PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Patty Thrills

benfti
10-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Last nights game was a perfect case study of the best and worst of Patty. I'm not asking the question of do we trade him. What I'm saying is do we develop him? Get in a Gary Payton type to work with him or accept him for what he is, a micro shooting guard somewhere between Aaron brooks and a poor mans Allen iverson. In which case is he buried down the bench or is he used in spurts for offense much like Neal was last season?

so many questions.

RD2191
10-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Patty Mills is a situation player and a bad one at that. He is supposed to provide instant offense of off the bench but he sucks at that. He can't make a shot during a meaningful game.

mudyez
10-10-2013, 06:51 PM
I'd think he is the relief-TP in case Parker needs to sit out some games (with or without an injury) or gets extended breaks in blowouts.
Don't expect him to log meaningfull minutes in the playoffs. We have better options with Manu/Belinelli lineups.

He is what he is, but thats not nessesarly a bad thing.

benfti
10-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Patty Mills is a situation player and a bad one at that. He is supposed to provide instant offense of off the bench but he sucks at that. He can't make a shot during a meaningful game.

Except last night, where he scored 7 points in OT including the game winner

RD2191
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Bro, it was pre-season game 1. What part of meaningful did you not understand?

Sean Cagney
10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Give him a towel to wave?

look_at_g_shred
10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Put him in when Belli and or Manu are in a shooting slump.

koriwhat
10-10-2013, 07:43 PM
mills on wheels! he delivers!

btw, don't steal my nickname/slogan!

PlayNando
10-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Last nights game was a perfect case study of the best and worst of Patty. I'm not asking the question of do we trade him. What I'm saying is do we develop him? Get in a Gary Payton type to work with him or accept him for what he is, a micro shooting guard somewhere between Aaron brooks and a poor mans Allen iverson. In which case is he buried down the bench or is he used in spurts for offense much like Neal was last season?

so many questions.
Trade him for cash and some 2nd round picks.

Nando is more than capable of playing backup PG with Cojo acting as an emergency reserve.

HI-FI
10-10-2013, 11:52 PM
no doubt the Aborigine offers great energy from the bench and instant offense from the court. He's a Spurs favorite, but I'd like to see another season til I know what to do with him. I wish we could combine our backup PGs Voltron styles, take the passing from Nando, the ballsy shooting from Mills and D from CoJo, but alas, not possible. Hopefully this season provides improvement and a clear winner.

mystargtr34
10-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Lol the Aborigine.

ElNono
10-11-2013, 12:16 AM
give that man a towel...

Roger Freemason Jr.
10-11-2013, 01:08 AM
The real question is "what to do with Corey Joseph?" He had a bad game last night, I'm hoping to see more from him throughout the preseason.

chapnis
10-11-2013, 05:27 AM
I dunno, I don't mind having him as 3rd PG, especially if used alongside Belinelli and Manu Ginobili, meaning he won't have to be making plays.

Just get rid of De Colo, dude has never shown any ability.

Spur|n|Austin
10-11-2013, 08:05 AM

What type of situation would that be?

superbigtime
10-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Love the towel waiving but Spurs should have let Towel Mills go. Our backup PGs are all seriously flawed. I would take Luke Ridnour over any of Mills, Nando, and CoJo. And that's not a good thing.

Spursfanfromafar
10-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Patty is a nice shooter and a change of pace option.. when the opponent tires and either the Spurs are trailing by a bit or leading by a bit.. he is the best option on the floor.

The Reckoning
10-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Lol the Aborigine.

dating a white girl. sorrrrrrrry.

spurraider21
10-11-2013, 11:45 AM
i don't understand why he picked up his player's option. i mean i'm glad he did. he's great to have at the bottom end of your bench. but he's not getting playing time, and who in the world is going to throw a contract at him after another year full of inactives?