PDA

View Full Version : Report: Number of African Billionaires Much Higher Than Previously Thought

Koolaid_Man
10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
If the African Countries United into States like the US...then poverty would go down....but that would likely require a civil war similar to the US...the continent has seen too much bloodshed so each country shall maintain it's own power and it shall remain by and large an impoverished continent though it has the natural resources to be the richest in the world. Each African dictator want to maintain their power hence Africa will remain what it is...however contrary to what many of you SWAM's think there's nappy headed Africans that could buy you a billion times over...and speaking of Nappy...if I had those kind of resources no way my hair remains kinked...just saying :lol

Previous Africa-rich-lists named as few as 16 billionaires, but Ventures said its exhaustive research had identified at least 55 on a continent where the wealthy often fiercely protect details about their fortunes.

The pan-African business magazine said it was able to uncover dozens of new billionaires by using "on-the-ground knowledge" to overcome hurdles that may have "hampered" other researchers.
Of the 55, 20 are Nigerian, including several oil barons, while South Africa and Egypt boast nine and eight respectively.

Ventures' supported reports by Forbes which listed Nigeria's Aliko Dangote as Africa's richest man with a fortune of $20.2 billion (15 billion euros).

Dangote, who made his fortune in cement, heads a multi-interest empire, profiting from products including flour and sugar, while eyeing a massive investment in oil refining.

The continent's richest woman is Nigeria's Folorunsho Alakija, whose Fama Oil owns an offshore oil block, which she acquired in 1993 "at a relatively inexpensive price", likely through a helpful connection, the magazine said.

read more here:

http://news.yahoo.com/number-african-billionaires-much-higher-past-estimates-report-204716359.html

DeadlyDynasty
10-08-2013, 04:38 PM
You couldn't pay me enough money to live on 90% of that continent.

m>s
10-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Egyptians aren't n!gger and South Africa is actually a white country.

Koolaid_Man
10-08-2013, 04:44 PM
You couldn't pay me enough money to live on 90% of that continent.

^ I disagree..don't think you're being truthful..I basically lived in Africa for a year with my Dad while he worked....there's a ton of poverty but there's also a ton of wealth...Jane Goodall is doing just fine...but I thought it would be like what I saw on TV..dead kids, flies, etc...and sure there were some parts but it wasn't at all like what I saw on TV....perhaps in some places but I never went there....I think the TV loops of the bad places is a disservice to all the great places....pristine beaches in some locations and absolutely stunning terrain and Palm Trees out of this world...

DeadlyDynasty
10-08-2013, 05:01 PM
^ I disagree..don't think you're being truthful..I basically lived in Africa for a year with my Dad while he worked....there's a ton of poverty but there's also a ton of wealth...Jane Goodall is doing just fine...but I thought it would be like what I saw on TV..dead kids, flies, etc...and sure there were some parts but it wasn't at all like what I saw on TV....perhaps in some places but I never went there....I think the TV loops of the bad places is a disservice to all the great places....pristine beaches in some locations and absolutely stunning terrain and Palm Trees out of this world...
It's still rampant with deadly infectious diseases, warlords, poverty, wild gorillas, and primitive infrastructure. If I want that experience I'll go to Detroit

Leetonidas
10-08-2013, 05:53 PM
"there's a ton of poverty but there's a ton of wealth"

congrats chimp-brain, you just described the entire earth

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Egyptians aren't n!gger

:rollin

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2013, 03:45 AM
i know mugabe is the richest nigga in the world, look at his currency knotes are in the billions with alot of zeroes, but value on the FX its worth jackshit

Rogue
10-09-2013, 05:23 AM
just reflects how screwed up the world is imho. There're billions of black brothas n sistas dying of starvation or disease in africa yet those monkeys live like kings. my goddess once said "Sharing food is one of life's pleasures. On a global scale, we don't share fairly. Close to a billion people go to bed hungry every night. The fact is: the global food system is a broken one. All of us, from Kentucky to Kenya, deserve enough to eat."

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2013, 07:22 AM
just reflects how screwed up the world is imho. There're billions of black brothas n sistas dying of starvation or disease in africa yet those monkeys live like kings. my goddess once said "Sharing food is one of life's pleasures. On a global scale, we don't share fairly. Close to a billion people go to bed hungry every night. The fact is: the global food system is a broken one. All of us, from Kentucky to Kenya, deserve enough to eat."

you really need to educate yourself (i.e perhaps you can start at a local community college)

a few questions..

(1) if a person not part of the African government starts a business and becomes a billionaire you don't think they deserve it?
(2) why are you tying individual (again not part of government) entrepreneurial success to a whole continent....do you do that with white people in the US? Should the billionaire Koch Brothers be held accountable for the poverty rates here in America?
(3) How do you know what charities they're part of? Should they give away all of their money and then join the ranks of the poor and starving? Be my guest Rouge take the lead show us the way....I'll empty my bank account if you do my friend :lol

Rogue
10-09-2013, 10:49 PM
you really need to educate yourself (i.e perhaps you can start at a local community college)

a few questions..

(1) if a person not part of the African government starts a business and becomes a billionaire you don't think they deserve it?
(2) why are you tying individual (again not part of government) entrepreneurial success to a whole continent....do you do that with white people in the US? Should the billionaire Koch Brothers be held accountable for the poverty rates here in America?
(3) How do you know what charities they're part of? Should they give away all of their money and then join the ranks of the poor and starving? Be my guest Rouge take the lead show us the way....I'll empty my bank account if you do my friend :lol
My total bank account is near zero so I'd agree to the deal with pleasure, in a heartbeat if you also agree. I have nothing to lose...

I don't need to start at a local community college because I finished college study and got my Bachelor's like 2 years ago and I'm not studying in a local graduate school. Although I agree with my nigga Jacob that school is just a scam, I can still boastfully say I've wasted more time and efforts on that shit than your whole family combined, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
10-09-2013, 10:51 PM
What college did you go to, Rogue?

Joseph Kony
10-09-2013, 11:05 PM
thanks for posting, gives me some n!gger bootyhole to track down and pillage

Rogue
10-10-2013, 06:28 AM
What college did you go to, Rogue?
I was born and raised in Tianjin, a coastal city in NE China at about the same latitude as NYC (my goddess's hometown and mine are located at about the same latitude, proudly), and the university I went to was named after the city. I graduated from it in 2011 and I'm now attending another college in my hometown for graduate study.