PDA

View Full Version : Rank these coaches, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
10-07-2013, 09:23 PM
- Marvin Lewis..10th season, 79-80 record, 0-4 playoff record
- Gary Kubiak..7th season, 59-53 record, 2-2 playoff record
- Mike Smith..5th season, 56-24 record, 1-4 playoff record

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 09:25 PM
hell of a question tbh :tu. gotta think on this one

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-07-2013, 09:25 PM
:lol what a shitty group

1) Marvin Lewis - His African battle cries at least motivate his team. There's nothing good to say about the other two.
2) Mike Smith - He's the white Jim Caldwell :lol, an extremely passive coach who's only gonna go as far as his QB can take him
2) Gary Kubiak - Just fucking terrible :lol

HarlemHeat37
10-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I thought Marvin Lewis had won a playoff game, though..how the fuck do you keep a coach for 10 years without even 1 playoff win, tbh?..

Pelicans78
10-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Lewis
Smith
Kubiak

resistanze
10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Kubiak is the worst, that's all I know.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-07-2013, 09:32 PM
I thought Marvin Lewis had won a playoff game, though..how the fuck do you keep a coach for 10 years without even 1 playoff win, tbh?..

He's capable of recognizing his weaknesses and surrounding himself with coordinators who have actual smarts and can actually coach. As meaningless as that sounds, I'll take it over Kubiak being delusional about whether or not he should be calling plays :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Kubiak is the worst, that's all I know.

Yeah this is the thing that's clear. It's close between Smith and Lewis, neither coach does much of anything to make his team better/worse they just sit there and do jack shit, while Kubiak routinely makes his team worse and would be better off doing jack shit.

Chinook
10-08-2013, 01:23 AM
It's sad that two of them have AP COY awards.

Right now, I'd go with Lewis, Kubiak and Smith. Lewis hasn't really done much, but it takes a pretty good hand to be able to go from the Palmer/Ocho implosion to a pretty young team that's made the playoffs two years in a row. Very few coaches get to be in two different eras. He's also been shown to have a way with troubled players.

Kubiak has actually built something in Houston, even if he's holding it back now. I can't say the same for Smith, who had the benefit of drafting Matt Ryan (even if he's overrated) and whose front office has been really aggressive in bringing in good to elite players (Jones, Robinson, Samuel, Osi, Jackson, Gonzales, Turner, etc.). With the exception of the past two or three years, the Texans had to build from the ground up.

HarlemHeat37
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM

Marvin Lewis with another playoff loss, this time as a heavy favourite against an 8-win team:lol..

Somebody needs to fire this bushy-eyebrowed nigga, tbh:lol..

spurraider21
01-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Cincinnati will once again circle the drain if they dump him IMO, so they'll hang onto him unless they get a grade A candidate

Clipper Nation
01-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Cincinnati will once again circle the drain if they dump him IMO

How so? They actually have a good team that just needs a quarterback and a coach, tbh.... they could just promote Zimmer...

spurraider21
01-06-2014, 04:16 PM
How so? They actually have a good team that just needs a quarterback and a coach, tbh.... they could just promote Zimmer...
Maybe. If thats the case it has to be done now. Zimmer is going to be highly sought after.

Clipper Nation
01-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Also, Jay Gruden has to be the most overrated coordinator in the league, tbh.... Chargers players said after the game that he didn't change any aspect of the offense from the last time they played them.... talk about someone getting hype because of their name alone, can't believe this guy is thought to be a head coach in waiting....

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2014, 04:29 PM
There is nothing Marvin Lewis does that positively affects his team. The Bengals are STACKED with talent, but they have 2 glaring weaknesses--which coincidentally are the 2 most important things on an NFL team--HC and QB.

He's given (use that term loosely) them 3 division titles--all resulting in blowout Home WC losses. Sure, he can use the Palmer injury excuse in 2005, but the other years? Even Kubiak won 2 playoff games, in less time too.:lol

There's just nothing on the resume worth 10+ years of sustained employment. He might also hold the NFL record for players arrested during a coaching tenure, tbh. One or two players even died.

Retain both coordinators, cut ties with his useless ass, and start looking at future QB prospects.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Also, Jay Gruden has to be the most overrated coordinator in the league, tbh.... Chargers players said after the game that he didn't change any aspect of the offense from the last time they played them.... talk about someone getting hype because of their name alone, can't believe this guy is thought to be a head coach in waiting....
He's not HC material but he's been pretty decent as an OC...as for not changing the offense, well...it probably would've been too much for the Ginger to process

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2014, 12:22 AM
It just doesn't make sense in the NFL, tbh:lol..

Coaches are killed for playoff failures, especially if you have a nigga like Lewis's resume..

As a Broncos fan, we put up with Shanahan because he did win Super Bowls(although with stacked teams) and he did have an elite offensive system, but his teams choked every year from 2006 until the end of his tenure, and he had absolutely no idea how to hire a competent defensive coach..

At least Shanahan took a Broncos team to the AFC Title Game, post-Elway, though..

Lewis doesn't have any excuses for his failures, he's just an overrated, mediocre coach..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Lewis doesn't have any excuses for his failures, he's just an overrated, mediocre coach..

name 5 players on the bengals outside of dalton and AJ green... they don't have much.. i think taking them into the playoffs consistently warrants some respect..

Ghazi
01-07-2014, 12:35 AM
They're winning 11 games and are fringe super bowl contenders with a below average QB and HC.

I'd say they're a relatively stacked team, definitely the best overall roster in the AFC.

Clipper Nation
01-07-2014, 01:16 AM
name 5 players on the bengals outside of dalton and AJ green... they don't have much.. i think taking them into the playoffs consistently warrants some respect..

Are you retarded? Gio Bernard, Vontaze Burfict, Geno Atkins, Michael Johnson, Domata Peko...

The Bengals have plenty of talent on the roster, they just have a shitty-ass quarterback, head coach, and OC....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
01-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Are you retarded? Gio Bernard, Vontaze Burfict, Geno Atkins, Michael Johnson, Domata Peko...

The Bengals have plenty of talent on the roster, they just have a shitty-ass quarterback, head coach, and OC....

my point is that you can't say marvin lewis isn't a good coach.. they don't really have much "start talent".... put a average coach there and they don't even make the playoffs tbh

Clipper Nation
01-07-2014, 01:22 AM
my point is that you can't say marvin lewis isn't a good coach..
His .500 overall record as a head coach (including playoffs), 20-50-1 record against playoff teams, and 0-5 record in playoff games says he's at best a mediocre coach.... going a decade as a head coach without winning a single playoff game is grounds for firing, imho....

they don't really have much "start talent".... put a average coach there and they don't even make the playoffs tbh
They have plenty of talent, just because you personally haven't heard of anyone on their roster besides Dalton and Green doesn't mean there isn't talent there.... promote Zimmer to HC and not only do they make the playoffs, they probably at least win a game....

spurraider21
01-07-2014, 01:40 AM
the bengals defense is pretty stacked but they did have some big injuries that they had to overcome, in their secondary and on their d-line. most of their offensive talent is meh outside of AJ green. that said, Cinci can't afford to stay with the status quo

HarlemHeat37
01-07-2014, 03:04 AM
:lol No Lyfe Scrub has to be a troll, tbh, this nigga is straight from ESPN Forums..

spurraider21
01-07-2014, 03:13 AM
i don't think marvin lewis is a great coach, but i'm just struggling to see a legit alternative at this point, unless they are confident that zimmer is a better HC

Chinook
01-07-2014, 05:00 AM
The Bengals have been the best drafting team of the past five years, by far. I won't bother to name players, since I am biased from rooting against them. But the entire offense outside Dalton has elite young talent. The D-line does as well. The secondary needs fresh blood, but it's solid enough. Burfict is elite, and if they find a way to draft a good LB to put next to him and Rey, watch out.

That was a horrible take. Cinci is oozing with talent. They're going to have to make some tough choices about who to keep starting next year.