PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili Blatantly Disrespected By ESPN NBA RANK

Gino-Step
10-07-2013, 04:34 PM
#86? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Unreal. Why isn't Dirk in the 80's then? That dude is just as done. Same for Pau Gasol. What a joke.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9785334/2013-nba-player-rankings-81-90

Ranked below MONTE ELLIS? Wow.

look_at_g_shred
10-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Seems about right. I never take ESPN seriously tho! I mean they did air "the decision"

JsnSA
10-07-2013, 04:41 PM
If you were only to judge based off his performance last season and in the playoffs then 86 is not ridiculous. Hopefully Manu has a bounce back year because he was looking absolutely awful in stretches during last years playoffs.

SanDiegoSpursFan
10-07-2013, 04:43 PM
If you don't treat ESPN as a joke, you've already lost.

Leetonidas
10-07-2013, 04:45 PM
86 seems a little low, he's probably around the 45-55 range. This isn't prime Ginobili we're talking about here and after last season plus him getting another year older and revealing he was already contemplating retiring, it's not really surprising to see him ranked so low. Hope he proves them wrong.

Holden_Caulfield
10-07-2013, 04:47 PM
:lol getting butthurt by espn :lol

Leetonidas
10-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Holy shit he was ranked #25 last season and dropped 61 spots? :lol

RD2191
10-07-2013, 04:55 PM
That's fucking ludicrous, Manu is still at least a top 40 player in the NBA. I may of hated Manu for awhile after the Finals but ranking him 86 is retarded.

cd98
10-07-2013, 04:58 PM
He was subpar last year. Seemed to be in a funk all season long. Let him prove the doubters wrong this year, if he still can.

Spur-Addict
10-07-2013, 05:03 PM
This guy needs bulletin board material after that abomination we witnessed.

Juggity
10-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I agree with the ranking. He's about on par with Steve Nash.

That said, he'll improve this year.

Libri
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
In this day and age, what ESPN publishes should not surprise anybody.

lefty
10-07-2013, 06:36 PM
he should be lower tbh

elmanutres
10-07-2013, 06:42 PM
espn has been telling the spurs fuck you for years. im surprised some of you are still shocked by this

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm a Church of Manu disciple, but honestly, can you blame them? He was arguably Miami's MVP in the Finals.

I can't believe anyone is getting bent about this.

Mark in Austin
10-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm a Church of Manu disciple, but honestly, can you blame them? He was arguably Miami's MVP in the Finals.

+1.

ElNono
10-07-2013, 08:25 PM
You would have to respect ESPN forecasts to begin with to think anybody is getting disrespected, tbh...

Manu is either going to bounce back or solidify his #86 position in the ranking...

I'd still take him over Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin, especially on this team...

Texas_Ranger
10-07-2013, 08:27 PM
that's good, I expected him out of 100 tbh.

RD2191
10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
You would have to respect ESPN forecasts to begin with to think anybody is getting disrespected, tbh...

Manu is either going to bounce back or solidify his #86 position in the ranking...

I'd still take him over Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin, especially on this team...
Bull, tell us how you really feel. Let ESPN have it. Write a letter or something.

ElNono
10-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Bull, tell us how you really feel. Let ESPN have it. Write a letter or something.

After the 2 year/$14m extension was signed, I feel great. I pay no attention to the haters, tbh...

Brazil
10-07-2013, 08:31 PM
:lol blatantly

RD2191
10-07-2013, 08:32 PM
After the 2 year/$14m extension was signed, I feel great. I pay no attention to the haters, tbh...
:tu

ElNono
10-07-2013, 08:34 PM
:lol blatantly

:dramaquee

:lol

Brazil
10-07-2013, 08:38 PM
:dramaquee

:lol

:lol omg espn blatantly disrespected

Bruno
10-07-2013, 08:49 PM
:cry :cry :cry

You have to factor 2 things:
- First, these are projection for this season and the most likely scenario is that Ginobili won't be as good next season as he was this season.
- Second, the amount of minutes played count. Ginobili was 207th this year in minutes played during the regular season. When you played that little, it automatically reduces the impact you can have on the game.

Skull-1
10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
This guy needs bulletin board material after that abomination we witnessed.

Exactly.

All I have to say is, ESPN OBVIOUSLY WATCHED THE FINALS.

Skull-1
10-07-2013, 08:58 PM

+2

PlayNando
10-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Eh, #86 doesn't seem that far off at this stage of his career, tbh. He probably shouldn't be ranked below chucker Monta Ellis, though. :lol

Venti Quattro
10-07-2013, 09:03 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry Please respect us :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Exactly.

All I have to say is, ESPN OBVIOUSLY WATCHED THE FINALS.

Yeah... and that's all they watched.

Manu does not deserve that ranking or to be behind Ellis, George Hill, Jeff Green, etc.

They are all players that are good at one thing. Cannot create their own shot. Hell, George Hill is a PG that can't play point!

You're a fucking idiot.

TE
10-07-2013, 09:06 PM
:cry :cry :cry
Bruno has become ruthless ever since being a mod, tbh:lol

lefty
10-07-2013, 09:46 PM
that feggit is a mod now ?

I mean congrats Bruno !

jestersmash
10-07-2013, 09:53 PM
86 seems a little high given his performance in the playoffs.

Skull-1
10-07-2013, 10:05 PM
86 seems a little high given his performance in the playoffs.
Don't say that to nolifescrubsmynuts.... He will call you a f'ing idot. Wah. Wah.

james evans
10-07-2013, 11:30 PM
If you were only to judge based off his performance last season and in the playoffs then 86 is not ridiculous. Hopefully Manu has a bounce back year because he was looking absolutely awful in stretches during last years playoffs.
sheeeeit, based on playoffs alone he should be in the 60s.

james evans
10-07-2013, 11:32 PM

hopefully miami sends him and popovich their rings in the right sizes.

james evans
10-07-2013, 11:40 PM

Manu does not deserve that ranking or to be behind Ellis, George Hill, Jeff Green, etc.

They are all players that are good at one thing. Cannot create their own shot. Hell, George Hill is a PG that can't play point!

You're a fucking idiot.
george hill played better against miami than ginobli. he for damn sure didn't have an 8 turnover game.

Skull-1
10-07-2013, 11:45 PM
george hill played better against miami than ginobli. he for damn sure didn't have an 8 turnover game.That's the truth. I was hoping the Pacers would pull it out.

spurraider21
10-08-2013, 01:59 AM
whats odd about his ranking is that george hill is a spot above him :lol

Waps1980
10-08-2013, 02:39 AM
It makes sense to me
He only plays half a season and is rested during fantasy playoffs.
Risky to pick the glass man as great as he is when fit, that is nearly never and he will be rested a lot this season to avoid injury and the like.

Johnny RIngo
10-08-2013, 04:57 AM
#86? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Unreal. Why isn't Dirk in the 80's then? That dude is just as done. Same for Pau Gasol. What a joke.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9785334/2013-nba-player-rankings-81-90

Ranked below MONTE ELLIS? Wow.

:lol at thinking current Manu is better than Dirk or Gasol. At least those two can play 35+ mpg every night. Manu can't even do 20 mpg. It's pretty ridiculous the amount of hate Gasol gets - his NBA career has been much more impressive than Manu's. Take away those worthless international competitions and Manu has no shot in hell of making the hall of fame.

will_spurs
10-08-2013, 06:48 AM
86 seems a little low, he's probably around the 45-55 range.

45-55 would make him either the 2nd best player on a non-playoff team, or 3rd best player on a playoff team (roughly). He's clearly none of that at this point.

diego
10-08-2013, 07:17 AM
:lol at not knowing that manu appeared in more games than both last season, and that both gasol and dirk were under 35 mpg last season.

xmas1997
10-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Bruno has become ruthless ever since being a mod, tbh:lol

I wish he were more ruthless. This off season was plagued with some of the worst hating and whining BS I've ever seen here.

tmtcsc
10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Manu needs to improve his play significantly just to regain respect in this forum much less ESPN. Right now, its arguable if he's even the 4th best player on his own team.

Manu is one of the all time great Spurs in my opinion but his performance in the Finals last year was abysmal. I just hope it was lingering injuries that slowed him down and not his age. No lift, no handles, terrible passes...ugh. This season can't start soon enough.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-08-2013, 08:40 AM
george hill played better against miami than ginobli. he for damn sure didn't have an 8 turnover game.

He had six in a game against the Heat... Ginobili had eight, but come on at least he was playing a role that isn't really his position. George Hill is so overrated.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-08-2013, 08:42 AM
:lol at thinking current Manu is better than Dirk or Gasol. At least those two can play 35+ mpg every night. Manu can't even do 20 mpg. It's pretty ridiculous the amount of hate Gasol gets - his NBA career has been much more impressive than Manu's. Take away those worthless international competitions and Manu has no shot in hell of making the hall of fame.

Lol at you throwing out random assumptions that are 100% false.

:lol Gasol and Dirk 35 mpg
:lol Manu averaging over 20 mpg for the year
:lmao Gasol having a more impressive career then Manu
:lmao "worthless international competitions"
:lmao not throwing out the fact that Manu and Manu alone beat team USA
:lmao saying he wouldn't make the HOF despite being one of the best 6th men of all time and brining back the euro-step (which is WHY wade and harden use it today)
:lmao gtfo troll

Gagnrath
10-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Its supposed to be for the 2013-2014 season not this past on, though it is supposed to be based on the trends shown in last season, as such I could make a reasonably strong arguement that as a 2 guard J.R. smith is more impactful and probably a more effective player. For those arguing about Hill being ranked above Manu, while hill is not really a point guard he is sufficient to bring the ball up the floor and initiate the Pacers offense, he also has a decent driving touch and jumpshot combined with the ability to guard any SG or PG in the league. And is on a team where if any larger guard really tries to post him up inside that guard will just get embarrassed by the pacers help d. All while playing way more minutes than manu could hope to survive.

Brazil
10-08-2013, 10:18 AM
that feggit is a mod now ?

I mean congrats Bruno !

:lol welcome to 6 months ago Lefty !

:cry Bruno deleted threads created to ask where Duncan228 is hiding :cry among others :cry

Brazil
10-08-2013, 10:19 AM
^fortunately we still can post racist stuff and have 3rd reich troll

KaiRMD1
10-08-2013, 10:38 AM
It's ESPN ol' sport

barakz21
10-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Not dissing anyone, but OP acts like Manu 's the godfather or something, and that he was disrespected the same way Vito Corleone was at the beginning of the godfather. C'mon man, it's ESPN. Since when have they given our guys the respect they deserve? Calling it "blatant" IMHO is overreacting. It's not like he was calling Manu names or making fun of Argentina or his family....

Budkin
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM
He should have played better.

look_at_g_shred
10-08-2013, 12:06 PM
He should have played better.

Glad to see the "28 second nightmare" gone...as well as the disappointed tim avatar. It was truly sad to see lol

Hoops Czar
10-08-2013, 12:27 PM

You're a fucking idiot.

Did you ONLY watch the NBA finals?

Ginobili had his lowest WS/48 minutes (.155), OWS (2.1), O-rating (107), and highest turnover % (17.3) since his rookie season. He also had his lowest PER (19.0) since 2004, his worst TS% (.560) since his rookie season and an eFG% (.502), second worst of his career. Based on last season's performance, how injury prone he is and age, he's ranked right where he should be.

It's up to him to prove the naysayers wrong.

james evans
10-08-2013, 12:54 PM
and the problem is, he's gonna try while popovich will leave him in the game to fuk up. that's been a pattern for a long time now.

dg7md
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM
He lost us the NBA Finals with turnovers. He shouldn't be so high up there. He had an okay game 5 (but only because he was terrible every other playoff game except Golden State).

cd021
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I agree with the ranking. He's about on par with Steve Nash.

That said, he'll improve this year.

There are not 85 players better than Ginobili. SI ranked him 54, i believe, that's much closer to his rank.

Sean Cagney
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM
It makes sense to me
He only plays half a season and is rested during fantasy playoffs.
Risky to pick the glass man as great as he is when fit, that is nearly never and he will be rested a lot this season to avoid injury and the like.

Basically this...

Ginobili had his lowest WS/48 minutes (.155), OWS (2.1), O-rating (107), and highest turnover % (17.3) since his rookie season. He also had his lowest PER (19.0) since 2004, his worst TS% (.560) since his rookie season and an eFG% (.502), second worst of his career. Based on last season's performance, how injury prone he is and age, he's ranked right where he should be.

It's up to him to prove the naysayers wrong.I agree with this.

Budkin
10-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Glad to see the "28 second nightmare" gone...as well as the disappointed tim avatar. It was truly sad to see lol

Yep, ready to move on though it will always haunt me as a fan.

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:12 PM
45-55 would make him either the 2nd best player on a non-playoff team, or 3rd best player on a playoff team (roughly). He's clearly none of that at this point.

True I guess 50 seems like a low number but considering there are 500 players in the league 86 doesn't sound horrible, probably still closer to 75 though. But :lol at the Manutards in this thread getting butthurt. Some of you are incredibly fucking stupid if you think Ginobili, at this point in his career in his current form, is better than players like Dirk Nowitzki (just laughable), Pau Gasol, and even Monta Ellis. That or you're just a blind delusional homer. I'm not a Manu hater like TGY/Skull :lol but I recognize that one of my favorite players isn't the same player he was 5 years ago. Some of you really need to take off the homer goggles

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I can tell how many of these delusional homers only watch the Spurs play basketball reading stupid shit like :cry there's no way he deserves to be behind Monta Ellis or Jeff Green! :cry

Monta Ellis >>>>> Ginobili at this point in his career. Prime Manu shits all over him but current Manu is pretty much done barring some Duncan-like resurgence. Hoops Czar provided all the evidence anyone needs. Jeff Green was also pretty good for the Celtics last season so not sure why people are crying. Also ironic regarding George Hill, because I remember the CoM vehemently claiming a few seasons ago that Hill was just as good as Parker or likely to be better and that Parker should've been traded :lol and now that the whole world knows TP is a top 10 player in the league and Hill is just a role player Manufan is crying that Hill is rated above him :lol

RD2191
10-08-2013, 05:21 PM
I can tell how many of these delusional homers only watch the Spurs play basketball reading stupid shit like :cry there's no way he deserves to be behind Monta Ellis or Jeff Green! :cry

Monta Ellis >>>>> Ginobili at this point in his career. Prime Manu shits all over him but current Manu is pretty much done barring some Duncan-like resurgence. Hoops Czar provided all the evidence anyone needs. Jeff Green was also pretty good for the Celtics last season so not sure why people are crying. Also ironic regarding George Hill, because I remember the CoM vehemently claiming a few seasons ago that Hill was just as good as Parker or likely to be better and that Parker should've been traded :lol and now that the whole world knows TP is a top 10 player in the league and Hill is just a role player Manufan is crying that Hill is rated above him :lol
You're on fukin crack, son. Monta 'I'm better that D-Wade' Ellis over Manu? I would take Manu's corpse over that piece of shit.

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:21 PM

You're talking to a guy who claimed LeBron was the next T-Mac and proposed a Green + Diaw for Iman Shumpert trade, what do you expect :lol

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:24 PM
You're on fukin crack, son. Monta 'I'm better that D-Wade' Ellis over Manu? I would take Manu's corpse over that piece of shit.

As a human being you are entitled to your completely ass backwards and deluded opinion and I respect that :toast

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:25 PM
btw not sure what Monta said about Wade has to do with anything. Pretty sure he said he was just as good as Wade, not better than him. Are we gonna shit on Rose now because he claimed he's the best player in the NBA when the entire world knows that's horeshit? :lol

ElNono
10-08-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm with my brotha robdiaz. It isn't wether Manu is good or not good anymore, is that Monta Ellis has always been a mediocre, me-first chucker, with an oversized ego that has never made his team/teammates better.

This Spurs team is built upon the premise of sharing the ball, and getting everyone involved (including the opposition, apparently, but I digress). Guys like Tiago only produce to the extent that somebody is creating and feeding the ball to him. That's why there's no room for Monta Ellises on this team...

ElNono
10-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm actually OK with Hill being ranked where he is. He's always been lousy as PG, and I'm glad we swapped him for Kawhi who fills a much bigger need and has a higher ceiling, IMO.

RD2191
10-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm with my brotha robdiaz. It isn't wether Manu is good or not good anymore, is that Monta Ellis has always been a mediocre, me-first chucker, with an oversized ego that has never made his team/teammates better.

This Spurs team is built upon the premise of sharing the ball, and getting everyone involved (including the opposition, apparently, but I digress). Guys like Tiago only produce to the extent that somebody is creating and feeding the ball to him. That's why there's no room for Monta Ellises on this team...
:tu

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Monta Ellis has played on shit teams his entire career. You cannot deny the dude has a lot of talent, I'm not saying he isn't selfish or a ballhog but he is a better overall player than Ginobili at this point in their careers. When he played for the Warriors with Jackson, Davis, and Richardson, he didn't need to be the #1 and actually played pretty well in his role. I think he will look better on a team like Dallas with a player like Dirk who can legitimately carry an offense, something Ellis has never had. The Bucks were absolute trash, who was he supposed to pass to, the chucker Jennings who wouldn't pass it back either? I'm not saying he's an elite player, and he's ranked pretty low, just saying he's better than Manu right now. I think we'll see him play a much more well-rounded game this season in Dallas. Plus he has a true passing PG in Calderon to set him up and he'll be open when Dirk is doubled. I think he will do very well in Dallas imo

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:42 PM
He's a career 19/5 player at ~46% from the field, that is not "mediocre" at all.

ElNono
10-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Personally, I hope he keeps on sucking... especially since he's in Dallas now, tbh

He has always been athletic as fuck and there's no doubt he always had a scorer mentality (I would take Monta over Kevin Martin any day too).

He just isn't what the Spurs want at that position: a playmaker. Which is why signing Belli makes sense.

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Agree, I'm not saying he's a better fit because for our team he isn't he's just a gifted scorer who imo hasn't really had much opportunity or the right franchise/coaches/players around him to be successful. I am on the Beli train though, I'm expecting great things from him

ElNono
10-08-2013, 05:52 PM
He's a career 19/5 player at ~46% from the field, that is not "mediocre" at all.

Didn't you just said he always played for shitty teams? How hard is it to pad your shit on crappy teams?

We'll see how he does in Dallas. I like that roster in general, and I'm sure he'll get his numbers, but I get the feeling Dirk's knee will be a much larger factor on how they do than Ellis production.

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Yeah but his stats were still pretty solid playing next to Davis/Jackson/Richardson when the Warriors weren't shitty for a couple seasons. If it were so easy to average 19 and 5 for a career, considering how many shitty teams there are in the league, we'd have a lot more 20ppg scorers instead of barely any.

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
And he did average 20ppg one season on 53% from the field (something Kobe could never do :lol ). For a guard that's pretty impressive.

HI-FI
10-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Belli will be THAT DUDE to help Ginobili out when he's tanking a series for Los hermanos de Cuba de la revolución.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Do you not think if Ginobili was on a sorry team, he wouldn't average 19/5? He's the third option here and barely peaks 25 mins. Stacks averaged 20 in a Charlotte tool

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Ginobili right now would not average 19 points on any team in the NBA. He wouldn't even be able to play enough mpg to average 19. And Charlotte was the absolute worst team in the league, there is a difference between shitty treadmill team contending for an 8th seed and absolute trash team tanking for the lowest possible record.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Ginobili right now would not average 19 points on any team in the NBA. He wouldn't even be able to play enough mpg to average 19. And Charlotte was the absolute worst team in the league, there is a difference between shitty treadmill team contending for an 8th seed and absolute trash team tanking for the lowest possible record.
We just have to disagree because I think you are 100% wrong

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 06:08 PM
That's fine, you're entitled to do so. This is all based off last season though, we'll see how they play in 2014. Like I said, I would love for Manu to prove everyone wrong. He was my favorite player growing up and it's sad to see him breaking down tbh

ElNono
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Manu just isn't shooting much at all, period. Thinking he's going to drop 20 on a consistent basis is silly simply because he's not even looking to score much. His role is much more of a playmaker, reflected on being the #2 assist leader for the Spurs last season (by a wide margin). The Spurs biggest hurdle isn't having guys that can finish plays, it's that they have very few creators. Guys like Bonner, Green, Splitter, Diaw and even up to an extent, Kawhi, need somebody to set the table for them.

That's why guys like Belli or Manu don't need to score a lot, they just need to make sure everyone else is getting a clean look.

TD 21
10-08-2013, 06:30 PM
The ESPN rank is ridiculous, because it's based on a consensus from too many people. Barnes being ranked 10 spots higher than Ginobili tells you everything you need to know about the credibility of this. If you're looking for a credible one, check out the Point Forward's, at Sports Illustrated.

In general, people are jumping the gun on Ginobili. Players with that long a track record of success deserve the benefit of the doubt. Spurs fans should know this as well as anyone, given Duncan's re-emergence in the past year and a half. This is the season we'll get a better idea of his current standing both on the Spurs and in the league. I wouldn't be shocked to see a semi-bounce back season.

therealtruth
10-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Manu just isn't shooting much at all, period. Thinking he's going to drop 20 on a consistent basis is silly simply because he's not even looking to score much. His role is much more of a playmaker, reflected on being the #2 assist leader for the Spurs last season (by a wide margin). The Spurs biggest hurdle isn't having guys that can finish plays, it's that they have very few creators. Guys like Bonner, Green, Splitter, Diaw and even up to an extent, Kawhi, need somebody to set the table for them.

That's why guys like Belli or Manu don't need to score a lot, they just need to make sure everyone else is getting a clean look.

Yeah passing is nice but we needed his offense in the Finals and he wasn't aggressive enough.

ElNono
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah passing is nice but we needed his offense in the Finals and he wasn't aggressive enough.

I don't think he wasn't aggressive enough. I think, if anything, he was too aggressive (at times in a bad, ill advised way).

In the Finals we needed a lot of offense from a bunch of guys... Tiago, Neal, etc.. Green made up for a lot of it, but eventually, that well was going to dry up.
Manu is a floor general now. His contribution will come more in the from drawing people and finding open teammates than volume scoring.

But in general, Manu just didn't have a good, consistent season. Time will tell if that's the new normal or not.

Skull-1
10-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Ginobili right now would not average 19 points on any team in the NBA. He wouldn't even be able to play enough mpg to average 19. And Charlotte was the absolute worst team in the league, there is a difference between shitty treadmill team contending for an 8th seed and absolute trash team tanking for the lowest possible record. If Manu played enough minutes to score 19 a game he wouldn't stay healthy enough to complete even half the games in a season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Let me guess, all of you who are greatly offended are the types who will be posting trade ideas here later this season around the deadline. Quality homer stuff like "Baynes and a 2015 second for Dirk", or "De Colo and the rights to Sanikidze for Paul George".

TE
10-08-2013, 11:29 PM
I wish he were more ruthless. This off season was plagued with some of the worst hating and whining BS I've ever seen here.
And you where one of the culprits. I'm glad to see you've stuck to your word on ignoring obvious troll jobs. Saves bandwidth. :tu

Johnny RIngo
10-08-2013, 11:41 PM
In general, people are jumping the gun on Ginobili. Players with that long a track record of success deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Not when they've been as mediocre as Manu has been the past two years. He's been in a sharp decline ever since the 2011 season.

Spurs fans should know this as well as anyone, given Duncan's re-emergence in the past year and a half.

Duncan dedicates himself to the Spurs and ONLY the Spurs while Manu's top priority, in recent years, has been Argentina. Even making this comparison is hilarious since Manu never has been and never will be on Duncan's tier as a player. It's not surprising for someone of TD's calibre to have a comeback season considering his style of play doesn't rely on speed/athleticism. Ginobili's decline coincides with his athletic decline. Slashers like him and Wade age faster than wing players with good fundamental skills like Allen/Pierce/Kobe/etc.

This is the season we'll get a better idea of his current standing both on the Spurs and in the league. I wouldn't be shocked to see a semi-bounce back season.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him miss most of the season...again. Then come back just in time to stink it up in the playoffs.

bbarry
10-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Deservedly so. He choked hard in the playoffs. He should be 200+

Sean Cagney
10-09-2013, 02:15 AM
Yep, ready to move on though it will always haunt me as a fan.

It will always be on all of us as Fans! Up there or above .4 or the Manu foul on Dirk. Those are top three to me, ones I won't forget. I will remember good times though and the titles, hopefully another one to add to it this year.

eric365
10-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Let's guess the spurs big 3 rank :
Kawhi : 35
Timmy : 9
Tony : 8

AchillesHeel
10-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Manu fucked up in the Finals, ranking him 86th is being generous.

xmas1997
10-09-2013, 10:58 AM
And you where one of the culprits. I'm glad to see you've stuck to your word on ignoring obvious troll jobs. Saves bandwidth. :tu

How do you come to this conclusion.
I wasn't whining or trolling, I was trying to get rid of those bandwagon characters.
Unfortunately I was feeding them.

Gino-Step
10-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson and KG are in the top 50. Is this a fking joke?

I still haven't seen a player that Ginobili is not better than right now. And we are approaching the top 40

Sean Cagney
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM

I still haven't seen a player that Ginobili is not better than right now. And we are approaching the top 40They are on a media darling team now, watch the hype they get all year long as the next superteam.

RD2191
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
They are on a media darling team now, watch the hype they get all year long as the next superteam.
The ass-kissing will be hard to watch.

Sean Cagney
10-11-2013, 02:26 PM
The ass-kissing will be hard to watch.

We had it for years with certain teams and most recently the Heat, now you will hear this crap all year long about them as well. The good thing is only one will make it out of the East so it's not our problem.

Mark in Austin
10-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Let's guess the spurs big 3 rank :
Kawhi : 35
Timmy : 9
Tony : 8

I'm going with:

Kawhi 38
Tim 9
Tony 5

TheGreatYacht
10-11-2013, 03:13 PM

I still haven't seen a player that Ginobili is not better than right now. And we are approaching the top 40:depressed A Manutard is butthurt that his God tarnished his reputation because of Game 6.

Put this in your head: MANU PLAYED HORRIBLE IN THE NBA FINALS! MANU WAS TERRIBLE ALL OF LAST YEAR. HE DOESN'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT FOR THIS UPCOMING SEASON. IF MANU CEASED TO EXIST DURING THE NBA FINALS, THE SPURS MORE THAN LIKELY ARE THE 2013 NBA CHAMPIONS.

He will have to prove us doubters wrong this upcoming season and try to repair the damage he has done.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2013, 03:19 PM
:depressed A Manutard is butthurt that his God tarnished his reputation because of Game 6.

Put this in your head: MANU PLAYED HORRIBLE IN THE NBA FINALS! MANU WAS TERRIBLE ALL OF LAST YEAR. HE DOESN'T DESERVE ANY RESPECT FOR THIS UPCOMING SEASON. IF MANU CEASED TO EXIST DURING THE NBA FINALS, THE SPURS MORE THAN LIKELY ARE THE 2013 NBA CHAMPIONS.

He will have to prove us doubters wrong this upcoming season and try to repair the damage he has done.
He may have failed compared to what he once was, but there's not 86 players better than him. Period.

TD 21
10-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Not when they've been as mediocre as Manu has been the past two years. He's been in a sharp decline ever since the 2011 season.

Duncan dedicates himself to the Spurs and ONLY the Spurs while Manu's top priority, in recent years, has been Argentina. Even making this comparison is hilarious since Manu never has been and never will be on Duncan's tier as a player. It's not surprising for someone of TD's calibre to have a comeback season considering his style of play doesn't rely on speed/athleticism. Ginobili's decline coincides with his athletic decline. Slashers like him and Wade age faster than wing players with good fundamental skills like Allen/Pierce/Kobe/etc.

This is one of the most egregious examples of lack of reading comprehension I've ever witnessed. Congratulations.

Baseline
10-11-2013, 07:29 PM
If Manu actually played like #86 in the Finals, Timmy would have a fifth ring.