PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Odds: Get in now

tmtcsc
10-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Typical Odds for the Spurs. Flying under the Vegas radar.

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/08/nba-title-odds-preseason-miami-heat-chicago-bulls-oklahoma-city-thunder/?sct=hp_t2_a8&eref=sihp

:lol

Cliff Notes version: Vegas ranks the Spurs as the # 8 contender to the highly favored Heat. Even worse, they have us behind Okc, Houston and Clippers. How the hell are prognosticators ranking the Thunder as the best in the West? That's just stupid. No Harden, No Martin, No Westbrook for first 4-6 weeks of the season.

Russ
10-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Miami Heat 2/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 8/1
Los Angeles Clippers 9/1
Houston Rockets 10/1
Indiana Pacers 10/1
Brooklyn Nets 10/1
San Antonio Spurs 12/1
Golden State Warriors 16/1
New York Knicks 22/1

That Russian owner must have bet a billon rubles on the Nets to jack their odds up that high.

I wouldn't put anyone in the Western Conference ahead of the Spurs. And come to think of it, those Eastern teams will eliminate each other before the Spurs could get to them anyway.

Miami 2-1.

Spurs 4-1.

Galileo
10-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I got $100 down on the Spurs.

Sean Cagney
10-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Rockets, Bulls and Clippers higher? LOL. Bulls are overrated IMO but still good, Clippers got better but have not proven a thing yet in the postseason. Rockets because of Howard are better now? He will have to play alot better than last year to prove that.

Brazil
10-08-2013, 04:38 PM
:cry Vegas is blatantly disrespecting the Spurs :cry

Juggity
10-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Miami Heat 2/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1
Los Angeles Clippers 9/1
Houston Rockets 10/1
Indiana Pacers 10/1
Brooklyn Nets 10/1
San Antonio Spurs 12/1
New York Knicks 22/1

:lmao The Bulls? They're a fifth seed at best

Kidd K
10-08-2013, 05:55 PM
The Bulls have D Rose back and play in a soft as tissue conference. It makes sense their odds are 8/1.

Clippers and Thunder being above the Spurs though, is a fuckin joke. The Spurs will beat either one of them in a series. Thunder would have gotten swept if they didn't have James Harden the first time. Even with Westbrook, people don't seem to remember that Westbrook sucks against Tony Parker career-wise while Parker feasts. Not bias either, that's statistically backed.

The Rockets probably just have the "omg they have Dwight now" initial rush, so I get the 10/1 there. Nets though, lol. They ain't winning shit. They're barely 10/1 to get into the ECF and if there I can almost guarantee they won't get to the Finals. And even if they miracle that, they'll lose 1-4 at best.

phxspurfan
10-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Pacers are solid as hell and with additions of Scola and Granger, I would move them up to 8/1

SpursBills
10-08-2013, 06:44 PM
:lmao The Bulls? They're a fifth seed at best

Bulls best lineup is Rose, Butler, Deng, Gibson, Noah. A lot depends on how Rose comes back, but when healthy that's a better five man unit than anybody else out east besides a healthy Miami. Don't see them dropping lower than a 4th seed.

benefactor
10-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Good site to bet on? I've never really bet online but I'll get in on that action.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-08-2013, 07:32 PM
i use bovada. i hear it's good from whatever youtube/google research i whimsically put into it.

Juggity
10-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Bulls best lineup is Rose, Butler, Deng, Gibson, Noah. A lot depends on how Rose comes back, but when healthy that's a better five man unit than anybody else out east besides a healthy Miami. Don't see them dropping lower than a 4th seed.

Maybe that's the Bulls best unit, but they've played exactly zero minutes of regular season action together. Further, I've always seen the Bulls as a pretender team that will ultimately never have the offensive talent to challenge the Heat or any other top Eastern teams (even Indiana) in the playoffs. They peaked in the 2011 playoffs when they had crazy depth and the best backup center in the league (Asik), and even then they were easily dispatched by the same Heat team that couldn't deal with the Mavs. The Heat are better now and the Bulls are much, much worse. The rest of the East is better too.

Derrick Rose has always been wildly overrated, and he's coming off a devastating injury. I will defer to DoK's PG theory to explain why Derrick Rose will never win a title (or even make it to the finals) as the Bulls' alpha.

james evans
10-08-2013, 09:28 PM
as long as derrick ross is wearing those shitty adidas shoes, he's gonna be injury proned while getting bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Miami Heat 2/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1
Los Angeles Clippers 9/1
Houston Rockets 10/1
Indiana Pacers 10/1
Brooklyn Nets 10/1
San Antonio Spurs 12/1
New York Knicks 22/1

That Russian owner must have bet a billon rubles on the Nets to jack their odds up that high.

I wouldn't put anyone in the Western Conference ahead of the Spurs. And come to think of it, those Eastern teams will eliminate each other before the Spurs could get to them anyway.

Miami 2-1.

Spurs 4-1.

Yeah, the part of his stash he didn't use on AK47.

kobexxx
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
if this is based on superstars in the team, maybe.. Spurs have one, TD.

spurman123
10-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Can I place a bet online? What is the most legitimate sites? Or do I have to actually go to Vegas?

scanry
10-11-2013, 12:11 AM

I beg to differ. The Clippers look legit and with Doc, they may very well represent the West come June.