for a white quarterback, 2000 would have been the far better example....

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Unless Ray Lewis is the black Highlander who consumed the souls of his victims to increase his own power, then I'm inclined to disagree with you.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Russell has 7 and we're not even half way done with year 2 tbh

Holden_Caulfield
10-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Russell has 7 and we're not even half way done with year 2 tbh
geno has 3 and hes not halfway done with year 1 :lol

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 11:16 PM
terrelle pryor is so good his game winning drives come in the 2nd quarter tbh

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 11:19 PM

I wouldn't have guessed it tbh. Fuckin' Geno Smith :lol And to think they were 3 points short of the Pats

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 11:37 PM
you seriously want to have a Romo in the clutch discussion? :lmao

top 10 among active qb's huh?
Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Rivers, and Brees are the only active QB's with more games played than Romo

HI-FI
10-08-2013, 12:03 AM

QFT. every year there is a new black QB who is the talk of the town, the guy who is supposed to change everything. and after a year of media and Avante hype, parties in the champagne room, they get figured out and have a hard time adapting.

I also feel my half nig Kapernick doesn't belong on this list, at least if he's having a good game.

DeadlyDynasty
10-08-2013, 12:06 AM
I also feel my half nig Kapernick doesn't belong on this list, at least if he's having a good game.
Rest assured when his game picks up he'll be welcomed back into the fold.

HI-FI
10-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Rest assured when his game picks up he'll be welcomed back into the fold.

:toast

jimbo
10-08-2013, 01:17 AM
Geno Smith passer rating: 147.7
Tony Romo passer rating: 140
Terrell Pryor passer rating: 135.7
Peyton Manning passer rating: 129.6

Tbh, what can whitey even do right if he can't even top passer rating lists? Tony Romo's best game of his career and his passer rating is still lower than Geno Smith's.

actually wait, does Tony Romo count as white? Cause it looks to me like the top 3 passers are minorities. Beanerball and monkeyball.

spurraider21
10-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Is Terrelle Pryor the best pure monkeyballer in the NFL? :lol

jeebus
10-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Is Terrelle Pryor the best pure monkeyballer in the NFL? :lol
With Grandchimp Vick out, it's possible.