PDA

View Full Version : evan turner expected trade

DrunkTXLabrat
10-08-2013, 07:51 PM
in case anybody missed this article. i'm a little late to share it. and i've seen the tim and tony both want mills around thing. and i hate to even entertain the idea of a baynes trade notion...

but i think it's interesting. what with brown being the coach. and his players probably being kinda spurs systemy. and vise versa.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/sixers/2013/10/04/evan-turner-trade-philadelphia-76ers-offers-free-agency/2923815/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/sixers/2013/10/04/evan-turner-trade-philadelphia-76ers-offers-free-agency/2923815/)

RD2191
10-08-2013, 08:01 PM
:wakeup

objective
10-08-2013, 08:08 PM
They're tanking hardcore. Patty Mills on that team could chuck them into 2-4 more wins than they want and screw their plans up

Furthermore, Brown doesn't run things in Philly, Morey's croney does. That henchmen already went out of his way to sweetheart deal the Rockets into extra capspace by taking on Royce White without making Houston pay dearly for it like other teams would have. If it is a deal that could help the Spurs, that would hurt the Rockets, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Holden_Caulfield
10-08-2013, 08:19 PM
do it rc. he could be manus replacement.

DesignatedT
10-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Unless a third team is involved the Spurs would almost have to have Bonner or Diaw involved in any deal that would bring back Turner to match his 7M/yr salary. We know Bonner isn't going anywhere and the Spurs aren't dumb enough to get rid of Boris.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
They're tanking hardcore. Patty Mills on that team could chuck them into 2-4 more wins than they want and screw their plans up

Furthermore, Brown doesn't run things in Philly, Morey's croney does. That henchmen already went out of his way to sweetheart deal the Rockets into extra capspace by taking on Royce White without making Houston pay dearly for it like other teams would have. If it is a deal that could help the Spurs, that would hurt the Rockets, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

i agree philly looks to be tanking hardcore. but i actually like royce white. yeah he's a knucklehead. but i dig the smooth handle and dimer big.

i'm curious to see how philly looks when noel comes around. with some spurs influence. an interesting point guard. they should lose with some style. i also agree patty would wind up getting them some wins. baynes would only add to it.

timtonymanu
10-08-2013, 08:54 PM
The Spurs will get Thaddeus Young at the trade deadline. :stirpot:

EDIT: Yucky contract.

Chinook
10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I like Turner. But the Spurs don't really need another wing right now. Maybe if by some means he's available during the summer of 2015, the team considers him.

exstatic
10-08-2013, 09:04 PM
I like Turner. He has two problems: He was drafted too high, and because of that, makes too much money ($7M) for a player who still requires development.

I wouldn't give much for him. I'm pretty sure you can have him for free next summer. His QO would be sky high, so I doubt Philly even makes one.

Chinook
10-08-2013, 09:04 PM
The Spurs will get Thaddeus Young at the trade deadline. :stirpot:

EDIT: Yucky contract.

I like Thad a lot. But he's just a more actualized Aminu. I think he's overpaid. He really should be a bench big.

sananspursfan21
10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Yet another misleading title, but to be fair it involved my own implications. Thought it was saying Spurs-Sixers expected trade for Evan Turner... for the right price I would have been excited

DrunkTXLabrat
10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I like Turner. He has two problems: He was drafted too high, and because of that, makes too much money ($7M) for a player who still requires development.

I wouldn't give much for him. I'm pretty sure you can have him for free next summer. His QO would be sky high, so I doubt Philly even makes one.

his contract is steep.

ohmwrecker
10-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Philly won't take anything the Spurs would offer. Next.

exstatic
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Philly won't take anything the Spurs would offer. Next.

Why would you give them anything? He's obviously not in their plans, and If I'm not mistaken, his QO would be near or maybe OVER $10M. No one is going to give them shit for what is essentially a rental year.

He's kind of an enigma, which isn't a good thing to be in a stuffed FA class next summer.

ohmwrecker
10-08-2013, 10:13 PM
The point being . . . the Spurs are not getting Turner.

exstatic
10-08-2013, 10:54 PM
The point being . . . the Spurs are not getting Turner.

Not this year.

mountainballer
10-09-2013, 05:01 AM
Spurs offense requires highly efficient wing players.
Turner is a talented yet highly inefficient offensive player.
you do the math.

Spursfanfromafar
10-09-2013, 05:24 AM
The only guy I like from the Phillies is Thad Young. (If only he had a lesser contract). Too bad, the Spurs already have Ayers (Pendergraph) who seems a similar player to Young and comes with a much cheaper contract.

mountainballer
10-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Ayers isn't similar to Young. if you want to compare at all, you will find Kawhi as the closest and luckily Kawhi is better than Young at more or less everything. the fact that Young plays more of a small PF than a big SF is a result of his lack of SF skills. if Kawhi didn't improve his ball handling and shooting that much over the last two seasons, he would be exactly like Thad Young and play a combo role with the Spurs. (which would likely be a 15-20MPG role from the bench).
that said, Young as a back up SF/PF would be nice to have. but not for 8 million per.

Spursfanfromafar
10-09-2013, 06:07 AM
Ayers isn't similar to Young. if you want to compare at all, you will find Kawhi as the closest and luckily Kawhi is better than Young at more or less everything. the fact that Young plays more of a small PF than a big SF is a result of his lack of SF skills. if Kawhi didn't improve his ball handling and shooting that much over the last two seasons, he would be exactly like Thad Young and play a combo role with the Spurs. (which would likely be a 15-20MPG role from the bench).
that said, Young as a back up SF/PF would be nice to have. but not for 8 million per.

Thanks. The little that I have seen of Young, he didn't seem a perimeter based player at all and was very adept at the transition game hitting a lot of dunks... very athletic.. etc.. reminding me of Ayers.

I agree with you that he would be a great backup PF/ small ball PF.. and that 8 million is too much of a cost for him though.

What I dont agree with you is that Kawhi is very dissimilar to Young. Kawhi is a good corner 3 shooter and can play the catch and shoot game extending to the 3 pointers, which I am not sure if Young is adept at.

Spursfanfromafar
10-09-2013, 06:13 AM
And to provide some empirical basis to my claims about Ayres, Young and Kawhi - a comparison of the shot charts (check the heat maps in particular) of the three players -

Ayres -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pendeje02/shooting/2013/

Young -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/y/youngth01/shooting/2013/

Kawhi -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01/shooting/2013/

--
I see more of Ayres in Young than Kawhi.. Tbh.

james evans
10-09-2013, 06:40 AM
i said we should have got battier at the trade deadline. this was 2 years ago when the grizz beat us in the first round. that season. battier beat us with a 3 in game 1. then he did a bit of damage to us in the finals. dont know why they never went after him. he could have been our bowen..

mountainballer
10-09-2013, 08:28 AM
What I dont agree with you is that Kawhi is very dissimilar to Young. Kawhi is a good corner 3 shooter and can play the catch and shoot game extending to the 3 pointers, which I am not sure if Young is adept at.

that's what I tried to say. if Kawhi DIDN'T have the ability to hit the 3, you pretty much have Thad Young.

Baseline
10-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Evan Turner = R.J. 2.0

look_at_g_shred
10-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry but Evan Turner is trash.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I think turner would be good on the spurs. Im not worried about his price tag either. But the trade would have to be bonner and mills. I dont think the spurs can afford to cough up baynes.

Chinook
10-09-2013, 06:04 PM
that's what I tried to say. if Kawhi DIDN'T have the ability to hit the 3, you pretty much have Thad Young.

Nah. Young is not a combo-forward at all. If you look at his shooting splits, you'd see that he has absolutely no range at all. I don't mean that he just can't shoot a three. He only shot 38 percent last year from beyond three feet. Even when he came into the league, Leonard was much better than that. As I said a couple of months back, Young has played almost exclusively as a big for the past three seasons. If anything, he's closer to a better-scoring Mbah a Moute than he is to a raw Leonard.