PDA

View Full Version : It Still Hurts

Pages : [1] 2 3

timvp
10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

RD2191
10-09-2013, 06:16 PM
:depressed

TheWriter
10-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Good to have you back comrade!

Robz4000
10-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Eh, look at the bright side: they have two more shots before the door officially closes, and the Spurs' biggest competition out West is an OKC team with no depth and a Clippers team with obvious flaws.

Kool Bob Love
10-09-2013, 06:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqfg4dPEueI

:flag:

RD2191
10-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I was already dialing my father who was at work (truck driver) and then Allen hits that 3...he told me to call him only if the Spurs had won. Damn you Shuttlesworth.

DJR210
10-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Welcome back Timvp.

Leetonidas
10-09-2013, 06:30 PM
LJ going kobyz on us guys :lol

Good to see you back brah, the upstairs has been severely lacking without your insight

BillMc
10-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I can relate to you. I was sitting in a hospital recently with a sick family member, and even THEN I thought about the Spurs loss.

The only way to look at it is as cold hard statistics. The odds of losing Game 6 at that point were about 1% I'm told. Then you throw in the fact that we also could have won Game 7 and the odds of losing the entire series when were were up with 28 seconds in 6, were about 1 in 200.

But, if I recall, we were the first playoff team to ever come back from such a deficit in so little time in Game 1 of the Warriors series. The odds on that were between 1 in 300 and 1 in 1000 depending on who you ask.

So, during the Spurs playoff run, the Spurs themselves had one statistically miraculous comeback go their way (against the Warriors) and one go against them (the Heat). It happened both ways. We were neither lucky nor unlucky. It's just the random outliers of probability.

It doesn't really help much, I know. But if you bemoan the Heat loss, then we should remember how damn lucky we got against Goldenstate Game 1.

That said, I'll remember that loss forever, just like you, and many of us on this board.

Look forward to a great season!

timtonymanu
10-09-2013, 06:34 PM
timvp = kobyz?

Welcome back, LJ. :toast

Look on the bright side, our guys motivated for another run. We may not win this season either but its going to be fun.

baseline bum
10-09-2013, 06:34 PM
I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Damn man, I took it pretty good when it happened, but now I get fucking nightmares about it. Like the one I had a few days ago when the NBA let the Spurs replay Game 7 for some reason and it ended up just like 28.2. :pctoss

I don't think that loss is ever going away or getting better tbh RT

Chinook
10-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Eh, the day after the Spurs lost, I realized that I felt the same after the Ravens had won the Super Bowl. I watch sports for entertainment, and I care about winning only to the point that it allows the teams I follow to play more. The Spurs made it all the way to the end, and for that, I'm a happy fan.

benefactor
10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Didn't read all that emo nonsense.

Sack up bro. As you go this forum tends to go...so put your boots back on the trail and leave the dead where they lie. It's time to get back to work.

benefactor
10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Eh, the day after the Spurs lost, I realized that I felt the same after the Ravens had won the Super Bowl. I watch sports for entertainment, and I care about winning only to the point that it allows the teams I follow to play more. The Spurs made it all the way to the end, and for that, I'm a happy fan.
:tu

baseline bum
10-09-2013, 06:38 PM

I would have been better had the Spurs just got outplayed the whole game in Game 6 like they were in Game 7. I don't think I'd sweat losing to Miami at all had it gone down like that. But to be 28.2 seconds away from at worst the second greatest upset in Finals history... FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

timtonymanu
10-09-2013, 06:39 PM
The first few weeks after the Finals were really tough. But for me, its been easier as the time has passed. Like timvp said , there's always a tomorrow. The Spurs have at least two more years in the Duncan era to get him another championship. If they can't pull it off, then it was never meant to be.

Kool Bob Love
10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Anyone that says that they didn't get a little EMO after 6 is lying to themselves.

Especially if you are a member of Spurstalk.

exstatic
10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Damn, did kobyz hack timvp's account?

ginobilized
10-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Good to hear from you, timvp

I look forward to your thoughts as we move forward. Please share your observations tonight.

If any team can rebound from that horrific 28 seconds, it is the Spurs. In fact, they might just be more focused and motivated than ever.
Let's see if this board can follow suit and move forward. Strangely, I believe.

HI-FI
10-09-2013, 06:45 PM
timvp, back from his abode in the banana republics, taking care of business, exposing his soul and not giving a damn about e-reps....
http://t.qkme.me/3pw331.jpg

but yeah that loss threw me for a loop, i'm not even as hardcore a Spurs fan as some, but i've invested long enough to eat several shit sandwiches, and this was the ultimate one. I stand by what I said originally, the worst pains are the self inflicted ones and this was us ultimately fumbling something beautiful. That's tough even typing tbh. Just gotta hope to get things fixed, play our best and receive a miracle or two.

Blake
10-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm hoping the players take the pain and turn it into the appropriate anger and focus.

Blake
10-09-2013, 06:49 PM
I can relate to you. I was sitting in a hospital recently with a sick family member, and even THEN I thought about the Spurs loss.

I was at a funeral giving a eulogy while my car was being broken into and even then,

EP Money Man
10-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Ur not alone brotha. I was clinically depressed for at least 2 weeks. Romo of course doesn't make it better.

Can we forward to playoffs already?

BillMc
10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I was at a funeral giving a eulogy while my car was being broken into and even then,

Actually, I was serious. Not that I'm proud of it...

RD2191
10-09-2013, 06:54 PM
We also have to deal with this every effin game. They're going to bring up how close we were and this and that. And when we play the Heat? Forget about it, the replays will be unbearable to watch.

ace3g
10-09-2013, 07:02 PM
We also have to deal with this every effin game. They're going to bring up how close we were and this and that. And when we play the Heat? Forget about it, the replays will be unbearable to watch.

Yeah, any rebound, FT, or when Allen has the ball in a close game. Plus things that will be way overplayed like LeBron losing his headband and continuing to play without it some even labeled it the "headband" game....

Not that I care but again the media will be riding the whole "Spurs are old again," at least winning the title would have stopped some of that.

The positives the past 2 seasons is that I knew we would be a better team the following season, mainly from "internal improvement" just feel like that is wasted by not being able to defend the title.

Baseline
10-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Couldn't agree more, TimVP. But to me, the lasting image is Tim on the bench...watching. The MVP of the series is literally not even on the floor. It's really unthinkable. Yet Pop let it happen.

RD2191
10-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah, any rebound, FT, or when Allen has the ball in a close game. Plus things that will be way overplayed like LeBron losing his headband and continuing to play without it some even labeled it the "headband" game....

Not that I care but again the media will be riding the whole "Spurs are old again," at least winning the title would have stopped some of that.

The positives the past 2 seasons is that I knew we would be a better team the following season, mainly from "internal improvement" just feel like that is wasted by not being able to defend the title.
Yeah, I mean they had the trophy ready to go! It just feels like it was ours, it was supposed to be ours. The Spurs had a chance to beat one of the most over-hyped teams of all time. Every time I turn on the TV its 1 LBJ commercial after another. We could of at least stopped some of that. Makes me sick. But oh well. Gotta keep on keepin on. :lol

td4mvp2k
10-09-2013, 07:08 PM
:cry Emo SOB :cry

Vic Petro
10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Gonna make this year's title run that much sweeter. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

ace3g
10-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Also the image of the Heat fans leaving early, is all but forgotten; those "fans" get to relish in celebration they don't even deserve...

Juggity
10-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm over it. On to the season, where the spurs will win 60 games and be a top 3 seed in the west.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-09-2013, 07:17 PM
:lol yea it's still kinda hard to look forward to the up coming season. still in shock mode. the only thing im looking forward to this season is watching tim play one more year and the growth of kawhi.

benefactor
10-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Anyone that says that they didn't get a little EMO after 6 is lying to themselves.

Especially if you are a member of Spurstalk.
Of course we all did...but it's dead and gone. timvp is just like many of the Spurs fans on this forum. The Spurs are all he follows and he has spent his adult life watching that one team do basically nothing but win. Yes there has been some heartbreak, but the success has far, far outweighed it. Even on the down years after all the titles the Spurs were better than 95% of the rest of the teams in the league.

Coming back all emo still is a little ridiculous tbh...but I guess that's what one does when winning is all they know. I'm too hardened as a fan to let any level of disappointment keep me down for more than a few days. Months? Never.

Bruno
10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Welcome back. :toast

Yeah, it still hurt a lot. Now, I've decided that I was done talking about it on ST. If there are always people talking about it here, it certainly doesn't help to get his mind off it.

And as a french the joy to see France winning the Eurobasket with a great game against Spain, surely help to ease the pain. Whenever I think at the NBA finals, I then think at the Eurobasket win.

Blake
10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Actually, I was serious. Not that I'm proud of it...

Yeah I just don't invest much emotion in pro teams any more. I think the 90s Spurs were the ones that made me callous.

barakz21
10-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Well, at lest we know you're okay.... Although you're not exactly okay. But still..... Anyway, nice to see you posting again. Looking forward to your upcoming threads, insights, etc. and of course,
, cheering on the silver and black!

NickiRasgo
10-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah. Sometimes when I'm alone (as always lol), I'm still hearing the sounds from that game. :depressed It's really devastating. Maybe if the Spurs losses like about 10 points in Game 6/7, it's not really that hurt but losing like you're 28 seconds away, a free-throw away (even 2) and a rebound away (even 2 also), it's really depressing. You keep questioning yourself how come that all lucky break goes to Heat.

Even Parker said that:

With the Euro coming, is the NBA finals over in your head?
It will never be over. It's the biggest loss of my career. When I will be 90, I will die saying "argh, game 6". That's how it is. It's the beauty of sports. Sometimes, it's wonderful, sometimes it's cruel. This time, it was cruel for us. I will never be able to get over this loss.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220510&highlight=parker+interview+game

Damn. :depressed

ElNono
10-09-2013, 07:34 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f09YP6bu4Vw/S_6I_7vA4MI/AAAAAAAABAM/OkmkmTWPu1c/s1600/Cool+Emo+Hairstyle+for+Men.jpg

welcome back, tbh

HI-FI
10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f09YP6bu4Vw/S_6I_7vA4MI/AAAAAAAABAM/OkmkmTWPu1c/s1600/Cool+Emo+Hairstyle+for+Men.jpg

welcome back, tbh

:rollin

say how about that Manu....

birdy219
10-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Still hurting!!! :depressed

Kori Ellis
10-09-2013, 08:01 PM
LOL :cry

bklynspursfan
10-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Amen... I'm in the same boat. It's definitely not as bad as it was for me the first few weeks after it happened, but i still replay those last few seconds. Still haven't watched post game stuff from game 7, and still change the channel when I see "the shot" or anything else related to those last 28 seconds.

That said, I fully expect them to be right in the thick of things and use the last 2 disappointing seasons as an incredible source of motivation, & focus

Budkin
10-09-2013, 08:38 PM
It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

Just when I think I'm out you drag me back in. Damn bro I feel you. This summer has SUCKED.

The Reckoning
10-09-2013, 08:47 PM
:lol

Das Texan
10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
FUCKING MANU!!!

sitting in that fucking bar in Seattle, waiting to explode in jubilation, only to be thwarted by something I didnt think could happen....

fucking painful. Hard to lose that way, would have rather those fucking assholes have beat the Spurs by 30 that night.

crc21209
10-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Good to have you back timvp! Things haven't been the same without you. Hell I haven't even been on ST much since 6. It's been tough as hell. I slowly started getting over it more as the summer went on, but then at random points I'll think about it. It was all right there, and then it was taken away...not just taken away from the players and the coaches, but it was taken away from all of us who are die-hard Spurs fans. There aren't many fan bases out there with a "Spurs Talk" website to go on and rant about their team in the bad times and celebrate thru the good times. This site is special, and going through last year's journey with all of you on here made it even more special. We realized what kind of special run it was, and to be so damn close...still hurts. But here we all are again, so let's enjoy the Tim Duncan's last great years while we can. The theme for this year should be to just enjoy the ride, and see what happens...Go...Spurs...Go!

Buddy Mignon
10-09-2013, 09:03 PM

But damn.

And its going to continue to haunt you if Jim doesn't revenge this blunder. The game tonight won't provide any relief for you at all... and I'm glad.

Buddy Mignon
10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
LOL :cry

Hey there cutie. What's good?

NASpurs
10-09-2013, 09:15 PM
And its going to continue to haunt you if Jim doesn't revenge this blunder. The game tonight won't provide any relief for you at all... and I'm glad.

:lol fucking Narutard

Kool Bob Love
10-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm over it. On to the season, where the spurs will win 60 games and be a top 3 seed in the west.

Just make the playoffs and win the last game you play. Everything else is irrelevant.

ezau
10-09-2013, 09:34 PM
It was the cruelest loss I can remember in any sport. It took me months to wear my Spurs gear and check out updates on the team. The good thing is the Spurs have another shot this year, and they look hungrier and perhaps a little better. Looking back at that game, I'm still proud of the team reaching that far and going that close to a ring. It was the Heat's turn really, and we happen to be at the receiving end of a huge kick to the balls.

Poolboy5623
10-09-2013, 09:34 PM
I locked myself in my bedroom, following game 6...just starting to get out n about now. It's been a long 4 months.

therealtruth
10-09-2013, 09:41 PM

The only way to look at it is as cold hard statistics. The odds of losing Game 6 at that point were about 1% I'm told. Then you throw in the fact that we also could have won Game 7 and the odds of losing the entire series when were were up with 28 seconds in 6, were about 1 in 200.

But, if I recall, we were the first playoff team to ever come back from such a deficit in so little time in Game 1 of the Warriors series. The odds on that were between 1 in 300 and 1 in 1000 depending on who you ask.

So, during the Spurs playoff run, the Spurs themselves had one statistically miraculous comeback go their way (against the Warriors) and one go against them (the Heat). It happened both ways. We were neither lucky nor unlucky. It's just the random outliers of probability.

It doesn't really help much, I know. But if you bemoan the Heat loss, then we should remember how damn lucky we got against Goldenstate Game 1.

That said, I'll remember that loss forever, just like you, and many of us on this board.

Look forward to a great season!

The odds were less than 1%. We had every statistic in our favor by getting the 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 leads. As close as game 6 was and even our 10 point lead I think the series was lost in game 4 when Spoelstra was smart enough to realize he couldn't score against our starting 5 and then went with Mike Miller.

xmas1997
10-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it hurt, especially after game 6.
By game 7, I expected what happened, so I was prepared for it.
I healed quickly, within a couple of days.

Brazil
10-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Call me whatever you want but I still think it is just silly that a game affect you so much especially if you are a grown up man with a family. It sucked during a couple of hours but then you realize that your team made you proud to be a fan, that it has been a great fun season, you have a great life and that's just a freaking sport.

Sean Cagney
10-09-2013, 10:04 PM
FUCKING MANU!!!

sitting in that fucking bar in Seattle, waiting to explode in jubilation, only to be thwarted by something I didnt think could happen....

fucking painful. Hard to lose that way, would have rather those fucking assholes have beat the Spurs by 30 that night.
I can only imagine being in a bar that night! I would have drank that last beer and sat there and paid the tab and went back to where I was staying and literally go to bed.. There was nothing else to do that night after that but sleep. I hate that finals series and hate the way it ended, thats all I am going to say there.

I am not over it being I still talk about it at work and even think about is almost everyday and think I have it handled and then picture Manu getting fouled to PUT US UP 5 and then the rebounds we were missing just praying one went to us and we get the rebound and then celebrating! Unfortunately that rebound did not happen and nobody left to go to the line to ice it and put it again just a big three and then another one :( I was ready to explode that night and party, then boom. I won't forget that.

hooperflash
10-09-2013, 10:04 PM
We'll get another chance, let's go!

Arcadian
10-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Just the fact that we were in the position to win the championship barring some bullshit luck means a lot.

Miami was extremely lucky to beat us. Do people realize this? They were fucking incredibly lucky. That in itself is a huge success. We truly deserved that title.

racm
10-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome back. :toast

Yeah, it still hurt a lot. Now, I've decided that I was done talking about it on ST. If there are always people talking about it here, it certainly doesn't help to get his mind off it.

And as a french the joy to see France winning the Eurobasket with a great game against Spain, surely help to ease the pain. Whenever I think at the NBA finals, I then think at the Eurobasket win.

I wish that Eurobasket win was a sign of things to come.

spurraider21
10-09-2013, 10:35 PM
good to see you guys are back :tu

forum wasn't the same

elmanutres
10-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I think about it on that long ride home from school or when my heat fan friend ( been there pre Lbj I might add) rubs it in.

Uriel
10-09-2013, 11:01 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry Game 6 :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

silverblk mystix
10-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Lol - this is what a few of us have been sayin' and all you ladies got your panties twisted in knots....

LJ says the same thing - and all you ladies are having a little emo bitch-fest. FOUR fuckin' months later...

Losers.

10-09-2013, 11:07 PM
It's always darkest before it goes pitch black.

Sean Cagney
10-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Lol - this is what a few of us have been sayin' and all you ladies got your panties twisted in knots....

LJ says the same thing - and all you ladies are having a little emo bitch-fest. FOUR fuckin' months later...

Losers.True I been over that shit on an EMO LEVEL, sure as hell not on a cruise now thinking of that shit (I would be trying to get a girl there etc.). I curse when It talk about it and get mad and say we fucking blew it, then my day proceeds and I am fine. I had a friend die last week and got real shit going on, real life stuff so this Sports stuff is secondary to me as far as thoughts go all day long and it won't effect my personal life.

10-09-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm pretty much over it, but some of the pain will be back when the Spurs play Miami and we're reminded again and again how close they came to a fifth title.

TE
10-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Before game 6 started, I pregamed with my research group. Got drunk as fuck before the game. During the game, I was on such a crazy vibe having an even keel feel and all. Going up double digits late in the third quarter was awesome but I knew Miami would make a run. They did, and they actually took the lead due to Pop's questionable coaching. I remember when Manu got the rebound and was fouled to stop the time. I scram "finish that shit boy". Damn, the rest sucked.

After the game, I was so hammered that I didn't even give a shit about postgame stuff. I just knocked out. Waking up early the next day, the first thing that came to mind was the game. I didn't want anything to do with b-ball after. It was a gruesome feeling tbh. Worse than a break-up...I remember dreading coming to the site on the day after. I didn't want to be reminded about Game 6.

Sean Cagney
10-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Before game 6 started, I pregamed with my research group. Got drunk as fuck before the game. During the game, I was on such a crazy vibe having an even keel feel and all. Going up double digits late in the third quarter was awesome but I knew Miami would make a run. They did, and they actually took the lead due to Pop's questionable coaching. I remember when Manu got the rebound and was fouled to stop the time. I scram "finish that shit boy". Damn, the rest sucked.

After the game, I was so hammered that I didn't even give a shit about postgame stuff. I just knocked out. Waking up early the next day, the first thing that came to mind was the game. I didn't want anything to do with b-ball after. It was a gruesome feeling tbh. Worse than a break-up...I remember dreading coming to the site on the day after. I didn't want to be reminded about Game 6.
I was drunk as well and went through all you just said there, ready to party all night after that spite work the next day and then boom..... I had to just go to sleep and turn that shit off. I knew that was it and we would not game 7 after that, most of us knew that.

Russo21
10-10-2013, 12:58 AM
lol last time i got hammered during a game was game 7 of the 2005 NBA Finals. I was so nervous at halftime of that game i drank myself silly. Didn't enjoy the Championship celebration that much as i was in bed spewing my guts up. Great stuff :vomit: I was more numb then anything after this years loss, i try not to think about it as it makes me feel sick.

HI-FI
10-10-2013, 01:00 AM

Normally I like the freedom and independence of this site, some moderation is needed, but after that game, I was hoping some trolls would get banned. I just wasn't in the mood, but oddly I think it sort of brought some of us together, defending the site from various shitheads and losers.

For me, I think the turning point in the series was that infamous Lebron block on Tiago. I just remember thinking "oh shit......" when that happened. I can't quantify that moment or give a value to it, but it was a moment when you realized Lebron is the best player on the planet and that team is probably juiced to the max. I also think it made Tiago's balls shrink, which in turn made Ginobili even more wild and panicky, which led to Pop really not knowing what to do and shitting the bed at key moments.

It's possible that the infamous block didn't have a domino effect like I suggested, but it definitely shook my confidence.

Truth is that despite Tiago disappearing and Ginobili shitting the bed, that Heat team was a defensive juggernaut. Only thing I appreciate is that we lost to them on their third trip to the Finals, and not the first or second, because I think/hope that their journey is going to get even more difficult.

ezau
10-10-2013, 02:33 AM
Call me whatever you want but I still think it is just silly that a game affect you so much especially if you are a grown up man with a family. It sucked during a couple of hours but then you realize that your team made you proud to be a fan, that it has been a great fun season, you have a great life and that's just a freaking sport.

This.

kobyz
10-10-2013, 02:56 AM
LJ going kobyz on us guys :lol

Good to see you back brah, the upstairs has been severely lacking without your insight

If you call to being real "going kobyz" so be it... Honestly timvp was understatment his feelings here, the pain is much larger and deeper than what he describe... Too bad too many people here are hypocrites or living in denial, they have problem to admit that this dissepointment is somthing else than all dissepointments this world could offer, the biggest and most cruel dissepointment ever!! Dissepointment that keep you torn and agonized until your last day(and maybe even after)...

Obstructed_View
10-10-2013, 03:02 AM
That fucking timeout after Manu hit the free throw was when I started to allow myself to believe that the Spurs were going to win. I'd managed to push that feeling away throughout the entire run. Once it hit, it flooded me. I know it's just sports and has nothing to do with real life, but I simply never thought the Spurs would be in this position again. Then Pop put in Diaw and my blood just ran cold. The dog was out on the freeway again, and I had to keep watching, knowing the outcome. I try really hard to put it out of my mind or to go Jerry Jones and "moral victory" it. Not working so far. Hoping the Spurs have one more season of health in them with a little anger on top.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-10-2013, 03:29 AM

^ Yes. This exactly.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Call me whatever you want but I still think it is just silly that a game affect you so much especially if you are a grown up man with a family. It sucked during a couple of hours but then you realize that your team made you proud to be a fan, that it has been a great fun season, you have a great life and that's just a freaking sport.No shit.

Get over it, guys.

ezau
10-10-2013, 03:59 AM
If you call to being real "going kobyz" so be it... Honestly timvp was understatment his feelings here, the pain is much larger and deeper than what he describe... Too bad too many people here are hypocrites or living in denial, they have problem to admit that this dissepointment is somthing else than all dissepointments this world could offer, the biggest and most cruel dissepointment ever!! Dissepointment that keep you torn and agonized until your last day(and maybe even after)...

I thought you already killed yourself, tbh.

anakha
10-10-2013, 04:16 AM
*squaaaawk* I'm so depressed the Spurs lost

*squaaaawk* Life isn't worth living

*squaaaawk* Won't someone pay attention to me?

*whistle*

ca®lo
10-10-2013, 05:07 AM
I may be pink because of all the manu hate i posted after the loss, but, what can i do?

Im a die hard spurs fan and i never wanted more anything than to get that number five

Fans of other teams will never get it.

I still remember those 28 seconds like it happened just a few minutes ago.

Every miami ring celebration, every lebron back to back champion ad and commercial

All of those sting.

Because That couldve/shouldve been the spurs.

The only thing thats saving me is the fact that, as a spurs fan, weve been through this

The manu foul, .4, all those hurt

but those had a lot of what ifs

who knew if we were going to beat the pistons in the finals? Could we have beaten miami that time? (although i really thought we could)

But this, we were so close..

In fact, it was ours. All we needed to do was what pop dont the press a couple of years ago.

"dont screw it up"

and we did.

Im still happy for the spurs and what they achieved last season and im excited to see them play..

But lets admit it, it still hurts. Bad.

Sorry for venting out.

mountainballer
10-10-2013, 08:07 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/686/696.gif

great job e-gang! summer would have been so quiet without you.

but now the off season is over.

we have a game to love and not a loss to bemoan.

Buddy Mignon
10-10-2013, 08:09 AM
We'll get another chance, let's go!

No you won't. Injuries to other teams allowed to come through the back door last season. Its over.

TheGreatYacht
10-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Here is my take. Those people that keep saying "get over it" or "there is more to life than basketball" are the Pop lovers and Manu fanboys. They know that these two men are mostly responsible for costing us a 5th championship but they don't want to admit it so they rather go in denial or forget that Game 6 ever happened. Those of us that are true diehard Spurs fans know that Game 6 will foreever haunt us especially if the Spurs never win another championship.

McGusto55
10-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I feel the same fucken way...im not over it either..im kinda not lookin forward to season. ..but oh well..I really think about it everyday..

TheGreatYacht
10-10-2013, 08:29 AM

Losers.I agree. You and I have expressed our frustration countless of times and people call us trolls. LJ does the same and "oh, that's ok."
Normally I like the freedom and independence of this site, some moderation is needed, but after that game, I was hoping some trolls would get banned. I just wasn't in the mood, but oddly I think it sort of brought some of us together, defending the site from various shitheads and losers.

For me, I think the turning point in the series was that infamous Lebron block on Tiago. I just remember thinking "oh shit......" when that happened. I can't quantify that moment or give a value to it, but it was a moment when you realized Lebron is the best player on the planet and that team is probably juiced to the max. I also think it made Tiago's balls shrink, which in turn made Ginobili even more wild and panicky, which led to Pop really not knowing what to do and shitting the bed at key moments.

It's possible that the infamous block didn't have a domino effect like I suggested, but it definitely shook my confidence.

Truth is that despite Tiago disappearing and Ginobili shitting the bed, that Heat team was a defensive juggernaut. Only thing I appreciate is that we lost to them on their third trip to the Finals, and not the first or second, because I think/hope that their journey is going to get even more difficult.I hope you weren't referring to me. I've just been stating the obvious this whole time and not letting the Pop and Manu apologists have their way.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/686/696.gif

great job e-gang! summer would have been so quiet without you.

but now the off season is over.

we have a game to love and not a loss to bemoan.Says so a guy with a Ginobili gear on his avatar who would rather forget about Game 6 because it reminds him of how pathetic his favorite player played all year long.

UZER
10-10-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm pretty much over it, but some of the pain will be back when the Spurs play Miami and we're reminded again and again how close they came to a fifth title.

We'll be reminded for as long as we watch basketball. How many times havewe seen the .4 highlight? They break it out at least 10 times a season.

mountainballer
10-10-2013, 08:43 AM
I agree. You and I have expressed our frustration countless of times and people call us trolls. LJ does the same and "oh, that's ok."I hope you weren't referring to me. I've just been stating the obvious this whole time and not letting the Pop and Manu apologists have their way.Says so a guy with a Ginobili gear on his avatar who would rather forget about Game 6 because it reminds him of how pathetic his favorite player played all year long.

Manu played bad. very bad.
never claimed he didn't.
he is my favorite player. still.
not a fair weather fan like you.
I'm not gonna burn my Manu shirt.
reason 1: fan loyality.
reason 2: I don't wanna be like you.

Spur|n|Austin
10-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Welcome back, hopefully this season's run makes up for it!

Also, you would have been very comfortable here over the summer, there was a lot of constant :cry :cry :cry :cry from a handful of jokers.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Here is my take. Those people that keep saying "get over it" or "there is more to life than basketball" are the Pop lovers and Manu fanboys. They know that these two men are mostly responsible for costing us a 5th championship but they don't want to admit it so they rather go in denial or forget that Game 6 ever happened. Those of us that are true diehard Spurs fans know that Game 6 will foreever haunt us especially if the Spurs never win another championship.

Pure unadulterated BS.
You are no die hard fan, just the opposite!
You continually spew your hatred for a certain two Spurs (Pop and Manu) attributing all the blame, the sole blame, their way when in essence the whole team made mistakes that led to their defeat, and when disagreed with you resort to juvenile ignorant ridicule no matter that the facts prove how wrong you truly are!
You are totally blind to the true facts shown by so many here who have given reasons, stats, and indisputable examples of other players mistakes in those finals because it does not support your biased views that there were only two at fault and no one else, thus taking away your scapegoats!
Admit it! Tell the truth!
You just can't accept the facts! The facts are Pop and Manu made mistakes, but others made mistakes, TP made mistakes plus he was injured, TD made mistakes, maybe the least but still made mistakes, Kawhi made mistakes, Green made mistakes, Diaw made mistakes, Tiago made mistakes, hell, they all made mistakes.
And you give no credit, where credit is due, to the Heat stepping up their team defense, or the Heat finally showing their offense which gave them the best record in the league and thus home court advantage.
All of this in your obsessive quest to pin it all on your two chosen pet scapegoats.
Get a life!
You are either a typical bandwagon fan, or worse a troll.

Kool Bob Love
10-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Parker failed us. 6-23 for a "MVP" is fucking pathetic. Parker was the "leader" so he gets 51% of the blame. Pop gets 29%. The rest of the blame goes to the rest of the team.

gameFACE
10-10-2013, 09:48 AM
For Spurs fans who haven't gotten over it. Tell 'em Vito:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niP-uHBg-pU

ChumpDumper
10-10-2013, 11:19 AM
lol "real" fans

benefactor
10-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Here is my take.
No one gives a fuck.

phxspurfan
10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Agreed. I'm still bitter. Emotionally healthy, but bitter, as this one really stung. And my friends and even random people who find out that I'm a Spur Fan joke that our last and best chance was choked away last year.

In the beginning, I was like "hell no" to getting league pass and watching all the Spurs games after last season. But now, as it gets closer, I think I'm still on board. GSG. Again.

phxspurfan
10-10-2013, 01:13 PM
The dog was out on the freeway again, and I had to keep watching, knowing the outcome

LOL damn bro...

Prime Time
10-10-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm actually quite dandy tbh. I often look back at Game 6 and admire how clutch TP was. Hell, I watch multiple highlights of the finals and still get chills. I can't get enough of watching that epic Warriors series, or Timmy's performance in Memphis overtime. Y'all just spoiled tbh.

But I must admit. My hatred for Ray Allen's face has not gotten any lower. And everytime I see LeBron dancing around on TV, It stings to know how close we were to smacking that smile off his face. But hey, they wanted it more.

Sean Cagney
10-10-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm actually quite dandy tbh. I often look back at Game 6 and admire how clutch TP was. Hell, I watch multiple highlights of the finals and still get chills. I can't get enough of watching that epic Warriors series, or Timmy's performance in Memphis overtime. Y'all just spoiled tbh.

But I must admit. My hatred for Ray Allen's face has not gotten any lower. And everytime I see LeBron dancing around on TV, It stings to know how close we were to smacking that smile off his face. But hey, they wanted it more.I always hated CHUCKLE cheeks Ray Allen but now I can't stand him even for a second lol. He is a trader and a bum who ran to get another ring after his days with the Celts. I heard KG won't even talk to him anymore lol. I hate Allen.

Budkin
10-10-2013, 02:15 PM
Only a couple more weeks and we can focus on the Spurs making up for that soul crushing ending. Seriously if they win it all this year, 28 seconds will feel like a distant memory. GO SPURS GO!

Baam
10-10-2013, 03:09 PM
It still hurts but I'm glad Pop got exposed, game 6 is gonna be the most watched Spurs game of all time, gonna be studied by coaches for year, gonna be replayed over and over again and people will know Pop for losing an unlosable game with his franchise player on the bench for the rest of eternity. That's a fact.

silverblk mystix
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
It still hurts but I'm glad Pop got exposed, game 6 is gonna be the most watched Spurs game of all time, gonna be studied by coaches for year, gonna be replayed over and over again and people will know Pop for losing an unlosable game with his franchise player on the bench for the rest of eternity. That's a fact.

Yes, a cautionary tale for the ages...

Baseline
10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Tim would have been 5-0 in Finals, and in my opinion, would have won his 4th Finals MVP. But Pop sat him at the end of Game 6....and the result was, we lost. It's on Pop. Pop cost Tim a "Top Two Player of All-Time" status. Pop should never, ever, ever, ever be forgiven.

dbreiden83080
10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
As the season kicks off we all will just get right back into it. I expect the Spurs if healthy to be right there again with a great shot at it. I am incredibly confident that the Heat not only won't win it all but they will not make the finals. The Pacers have their number and all that stopped them taking it last year was inexperience. Wade is getting old and those knees are even older. OKC is damn good but I doubt they will ever fully recover from trading Harden. Spurs can get back to the finals this year..

Believe...

FuzzyLumpkins
10-10-2013, 04:25 PM
I know that at the beginning of last season I was not expecting the Spurs to come out of the west much less almost take it all. I have always kept that in mind because last years team overachieved. I am proud of them for that.

silverblk mystix
10-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Tim would have been 5-0 in Finals, and in my opinion, would have won his 4th Finals MVP. But Pop sat him at the end of Game 6....and the result was, we lost. It's on Pop. Pop cost Tim a "Top Two Player of All-Time" status. Pop should never, ever, ever, ever be forgiven.

This.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 05:04 PM
This.

Are you really serious, that Pop should never ever be forgiven?
And do you truly attribute these finals losses to only Pop and Manu, and no one else?
Can you not see the instances where TD screwed up, the missed free throws and rebounds; where Green screwed up, the disappearing act after establishing his 3 pt. record; where TP screwed up, the missed shots; where Kawhi screwed up, the missed free throw, 3 pt. shots, and missed rebounds; where Tiago screwed up, the missed shots, rebounds, getting blocked; and where on and on until practically every Spur is accountable?
Just asking.
I am not talking about what they did do to keep us in the games.
I am talking about their mistakes only.
Just curious as to why you have this, IMHO blind, for lack of a better word, point of view. No offense meant.

TD 21
10-10-2013, 05:16 PM
It's simple: Anyone claiming to not be over it, is either a liar, a casual fan or confused about what over it means. By not being over it, it doesn't mean you're having suicidal thoughts, are constantly depressed or have nightmares about it. It just means it still stings and it still periodically crosses your mind.

Sean Cagney
10-10-2013, 05:18 PM
It's simple: Anyone claiming to not be over it, is either a liar, a casual fan or confused about what over it means. By not being over it, it doesn't mean you're having suicidal thoughts, are constantly depressed or have nightmares about it. It just means it still stings and it still periodically crosses your mind.

True.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 05:26 PM

And that is the most rational way of looking at it.
But do not forget that we are also proud that the Spurs over achieved too, to the point that they almost walked away with the trophy.
They gave the best team with the best player in basketball everything they were worth and pretty much dictated the course of that series until the end.
I was hurt that they lost, but I was equally as proud that they got as far as they did.
The one almost balances out the other, not quite, but almost.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-10-2013, 05:44 PM

The true scotsman argument has been shit, is shit and will always be shit. Any objective individual would have said the Spurs would be a longshot to win the title even at the beginning of the playoffs. I remember playing Memphis and people acting like we would be lucky to win that series.

I get that people got euphoric when it looked like it was going to be the impossible dream and then dejected when it fell through but that does not just make the rest of the season and the success that they did have go away. 'People need to get over themselves' is just a valid thought as your interpretation of what a 'real' fan is supposed to feel like.

Spurs fans didn't used to have so many front running malcontents.

TD 21
10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
The true scotsman argument has been shit, is shit and will always be shit. Any objective individual would have said the Spurs would be a longshot to win the title even at the beginning of the playoffs. I remember playing Memphis and people acting like we would be lucky to win that series.

I get that people got euphoric when it looked like it was going to be the impossible dream and then dejected when it fell through but that does not just make the rest of the season and the success that they did have go away. 'People need to get over themselves' is just a valid thought as your interpretation of what a 'real' fan is supposed to feel like.

Spurs fans didn't used to have so many front running malcontents.

I'm tired of hearing that they overachieved. They never had to play the first/second (depending on who you thought was better between them and the Thunder) best team in the West, nor the third best and the Grizzlies being favored is the most inexplicable prediction I've ever seen. The Spurs were far better offensively, neck and neck defensively and had the two best players in the series and home court. The only way they were losing, was if Parker and Leonard couldn't hold up physically.

And they were always going to have a legit shot at beating the Heat, if healthy, because they matched up better with them than any other team in the league and had a level of desperation to win that no other contender, real or pseudo, could match. We saw with the '11 Mavs how much that matters.

Too bad you're obviously a novice fan/follower, who couldn't see that.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm tired of hearing that they overachieved. They never had to play the first/second (depending on who you thought was better between them and the Thunder) best team in the West, nor the third best and the Grizzlies being favored is the most inexplicable prediction I've ever seen. The Spurs were far better offensively, neck and neck defensively and had the two best players in the series and home court. The only way they were losing, was if Parker and Leonard couldn't hold up physically.

And they were always going to have a legit shot at beating the Heat, if healthy, because they matched up better with them than any other team in the league and had a level of desperation to win that no other contender, real or pseudo, could match. We saw with the '11 Mavs how much that matters.

ace3g
10-10-2013, 06:09 PM

To some I think they use "overachieved" as a way to cope with the Finals loss.

For me, I thought we had a great chance of getting to the Finals (mainly because of revenge for OKC loss previous year and "internal improvement") and never felt like the Heat were the better team.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 06:20 PM
To some I think they use "overachieved" as a way to cope with the Finals loss.

For me, I thought we had a great chance of getting to the Finals (mainly because of revenge for OKC loss previous year and "internal improvement") and never felt like the Heat were the better team.
I hate it because some fans just don't seem to get it. The Spurs are supposed to be title contenders. They are supposed to make the Conference Finals/Finals. Do these fans really think we just keep our core so we can lose in the 2nd round and say we had a great season? That's bullshit. I'm pretty sure the front office expects these guys to win. If that wasn't the case they would go into a complete rebuild mode. That's the way I see it at least.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-10-2013, 06:26 PM

Assigning qualifications like your rankings '1st/2nd best' or emotional bullshit like 'desperation' like some ESPN pundit and fronting that you have some sort of expertise might sell in your own mind but its just the same 'true scotsman' argument and bullshit in the end. If you are going to argue then you need to do better than that.

What difference does it make what you find 'inexplicible.' If anything that just means you have difficulty explaining things. To me it is simple: people have a different opinion. We were not favored to win and we got close. It is what it is.

If you want to discuss roster composition, the CBA, various types of offensive and defensive systems, specific techniques, the evolution of the NBA game or more specifically the evolution of position prototypes or any other manner of things we can see how 'casual' I am. All I see from you are emotional claptrap, bluster, gross generalizations as qualifications, and shitty, tired logic.

benefactor
10-10-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm over it. It doesn't sting. You are still a faggot.

Have a nice day.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-10-2013, 06:32 PM
I hate it because some fans just don't seem to get it. The Spurs are supposed to be title contenders. They are supposed to make the Conference Finals/Finals. Do these fans really think we just keep our core so we can lose in the 2nd round and say we had a great season? That's bullshit. I'm pretty sure the front office expects these guys to win. If that wasn't the case they would go into a complete rebuild mode. That's the way I see it at least.

Prior to last season how had we done in the playoffs the previous three years?

I'll help since you cannot seem to recall the world as it was just a couple of years ago. We were only contenders because Duncan has had one of the more remarkable renaissances in NBA history. I remember watching Duncan struggle against Grant Hill pnr and the the Suns series. I remember watching Memphis, an 8 seed, dominate us. I remember us appearing backdoor swept by the Thunder and supposedly 'cooked.' We weren't 'supposed' to be a damn thing.

It is things like this that make me make front runner comments.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't know about many of you, but I never expected them to make it as far as they did, even though I wanted them to.
In fact every year I want them to, but I do not expect it.
And after reading many of the sports writers predictions as well as the oddsmakers, it did not look like a likely prospect IMHO.
I honestly think they exceeded expectations, rather than over achieved. So maybe overachieve is not the best analogy.
But I'm not here to quibble over semantics.
I am proud of them for almost getting number 5.
They have more motivation now and a better team IMHO.
And I always believed they were better than Miami.

TD 21
10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
We were not favored to win and we got close.

"We" didn't play. But the Spurs, given the situation they found themselves in, were overwhelming favorites to win. How overwhelming? Teams in that situation win 99% of the time. You'd have to be in denial to think they shouldn't have won.

All I see from you are emotional claptrap, bluster, gross generalizations as qualifications, and shitty, tired logic.

Is that why you, like so many on this board (including many who pretend they can't stand me, like that fat inbred hick), constantly instantly appear in a thread after I post?

ohmwrecker
10-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Fuck this shit. The Spurs don't need sad, disappointed fans. Nothing good comes from self pity. The only positive step is to move on and move forward. Wallowing in negativity does not create success. Time to patch up your pussies and support your team. Tim Duncan deserves to go out with positivity from the fanbase.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Prior to last season how had we done in the playoffs the previous three years?

I'll help since you cannot seem to recall the world as it was just a couple of years ago. We were only contenders because Duncan has had one of the more remarkable renaissances in NBA history. I remember watching Duncan struggle against Grant Hill pnr and the the Suns series. I remember watching Memphis, an 8 seed, dominate us. I remember us appearing backdoor swept by the Thunder and supposedly 'cooked.' We weren't 'supposed' to be a damn thing.

It is things like this that make me make front runner comments.
Yeah fool, but the Spurs still kept the core together. They saw something that we didn't. If they truly thought they weren't contenders anymore they would of gone into a full rebuild mode. Do you really think the front office resigned Manu and Tim expecting a 1st/2nd round exit? tf outta here. They expect another title run.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-10-2013, 06:37 PM
"We" didn't play. But the Spurs, given the situation they found themselves in, were overwhelming favorites to win. How overwhelming? Teams in that situation win 99% of the time. You'd have to be in denial to think they shouldn't have won.

Is that why you, like so many on this board (including many who pretend they can't stand me, like that fat inbred hick), constantly instantly appear in a thread after I post?

Then pick a username because I cannot recall speaking to you on this one. Cry all you want but that you do not dispute my observations is very telling.

If you want to fixate on two minutes of an entire season and judge it only on that then so be it. It pretty much defines small minded to me but so be it.

benefactor
10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Then pick a username because I cannot recall speaking to you on this one. Cry all you want but that you do not dispute my observations is very telling.

If you want to fixate on two minutes of an entire season and judge it only on that then so be it. It pretty much defines small minded to me but so be it.
He has a huge inferiority complex...which leads him to think everyone who disagrees with him is against him and has always been. He's a rich mans version of Kidd K tbh.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah fool, but the Spurs still kept the core together. They saw something that we didn't. If they truly thought they weren't contenders anymore they would of gone into a full rebuild mode. Do you really think the front office resigned Manu and Tim expecting a 1st/2nd round exit? tf outta here. They expect another title run.

The Spurs are a good team and put together a competitive squad every year. I love them for that. That does not mean we are frontrunners. It seems your world is frontrunner or rebuild. In my world other franchises put out good teams too.

silverblk mystix
10-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Are you really serious, that Pop should never ever be forgiven?
And do you truly attribute these finals losses to only Pop and Manu, and no one else?
Can you not see the instances where TD screwed up, the missed free throws and rebounds; where Green screwed up, the disappearing act after establishing his 3 pt. record; where TP screwed up, the missed shots; where Kawhi screwed up, the missed free throw, 3 pt. shots, and missed rebounds; where Tiago screwed up, the missed shots, rebounds, getting blocked; and where on and on until practically every Spur is accountable?
Just asking.
I am not talking about what they did do to keep us in the games.
I am talking about their mistakes only.
Just curious as to why you have this, IMHO blind, for lack of a better word, point of view. No offense meant.

I have said this for years now....how can I put this in a nutshell....

Pop as a human being = Awesome. I admire the man a great deal - he really seems like he figured some shit out and is on a great path.

Pop as an NBA coach - right now - not years ago, not last decade, not in his prime - but right now = Not the coach to win a title. Fire is gone, panics under pressure, overthinks, overcoaches and is generally soft. The same things that make him a great human - make him a soft, too-content coach.

Seriously. Truth is sometimes hard to hear - but truth is truth.

TD 21
10-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Then you must have amnesia, because we just spoke yesterday, in the thread where you're drooling over Baynes, as if he's the heir apparent to Duncan.

I've said what I had to say. Those that are enlightened and rational, will get it and those that aren't and/or have an automatic bias against everything I say, I'm not going to waste my time even bothering.

You say two minutes as if they were any two minutes. You're either in denial or have a loser mentality . . . either way, you're not worthy of taking up any more of my time.

GrandeDavid
10-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I haven't even thought about the Spurs' Finals performance in months. Now that I am thinking about it, it's no big deal. They gave it a run, did a great job, still got paid ridiculous cash, and now it's a new season. Go Spurs Go! Ready for more entertainment!

RD2191
10-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Then you must have amnesia, because we just spoke yesterday, in the thread where you're drooling over Baynes, as if he's the heir apparent to Duncan.

I've said what I had to say. Those that are enlightened and rational, will get it and those that aren't and/or have an automatic bias against everything I say, I'm not going to waste my time even bothering.

You say two minutes as if they were any two minutes. You're either in denial or have a loser mentality . . . either way, you're not worthy of taking up any more of my time.
Yeah, I was going to reply to him but its pretty pointless. The guy just doesn't seem to get it.

silverblk mystix
10-10-2013, 06:58 PM

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I haven't even thought about the Spurs' Finals performance in months. Now that I am thinking about it, it's no big deal. They gave it a run, did a great job, still got paid ridiculous cash, and now it's a new season. Go Spurs Go! Ready for more entertainment!

Unfortunately the haters in here will claim you have a loser mentality because you are not crying and pining like they are, and because you appear to dismiss it so nonchalantly.
I, and most of us rational die hard fans, understand why you feel the way you do about it and for the most part agree with you.
The truth is the previous season is over with and the new season is upon us, and the future looks pretty bright, not bleak.

benefactor
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
"you are not worthy".................:lol:lol:lmao

benefactor
10-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Great fucking god what a faggot fest this season is going to be if this is where we already are.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Great fucking god what a faggot fest this season is going to be if this is where we already are.

It's beginning to look like we are going to have to suffer all year long or we are awful and terrible fans.
I don't intend to. I intend to enjoy the next Drive To Five!
And I refuse to let the doom and gloom crowd influence me! :lol
:flag:

TE
10-10-2013, 07:12 PM
I've been over the finals loss for quite some time now tho it still sucks to know the title was literally in our grasp. Fuck it, no reason to be emo about. The outcome can't be changed.

I'm really looking forward to Spurs basketball again...it's some of the best the human race has to give tbh.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-10-2013, 07:13 PM

But damn.

I know the feeling, brother.

I still feel the pit-of-stomach nausea now and then, but when I do I think of what an amazing series it was, how incredibly the Spurs played to get there, the way they fought down to the very last minute, and the fact that at 4-0 in Finals before this we were due a gut-punch... and did we ever get one! :depressed

Glad to hear the rest of your world is awesome though! Love to Kori and the kids.

Ruff

PS The bit I keep replaying is the 1st 3 LBJ bricked that came so hard of the backboard/rim that Kawhi, the best rebounder in the series with his gigantic hands, couldn't hold onto it, and up into the air it flew. Then 3 Spurs spoiled each other going for the secondary rebound, Wade came in to knock it away, and we know what happened then. :(

No-one can tell me that somehow Tim would've grabbed that when Kawhi couldn't though, so blaming Pop or anyone else is foolish. We were damned unlucky, and it happens to even the best teams.

TD 21
10-10-2013, 07:13 PM
He has a huge inferiority complex...which leads him to think everyone who disagrees with him is against him and has always been. He's a rich mans version of Kidd K tbh.

:lol Too dumb to realize how hypocritical you are. You run into every thread about this and spew the same bullshit, as if you're going to convert those of us with a brain into your senseless, in denial, loser mentality way of thinking . . . yet I'm the one with an inferiority complex. :rollin

RD2191
10-10-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not gonna drag myself into this shit anymore. :lol

Strategic
10-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Please, can someone start a "mature Spurs fan forum"?

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 07:20 PM

Yes, please.
How old are these whiners?

TE
10-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Yes, please.

Aren't you whining about others whining? Forget it, I don't want to whine about you whining about others whines.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Aren't you whining about others whining? Forget it, I don't want to whine about you whining about others whines.

:lmao

No, actually I am now laughing!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes, please.

12-21, going on 5. The difference is generational. Those of us who are older were taught that losing isn't failure, failure is not learning from your mistakes, whereas the young today see winning as everything and feel a misplaced sense of entitlement to it.

monkeypunk
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Try spursreport, they'll be glad to add you to their 8 users.

TD 21
10-10-2013, 07:43 PM
The obligatory shots at me from the longtime TD 21 haters/closet fans :rollin are expected, but I must say, I'm downright shocked to see so many blatant timvp worshipers defying their god. How dare you!

Add Ruff to the list of those either lying, living in denial, or possessing a loser mentality. I'd say I'm surprised, but then I'd just be lying . . . and for the record, we're both well above the range you listed, especially fat, inbred hick.

benefactor
10-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Rare image of TD21 in his natural setting.

http://www.missionmission.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/cock-shirt.jpg

J.T.
10-10-2013, 07:58 PM
I take solace in the fact that the previous most heartbreaking losses in the Duncan era... .4 and the Manu Foul, were punctuated by championships the following season.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I take solace in the fact that the previous most heartbreaking losses in the Duncan era... .4 and the Manu Foul, were punctuated by championships the following season.

How right you are.
But let's not forget that 2014 is an even numbered year, for those among you who are superstitious.

anakha
10-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Those of us who are older were taught that losing isn't failure, failure is not learning from your mistakes, whereas the young today see winning as everything and feel a misplaced sense of entitlement to it.

A-fucking-men.

Sean Cagney
10-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm not gonna drag myself into this shit anymore. :lol

I agree with you 100%.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Idgaf what anyone says, the Spurs failed. No matter how many times you try to justify it, or how many ways you try to spin in, they failed when it mattered the most. We aren't the Jazz/Warriors/Clippers, the Spurs were supposed to be there and they were supposed to win. Fuck that loser "lucky to be here" mentality.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree with you 100%.
My bad, I had to get that off of my chest. :lol

benefactor
10-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Idgaf what anyone says, the Spurs failed. No matter how many times you try to justify it, or how many ways you try to spin in, they failed when it mattered the most. We aren't the Jazz/Warriors/Clippers, the Spurs were supposed to be there and they were supposed to win. Fuck that loser "lucky to be here" mentality.
:cry

RD2191
10-10-2013, 08:21 PM
:cry
Like I said, I could care less what anyone else thinks. Those are my feelings and I am not going to apologize for them. If anyone disagrees then that is their God given right.

timtonymanu
10-10-2013, 08:23 PM
How right you are.
But let's not forget that 2014 is an even numbered year, for those among you who are superstitious.

The Spurs also lost their first Finals ever so past superstitions are virtually meaningless, in my opinion.

spurs10
10-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Unfortunately the haters in here will claim you have a loser mentality because you are not crying and pining like they are, and because you appear to dismiss it so nonchalantly.
I, and most of us rational die hard fans, understand why you feel the way you do about it and for the most part agree with you.
The truth is the previous season is over with and the new season is upon us, and the future looks pretty bright, not bleak. :tu Yes, it going a season to remember!

FkLA
10-10-2013, 08:53 PM

But damn.

Man up, son. Were winning it all this season tbh.

HI-FI
10-10-2013, 10:14 PM
it's hard to argue with this.

to me, i believe it starts from the top, so Pop brings some great characteristics to the Spurs but also some annoying qualities. He deserves a ton of credit for getting us there but in the end, he fucked up and got exposed to a certain degree.

If we had simply gotten beat badly or run out of the gym, then I would have gotten over it quickly and appreciated the journey. But instead I actually felt we were the better team. I felt that if this series was best of 9,11 etc....we would prevail. Ultimately it's what you do in the time given and the Spurs, though mainly Pop and Manu, made a mess of things. That's the part that sucks, as I truly don't hate either guy and respect what they've done.

Some try to tell others to "get over it", i just simply hope people learn from it or address the issue, especially Pop. I hope it lit a fire under his ass. Maybe taking the team to the Air Force Academy was a way for him to get back to basics, I actually thought it was a cool move on his part.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Add Ruff to the list of those either lying, living in denial, or possessing a loser mentality. I'd say I'm surprised, but then I'd just be lying . . . and for the record, we're both well above the range you listed, especially fat, inbred hick.

Quite frankly, get fucked. I am not a liar, nor am I living in denial (of what exactly?).

As for possessing a "loser mentality", what exactly does that mean? It means that I can accept losing? If so, I'm proud of it - I've done plenty of winning in my life, and also plenty of losing, and I can tell you I learned a lot more from the losing than the winning. Also, without the losing I wouldn't appreciate, savour and be so grateful for the wins when they come along. You, OTOH, sound like a spoiled child.

IMHO, a loser mentality is placing all emphasis on whether you win or lose rather than valuing the process. The Spurs played their hearts out, never gave up, showed incredible courage and persistence in the face of extreme adversity, and lost with honour against a team that was very slightly better than them when it mattered. In the process those two teams gave us the best Finals series in a decade, it's just a pity we got a few bad bounces and they cost us the rings.

A-fucking-men.

At least someone around here knows what I'm talking about. :)

benefactor
10-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Don't bother typing out a serious response to him Ruff. He's a dumbass who tries too hard to be some sort of opinionated rebel. He sounds smart, but his shit only sticks to the wall for those who don't actually think while they are reading it.

racm
10-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Two evenly matched teams and one gets the lucky bounce, and they're crowned prohibitive favorites.

Shows how much sports coverage is "what have you done for me lately".

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-10-2013, 11:25 PM

What people like you don't get is that there are two teams on the court, not to mention the role of pure chance, and that to be beaten is not always the same as "failing".

Let me give you an example. Kawhi Leonard, best rebounder in the series, had the rebound on LBJ's first miss go straight to him, only LBJ had bricked it so badly that Kawhi couldn't hold onto it, even with his gigantic hands. That was sheer bad luck. Even if Timmy was there he would not have been able to grab that board - the shot was just too bad, and it came of the backboard like a rocket. Kawhi did get hands to it though, so the ball then went straight up in the air and 3 Spurs leaped for it, spoiling each other in the process. Meanwhile Dwyane Wade, who was quietly excellent in the clutch, came in from the side and made his most athletic play of the series to tip the ball out to himself. We were unlucky in our desperation, and Wade was superb right when it mattered. That is the nature of sports and life. And you describe that as "failure"!?

Some times you lose through very little fault of your own, and to ignore the other forces at play (the other team, luck) and classify every loss as a "failure" is insulting to the Spurs and all that they leave on the floor to try and make people like you happy.

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Quite frankly, get fucked. I am not a liar, nor am I living in denial (of what exactly?).

As for possessing a "loser mentality", what exactly does that mean? It means that I can accept losing? If so, I'm proud of it - I've done plenty of winning in my life, and also plenty of losing, and I can tell you I learned a lot more from the losing than the winning. Also, without the losing I wouldn't appreciate, savour and be so grateful for the wins when they come along. You, OTOH, sound like a spoiled child.

IMHO, a loser mentality is placing all emphasis on whether you win or lose rather than valuing the process. The Spurs played their hearts out, never gave up, showed incredible courage and persistence in the face of extreme adversity, and lost with honour against a team that was very slightly better than them when it mattered. In the process those two teams gave us the best Finals series in a decade, it's just a pity we got a few bad bounces and they cost us the rings.

Ruff, there really isn't a point explaining to this lot. This is their only way to show their supposed fandom - by being whiny bitches and claiming they'll never be over it - because all the other bullshit they spew has nothing to show in terms of support for the team. Let them.

ElNono
10-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I don't know if "overachieving" is the word, but a lot of things certainly came together for last season's run.

There were a few factors that were far from sure going into the playoffs:
- The team played it's best defense in the middle of the regular season, and dropped a bit at the end. In hindsight you could argue they were coasting to the playoffs, but you really never know until you get there.
- Kawhi missed a bunch of games due to his knee, and you just didn't know if that was going to eventually affect him.
- Kawhi was also on his sophomore season, and while you take whatever he could give you, he really elevated his game, which wasn't a sure thing going in.
- Timmy has looked gassed in previous seasons by the time the playoffs rolled around. This time he looked great.
- Manu had back to back strains, and he only came back in the last game of the regular season.
- Danny was coming from disappearing against OKC in the WCF the season before. This time he mostly keep things together and contributed greatly.
- With Diaw you just didn't know what you were going to get. Fortunately, we had one of the best versions in general.
- I thought the matchups turned out to be favorable, and some stuff helped us, like Westbrook and Curry injuries.

Fact is, most of that stuff came all together. It's stuff you can't assume will always fall like that.

RD2191
10-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Ruff, there really isn't a point explaining to this lot. This is their only way to show their supposed fandom - by being whiny bitches and claiming they'll never be over it - because all the other bullshit they spew has nothing to show in terms of support for the team. Let them.
So Timvp is a whiny bitch?:lol

200 miles
10-11-2013, 12:56 AM
It's needless to say that it is neither here nor there regarding all the pain and anguish stemming from this past June. It's a new, albeit of course long, season and an exciting one at that with many storylines that will surely follow. I've said it once and I'll say it again: I hope that when the playoffs start the Spurs will steamroll through the West en route to a Finals appearance, whether there's controversy involving a questionable win or two or not.
And when Game 1 starts against presumably the Heat, that's when the REAL season starts.

Until that time in June, every time I think of the Spurs and/or the Heat, I think of a certain Godfather of Soul song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istJXUJJP0g

benefactor
10-11-2013, 05:59 AM
I don't know if "overachieving" is the word, but a lot of things certainly came together for last season's run.

- The team played it's best defense in the middle of the regular season, and dropped a bit at the end. In hindsight you could argue they were coasting to the playoffs, but you really never know until you get there.
- Kawhi missed a bunch of games due to his knee, and you just didn't know if that was going to eventually affect him.
- Kawhi was also on his sophomore season, and while you take whatever he could give you, he really elevated his game, which wasn't a sure thing going in.
- Timmy has looked gassed in previous seasons by the time the playoffs rolled around. This time he looked great.
- Manu had back to back strains, and he only came back in the last game of the regular season.
- Danny was coming from disappearing against OKC in the WCF the season before. This time he mostly keep things together and contributed greatly.
- With Diaw you just didn't know what you were going to get. Fortunately, we had one of the best versions in general.
- I thought the matchups turned out to be favorable, and some stuff helped us, like Westbrook and Curry injuries.

Fact is, most of that stuff came all together. It's stuff you can't assume will always fall like that.
The goods. It's seems like finals appearance and being seconds away from five is causing quite a lot of confusion about some of the things the Spurs overcome to even make it back there. If anything the odds were 50/50 and increased as the things you mentioned fell into place.

99 Problems
10-11-2013, 06:31 AM
The East is tough this year. Lets just take care of biz in the West and see where that lands us.

Leetonidas
10-11-2013, 08:58 AM
timvp said he enjoyed his summer and was pretty happy overall with his life. You on the other hand said the Pop ruined your life and sounded like you were about to slit your wrists and leave a blood written suicide note for Popovich :lol

spurs10
10-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Fact is, most of that stuff came all together. It's stuff you can't assume will always fall like that. Yes, a few breaks here and there, can really help. Ask Miami about Tony's hamstring. I like this take as a reminder of what a good season we had. Every season has it's own special qualities and I believe the season ahead will be an intense one. I am certainly more optimistic than I was at the beginning of last year.

Mark in Austin
10-11-2013, 01:58 PM

But damn.

I try to tell myself that game 6 was just basketball karma swinging the other way. Didn't Horry bail the Spurs out in the '05 finals game 5 just as much as Allen did for the Heat in last year's game 6? It still bothers me when I think about it in terms of what it would have meant to Duncan's legacy. But I feel damn good that the Spurs will have the opportunity to make it back to the finals if health issues don't derail them. It remains to be seen if daring Lebron to shoot will be an effective defense the second time around if they do get back though. A couple things in particular still bother me, though:

1. I don't disagree w/ waiving Jack - if he was the source of team disunity he had to go. But it's really a shame. For all his diminished skills, you KNOW he would have hit a couple of the shots Danny Green missed in games 6 & 7. Green was 1-7 & 1-12 in the final two games. I remember he missed a lot of shots, but FUCK. That pretty much cancelled out the first five games he had.

2. From a basketball philosophy perspective, I'm still puzzled by Pop's snearing remark after game 6 when a reporter asked him why they didn't foul when they were up three and (paraphrasing) he responded with 'that's what they do in Europe, real men in the NBA don't do that shit.' What I don't get is Pop has never been shy about exploiting the rules in other ways - hack a Shaq / Dwight for example. How is one of these strategies acceptable by whatever nba manly coaching / playing code he has and the other is beneath him? I want some consistency here in the answers. Own it & admit you fucked up, or get over yourself & admit you were being a hypocrite.

Okay. fully vented. time for next season.

Believe.

Mark in Austin
10-11-2013, 02:28 PM

No guarantee that the tendonosis won't return, either. Elliott's was so bad he had to have surgery.

This year is also anything but a sure thing. Can he carry more of a load to make up for the diminishing skills of the other aging core players? It looks likely, but carrying a team without being highly effective off the dribble is tricky. What is his true ceiling? Poor man's Pippen? A smarter, more heady Shawn Marion? It will be interesting to watch.

Can it happen again? If he's healthy, I like the Spurs chances. If he's not, it's over.

Can Manu adjust his game to his diminished athleticism? If he can't he'll be the ineffective turnover machine we saw at times last year. If he can, he can still be an irreplaceable player for the team.

Until it REALLY mattered. In games 6 & 7 Green shot 2-19 combined. The Spurs 3 & D players have to hit shots, period. True, Green improved overall. Can he make similar strides this next season?

Looks like Diaw is in pretty decent shape again this year. Fingers crossed.

I think the injury that most directly effected the Spurs was David Lee's. If he was healthy, GS wouldn't have played nearly as much small ball that scrambled the Spurs defense.

TheGreatYacht
10-11-2013, 03:23 PM
So according to ElNono & Benefactor, it will be very difficult for the Spurs to win another championship because we had luck on our side. A lot of things happened during the playoffs that made the stars seemed aligned for us but their favorite player Manu played so fking garbage that Pop and Manu nullified all the luck we had. Now I get why these two have this "lets just be grateful that we have 4 tittles." I understand how difficult it is to acknowledge that Manu (Pop to a greater extent) cost us the tittle. :lol

Just what I've been saying all along. The Pop lovers and Manu fanboys are the least hurt about Game 6 and rather move on because the truth would be so painful to them, the exact same reason why Manu was in denial during the offseason with his "so-and-so" self-evaluation.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-11-2013, 03:24 PM
So according to ElNono & Benefactor, it will be very difficult for the Spurs to win another championship because we had luck on our side. A lot of things happened during the playoffs that made the stars seemed aligned for us but their favorite player Manu played so fking garbage that Pop and Manu nullified all the luck we had. Now I get why these two have this "lets just be grateful that we have 4 tittles." I understand how difficult it is to acknowledge that Manu (Pop to a greater extent) cost us the tittle. :lol

Just what I've been saying all along. The Pop lovers and Manu fanboys are the least hurt about Game 6 and rather move on because the truth would be so painful to them, the exact same reason why Manu was in denial during the offseason with his "so-and-so" self-evaluation.

N b4 d banhammah

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2013, 03:49 PM

If that is what you have been saying all along then you are none too bright.

You have a punitive personality that feels the need to assign blame and exact some sort of retribution. Not all people feel like that. I hope that you are not projecting something more deep seated onto us as you shit the bed.

It's just too bad that you also have to do it in such a dumbed down version like the "Popsucker" and "Manutard" nonsense.

benefactor
10-11-2013, 03:58 PM
If that is what you have been saying all along then you are none too bright.

I didn't read his post, but your assessment is correct regardless.

anakha
10-11-2013, 04:51 PM
I can't help but keep spamming the forums with the same old shit

kobyz
10-11-2013, 05:53 PM
2. From a basketball philosophy perspective, I'm still puzzled by Pop's snearing remark after game 6 when a reporter asked him why they didn't foul when they were up three and (paraphrasing) he responded with 'that's what they do in Europe, real men in the NBA don't do that shit.' What I don't get is Pop has never been shy about exploiting the rules in other ways - hack a Shaq / Dwight for example. How is one of these strategies acceptable by whatever nba manly coaching / playing code he has and the other is beneath him? I want some consistency here in the answers. Own it & admit you fucked up, or get over yourself & admit you were being a hypocrite.

TD 21
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM

At least someone around here knows what I'm talking about. :)

Living in denial about whether it still hurts, because the only way it could not, is if you're a casual fan or a liar. You claim you're not the latter and I'm sure you'd claim you're not the former either, so you do the math.

A loser mentality is precisely what you, fat inbred hick and others, have exhibited. Things like "we were close", "we've already won four", "nobody thought they'd be here in (insert time)", etc., is all irrelevant drivel, aka the stuff of losers. The reality is, in the situation they found themselves in, they absolutely, positively should have won. It requires two things you obviously don't possess to admit this: Honestly and . . . wait for it . . . common sense!

ElNono
10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Well, I was also correct when I said some posters were going to be extremely frustrated :lol

kobyz
10-11-2013, 06:13 PM
timvp said he enjoyed his summer and was pretty happy overall with his life. You on the other hand said the Pop ruined your life and sounded like you were about to slit your wrists and leave a blood written suicide note for Popovich :lol

the loss really ruin my life, it's tough to carry on and living with such disappointment, the moment we already had it in our hands winning the title became a story of all or nothing for me... now to keep living is not the same, cause this disappointment is so other level and different kind than all disappointments ever in history of the world, it's the worst disappointment ever, inconsolable kind of disappointment that take away great amount of vitality from you to keep living... now every day my soul is in misery, just like timvp...

RD2191
10-11-2013, 06:26 PM

anakha
10-11-2013, 07:02 PM

*squaaaawk* Won't someone pay attention to me?

*whistle*

HI-FI
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Well, I was also correct when I said some posters were going to be extremely frustrated :lol
that lil nig DPG was correct about the hit on Manu's reputation as well.

benefactor
10-11-2013, 08:23 PM
:cryyou losers should be hurting more:cry
:cryyou are lying if you are not:cry
:crythink like me or you are not a are real fan:cry

elmanutres
10-11-2013, 08:38 PM
the loss really ruin my life, it's tough to carry on and living with such disappointment, the moment we already had it in our hands winning the title became a story of all or nothing for me... now to keep living is not the same, cause this disappointment is so other level and different kind than all disappointments ever in history of the world, it's the worst disappointment ever, inconsolable kind of disappointment that take away great amount of vitality from you to keep living... now every day my soul is in misery, just like timvp...:troll tbh. It's way too dam obvious

benefactor
10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Be sure you hit me with that "fat, inbred hick" insult again when you respond too. I die a little inside every time you say it.

ElNono
10-11-2013, 08:55 PM
that lil nig DPG was correct about the hit on Manu's reputation as well.

I still don't agree with that. But everybody is certainly entitled to their opinions.

siraulo23
10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
well, this season should be fun

no matter how the season ends, it cant be worse than how last season ended right?

therealtruth
10-11-2013, 09:31 PM
It wasn't all luck. There were alot of factors in the Spurs control like the players on the floor and how well they played defense. A defense isn't simply at the mercy of the offense and bounces but can actually make it difficult for the offense to execute what they're trying to do. However, the Spurs missed rotations and were generally out of position on defense. If the Spurs don't make defensive mistakes they close that game out. That's why you don't see something like that happen that often to other teams. If you get in a position like that your defense was probably pretty good so you know how to get defensive stops. Part of the problem is the Spurs had two of their best defenders sitting on the bench.

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I still don't agree with that. But everybody is certainly entitled to their opinions.

That just may be a little too rational for them to accept.

therealtruth
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
I try to tell myself that game 6 was just basketball karma swinging the other way. Didn't Horry bail the Spurs out in the '05 finals game 5 just as much as Allen did for the Heat in last year's game 6? It still bothers me when I think about it in terms of what it would have meant to Duncan's legacy. But I feel damn good that the Spurs will have the opportunity to make it back to the finals if health issues don't derail them. It remains to be seen if daring Lebron to shoot will be an effective defense the second time around if they do get back though. A couple things in particular still bother me, though:

1. I don't disagree w/ waiving Jack - if he was the source of team disunity he had to go. But it's really a shame. For all his diminished skills, you KNOW he would have hit a couple of the shots Danny Green missed in games 6 & 7. Green was 1-7 & 1-12 in the final two games. I remember he missed a lot of shots, but FUCK. That pretty much cancelled out the first five games he had.

Okay. fully vented. time for next season.

Believe.

The reason the backing of Lebron worked is because it took him by surprise and made him uncomfortable. Not because he couldn't shoot. Lebron was one of the best jump shooters in the league.
For great players you can't give them a steady diet of the same defense and expect to not be burned. Pop stuck with it too long and it burned him. You have to be able to change up the defense so the offensive player doesn't get comfortable.

therealtruth
10-11-2013, 10:24 PM

To me it wasn't about luck. It was about the improved defense. We had the best defensive 5 man unit in the NBA in our starting 5. Our offense alone was good enough for good regular seasons but our defense got us back to the Finals.

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Could it be that the Spurs just flat ran out of gas?

ElNono
10-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Not sure where the "it was all luck" schtick came from... Diaw playing well doesn't have to do with luck. Same with playing hard nosed defense.

They're challenges, either individually or as a team they were able to overcome (due to a number of factors). You can't just assume every season they'll be able to. As a matter of fact, a bunch of seasons they have not.

There's also some bit of luck. IIRC, Pop himself said to be a champ you need a little bit of luck too.

So it's not all luck, and it's not all effort. There's a bit of everything, and for a champ a lot of those things have to come all together.

I though the effort was there, perhaps we run out of luck right at the end. All the players can do is work on the effort, the rest you can't control.

Mistakes or not, I thought everybody played hard and played to win. I thought Pop coached to win too (again, despite mistakes you can see in hindsight or not).

That's why personally it sucked, but it didn't sting. I have no regrets on how they approached the playoffs and how they were able to compete. Very proud of that team, even if they couldn't make it to the finish line.

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Not sure where the "it was all luck" schtick came from... Diaw playing well doesn't have to do with luck. Same with playing hard nosed defense.

They're challenges, either individually or as a team they were able to overcome (due to a number of factors). You can't just assume every season they'll be able to. As a matter of fact, a bunch of seasons they have not.

There's also some bit of luck. IIRC, Pop himself said to be a champ you need a little bit of luck too.

So it's not all luck, and it's not all effort. There's a bit of everything, and for a champ a lot of those things have to come all together.

I though the effort was there, perhaps we run out of luck right at the end. All the players can do is work on the effort, the rest you can't control.

Mistakes or not, I thought everybody played hard and played to win. I thought Pop coached to win too (again, despite mistakes you can see in hindsight or not).

That's why personally it sucked, but it didn't sting. I have no regrets on how they approached the playoffs and how they were able to compete. Very proud of that team, even if they couldn't make it to the finish line.

Excellent post!
Unfortunately it won't fly with the hater patrol.

tony77
10-11-2013, 11:01 PM
what's going to suck will be all the times we'll be reminded of those 28 seconds during televised games

kobyz
10-12-2013, 03:48 AM
:troll tbh. It's way too dam obvious

Yeah I'm suddenly became a troll, somthing like 8 years I'm in this site and just now all of a sudden I'm a troll, very rational thinking... tbh you all say troll because you would like to living in denial...

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-12-2013, 04:01 AM
well, this season should be fun

no matter how the season ends, it cant be worse than how last season ended right?

Not really - there is only one way this upcoming season ends better than the last and multiple ways it ends worse.

Leetonidas
10-12-2013, 07:16 AM
It was all luck?? Yeah TP getting injured in the Finals was so lucky! :rolleyes

Capt Bringdown
10-12-2013, 07:50 AM
What's it like to throw away an NBA championship...TWICE? Only Manu knows the answer to that question.

james evans
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
i haven't looked at basketball all summer since game 7. i started to boycott game 7 cuz i really didn't believe we'd win. i may not look at bball for the first month or so. if we get back the finals it's cool, cuz the spurs are still my team(i don't jump from team to team like 90% of current nba "fans"). they'll be my team when they hit the lottery in a few years or so, but popovich screwed us in june. if he and ginobli isn't to blame, then who is?

JRHernandez88
10-12-2013, 01:17 PM
On to the next one...

elmanutres
10-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah I'm suddenly became a troll, somthing like 8 years I'm in this site and just now all of a sudden I'm a troll, very rational thinking... tbh you all say troll because you would like to living in denial...
The fact that you have a picture of tony parker watching the ray allen three as an avatar tells me everything. Who the fuck does that. So depressed over the finals and you chose to use that avatar. Not to mention the fact your username is kobyz and you have "why Pop why, why Manu why, why Pop why..." as a sig. And still, like 4 months later still making emo posts. You are just some troll just rubbing it our faces.
And if you truly are not a troll (which I doubt), get...the...fuck...over it.

anakha
10-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Troll or not, kobyz deliberately makes a mockery out of a genuine problem in society: depression and suicidal thoughts.

Because of that, he is lower than pond scum and should be beaten senseless for it.

TheGreatYacht
10-12-2013, 11:57 PM
What's it like to throw away an NBA championship...TWICE? Only Manu knows the answer to that question.Or maybe THREE? The Derek Fisher shot?

i haven't looked at basketball all summer since game 7. i started to boycott game 7 cuz i really didn't believe we'd win. i may not look at bball for the first month or so. if we get back the finals it's cool, cuz the spurs are still my team(i don't jump from team to team like 90% of current nba "fans"). they'll be my team when they hit the lottery in a few years or so, but popovich screwed us in june. if he and ginobli isn't to blame, then who is? Exactly. They fucked up the most therefore they are mostly responsible like I've been saying all along.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Or maybe THREE? The Derek Fisher shot?
Exactly. They fucked up the most therefore they are mostly responsible like I've been saying all along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zhDrzorXs

fuck the haters.. we don't WIN 3 without him

Sean Cagney
10-13-2013, 12:07 AM
The fact that you have a picture of tony parker watching the ray allen three as an avatar tells me everything. Who the fuck does that. So depressed over the finals and you chose to use that avatar. Not to mention the fact your username is kobyz and you have "why Pop why, why Manu why, why Pop why..." as a sig. And still, like 4 months later still making emo posts. You are just some troll just rubbing it our faces.
Plus his name, KOBYZ? He is obviously an LA fan as I said before and a Kobe fan. Either that just a retarded KOBE fan which some LA fans are. He is a troll and likes to try and stir things up IMO. I agree with you fully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8zhDrzorXs

fuck the haters.. we don't WIN 3 without him
Yes he helped out alot! We sure as hell don't win without Tim or Tony either, hell BRUCE and Horry for one of those! I agree he was a huge part of a few runs though! But you can say we would not win so and so without so and so over and over. It's a team game! Some shine in key moments though and he has for some time! Last year he sucked though (Not all the time but alot) and was horrible in the finals pretty much, outside of that Manu is the FUCKING MAN! He is my third fave Spur ever.

elmanutres
10-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Or maybe THREE? The Derek Fisher shot?
.4 was just a one in a million shot. manu had nothing to do with that

FuzzyLumpkins
10-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Exactly. They fucked up the most therefore they are mostly responsible like I've been saying all along.

:lol most responsible.

you must be a joy to know in reality where you can actually act on this punitive need of yours.

kobyz
10-13-2013, 01:59 AM

that's the most emotional, sad, painful picture ever, i use it as monument to the biggest tragedy of all time... and i'm not depressed, i'm hurt, not every hurt is depression, my hurt is much more larger, deeper and real than depression...
my username is kobyz cause that is my real name, not only that lakers star has that name "Kobe" over the world, if you didn't know...
i'm not emo and not making emo posts, emo should be someone who is freak that act overemotionally, i'm not a freak and my act is not overemotionally, my act is fitting the situation...
by you saying "get...the...fuck...over it" i suspect you not a true Spurs fan, cause what happened is not somthing that you can even think on getting over, ask timvp...

Sean Cagney
10-13-2013, 02:11 AM
that's the most emotional, sad, painful picture ever, i use it as monument to the biggest tragedy of all time... and i'm not depressed, i'm hurt, not every hurt is depression, my hurt is much more larger, deeper and real than depression...
my username is kobyz cause that is my real name, not only that lakers star has that name "Kobe" over the world, if you didn't know...
i'm not emo and not making emo posts, emo should be someone who is freak that act overemotionally, i'm not a freak and my act is not overemotionally, my act is fitting the situation...
by you saying "get...the...fuck...over it" i suspect you not a true Spurs fan, cause what happened is not somthing that you can even think on getting over, ask timvp...
Would you stfu already you bitch, real life is out here.... Real shit going on and a world outside of a fucking game. TIMVP said life to him has never been better right now, you are acting like your life is over from a fucking game! You emo bitch man up and grow a dick already and move on.

LOL a true SPURS fan pointing him out, guess our lives are supposed to end now because of a game and we should suffer forever and ever from this shit? Get real you jerk and grow up some, get a fucking life.

kobyz
10-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Would you stfu already you bitch, real life is out here.... Real shit going on and a world outside of a fucking game. TIMVP said life to him has never been better right now, you are acting like your life is over from a fucking game! You emo bitch man up and grow a dick already and move on.

LOL a true SPURS fan pointing him out, guess our lives are supposed to end now because of a game and we should suffer forever and ever from this shit? Get real you jerk and grow up some, get a fucking life.

:sleep

anakha
10-13-2013, 02:33 AM

*squaaaawk* Won't someone sympathize or agree with me? Please?

*whistle*

elmanutres
10-13-2013, 03:28 AM
by you saying "get...the...fuck...over it" i suspect you not a true Spurs fan, cause what happened is not somthing that you can even think on getting over, ask timvp... so now you are saying i'm not a true spurs fan? fuck you dude. I've been to the 1999 river parade when i was 5 years old, seen them hoist 4 titles, been through the tough times like .4, manu foul and 28 seconds, and you have the nerve to tell me i'm not a true spurs fan cause i'm not making sad posts everyday? Fuck you. You think I'm not mad about what happened in the finals? I think about that shit at the most random times. I think about it almost everyday. I get mad if they replay it on nbatv. It never goes away. By get over it i meant to stop letting it get in the way in your life. At the end of the day it's a sport. You wanna know what happened in San Antonio the day after game 7? we moved on, everyone went back to work and life continued. There's more important things in life. If you think game 6 is "the biggest tragedy of all time" you must not live life much. That quote is a disgusting overstatement compared to shit that happens in the real non-sports world, and even then it's not even the worst loss in sports history. I agree what timvp said, but i'm sure he's doing other things instead of making sad posts everyday.

admiralsnackbar
10-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Dude, we're all fans (and Kobyz a freakshow) but don't talk about knowing hard times when your entire life has been covered by the aegis of Duncan's career. Perennial contention is not hard times. Cellar-dwelling is.

elmanutres
10-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Dude, we're all fans (and Kobyz a freakshow) but don't talk about knowing hard times when your entire life has been covered by the aegis of Duncan's career. Perennial contention is not hard times. Cellar-dwelling is.

That is true. We have it good. Something kobyz can't seem to understand. The point is I'm still a fan after 28 seconds and will be if we bounce lottery balls for 10 years straight

kobyz
10-13-2013, 04:11 AM
so now you are saying i'm not a true spurs fan? fuck you dude. I've been to the 1999 river parade when i was 5 years old, seen them hoist 4 titles, been through the tough times like .4, manu foul and 28 seconds, and you have the nerve to tell me i'm not a true spurs fan cause i'm not making sad posts everyday? Fuck you. You think I'm not mad about what happened in the finals? I think about that shit at the most random times. I think about it almost everyday. I get mad if they replay it on nbatv. It never goes away. By get over it i meant to stop letting it get in the way in your life. At the end of the day it's a sport. You wanna know what happened in San Antonio the day after game 7? we moved on, everyone went back to work and life continued. There's more important things in life. If you think game 6 is "the biggest tragedy of all time" you must not live life much. That quote is a disgusting overstatement compared to shit that happens in the real non-sports world, and even then it's not even the worst loss in sports history. I agree what timvp said, but i'm sure he's doing other things instead of making sad posts everyday.

at first you sounded like someone that the loss and what happened doesn't bother him so much, now you statrting to sound a little different, that you indeed experience the pain, but still i think what you describe in this post suitable more to a 0.4 or Manu foul type disappointments, but the last disappointment is on a way other level, somthing you can't move on from, somthing that is most cruel life can be...

anakha
10-13-2013, 06:22 AM
emo parrot with the same old shit

Leetonidas
10-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Yep, one of the cruelest things in life is your team losing a ball game, not the daily global occurrences of, you know, rape, murder, torture, starvation, etc. Nope, losing a basketball game is so much more cruel than anything imaginable

Prime Time
10-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Does this seriously have 8 pages? :lol It's just another emo 6 thread. Timvp or not (No offense) it was the past, we can all move on. I already have. Let's get amped for another season of NBA Basketball

kobyz
10-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Yep, one of the cruelest things in life is your team losing a ball game, not the daily global occurrences of, you know, rape, murder, torture, starvation, etc. Nope, losing a basketball game is so much more cruel than anything imaginable

no, being on the verge of heaven, to have unmatched and the most amazing joy already placing in your hands and than all slipp away in the most heartbreaking, unacceptable, sad way, that is one of the cruelest things in life... it's a psychological thing even if image wise it's not seems the most cruel, but it is...

xmas1997
10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
no, being on the verge of heaven, to have unmatched and the most amazing joy already placing in your hands and than all slipp away in the most heartbreaking, unacceptable, sad way, that is one of the cruelest things in life... it's a psychological thing even if image wise it's not seems the most cruel, but it is...

Total BS.
We have your number!
You are no real Spurs fan.
Real Spurs fans do not act like you at all, we have more class than that. You give Spur fans a bad name, you should be ashamed of yourself, troll!
Why haven't you offed yourself yet?

Kobyz = :troll
&
TGY = :troll

Prime Time
10-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Look on the bright side Spursfan.

My neighbor Sarah is still cute :toast

davidbowie
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I feel u kobyz. Even if no one else does. Pain and suffering is all relative anyway. The spurs are the only thing I have in this dump of a world and they pissed on my head while evil prevailed.

anakha
10-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Still attention whoring.

spursfan1000
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
i just watched the play when duncan slapped the floor,dam.

Leetonidas
10-13-2013, 06:25 PM

You really need to get laid dude

xmas1997
10-13-2013, 11:04 PM
He can't be for real.
No one could be that obtuse!

hsxvvd
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Fuck NBA TV and the Heat Championship film.... I could only watch about 3 minutes.

I think only a championship will heal these wounds.

wildcardX
10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
You really need to get laid dude

:lol Chugging down a Monster energy drink when I read this, it was painful.

Yuixafun
10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Of course the worst part about this is that Timmy didn't get his 5th ring...

But right on the heels of that is... Lebron James becoming exalted.

The game ends like it "should have" and Lebron's scoring barrage after losing his headband loses it's luster, becomes a footnote, in the wake of Parker's final promise fulfilling flurry ... Spurs keep the perfect in Finals appearances, the Odd year Championship trend continues Tim Duncan's first half play will never be forgotten and everyone is laughing at Lebron's air ball heave in the closing moments, that cements his status as a nail biter.

Actually I'm sure that's what happened, except that someone went back in time and altered the course of destiny and now we're living in this shadow universe.

Ice009
10-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Fuck NBA TV and the Heat Championship film.... I could only watch about 3 minutes.

I think only a championship will heal these wounds.

Can't watch any of this shit, especially since I still think we were the better team and handed them the Championship. It's going to suck seeing them show bits and pieces of those games, over and over during the season. That doesn't matter though, the more they play it, the more motivated the Spurs will be. It's just going to keep fueling us to get back there and win it.

rogues
10-29-2013, 10:11 AM
:lmao, tbh..

spurraider21
10-29-2013, 01:10 PM
people here acting like they dont gaf is hilarious. the fact that you spend your free time on a spurs forum to discuss the team tells me you are more emotionally invested in them than the average fan

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
people here acting like they dont gaf is hilarious. the fact that you spend your free time on a spurs forum to discuss the team tells me you are more emotionally invested in them than the average fan

As you get older and wiser, you don't grieve as much over outcomes that you have no say in whatsoever. Was i disappointed initially, yes, but....

Is there any person here who could have prevented Manu's 8 turnovers, Parker's 6-23 shooting, Neal's Defensive incompetents, Pop's decision to sit Duncan on not one but both of the last two possessions.

I love the Spurs, but I have learned through life experiences, you need to invest your emotion's into things you actually can change and actually do have a say in the outcomes.

benefactor
10-29-2013, 04:47 PM
I gave a fuck for a couple days or so, but after that I moved on. I'm not going to sit here and re-live what could have been over and over in my mind and snot all over my pillow like some heartbroken teenager.

Holden_Caulfield
10-29-2013, 05:01 PM
im over it tbh

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 05:29 PM
It's ancient history. Not going to lose any sleep over a bunch of millionaires losing a championship.

Darius Bieber
10-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Just pissed that the NBA is having the Spurs playing opening night.... It's not like they were 20 seconds away from a 2013 title or anything..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Of course the worst part about this is that Timmy didn't get his 5th ring...

But right on the heels of that is... Lebron James becoming exalted.

The game ends like it "should have" and Lebron's scoring barrage after losing his headband loses it's luster, becomes a footnote, in the wake of Parker's final promise fulfilling flurry ... Spurs keep the perfect in Finals appearances, the Odd year Championship trend continues Tim Duncan's first half play will never be forgotten and everyone is laughing at Lebron's air ball heave in the closing moments, that cements his status as a nail biter.

Actually I'm sure that's what happened, except that someone went back in time and altered the course of destiny and now we're living in this shadow universe.

hater
10-29-2013, 05:56 PM

looks to me nobody here has gotten over the greatest and most painful NBA Finals loss in history yet... :lol

spurraider21
10-29-2013, 06:02 PM
kobyz is obviously a troll account... surprised people haven't caught on

RD2191
10-29-2013, 06:53 PM
motha fukin truth bomb

Spurs7794
10-29-2013, 06:54 PM

The only reason I'm not sure about this is because he has legit posts in other threads (maybe one or two) which seems like more work than a troll would be willing to do. Plus, its more enjoyable for me to believe that the world has emo people like him in it than a troll who would pretend to be emo.

And yeah it still hurts....this should be our ring ceremony right now.

vander
10-29-2013, 06:59 PM
basketball is DEAD TO MEEE!!!!!

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Oh, I have, I have. But the irony is he calls me a troll, he and DMC and TGY. Go figure! :lol

dallasmaverickslose
10-30-2013, 12:56 AM
Oh, I have, I have. But the irony is he calls me a troll, he and DMC and TGY. Go figure! :lol

That's how I am sold that he is in fact a troll.

justinandimcool
10-30-2013, 01:19 AM
It still hurts, but it won't hurt as bad as when the Spurs get eliminated in 2014. Right now is the year of redemption. There is hope. There is anger. There is that belief that we should've been champions, so we're gonna get that 2014 trophy that belongs to us anyway.

When the Spurs get eliminated, what are we going to have left? Tim will be going on 39, there will be no chip on their shoulder next season.

dallasmaverickslose
10-30-2013, 01:22 AM
It still hurts, but it won't hurt as bad as when the Spurs get eliminated in 2014. Right now is the year of redemption. There is hope. There is anger. There is that belief that we should've been champions, so we're gonna get that 2014 trophy that belongs to us anyway.

When the Spurs get eliminated, what are we going to have left? Tim will be going on 39, there will be no chip on their shoulder next season.

'till the wheels fall off :flag:

Brazil
12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
:cry it still hurts :cry
:cry timvp MIA :cry
:cry we lost against pacers :cry
:cry back from deployment :cry
:cry thank for your service :cry
:cry danny green sucks :cry
:cry our fifth big sucks we are doomed :cry
:cry let's tank :cry
:cry duncan is done :cry
:cry parker hero ball :cry
:cry manu :cry
:cry kawi is not the next LBJ :cry

BillMc
12-09-2013, 03:59 PM
:cry it still hurts :cry
:cry timvp MIA :cry
:cry we lost against pacers :cry
:cry back from deployment :cry
:cry thank for your service :cry
:cry danny green sucks :cry
:cry our fifth big sucks we are doomed :cry
:cry let's tank :cry
:cry duncan is done :cry
:cry parker hero ball :cry
:cry manu :cry
:cry kawi is not the next LBJ :cry

A pretty good summary of Spurstalk these days.

Skull-1
12-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Second round exit this year. Save it for the bump.