PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Magic Johnson leaves ESPN NBA studio; Doris Burke joins

hooperflash
10-10-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/10/10/magic-johnson-espn-leaving/2960031/

Basketball Hall of Famer Magic Johnson said Thursday he is leaving his job as an NBA analyst for ESPN. Veteran broadcaster Doris Burke will join NBA Countdown in a different capacity, ESPN announced.

"I don't feel confident that I can continue to devote the time needed to thrive in my role," Johnson said in a news release.

Johnson, who is also part of the group that owns the Los Angeles Dodgers and runs his business empire, said in a statement that he loves ESPN but that his schedule and other commitments prevent him from continuing in his role, primarily on ESPN's NBA Countdown.

Johnson's agent, Lon Rosen, refuted a Deadspin report that said Johnson abruptly left the show because of colleague Bill Simmons' growing influence over the show and Michael Wilbon's diminished role in NBA coverage, which included Doug Collins replacing Wilbon on NBA Countdown.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/10/10/magic-johnson-espn-leaving/2960031/

thunderup
10-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Thank god Aids is gone yall.

Thebesteva
10-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Worst analyst ever

RD2191
10-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Magic is a clown, wasn't he saying the Lakers were going to upset the Spurs?:lmao

Clipper Nation
10-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Simmons and his nails-on-chalkboard voice needs to follow Magic out the door, tbh....

Arnold Toht
10-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Lateral move.

Joseph Kony
10-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Murdering Dr. Buss with his AIDS :lol

lefty
10-10-2013, 05:50 PM
lol Boris Durke

DJR210
10-10-2013, 05:55 PM
I guess he needs some time to deal with the AIDS. Best wishes to you Magic.

Worst analyst ever

Worse than belly button tatted Reggie Miller?

UZER
10-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Swapping one gay for another.

Findog
10-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Sounds to me like Magic Johnson has an Acquired Intense Dislike for Simmons

UZER
10-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Sounds to me like Magic Johnson has an Acquired Intense Dislike for Simmons

Why? Because Simmons didn't blindly kiss Laker ass?

anakha
10-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Simmons, Jalen, Burke and Collins will probably be better than the shitshow ESPN had out last season.

Wilbon was a Magic asskisser of the highest order and Magic himself was a worse analyst than even Reggie Miller.

Collins is at least knowledgeable and if Burke doesn't say anything the whole season, she's already an upgrade over Wilbon. For all the (justified) flack Simmons gets for his writing, he at least knows how to host a show (his podcasts are generally OK) and he and Jalen can be entertaining together.

Thebesteva
10-10-2013, 09:53 PM
For some odd reason, Magic always liked bashing Kobe. It's like his "I'm unbiased" shtick so lets talk shit about Kobe. I have Magic well above Kobe in the top 10 list, but as an analyst he tries too hard to prove he's anti Lakers.

Clipper Nation
10-10-2013, 09:57 PM
For some odd reason, Magic always liked bashing Kobe. It's like his "I'm unbiased" shtick so lets talk shit about Kobe. I have Magic well above Kobe in the top 10 list, but as an analyst he tries too hard to prove he's anti Lakers.
:lol Magic has called Kirby the greatest Laker ever and predicted that the Lakers would beat the Spurs these past playoffs, what else does he have to do to prove his outrageous Laker homerism? Then again, you call every obvious Laker homer in the media "anti-Lakers" as part of your schtick, tbh....

UZER
10-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Lets not forget Magic was scared for the Miami Heat.

Thebesteva
10-10-2013, 11:18 PM
:lol Magic has called Kirby the greatest Laker ever and predicted that the Lakers would beat the Spurs these past playoffs, what else does he have to do to prove his outrageous Laker homerism? Then again, you call every obvious Laker homer in the media "anti-Lakers" as part of your schtick, tbh....

You're too biased man...it's impossible to even have a normal basketball conversation with you. Magic Johnson is NOTORIOUSLY known for bashing Kobe and the Lakers. Then again, you're just a 22 year old Korean bandwagoner fan named Fang Tu Soe and would suck the black off Lebron's dick if you ever got the chance.

racm
10-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Worst analyst ever

Can't spell analyst without anal, tbh

Also, who did Burke have to sleep with to get the job?

Clipper Nation
10-10-2013, 11:24 PM
You're too biased man...it's impossible to even have a normal basketball conversation with you. Magic Johnson is NOTORIOUSLY known for bashing Kobe and the Lakers. Then again, you're just a 22 year old Korean bandwagoner fan named Fang Tu Soe and would suck the black off Lebron's dick if you ever got the chance.
:lol If anyone in the media takes a 5-second break from sucking the black off Kirby's dick, you melt down and call them "anti-Lakers" and "Kobe bashers," tbh...

racm
10-10-2013, 11:32 PM
:lol If anyone in the media takes a 5-second break from sucking the black off Kirby's dick, you melt down and call them "anti-Lakers" and "Kobe bashers," tbh...
Besteva isn't even the worst Lakerfan to do that.

AchillesHeel
10-10-2013, 11:39 PM
You know you're a bad analyst when Doris Burke's considered an upgrade over you.

:lol Lakers will upset the Spurs in the first round

HI-FI
10-10-2013, 11:42 PM
hope it's not HIV or buttslamming related.

Sean Cagney
10-10-2013, 11:47 PM
lol Boris Durke

I agree fully on this here, she sucks.

racm
10-10-2013, 11:50 PM
I'd tap det after a six-pack, tbh

Thebesteva
10-10-2013, 11:51 PM

I'm not really a pro Kobe kinda guy, I really respect him and a fan of his game. But overall, I am a Laker fan. It could be worst, I could be a Clipper fan who latches on to Lebron so I can get a glimpse of what victory would feel like.

TDMVPDPOY
10-10-2013, 11:57 PM
this guy talks a load of shit

The Reckoning
10-11-2013, 12:42 AM
lol magic basically saying "im leaving because i suck"

racm
10-11-2013, 12:45 AM
lol magic basically saying "im leaving because i suck"

Suck... what?

TDMVPDPOY
10-11-2013, 12:56 AM
is walton coming back? walton sarcasm alot but he doesnt talk shit

Roger Freemason Jr.
10-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Doris Burke makes my penis soft.

DMC
10-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Shitty take vs ignorant, emotional dramatic take.

DMC
10-11-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm not really a pro Kobe kinda guy, I really respect him and a fan of his game. But overall, I am a Laker fan. It could be worst, I could be a Clipper fan who latches on to Lebron so I can get a glimpse of what victory would feel like.

Overall you're a faggot.

Thebesteva
10-11-2013, 02:08 AM
OP here....gonna leave ST after game 6 and go listen to 30 seconds to mars :'(

Fabbs
10-11-2013, 07:19 AM
:lol Magic has called Kirby the greatest Laker ever ...
He did?!
Did he clarify what (in his opinion) *greatest* was supposed to mean?

Good riddance to his shitty commentary.

Killakobe81
10-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Simmons, Jalen, Burke and Collins will probably be better than the shitshow ESPN had out last season.

Wilbon was a Magic asskisser of the highest order and Magic himself was a worse analyst than even Reggie Miller.

Collins is at least knowledgeable and if Burke doesn't say anything the whole season, she's already an upgrade over Wilbon. For all the (justified) flack Simmons gets for his writing, he at least knows how to host a show (his podcasts are generally OK) and he and Jalen can be entertaining together.

I agree Jalen and Simmons have great rapport but both suck as TV analysts. Podcast is quite diffrent than hosting a half-time show. ESPN really needs to do better if they gonna keep that contract. Although bland, even NBATV is better ... ESPN they are in 3rd place

1. TNT

2. NBATV

3. ESPN

UZER
10-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I agree Jalen and Simmons have great rapport but both suck as TV analysts. Podcast is quite diffrent than hosting a half-time show. ESPN really needs to do better if they gonna keep that contract. Although bland, even NBATV is better ... ESPN they are in 3rd place

1. TNT

2. NBATV

3. ESPN

Agree, Although Shaq has ruined the TNT formula. He thinks he smarter, talks over everyone, and constantly interrupts them when they try to make a point with his, "STOP IT!....STOP IT!....STOP IT!"

baseline bum
10-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Now if only TNT could dump Shaq's dead weight.

anakha
10-11-2013, 01:15 PM

1. TNT

2. NBATV

3. ESPN

Well, I said they'd be better, but I didn't say they'd be good. :p:

Killakobe81
10-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Now if only TNT could dump Shaq's dead weight.

agreed. Shaq makes Cwebb seem like Bob Costas ... Thing was thought Shaq would be funny ... he is not. Maybe he should do a Rappin' shaq bit ...

Baseline
10-11-2013, 07:16 PM
As horrible as Magic is...ESPN really thinks Doris Burke is an improvement? You cannot have an unattractive woman as a panelist on your show. It doesn't work that way. Giving Doris Burke more camera time is really unthinkable.

JohnnyMax
10-12-2013, 05:49 PM
They should ve gotten Sage Steele. The hot black chick that flirts with Jalen Rose.