PDA

View Full Version : Determination

spurs10
10-10-2013, 02:19 PM
It was great to come home and read timvp's "Random Thoughts" once again, and move forward at long last. I then read "It Still Hurts" and definitely got it. I was glad to see the positive feeling at the end of the game though. I suppose many of us are bigger fans than most or we wouldn't be here. It's easy to understand how the rational thoughts of 'it's just a game' don't quite take away the lingering pain. I found myself trying to find the silver lining in the loss for days on end. Our past misfortunes seemed small comparably, even though we went much further. Having never lost a Finals, it was something none of us had experienced before. At the end of the day that is where the silver lining lies. I have come to believe that we are going to witness a season of basketball unlike any we've witnessed in the Tim Duncan era. I think this team will be the most driven team in Spurs history. We might not have everything fall in place and get another shot at the championship, but it won't be for lack of determination. I think every game will be another step toward redemption. We've always had a passionate, hard working team, but never one with this kind of motivation. It's different than years we tried to repeat. It's different from anything we have ever experienced. I concur with timvp that "this'll be a fun season." It will also have an underlying edge, drive, and determination that will be palpable. Go Spurs!! :ihit :flag:

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
It was great to come home and read timvp's "Random Thoughts" once again, and move forward at long last. I then read "It Still Hurts" and definitely got it. I was glad to see the positive feeling at the end of the game though. I suppose many of us are bigger fans than most or we wouldn't be here. It's easy to understand how the rational thoughts of 'it's just a game' don't quite take away the lingering pain. I found myself trying to find the silver lining in the loss for days on end. Our past misfortunes seemed small comparably, even though we went much further. Having never lost a Finals, it was something none of us had experienced before. At the end of the day that is where the silver lining lies. I have come to believe that we are going to witness a season of basketball unlike any we've witnessed in the Tim Duncan era. I think this team will be the most driven team in Spurs history. We might not have everything fall and place and get another shot at the championship, but it won't be for lack of determination. I think every game will be another step toward redemption. We've always had a passionate, hard working team, but never one with this kind of motivation. It's different than years we tried to repeat. It's different from anything we have ever experienced. I concur with timvp that "this'll be a fun season." It will also have an underlying edge, drive, and determination that will be palpable. Go Spurs!! :ihit :flag:

Great post!:flag:

barakz21
10-10-2013, 02:35 PM
My only problem with this post is the one super long paragraph, and that's just nitpicking. :wakeup

Seriously though, amazing post man. THIS should be the mindset of us Spursfans entering this season. A lot of teams only dream about being IN the finals, we've been there 5 times and won 4. We should never overlook that.

look_at_g_shred
10-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Very proud of our team last year. Looking forward to this year.

xmas1997
10-10-2013, 02:50 PM
My only problem with this post is the one super long paragraph, and that's just nitpicking. :wakeup

Seriously though, amazing post man. THIS should be the mindset of us Spursfans entering this season. A lot of teams only dream about being IN the finals, we've been there 5 times and won 4. We should never overlook that.

Yeah, it seems like so many just Take For Granted the four championships, like they never happened, and adopt this "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" attitude, or even more idiotic claim we are living in the past!
That sucks! That is why I say bandwagon fans.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48-tcRiBNj4

spurs10
10-10-2013, 03:06 PM

Seriously though, amazing post man. THIS should be the mindset of us Spursfans entering this season. A lot of teams only dream about being IN the finals, we've been there 5 times and won 4. We should never overlook that. Thanks man. Agree, we've been blessed. I truly believe we are in for quite a ride. :toast My computer strangely will not allow me to indent when I'm on here ...??

look_at_g_shred
10-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks man. Agree, we've been blessed. I truly believe we are in for quite a ride. :toast My computer strangely will not allow me to indent when I'm on here ...??
Try to line break

spurs10
10-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Try to line break That'll probably work next time...or throw the pos in the river was my other thought!:pctoss

spurs10
10-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Great post!:flag: Thanks xmas1997! I appreciate your enthusiasm for the future. Last season is done, either the Spurs will use it for motivation or they won't. I believe we are agreed on the former. :flag::flag::flag:

elmanutres
10-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Its moment like these that separate the real fans from the fake ones. So far the fake ones have been exposed. But the real fans will get a treat at the end.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Is there a real fan guide book or something?:lol

Interrohater
10-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Is there a real fan guide book or something?:lol

Yes, you get it during Fiesta with a coupon for a carne guisada plate at Pico De Gallo. :wakeup

spurs10
10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Yes, you get it during Fiesta with a coupon for a carne guisada plate at Pico De Gallo. :wakeup

Sounds good, address? Wait a minute, I thought you could only get good Mexican food in the valley!!??
Nevermind!!

spurs10
10-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Its moment like these that separate the real fans from the fake ones. So far the fake ones have been exposed. But the real fans will get a treat at the end.
I don't think the fans that are really pissed off are "fake" fans. My point is that it's not over yet. You know, "never underestimate the heart of a champion."

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Sounds good, address? Wait a minute, I thought you could only get good Mexican food in the valley!!??
Nevermind!!

:lmao

I don't think the fans that are really pissed off are "fake" fans. My point is that it's not over yet. You know, "never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Too rational. :lol
That will never fly. :lol

elmanutres
10-11-2013, 10:20 PM
I don't think the fans that are really pissed off are "fake" fans. My point is that it's not over yet. You know, "never underestimate the heart of a champion." What i originally meant is that the people left after the finals are the real fans. Everyone that has jumped ship are the fake ones. Alot of us our mad but that is normal.

spurs10
10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
:lmao

Too rational. :lol
That will never fly. :lol You are probably right!

What i originally meant is that the people left after the finals are the real fans. Everyone that has jumped ship are the fake ones. Alot of us our mad but that is normal. Yeah I agree. It's going to be an amazing season. Can't wait for Sunday! :flag: