PDA

View Full Version : I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Pages : [1] 2

JoeChalupa
10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes I do and I dont mind the naysayers and their jabs, jokes, insults, mocking, threads, etc. For my faith is strong and will not be shaken and know I am not alone. I will pray for all when I attend Mass today. Now, back to my Spiderman movie.

clambake
10-11-2013, 11:43 AM
you catholic?

clambake
10-11-2013, 11:44 AM
uh oh

Clipper Nation
10-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Good for you, no need to condescendingly "pray for" people who prefer to believe in science, logic, and reason, though....

Spur|n|Austin
10-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Good for you, no need to condescendingly "pray for" people who prefer to believe in science, logic, and reason, though....

Creepn
10-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Don't say that if you aren't going to do the same.

Blake
10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Yes I do and I dont mind the naysayers and their jabs, jokes, insults, mocking, threads, etc. For my faith is strong and will not be shaken and know I am not alone. I will pray for all when I attend Mass today. Now, back to my Spiderman movie.

Those are your Satan Jesus trolls, aren't they.

mouse
10-11-2013, 01:06 PM
you catholic?

Not really just pretends to be for the free anal sex.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/014/e/9/pinkie_pie_rimshot_by_perinigricon-d4mbib9.gif

clambake
10-11-2013, 01:07 PM
lol

Joseph Kony
10-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Please don't pray for me. That is the most condescending faggish christian insult

RD2191
10-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Please don't pray for me. That is the most condescending faggish christian insult
Don't worry bro. I will pray for you.

Two10Whitey
10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Pray that your priest behaves himself around the kids.

DMC
10-11-2013, 02:09 PM
And Jesus believes in you. Trust me on this.

Leetonidas
10-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Joes good people imo, even though he added the whole pray for you thing, at least he isn't ramming his beliefs down people's throats and shit. ive got nothing against religious people or people who believe in god, just the jeebotards who run around citing bible verses as evidence of god and asserting that they're right despite no legitimate proof or evidence to back up these claims. or the ones who use einstein to prop up their beliefs when he didn't believe in a personal god or afterlife.

2pac > Kobe
10-11-2013, 03:00 PM
go fuck yourself bellboy

Clipper Nation
10-11-2013, 03:03 PM
:cry:cry:cry go :cry fuck :cry yourself :cry bellboy :cry:cry:cry

Fatfreddy88
10-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Jesus saves. Duncan scores on the rebound.:king

DeadlyDynasty
10-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I appreciate the FF endorsement, Joe. Need all the help I can get at 1-3-1.

mouse
10-11-2013, 03:29 PM
science, logic, and reason,....

How is Science on Evolution logic, and reason?

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 03:51 PM

How about people who USE science, logic, and reason, as well as faiths and teachings from other books, as tools?

mouse
10-11-2013, 04:01 PM
How about people who USE sciencelogic, and reason, as well as faiths and teachings from other books, as tools?

much of Science is based on faith. like the "Big Bang" theory...talk about a Walt Disney Fantasy

A Universe from Nothing
:lmao

http://images.emusic.com/books/images/book/0/101/130/10113063/300x300.jpg

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 04:15 PM
much of Science is based on faith. like the "Big Bang" theory...talk about a Walt Disney Fantasy

A Universe from Nothing
:lmao

http://images.emusic.com/books/images/book/0/101/130/10113063/300x300.jpg

This is true although I would use theory rather than faith.
But string theory, worm holes, etc. all theories.

bigzak25
10-11-2013, 04:31 PM
But you know, when I look at these contestants! For the Miss Black Awareness Pageant, I feel good! I feel good, because I know there's a God somewhere! There's a God somewhere! Turn around ladies for me please! You know there's a God who sits on high and looks down low! Man cannot make it like this! Larry Flynt! Hugh Hefner! They can take the picture, but you can't make it! Only God above, the Hugh Hefner on high, can make it for ya!

mouse
10-11-2013, 04:37 PM

So is Intelligent Design, Alternative Design,Alien DNA etc....

but they don't get in the Text Books.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/00-3.jpg

xmas1997
10-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Worm holes and string theory don't either because they are just too far out there!
Now they are saying that macrocosm like microcosm, that we have miniature worm holes on earth and may be an explanation for the Bermuda Triangle leading to the Japanese Triangle.

How's that for hijacking a thread? :lol

Brazil
10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
I don't give a fuck about your faith faggot

GoodOdor
10-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Tbh people like Joe are not very smart, but at the end of the day they are mostly harmless.

Well, except that part where they don't support condoms and contraceptives and want aids to reign supreme in Africa.

Spur|n|Austin
10-12-2013, 03:50 AM
How is Science on Evolution logic, and reason?

Way to make a mouse move and change context.

How are ya man?

Avante
10-12-2013, 05:44 AM

Right after Jesse Owens won his 1936 Olympic gold medal in the 100m science was asked ....how fast can a human run a 100m? Jesse...10.2.

Well after study and research they came back with...9.9...seconds. Jimmy Hines ran that in 1968. The record today...9.58.

Fuck science and logic and reason.

exstatic
10-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Right after Jesse Owens won his 1936 Olympic gold medal in the 100m science was asked ....how fast can a human run a 100m? Jesse...10.2.

Well after study and research they came back with...9.9...seconds. Jimmy Hines ran that in 1968. The record today...9.58.

Steroids, Kinetics and nutrition, tbh. All science based. Did you think they prayed to run faster? :lol

I'd tell you that no one will ever run a one second 100M, but that would involve explanations of things like physics and physiology, and you don't believe in that science shit.

cute_spursfan
10-12-2013, 09:08 AM
a lot of lost sheep in this here thread. dang

Bill_Brasky
10-12-2013, 09:21 AM
lol religion
lol holding humanity back

JoeChalupa
10-12-2013, 10:15 AM

Not condescending at all. I aways pray for the well being of everyone. Doesn't matter to me what one does or doesn't believe in. I don't push my faith on anyone nor question theirs.

JoeChalupa
10-12-2013, 10:17 AM
I too believe in science, logic and reason.

xmas1997
10-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Correct, there should be no conflicts with any of it.

boutons_deux
10-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Here's some fantastic "Christian" bullshit

Many Americans link U.S. military strike in Syria to end times
http://www.lifewayresearch.com/2013/09/13/many-americans-link-u-s-military-strike-in-syria-to-end-times/

And if End Times don't come in Syria, then US/UK/Israel/BigOil hitting Iran is up next. :lol

DMC
10-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Joes good people imo, even though he added the whole pray for you thing, at least he isn't ramming his beliefs down people's throats and shit. ive got nothing against religious people or people who believe in god, just the jeebotards who run around citing bible verses as evidence of god and asserting that they're right despite no legitimate proof or evidence to back up these claims. or the ones who use einstein to prop up their beliefs when he didn't believe in a personal god or afterlife.

I've got nothing against people who are delusional in a way that undermines reason and logic, and who's professed belief system entails the hope of the world ending as soon as possible. Nope, none at all.

DMC
10-12-2013, 04:46 PM

Impossible. Religion is a faith based belief against reason and logic, in favor of what the religion itself teaches. There's no reason and logic for the dead rising and walking around (back then it seems it was a common thing) and there's no reason and logic for most of the creation story.

Theists claim a belief in reason and logic in an attempt to lend credence to their belief system as some sort of reasonable, logical form of science. In reality, it's just superstition, nothing else.

Leetonidas
10-12-2013, 05:57 PM

explains a lot tbh

Vertigo
10-12-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more believers.

Blake
10-12-2013, 09:25 PM

The concept of hell is illogical for starters.

Leetonidas
10-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I've got nothing against people who are delusional in a way that undermines reason and logic, and who's professed belief system entails the hope of the world ending as soon as possible. Nope, none at all.

Not all people are born as intelligent as myself or you tbh some people just don't have the ability to think at a higher level or attempt cognitive reasoning imo

DeadlyDynasty
10-12-2013, 10:04 PM
a lot of lost sheep in this here thread. dang
angel_luv has a troll?

RD2191
10-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Not all people are born as intelligent as myself or you tbh some people just don't have the ability to think at a higher level or attempt cognitive reasoning imo
:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC
10-12-2013, 11:50 PM

I agree with that, however I was responding to your comment about "religious people" in general. Sure there are some easily duped people in the world, but as a whole, I do not give religion or it's followers a pass. They are working to bring their version of Armageddon as quickly as possible. So sure we give the slow people a different glance, however their exclusive cosmic club doesn't allow you or I to enter because we aren't idiots.

bigzak25
10-13-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm surprised there aren't more believers.

We're the silent majority joe.

xmas1997
10-13-2013, 10:48 PM
I agree with that, however I was responding to your comment about "religious people" in general. Sure there are some easily duped people in the world, but as a whole, I do not give religion or it's followers a pass. They are working to bring their version of Armageddon as quickly as possible. So sure we give the slow people a different glance, however their exclusive cosmic club doesn't allow you or I to enter because we aren't idiots.

It's interesting that you feel that way about religious people in general, especially about them having an agenda of bringing about Armageddon as quick as possible. That seems rather negative and self defeating if you ask me. You must know some religious fanatics or at the very least some over zealous doomsayers.
I feel I am spiritual rather than religious. I use every tool at my disposal to get to the truth from philosophy to physics, intuition to reason.
And I am still traveling that path.

JoeChalupa
10-13-2013, 11:21 PM
The concept of hell is illogical for starters.

I believe in heaven so it is logical I'd believe in hell bigzak.

Blake
10-13-2013, 11:31 PM
I believe in heaven so it is logical I'd believe in hell bigzak.

I'm not bigzak.

the existence of a Heaven doesn't logically demand there to be a hell. But that's not what makes hell illogical.

eternal torment conflicts with the idea of a forgiving God.

JoeChalupa
10-13-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm not bigzak.

the existence of a Heaven doesn't logically demand there to be a hell. But that's not what makes hell illogical.

eternal torment conflicts with the idea of a forgiving God.
not if God created hell. Sounds logical to me and that is what matters. As I've stated before it does not matter what others believe.

JoeChalupa
10-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Oh, and sure you are not bigzak. :lmao

Clipper Nation
10-14-2013, 12:20 AM
Not condescending at all. I aways pray for the well being of everyone. Doesn't matter to me what one does or doesn't believe in. I don't push my faith on anyone nor question theirs.
My bad.... I've been told by Christians who find out that I'm an atheist that "they'll pray for me" in an extremely condescending tone plenty of times as a condemnation, so that's what I tend to associate with that phrase, tbh....

mouse
10-14-2013, 03:28 AM

And I believe in Beef, chicken, and pork...

mouse
10-14-2013, 03:32 AM

Hooters this Saturday.

DMC
10-14-2013, 07:52 AM
It's interesting that you feel that way about religious people in general, especially about them having an agenda of bringing about Armageddon as quick as possible. That seems rather negative and self defeating if you ask me. You must know some religious fanatics or at the very least some over zealous doomsayers.
I feel I am spiritual rather than religious. I use every tool at my disposal to get to the truth from philosophy to physics, intuition to reason.
And I am still traveling that path.

And you believe a man rose from the dead so his daddy wouldn't send you to eternal torture for being how he created you to be.

That makes sense.

xmas1997
10-14-2013, 09:09 AM
And you believe a man rose from the dead so his daddy wouldn't send you to eternal torture for being how he created you to be.

That makes sense.

I never said I believed in eternal torture.
You sure like putting words in other people's mouths instead of reading their posts, don't you?
I also said you are welcome to believe whatever you want.
I never told you to believe as I believe.
My beliefs came about as I previously described.
Thus there is no way you can dispute them since you did not live in my shoes.
You cannot argue over opinions anyway because it is a fruitless venture.
If you want to get into pissing contests then go pester someone else because you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a shit! :lol

Blake
10-14-2013, 11:10 AM
not if God created hell. Sounds logical to me and that is what matters. As I've stated before it does not matter what others believe.

Why do you believe God created a place of eternal torment?

Blake
10-14-2013, 11:12 AM

U mad because I outed your satan/Jesus trolls?

JoeChalupa
10-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Hooters this Saturday.

Now this is hard to believe in. My faith still strong. Noah's ark rocked! Call me retarded, I don't care.

DMC
10-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I never said I believed in eternal torture.
You sure like putting words in other people's mouths instead of reading their posts, don't you?
I also said you are welcome to believe whatever you want.
I never told you to believe as I believe.
My beliefs came about as I previously described.
Thus there is no way you can dispute them since you did not live in my shoes.
You cannot argue over opinions anyway because it is a fruitless venture.
If you want to get into pissing contests then go pester someone else because you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a shit! :lol

It doesn't matter how you choose to distort the words of the religion you're advertising here. There's no custom God, and the Bible doesn't offer one either.

JoeChalupa
10-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Sigh......

AFBlue
10-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Joe didn't say he was praying for your salvation; just said he was praying for you. It could be he was praying for your health and well being.

Just because some of you don't believe in the power of prayer doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Bottom line: it's not condescension, it's compassion.

God bless you Joe!

Buddy Mignon
10-19-2013, 11:40 AM

Lol... the thought of logic entering your mind... lol. You're a Clipper fan.. lol.

JoeChalupa
10-19-2013, 11:51 AM
I've seen the power of prayer. Of course non believers will call it simply a coincidence. "You can't prove it was prayer that made that happen!", they always say.

JoeChalupa
10-19-2013, 11:54 AM

:lmao if that's what u believe. :lmao

Buddy Mignon
10-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I've seen the power of prayer. Of course non believers will call it simply a coincidence. "You can't prove it was prayer that made that happen!", they always say.

Assuming that all this religious bullshit is true... you'd still be on the losing end with your pray and wait rituals. Why not just steal what you want then go to the gay/pedophile old guy in the booth and ask for forgiveness.

mouse
10-19-2013, 12:12 PM

You want me to switch screen names just to prove you wrong?

Dude if your Brain was on eBay for six months you would still only have one bid ...
and it would be from me.... I sometimes collect shrunken heads.

mouse
10-19-2013, 12:14 PM
:lmao if that's what u believe. :lmao

Which Blake are you talking too?

xmas1997
10-19-2013, 12:24 PM
It doesn't matter how you choose to distort the words of the religion you're advertising here. There's no custom God, and the Bible doesn't offer one either.

I do not advertise any religion here, and I am not distorting any words. They are what they are, no less and no more. If you choose to make more or less of them, then that is your prerogative and consequently your problem, not mine.

Custom God? That is your definition too, not mine. IMHO there is only one God. But again I don't dictate what you are supposed to believe. I believe what I believe and have already gone over the whys and wherefors of that previously.

The bible is what it is, and differs from believer to believer, from interpreter to interpreter, and from detractor to detractor, as one sees fit. And there are many versions of it these days, thus I refrain from judging. It remains to each person to take from it what they know to be true from their own subjective experiences.

Blake
10-19-2013, 12:36 PM
You want me to switch screen names just to prove you wrong?

Dude if your Brain was on eBay for six months you would still only have one bid ...
and it would be from me.... I sometimes collect shrunken heads.

I'm sure you and Joe tag team passwords.

either way, they're lame.

Blake
10-19-2013, 12:38 PM

Have you ever prayed for someone's missing limb to grow back?

Probably not because we both know it's impossible, even for God.

xmas1997
10-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Have you ever prayed for someone's missing limb to grow back?

Probably not because we both know it's impossible, even for God.

Have you ever prayed to be able to fly, or talk to someone in another country, or to stay under water for hours, or to cook a roast in minutes?
Probably not, because you can do it ......... These days.
However a thousand years ago .................... these would have been considered miracles.
Everything is relative to the times they exist in.

DMC
10-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I do not advertise any religion here, and I am not distorting any words. They are what they are, no less and no more. If you choose to make more or less of them, then that is your prerogative and consequently your problem, not mine.

Custom God? That is your definition too, not mine. IMHO there is only one God. But again I don't dictate what you are supposed to believe. I believe what I believe and have already gone over the whys and wherefors of that previously.

The bible is what it is, and differs from believer to believer, from interpreter to interpreter, and from detractor to detractor, as one sees fit. And there are many versions of it these days, thus I refrain from judging. It remains to each person to take from it what they know to be true from their own subjective experiences.

Very non-committal, soft and spongy response. Everything is nothing and the universe impeaches itself at your whim, or not, depending on your personal take and that's ok because we all have that right to be individuals in the cosmos.

DMC
10-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Have you ever prayed to be able to fly, or talk to someone in another country, or to stay under water for hours, or to cook a roast in minutes?
However a thousand years ago .................... these would have been considered miracles.

You're just a bullshitter. Nothing you say makes any sense and you're well aware of that. It's just another troll tactic, not a very good one either.

Blake
10-19-2013, 01:23 PM

sure, but that's not the point.

And actually what you're saying is what makes the idea of a loving/caring God look more and more ridiculous.

mouse
10-19-2013, 01:25 PM
You're just a bullshitter.

and who on the www isn't?

Nothing you say makes any sense

TsoLb-E7oy8

JoeChalupa
10-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Assuming that all this religious bullshit is true... you'd still be on the losing end with your pray and wait rituals. Why not just steal what you want then go to the gay/pedophile old guy in the booth and ask for forgiveness.
I have yet to lose anything but I do go to confession regularly. Thanks. I don't need to steal anything as i have all I need.

Blake
10-19-2013, 02:44 PM
I have yet to lose anything but I do go to confession regularly. Thanks. I don't need to steal anything as i have all I need.

Actually you're losing money if you tithe, but there are definitely worse ways to waste money.

xmas1997
10-19-2013, 02:56 PM
You're just a bullshitter. Nothing you say makes any sense and you're well aware of that. It's just another troll tactic, not a very good one either.

For it to make sense, especially to a critical mind, you have to use your brain.
It is real easy to slough everything off and resort to name calling, but that just makes you look foolish, not me.

Again, I never said you had to believe anything I wrote. If it doesn't make any sense to you then it is your problem to wrestle with, not mine. I only said that these were my beliefs, and they are subjective to me and me alone.

But go ahead and try to use ridicule to get your point across. How far has that gotten you?

DMC
10-19-2013, 08:56 PM
For it to make sense, especially to a critical mind, you have to use your brain.
It is real easy to slough everything off and resort to name calling, but that just makes you look foolish, not me.

Again, I never said you had to believe anything I wrote. If it doesn't make any sense to you then it is your problem to wrestle with, not mine. I only said that these were my beliefs, and they are subjective to me and me alone.

But go ahead and try to use ridicule to get your point across. How far has that gotten you?

Your approach is intentionally obtuse as to not commit to a position, just everything goes and so forth. Why then engage in a discussion about it if your position is that it's not up for discussion (and yes that's what you're saying).

xmas1997
10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
I am willing to discuss. I am not willing to engage in pissing contests, with you or anyone else. If that is what you want, you'll have to do it by yourself.
Can't say it much simpler than that.

You seem to like putting your words in other people's mouths. Since that is the case, why don't you write me a script?
However if you want to discuss the topic, I am willing. That is what I've been doing. You just don't like the way I've been doing it. Can't satisfy everyone, I guess.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Joe didn't say he was praying for your salvation; just said he was praying for you. It could be he was praying for your health and well being.

Just because some of you don't believe in the power of prayer doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Bottom line: it's not condescension, it's compassion.

God bless you Joe!

No but all the controlled experiments done on the power of prayer means there is reason to believe its not true. While correlation does not prove causation the lack of it does disprove it.

xmas1997
10-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Your approach is intentionally obtuse as to not commit to a position, just everything goes and so forth. Why then engage in a discussion about it if your position is that it's not up for discussion (and yes that's what you're saying).

On the contrary, I do commit to a position, but just because it does not conform to yours, and possibly does not make sense to you, does not make it wrong, any more than your position is wrong.
To you, it seems quite obtuse, which is fine with me because that is only your opinion, and I can accept that. But to me it is quite clear, and in many cases self evident, yet it is still my opinion and not yours.
Thus since there are definite differences in our opinions then we can discuss them. Neither of us need to resort to insults or ridicule, however, because that would only undermine the discussion of the differences of our opinions and cast the insulter/ridiculer as being uncivil and foolish.
My position, and yours, are indeed up for discussion, yet they may be irreconcilable to each of us simply because of the very nature of them being opinions rather than facts. We can however still discuss them in light of that. That is what I am saying.

Spursfan092120
10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Joe...I understand where you're coming from. I'm a Christian as well, and I go to church, but you've been around here a long time. You know this is only going to stir things up. If that's what you're going for, that's fine. Otherwise, this thread is unnecessary. God knows you believe, and that's all that matters.

symple19
10-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Joe...I understand where you're coming from. I'm a Christian as well, and I go to church, but you've been around here a long time. You know this is only going to stir things up. If that's what you're going for, that's fine. Otherwise, this thread is unnecessary. God knows you believe, and that's all that matters.

:cry :cry :cry Lord and savior :cry :cry :cry

xmas1997
10-23-2013, 07:50 PM

I, too, understand where he is coming from.
And yes, it might stir things up. I hope it does. That may be a good thing. Just because things remain in status quo does not necessarily mean it is good. Sometimes it is better to shake things up a little bit because usually everything that happens, usually happens for the best, even terrible things. Being in the midst of them, like being amongst the trees, we can not see or realize the greater significance or impact, just as we cannot realize the greater forest. It is all relative and subject to the limitations of our individual perceptions.

DMC
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
On the contrary, I do commit to a position, but just because it does not conform to yours, and possibly does not make sense to you, does not make it wrong, any more than your position is wrong.
To you, it seems quite obtuse, which is fine with me because that is only your opinion, and I can accept that. But to me it is quite clear, and in many cases self evident, yet it is still my opinion and not yours.
Thus since there are definite differences in our opinions then we can discuss them. Neither of us need to resort to insults or ridicule, however, because that would only undermine the discussion of the differences of our opinions and cast the insulter/ridiculer as being uncivil and foolish.
My position, and yours, are indeed up for discussion, yet they may be irreconcilable to each of us simply because of the very nature of them being opinions rather than facts. We can however still discuss them in light of that. That is what I am saying.

No, your stance has been that it's anything goes, that everything is true depending on who you are. That's not a position we can debate, it's not conducive to discussion.

You've yet to state things you consider to be facts, things that can be debated.

xmas1997
10-23-2013, 08:39 PM
No, your stance has been that it's anything goes, that everything is true depending on who you are. That's not a position we can debate, it's not conducive to discussion.

You've yet to state things you consider to be facts, things that can be debated.

Well, the topic is pretty cut and dry, either you believe in The Lord Jesus Christ, or you do not, right?

DMC
10-23-2013, 08:41 PM
I, too, understand where he is coming from.
And yes, it might stir things up. I hope it does. That may be a good thing. Just because things remain in status quo does not necessarily mean it is good. Sometimes it is better to shake things up a little bit because usually everything that happens, usually happens for the best, even terrible things. Being in the midst of them, like being amongst the trees, we can not see or realize the greater significance or impact, just as we cannot realize the greater forest. It is all relative and subject to the limitations of our individual perceptions.

A person who didn't even know what the conversation was about could make the same points you're making. You've not established a claim, you've not even made a claim. You call everything an opinion, as if no facts exist.

silverblk mystix
10-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Well, the topic is pretty cut and dry, either you believe in The Lord Jesus Christ, or you do not, right?

Actually, I think what he is saying is that you need to say things that confirm his conclusions and his perceived superiority so he can then insult you and your lack of education according to his conclusions which were already established a long time before the thread started.

DMC
10-23-2013, 08:45 PM

Well no. Joe made a statement of belief.

Your first response was this:

How about people who USE science, logic, and reason, as well as faiths and teachings from other books, as tools?

I want to know what science and logic you can possibly use to conclude a deity exists, and that Jesus was the son of a god, that he rose from the dead and physically ascended to the sky above the clouds.

You'll call that all opinion, but you threw in science and logic to lend credence to faith in God. I challenge you to support that by something other than "agree to disagree" copouts.

DMC
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Actually, I think what he is saying is that you need to say things that confirm his conclusions and his perceived superiority so he can then insult you and your lack of education according to his conclusions which were already established a long time before the thread started.

Hey keep it up and you'll be sending me another PM soon.

baseline bum
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/string_theory.png

silverblk mystix
10-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Hey don't bring truth in here.

xmas1997
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Our differences came about when you claimed that a theist could not use reason and science because his assertions were based on faith.
I disagreed. I believe in God, so that makes me theistic, right? But I also use scientific method and reason in my life.
I don't use it to try to prove or disprove the existence of a Supreme Being however because that is a subjective experience, something that can't be done objectively, ....... yet. It may happen one day though because I believe almost anything that can be thought of or imagined can eventually become a reality. This is especially profound when you consider dimensional theory.
So I wasn't arguing with you, I felt we had a difference in opinion.

DMC
10-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Our differences came about when you claimed that a theist could not use reason and science because his assertions were based on faith.

Which is true. You pretend to have your own version of reason and science, one that says a god exists. Science has never made such a claim, and logic leads you away from it. This is the science and logic that the rest of us use.

So no, you've not shown any logic or reasoning to support your faith.

I disagreed. I believe in God, so that makes me theistic, right? But I also use scientific method and reason in my life.

You abandon it when it comes to religion though. Saying you use it in your life is separating your life from your beliefs, which in reality is impossible. Science and reason aren't tools, they are the foundation of your thought process. If you can conclude a supernatural entity exists as the explanation for things around you, you've abandoned logic and reason. Like it or not, that's the truth.

I don't use it to try to prove or disprove the existence of a Supreme Being however because that is a subjective experience, something that can't be done objectively, ....... yet. It may happen one day though because I believe almost anything that can be thought of or imagined can eventually become a reality. This is especially profound when you consider dimensional theory.
So I wasn't arguing with you, I felt we had a difference in opinion.
We didn't have a difference of opinion. You're misrepresenting science, logic and reason. If you want to say you've had a personal experience that convinces you a specific god is real, that somehow that showed you that Jesus Christ was real and his story is real, then you're right, you have a hard row to hoe trying to explain it and I'd avoid trying if it was me. Instead though, you seem to think you can morph the Socratic method with faith and revelation, but you can't. Where would we be as a society if we abandoned logic and reasoning in favor of an emotional movement? What if Jonas Salk (or Sabin) broke down and just prayed for God to cure polio? Many theists would say God did, but then there goes reason and logic out the window.

xmas1997
10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Which is true. You pretend to have your own version of reason and science, one that says a god exists. Science has never made such a claim, and logic leads you away from it. This is the science and logic that the rest of us use.

So no, you've not shown any logic or reasoning to support your faith.

You abandon it when it comes to religion though. Saying you use it in your life is separating your life from your beliefs, which in reality is impossible. Science and reason aren't tools, they are the foundation of your thought process. If you can conclude a supernatural entity exists as the explanation for things around you, you've abandoned logic and reason. Like it or not, that's the truth.

We didn't have a difference of opinion. You're misrepresenting science, logic and reason. If you want to say you've had a personal experience that convinces you a specific god is real, that somehow that showed you that Jesus Christ was real and his story is real, then you're right, you have a hard row to hoe trying to explain it and I'd avoid trying if it was me. Instead though, you seem to think you can morph the Socratic method with faith and revelation, but you can't. Where would we be as a society if we abandoned logic and reasoning in favor of an emotional movement? What if Jonas Salk (or Sabin) broke down and just prayed for God to cure polio? Many theists would say God did, but then there goes reason and logic out the window.

I wasn't using reason and logic to support my faith. I agree that it cannot be done in this point in time, however I believe a time may come that it can.
I disagreed about me being a religionist though and tried to explain that I am a spiritual being and that my beliefs are of a spiritual nature. To my way of thinking science is showing us this nature with each new advance especially in the molecular sciences. We already theorize that like microcosm so is macrocosm. We are seeing that space does not exist in a vacuum as previously thought, that everything is connected, everything is energy, and that nothing is lost.
Do you see where I am going with this?
Basically and on a simplistic level at this point in time no one can prove or disprove the existence of a Supreme Being, we can only theorize, contemplate, and explore.
Thus for the most part I agree with you. But scientific method is a tool, among many other tools to use at our discretion.

DMC
10-23-2013, 09:52 PM
I wasn't using reason and logic to support my faith. I agree that it cannot be done in this point in time, however I believe a time may come that it can.

Yet you've drawn a conclusion nonetheless and then say you use logic and reason. Why bring up logic and reason if you're not using it? Simple: to lend some legitimacy to faith.

I disagreed about me being a religionist though and tried to explain that I am a spiritual being and that my beliefs are of a spiritual nature. Which has absolutely nothing to do with reason, logic or science.

To my way of thinking science is showing us this nature with each new advance especially in the molecular sciences. We already theorize that like microcosm so is macrocosm. We are seeing that space does not exist in a vacuum as previously thought, that everything is connected, everything is energy, and that nothing is lost.
Do you see where I am going with this?

There's a scientific method that doesn't tie itself to your way of thinking. I don't know that we ever thought space existed in a vacuum, since QED tbh. What existed prior to initial expansion of energy and space?

Basically and on a simplistic level at this point in time no one can prove or disprove the existence of a Supreme Being, we can only theorize, contemplate, and explore.
Thus for the most part I agree with you. But scientific method is a tool, among many other tools to use at our discretion.

You either think rationally or you do not. Science wasn't invented, it's been how certain honest thinking people have developed into known fact what we know to be true now. You don't use science and logic and reason, then put it away for your core beliefs to survive. If you truly understand the process, you cannot deny the conclusion.

No one needs to disprove a claim that's made without evidence. Otherwise we'd have to disprove every god claim. Atheists typically require evidence to form a belief as it's not a default position when negative proof isn't available, and I'd bet you don't accept other god claims that you cannot disprove. So let's not pretend the proof/lack thereof is the tug of war in the ontological discussion. It's not. Theists claim to know that not only does a supernatural being exist, they know its intent, it's demeanor and its past. They live their lives with the notion that this supernatural being is watching them, knows their thoughts, has their best interests in mind, has a grand plan for them, created the universe for them. Then they say that same deity is beyond our finite minds to understand.

Don't bastardize the concept of science and reason to make yourself feel less archaic because you believe in a ooga booga god.

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Yet you've drawn a conclusion nonetheless and then say you use logic and reason. Why bring up logic and reason if you're not using it? Simple: to lend some legitimacy to faith.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with reason, logic or science.

Yes, I've drawn a conclusion, but it isn't one based on faith per say, it is one based on years of study, experience, and reason. It is subjective rather than objective in nature. You are the one claiming it is based on faith. I do not make such a claim. My claim is that it is not something that can be easily identified and wrapped up neatly in a box because of it's highly subjective nature, thus no one can debunk it's validity. You say this is faith, and I can easily see how you would draw this conclusion, but I say it is a subjective experience that cannot be defined so easily. We will have to disagree on this for now. You are entitled to your opinion, I am not trying to change it. Until you have had a subjective experience that convinces you otherwise, then you will have to settle for your own belief.

There's a scientific method that doesn't tie itself to your way of thinking. I don't know that we ever thought space existed in a vacuum, since QED tbh. What existed prior to initial expansion of energy and space?

You either think rationally or you do not. Science wasn't invented, it's been how certain honest thinking people have developed into known fact what we know to be true now. You don't use science and logic and reason, then put it away for your core beliefs to survive. If you truly understand the process, you cannot deny the conclusion.

Yes, we once thought space existed in a vacuum, but recent discoveries have clearly shown, via particle accelerators and the like, etc., that what was once considered a sea of emptiness, is made up of much more tinier elements, anti-matter etc. and that every particle of energy is connected in some way.
Yes, I do use science, logic, and reason, but I also use intuition, supposition, observation, and imagination. I leave no rock unturned. If no scientist ever used his imagination, then there would not have been any new discoveries in the past century. There always needs to be a reference point in which to start from, there needs to be an idea that needs to be explored and/or examined extensively.
Call it a "hunch" for lack of a better word, the researcher had a hunch that the answer to his riddle was in a certain direction. One could easily ask, where do hunches come from?

No one needs to disprove a claim that's made without evidence. Otherwise we'd have to disprove every god claim. Atheists typically require evidence to form a belief as it's not a default position when negative proof isn't available, and I'd bet you don't accept other god claims that you cannot disprove. So let's not pretend the proof/lack thereof is the tug of war in the ontological discussion. It's not. Theists claim to know that not only does a supernatural being exist, they know its intent, it's demeanor and its past. They live their lives with the notion that this supernatural being is watching them, knows their thoughts, has their best interests in mind, has a grand plan for them, created the universe for them. Then they say that same deity is beyond our finite minds to understand.

Don't bastardize the concept of science and reason to make yourself feel less archaic because you believe in a ooga booga god.

It is not my intention to bastardize anything. I do not feel less or more archaic about any of my beliefs. These are fictitious claims on your part to justify your inability to grasp the wherefores of my beliefs, rather than attempting to understand them. It is the easy way out, and thus a common misnomer.

You may be correct in your description of the rank and file theist, but it is degrading to cast every theist in this pot because there are those of us who wrestle with the contradictions of reality by the use of reason, etc., mentioned above, in order to explain that reality everyday. We keep an open mind, we leave open the possibilities that any and everything can be part and parcel of the total concept. And we explore without preconceived notions.

Do you honestly think that the theory of relativity came about strictly through observable phenomena, for example? No, it had its roots in intuition and imagination.
My contention is that all of these processes are tools we use to explain, conjecturize, and eventually theorize everything in the universe.

And that is another reason why I do not even discount the theory that there is no Supreme Being, that even the atheistic supposition and contention may be a valid reality. Everything must be explored. If it can be imagined, then there is the possibility that it can exist.
If I could scientifically prove beyond a shadow of a doubt the existence of God, then it goes without saying that I could also show the fallacies of believing otherwise, and vice versa.
So, if you truly want something to ponder over, try dimensional theory. That should give you pause.

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 01:25 PM
No one needs to disprove a claim that's made without evidence.

If this were the case we would still believe the earth was flat and that everything revolved around the earth.

DMC
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
If this were the case we would still believe the earth was flat and that everything revolved around the earth.

So the claim "the world is flat" was made without evidence? No one saw the horizon and say "it's flat"?

DMC
10-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm fairly convinced xmas1997 is a troll.

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 05:11 PM
So the claim "the world is flat" was made without evidence? No one saw the horizon and say "it's flat"?

You know what I was saying, it wasn't rocket science.

Now you think I am a troll?
That is your argument?
Why?
What made you come to that conclusion, because I wouldn't agree with you about everything?
That really makes a hell of a lot of sense, doesn't it?
I thought we were having a pretty decent discussion, but that is what I get for thinking.
Anyway, someone here said everyone here are trolls so maybe you are correct.

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 07:35 PM

Did you even bother to read my rebuttal to your breakdown of my argument?
I ask because you conveniently skipped over it to go to this one.

DMC
10-25-2013, 08:20 PM
You know what I was saying, it wasn't rocket science.

Now you think I am a troll?
That is your argument?
Why?
What made you come to that conclusion, because I wouldn't agree with you about everything?
That really makes a hell of a lot of sense, doesn't it?
I thought we were having a pretty decent discussion, but that is what I get for thinking.
Anyway, someone here said everyone here are trolls so maybe you are correct.

Earth flat, science, logic = faith and mysticism... ad nauseum... troll tactics.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Earth flat, science, logic = faith and mysticism... ad nauseum... troll tactics.

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

DMC
10-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Did you even bother to read my rebuttal to your breakdown of my argument?
I ask because you conveniently skipped over it to go to this one.

not really

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 08:35 PM
not really

Then your whole spiel was in an effort to troll?
That is real intelligent, don't you think?

Skull-1
10-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Epic troll. Well played. :lol

Skull-1
10-25-2013, 08:56 PM

Yes, because belief in bullshit like a flat Earth, the sun orbiting that same Earth, man made global warming of yet again the same Earth, etc. doesn't require faith of any kind, be it unseen or in stuff written by liars. :rollin

Skull-1
10-25-2013, 08:59 PM

He is an epic troll, but once in awhile he asks good questions. Unlike wussyjizzbutt and flake.

Blake
10-25-2013, 09:22 PM
He is an epic troll, but once in awhile he asks good questions. Unlike wussyjizzbutt and flake.

You're a terrible troll

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 09:33 PM

I am surprised at you, skull, you think me a troll too?
Geez, sometimes I think I am walking on eggshells around here!
I am doing nothing but sharing what tidbits of information I have been lucky enough to find on my path toward Truth.
And I don't require anyone to believe what I believe, nor do I resort to insults or ridicule, at least I don't anymore because it got me no where fast.

Skull-1
10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
I am surprised at you, skull, you think me a troll too?
Geez, sometimes I think I am walking on eggshells around here!
I am doing nothing but sharing what tidbits of information I have been lucky enough to find on my path toward Truth.
And I don't require anyone to believe what I believe, nor do I resort to insults or ridicule, at least I don't anymore because it got me no where fast.

You dangle the bait. At least you're nice about it. Advice. If you want to catch flake or limpydicknballs just show male organs. They will bite.

Blake
10-25-2013, 11:02 PM
That doesn't make any sense. You're not good at cut downs.

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 11:02 PM
You dangle the bait. At least you're nice about it. Advice. If you want to catch flake or limpydicknballs just show male organs. They will bite.

Geez, too much information on the bait issue! :lol
But were you referring to me when you made your accusation of being an epic troll, or someone else?
You and I have had our differences, and they even gravitated to baselessness at times. For that I am sorry, I was a pure D idiot, I admit it, but I honestly hate it when it goes in that direction because nothing gets resolved and people become hard liners with their opinions, thus nothing of consequence gets done.

Upstairs I do take a much harder line because I can't abide what I consider to be over kill when it could have been easier and more palatable said with a few good examples stated just a few times. When the opinions reek of obsession then I have to speak up even if under normal circumstances I would agree.

DMC
10-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Yes, because belief in bullshit like a flat Earth, the sun orbiting that same Earth, man made global warming of yet again the same Earth, etc. doesn't require faith of any kind, be it unseen or in stuff written by liars. :rollin

It was religion that attempted to squelch the truth in the 1st place. Read up a little. How's Galileo doing? Oh that's right, you killed him.

DMC
10-26-2013, 12:53 AM

Nothing epic about getting called out a couple months into your troll. You have low standards.

DMC
10-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Then your whole spiel was in an effort to troll?
That is real intelligent, don't you think?

Expound please

xmas1997
10-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Expound please

What's the point in doing that?
You will just refuse to read it again like you did the last time.

DMC
10-26-2013, 12:59 AM
What's the point in doing that?
You will just refuse to read it again like you did the last time.

Why make a statement if you don't care to expound on it? Just let it go. You never know though, there could be others reading who are benefiting. God works in mysterious ways.

xmas1997
10-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Why make a statement if you don't care to expound on it? Just let it go. You never know though, there could be others reading who are benefiting. God works in mysterious ways.

It was expounded on. You chose not to read it.
I can't help that. That is your loss not mine.
I can't make you read it.
But I can keep from walking into the yard a second time, then it would be my own fault.

DMC
10-26-2013, 01:09 AM
It was expounded on. You chose not to read it.
I can't help that. That is your loss not mine.
I can't make you read it.
But I can keep from walking into the yard a second time, then it would be my own fault.

You didn't expound on it. I'm not a mind reader. How does me calling you a troll make me one?

xmas1997
10-26-2013, 01:12 AM
You didn't expound on it. I'm not a mind reader. How does me calling you a troll make me one?

Are you saying you are a troll now too?
Is that what you do, accuse others and yourself of being a troll?
Why?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-26-2013, 08:10 AM

Must you project your homoerotic nonsense onto me? I have no problem with homosexuals except when they hit on me so please refrain.

xmas1997
10-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Now I have both skull and DMC claiming I'm a troll!
Go figure!
Does this mean I am lucky?

JoeChalupa
10-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Getting ready for Mass. The word of the Lord speaks to me and I am comforted. Vayan con Dios.

xmas1997
10-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Getting ready for Mass. The word of the Lord speaks to me and I am comforted. Vayan con Dios.

How about that Pope Francis?

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 01:37 PM
It was religion that attempted to squelch the truth in the 1st place. Read up a little. How's Galileo doing? Oh that's right, you killed him.
No, I didn't. That is just evidence that the Catholic Church isn't in the truth. Read up a little.

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 01:38 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/string_theory.png:rollin

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Now I have both skull and DMC claiming I'm a troll!
Go figure!
Does this mean I am lucky?
Not as lucky as flake. He gets cheated on by his wife AND his boyfriend jizzylimpnuts.

silverblk mystix
10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Not as lucky as flake. He gets cheated on by his wife AND his boyfriend jizzylimpnuts.

Blake
10-27-2013, 02:07 PM
^ fail clown speak

silverblk mystix
10-27-2013, 02:07 PM
^ cuck trolling

Blake
10-27-2013, 02:11 PM
You're not clever or smart. You're a clown.

silverblk mystix
10-27-2013, 02:11 PM
^angry cuck who also likes to label others^

Pretty funny.

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 02:12 PM
^angry cuck who also likes to label others^

Pretty funny.
Lol

xmas1997
10-27-2013, 02:28 PM
The more I read up on theology issues the more I am finding evidence that Christianity in General has some credibility issues, especially if you examine the history of the Essenes and the bible as we know it today.
I don't have a crisis in my Christian faith, but I certainly am not an orthodox mainstream Christian anymore. And I have issues with the canon versus the non-canonized books in the bible.

Halberto
10-27-2013, 02:29 PM

:lol We all knew you belong in this group of idiots

xmas1997
10-27-2013, 02:35 PM
:lol We all knew you belong in this group of idiots

Not true at all.
You might want to read some of my posts before making rash baseless accusations..........
unless of course you choose to base your opinions on hearsay.
How far do you think that will get you?
If that is the case then I can't be held accountable. :lol

xmas1997
10-27-2013, 02:43 PM
You're not clever or smart. You're a clown.

Blake, you've read and studied extensively biblical theology and have some background in Zoroastrianism. What is your opinion about the non-canonized books of the bible discovered with the canonized ones found in Wadi Qumran from the Essenes?

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Blake, you've read and studied extensively biblical theology and have some background in Zoroastrianism. What is your opinion about the non-canonized books of the bible discovered with the canonized ones found in Wadi Qumran from the Essenes?
He doesn't have an opinion. He isn't that smart.

DMC
10-27-2013, 03:11 PM
No, I didn't. That is just evidence that the Catholic Church isn't in the truth. Read up a little.

Religion itself isn't into the truth.

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Religion itself isn't into the truth.
Correct. Which is why I follow the SCRIPTURES and no religion.

DMC
10-27-2013, 06:53 PM

The scriptures were written by religious people.

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 08:24 PM
The scriptures were written by religious people.
They were written by people.....their religion would have been a detriment once John came.

DMC
10-27-2013, 09:56 PM
They were written by people.....their religion would have been a detriment once John came.

They were religious. Why do religious people try to distance themselves from religion? In doing so, they self-incriminate.

1re·li·gious adjective \ri-ˈli-jəs\ : of or relating to religion
: believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion

Halberto
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Not true at all.
You might want to read some of my posts before making rash baseless accusations..........
unless of course you choose to base your opinions on hearsay.
How far do you think that will get you?
If that is the case then I can't be held accountable. :lol

wtf? I was quoting Avante.

Skull-1
10-27-2013, 10:02 PM
They were religious. Why do religious people try to distance themselves from religion? In doing so, they self-incriminate.

1re·li·gious

adjective \ri-ˈli-jəs\ : of or relating to religion
: believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion

How could they follow the rules of a religion when those rules were still being written? They followed old rules. Obsolete rules. Overturned rules. Their religion was a detriment to their understanding, just as it is today.

DMC
10-27-2013, 10:14 PM
How could they follow the rules of a religion when those rules were still being written? They followed old rules. Obsolete rules. Overturned rules. Their religion was a detriment to their understanding, just as it is today.

Not true. Jesus didn't write a single word. They still followed the 10 Commandments. They still believed in the same God. They just believed Jesus was the messiah. He gave them his instructions, unless you think they invented all the rules themselves which is an even harder row to hoe.

They were the first Christians. Christianity is a religion.

xmas1997
10-27-2013, 10:17 PM
wtf? I was quoting Avante.

Ok, fine, alrighty then!

xmas1997
10-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Not true. Jesus didn't write a single word. They still followed the 10 Commandments. They still believed in the same God. They just believed Jesus was the messiah. He gave them his instructions, unless you think they invented all the rules themselves which is an even harder row to hoe.

The early Christians were following ORAL traditions. It wasn't until much later those oral traditions were written down.
There were lots of contradictions from Apostle to Apostle and from their followers. The Essenes were some of the earliest to put these teachings in written form. Some of these were found, The Dead Sea Scrolls, at Wadi Qumran.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-27-2013, 11:23 PM

Semantic nonsense. The two are not mutually exclusive. Scripture is the epitome of dogma.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-27-2013, 11:25 PM

Could you do us a favor and provide us a list of which OT laws we still have to follow and which ones we can ignore? You have told us that you are one of the few special people that can figure it out so you could save us a lot of time and pick and choose for us.

JoeChalupa
10-27-2013, 11:33 PM
How about that Pope Francis?

I really like Pope Francis and his openness about his beliefs and the future of the Catholic Church.

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I really like Pope Francis and his openness about his beliefs and the future of the Catholic Church.

Me too, Joe. He is really walking the talk. It is a refreshing change to see the leader of Catholicism doing that. I just hope he isn't assassinated.

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 12:22 AM

Christianity or the Law of Christ? There is a difference. And the first Christians, like Peter, James, and John, for example, were wallowing in the false gospel for quite awhile before they got straightened out and wrote their epistles which further defined the faith....

It was a work in progress the whole way. Their Judaism was a hindrance.

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Christianity or the Law of Christ? There is a difference. And the first Christians, like Peter, James, and John, for example, were wallowing in the false gospel for quite awhile before they got straightened out and wrote their epistles which further defined the faith....

This is generally accepted to be true by most theologians. And it is further verified by the non-canonized Gospels of Peter, Thomas, Judas, and Mary Magdalene which were found along with the canonized gospels that are in the bible, all of them in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 01:00 AM
So they made it up as they went along. That is hardly a revelation.

DMC
10-28-2013, 07:57 AM

Still a religion. Scriptures written by religious men about the religion are religious scriptures. You trying to say the Bible isn't a religious text is hilarious, but it's also an indictment of theism in general. You guys individually accept it, but you distance yourselves from others who accept it as well.

DMC
10-28-2013, 07:59 AM
So they made it up as they went along. That is hardly a revelation.

That's what I gather from it. While Jesus was with them personally, they were wallowing in false gospel, but after he was hung out to dry, so to speak, they got it right because a group of people put all the books together that didn't absurdly disagree with one another and called it the word of God, and then they killed everyone who didn't toe the line.

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 09:39 AM
That's what I gather from it. While Jesus was with them personally, they were wallowing in false gospel, but after he was hung out to dry, so to speak, they got it right because a group of people put all the books together that didn't absurdly disagree with one another and called it the word of God, and then they killed everyone who didn't toe the line.

While I wouldn't go as far as you are in your assessment, in a simplistic sort of way, you are correct. But we all know that it was a lot more complicated and involved than that. So even though your assessment may be correct simplistically, it fails in the broader sense.

I use the analogy of the whisper passed to each around a circle. By the time the original whisper gets back around to you, it has changed significantly. We have all played this simple child's game when we were kids.
These were ORAL traditions being taught, and by imperfect men no less. They were bound to make mistakes because those men had free wills to shape their messages and teachings to satisfy their own biases and agendas, and limited by their own understanding, just as you and I do each and every day.
By the time they were finally written down, IMHO most of the original teachings had changed significantly.
In order to give it even a semblance of validity, they wrapped it all up neatly in a little box called the bible and proclaimed it the undisputed inviolable Inspired Word of God.

But we are finding more and more evidence that it is NOT the Word of God, but rather the Word of men that it is the Word of God, i.e. the discovery of The Dead Sea Scrolls by the Essenes at Wadi Qumran.

If people are so willing to take the bible founders word for it and be sheep, then that is their prerogative since they have free wills, but IMHO the critical thinker, the scientist, the observer of reality, the one not willing to blindly jump off the cliff just because it is the fashionable thing to do, the one really seeking the Truth, will use every tool available to get to it, including the ability to be patient and wait for further evidence, and be unbiased so that he can see and examine ALL points of views.

Blake
10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
If you acknowledge that it's not the word of god, why would you believe any of it.

DMC
10-28-2013, 01:11 PM
While I wouldn't go as far as you are in your assessment, in a simplistic sort of way, you are correct. But we all know that it was a lot more complicated and involved than that. So even though your assessment may be correct simplistically, it fails in the broader sense.

I use the analogy of the whisper passed to each around a circle. By the time the original whisper gets back around to you, it has changed significantly. We have all played this simple child's game when we were kids.
These were ORAL traditions being taught, and by imperfect men no less. They were bound to make mistakes because those men had free wills to shape their messages and teachings to satisfy their own biases and agendas, and limited by their own understanding, just as you and I do each and every day.
By the time they were finally written down, IMHO most of the original teachings had changed significantly.
In order to give it even a semblance of validity, they wrapped it all up neatly in a little box called the bible and proclaimed it the undisputed inviolable Inspired Word of God.

But we are finding more and more evidence that it is NOT the Word of God, but rather the Word of men that it is the Word of God, i.e. the discovery of The Dead Sea Scrolls by the Essenes at Wadi Qumran.

If people are so willing to take the bible founders word for it and be sheep, then that is their prerogative since they have free wills, but IMHO the critical thinker, the scientist, the observer of reality, the one not willing to blindly jump off the cliff just because it is the fashionable thing to do, the one really seeking the Truth, will use every tool available to get to it, including the ability to be patient and wait for further evidence, and be unbiased so that he can see and examine ALL points of views.
What do you mean "all"?

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
If you acknowledge that it's not the word of god, why would you believe any of it.

Why throw out the baby with the bath water?

To seek truth is to be open to all possibilities - just like he said.

(let us see who throws the first insult - just for shits and giggles)

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 01:33 PM
What do you mean "all"?

Are you unaware of what "all" means?

Blake
10-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Why throw out the baby with the bath water?

To seek truth is to be open to all possibilities - just like he said.

(let us see who throws the first insult - just for shits and giggles)

you're too unintelligent to understand why your question fails.

Now let's watch as you play hypocrite and insult me back.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 02:11 PM
you're too unintelligent to understand why your question fails.

Now let's watch as you play hypocrite and insult me back.

^didn't take long - even after being challenged ^

DMC
10-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Are you unaware of what "all" means?

Wasn't asking you, faggot.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 02:47 PM
^ reduced to an angry name caller yet again ^ lol he considers himself educated^

Blake
10-28-2013, 03:33 PM
^didn't take long - even after being challenged ^

The insults don't bother me, dumbass. They only bother you.

That's what makes you an unintelligent, hypocritical dumbfuck.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 03:33 PM
^ still nothing but an angry name caller ^

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 03:45 PM
^ reduced to an angry name caller yet again ^ lol he considers himself educated^

I had to finally realize that DMC and fuzzy both considered me a troll, probably similar to what kobyz does.
It certainly does not come as a shock.

It does however make me wonder that if I am able to realize that I am capable of making a fool of myself in this manner, then why don't they have the same ability to realize how capable they are in making fools out of themselves too?

Are they living in make believe land?

I grant you that this virtual medium can be pretty far fetched and waaaaaay out there, but does this give them the false sense of security that allows them to justify their denial of reality? Maybe in a temporary sense it does. But it still looks pretty foolish in the long run, that part never changes.

So you have to wonder, do they enjoy looking foolish?
That is perplexing to me, because I hate looking that way, and most especially when it is of my own making. :lol
No one can make a bigger fool of themselves better than he can to himself.
That should be a universal truth. :lol
So now let's see how long it takes for the next fool to say I am a troll. It probably won't be long. :lol

Blake
10-28-2013, 03:56 PM
^ still nothing but an angry name caller ^

You're much more than an angry name caller.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 04:00 PM
^some say that if you allow your beloved to fuck other men ^ you will always be angry ^ proof right here^

Blake
10-28-2013, 04:14 PM
^some say that if you allow your beloved to fuck other men ^ you will always be angry ^ proof right here^

1. ^ angry name caller ^
2. ^ liar ^

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
^ :cry:cry:cry ^ :whine:whine ^ :loser ^:owned ^

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin^

Mr. Blonde
10-28-2013, 05:14 PM
two faggots in a slap fight.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 05:16 PM
^ did not know until now that DMC & Blake were faggots ^ thanks above poster ^

Blake
10-28-2013, 05:37 PM
^ :cry:cry:cry ^ :whine:whine ^ :loser ^:owned ^

3. unintelligent

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 05:57 PM
^cuck in pain ^ flailing for attention & respect ^ a woman can strip you of dignity if you allow it ^ sad ^

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 06:02 PM

You should be able to answer this question for yourself. Truths can be found anywhere. Just because I see contradictions in parts of something does not imply that there are no truths whatsoever contained in it. You know this, Blake. I'm surprised you asked.

What do you mean "all"?

I'm not sure why you even ask me, DMC.
Why would you ask someone you consider to be a troll?
Don't you think you'll get a troll response?
Would you believe a trolls response?
I wouldn't.

Wasn't asking you, faggot.

Benefit of the doubt here, though I should take the "buyer beware" stance.
Ok, I will trust THIS TIME you will be kind enough to read my reply.
"All" meaning every point of view that I can find that makes sense from my point of view, from empirical theosophical, metaphysical, philosophical, agnostic, gnostic, theistic, atheistic, scientific, personal experience, etc., and basically any cognitive experience from any source, i.e. leaving no stone unturned.
Does that answer your question?

DMC
10-28-2013, 09:56 PM
You should be able to answer this question for yourself. Truths can be found anywhere. Just because I see contradictions in parts of something does not imply that there are no truths whatsoever contained in it. You know this, Blake. I'm surprised you asked.

I'm not sure why you even ask me, DMC.
Why would you ask someone you consider to be a troll?
Don't you think you'll get a troll response?
Would you believe a trolls response?
I wouldn't.

Benefit of the doubt here, though I should take the "buyer beware" stance.
Ok, I will trust THIS TIME you will be kind enough to read my reply.
"All" meaning every point of view that I can find that makes sense from my point of view, from empirical theosophical, metaphysical, philosophical, agnostic, gnostic, theistic, atheistic, scientific, personal experience, etc., and basically any cognitive experience from any source, i.e. leaving no stone unturned.
Does that answer your question?

Maybe, but could you expound a bit on "leaving no stone unturned"? What stone?

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 10:01 PM
^troll^

xmas1997
10-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Maybe, but could you expound a bit on "leaving no stone unturned"? What stone?

It's a fairly common expression.
It doesn't take much to figure that out for yourself.
Have fun with it, my complements.

DMC
10-28-2013, 10:26 PM

You mean compliments? You should get a refund on that education you spoke of.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 10:30 PM
I had to finally realize that DMC and fuzzy both considered me a troll, probably similar to what kobyz does.
It certainly does not come as a shock.

It does however make me wonder that if I am able to realize that I am capable of making a fool of myself in this manner, then why don't they have the same ability to realize how capable they are in making fools out of themselves too?

Are they living in make believe land?

I grant you that this virtual medium can be pretty far fetched and waaaaaay out there, but does this give them the false sense of security that allows them to justify their denial of reality? Maybe in a temporary sense it does. But it still looks pretty foolish in the long run, that part never changes.

So you have to wonder, do they enjoy looking foolish?
That is perplexing to me, because I hate looking that way, and most especially when it is of my own making. :lol
No one can make a bigger fool of themselves better than he can to himself.
That should be a universal truth. :lol
So now let's see how long it takes for the next fool to say I am a troll. It probably won't be long. :lol

When did I say you were a troll? I didn't.

You have given up on trying to justify your beliefs. You have demonstrated no leg to stand on regarding them. You believe because you want to and for no other reason.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 10:33 PM
^ still thinks anyone wants to get in an insult flame war ^

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 10:34 PM

If I cannot find my wallet I am going to make sure that I own a wallet first. I am not going to make up stories about there being a wallet with a million dollars in it and start tearing up my house looking for it.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 10:35 PM
^lame analogy ^ no surprise ^ lamester ^

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Ignoring your baiting for a day didn't seem to get you to stop the transparent attempts so.

This message is hidden because silverblk mystix is on your ignore list.

Sweet ambrosia.

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Still a religion. Scriptures written by religious men about the religion are religious scriptures. You trying to say the Bible isn't a religious text is hilarious, but it's also an indictment of theism in general. You guys individually accept it, but you distance yourselves from others who accept it as well.
I accept the scriptures. Christianity is a perversion of these where tradition and paganism replace the word of God.

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 10:51 PM

Some fell away from the truth. They were planted in bad soil. It takes time. God did not trust them with His mysteries until they were ready. Paul went all drill instructor on their asses which helped... Paul wrote half the epistles before Peter wrote even one. Humbling experience for the rock.

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 10:52 PM
^didn't take long - even after being challenged ^:lmao

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 10:58 PM
fuzzy limpclit put me on ignore - what a pussy !

:rollin:rollin

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 11:13 PM
fuzzy limpclit put me on ignore - what a pussy !

Epic! :lmao

That guy is such a douche. Squelch him and flake. They have nothing worth reading.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 11:17 PM

fuzzy lard clit!

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Some fell away from the truth. They were planted in bad soil. It takes time. God did not trust them with His mysteries until they were ready. Paul went all drill instructor on their asses which helped... Paul wrote half the epistles before Peter wrote even one. Humbling experience for the rock.

:lol if blustering, puritanical, loudmouthed behavior was the basis for the word of god then you are certainly his prophet.

Seems that is your basis for thinking Paul is one as well. Why? because Constantine's commissioned work chose Paul's work which was an accident of man ordained by god. Who would have ever thought that the Roman oligarchy would choose a Roman to be the spokesperson for god? That o course was the will of god an not just very convenient for them.

That 'accident of god' versus "will of god" nonsense is exactly the orthodox semantic tap dancing to reconcile the supposed omniscience of god with mans free will. It is literally the same shit. It's not in the bible and straight up old school catholicism. But you claim to not follow their teachings. You even pick and choose that shit.

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 11:30 PM

fuzzy lard clit!

Replace fuzzy with scuzzy or herpes and you have a hit! LOL

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 11:32 PM

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 11:33 PM

your grade school level of insults speaks to the truth of your supposed writing career and underscores how you are incapable of arguing on merit.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 11:34 PM
^troll pussy ^ wants to run to the e gang for support ^ what a pussy ^

Skull-1
10-28-2013, 11:47 PM
^troll pussy ^ wants to run to the e gang for support ^ what a pussy ^

Let me guess.... He is still obsessed with Constantine... Guy sounds like a spurned gay lover stuck in a time warp.

silverblk mystix
10-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Let me guess.... He is still obsessed with Constantine... Guy sounds like a spurned gay lover stuck in a time warp.

He just ran to the "so what's the deal thread" to try an gather support against me - pathetic pussy!!!

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2013, 11:55 PM
I think that the guy who commissioned the first bibles was pretty fundamental to the formation of orthodoxy as it is the creation of christian dogma. That you conflate the early church with homoeroticism is 'interesting.'

What was your scifi novels named? Gay Pillowfights In Outerspace? Seems to be about the extent of your creativity.

Skull-1
10-29-2013, 12:00 AM
He just ran to the "so what's the deal thread" to try an gather support against me - pathetic pussy!!!

Abject, conspiracy theory, false hypothesis moron. And spurned gay lover. Classic. :lmao

DMC
10-29-2013, 07:46 AM
I accept the scriptures. Christianity is a perversion of these where tradition and paganism replace the word of God.

So now it's the word of God. Earlier it was written by people.

DMC
10-29-2013, 07:51 AM

I didn't realize The Rock was involved. That dude is everywhere.

You theists don't know whether to shit or go blind. It's the word of God. You're not religious. The bible wasn't written by religious people because Jesus wasn't religious. Only Judaism is religion, not Christianity. Wait, Christianity is, but not your version. Wait, your version is the word of God, and some fell by the wayside but not you, you just get on a message forum and sling vulgarities because your gradient belief system allows you to do that in relative mental comfort.

You will know them by their fruits, and Christianity has a lot of fruits.

Atheism: when the truth is inescapable

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 10:56 AM
^atheism *also a belief > NOT A FACT ^ he hasn't understood this^ thinks it is truth but atheism is also a belief^

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 11:29 AM
^atheism *also a belief > NOT A FACT ^ he hasn't understood this^ thinks it is truth but atheism is also a belief^

This is true. Atheism is just a disbelief in God, nothing less, nothing more.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 11:34 AM
This is true. Atheism is just a disbelief in God, nothing less, nothing more.

So where does the superiority come from? - oh yeah - that is just humans thinking they "know"

Skull-1
10-29-2013, 01:15 PM
So now it's the word of God. Earlier it was written by people.
Every word is "God breathed." 2 Tim 3:16

Skull-1
10-29-2013, 01:17 PM
So where does the superiority come from? - oh yeah - that is just humans thinking they "know"

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Semantic nonsense. The two are not mutually exclusive. Scripture is the epitome of dogma.

How do you arrive at this conclusion?
Dogma is a principal or group of principals laid down by an authority as inconvertibly true. It is only PART of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, not the whole. Scripture is the merely the writing, no more, no less.
Thus scripture is not the epitome of dogma.
Your statement is an exaggeration. I won't say "gross exaggeration", although most, you included, probably would.

You mean compliments? You should get a refund on that education you spoke of.

Yes, I meant "compliments."
So what? You want egg in your beer?
You mean you have never made a mistake typing too quickly?
Yet since I chose not to edit my response due to one single word, then I, and my entire "edumacation", am subject to your ridicule because of that simple slight, that that negates my whole discourse, enough so that you decide it isn't worth reading? :lol
Aren't you reaching a little bit here?

When did I say you were a troll? I didn't.

You have given up on trying to justify your beliefs. You have demonstrated no leg to stand on regarding them. You believe because you want to and for no other reason.

Why do you assume so much?
You make lots of assumptions about people's statements and yet ascribe them as a statement yourself, such as the "you give up" sentence, and the "no leg" sentence. And then you finally arrive at a conclusion that has no basis in fact.
You presume to ascribe to me YOUR statements as if they are MINE.
That is clear unadulterated falsehood on your part. The only TRUE statement you made was the one about "troll".
Since you pick and choose what you want to read of my posts, and finish most of your assumptions with a falsehood about what I have written, as well as end most with an insult, then how is that a discussion?
I'll flat out tell you, it isn't. What it is though is simplistic baiting, and it is hostile.
I am wondering how well that tactic has served you in life?
Do you have many friends who converse with you in this manner, or does it matter?

If I cannot find my wallet I am going to make sure that I own a wallet first. I am not going to make up stories about there being a wallet with a million dollars in it and start tearing up my house looking for it.

This is your analogy? What does that have to do with with the price of tea in China? :lol
If you want a positive discussion, I am always willing, as I have always affirmed to you, but if you choose to be hostile, then we will not discourse. That simple.
Do you understand, or would you prefer to continue to be discordant?
Like I said before to you, no skin off my back.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Dogma is a principal or group of principals laid down by an authority as inconvertibly true. It is only PART of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, not the whole. Scripture is the merely the writing, no more, no less.
Your statement is an exaggeration. I won't say "gross exaggeration", although most, you included, probably would.

Yes, I meant "compliments."
So what? You want egg in your beer?
You mean you have never made a mistake typing too quickly?
Yet since I chose not to edit my response due to one single word, then I, and my entire "edumacation", am subject to your ridicule because of that simple slight, that that negates my whole discourse, enough so that you decide it isn't worth reading? :lol
Aren't you reaching a little bit here?

Why do you assume so much?
You make lots of assumptions about people's statements and yet ascribe them as a statement yourself, such as the "you give up" sentence, and the "no leg" sentence. And then you finally arrive at a conclusion that has no basis in fact.
You presume to ascribe to me YOUR statements as if they are MINE.
That is clear unadulterated falsehood on your part. The only TRUE statement you made was the one about "troll".
Since you pick and choose what you want to read of my posts, and finish most of your assumptions with a falsehood about what I have written, as well as end most with an insult, then how is that a discussion?
I'll flat out tell you, it isn't. What it is though is simplistic baiting, and it is hostile.
I am wondering how well that tactic has served you in life?
Do you have many friends who converse with you in this manner, or does it matter?

This is your analogy? What does that have to do with with the price of tea in China? :lol
If you want a positive discussion, I am always willing, as I have always affirmed to you, but if you choose to be hostile, then we will not discourse. That simple.
Do you understand, or would you prefer to continue to be discordant?
Like I said before to you, no skin off my back.

This ^ is the result of an intelligent person ^in this case xmas ^

having an interaction with a troll - of which 95% of the posters here account for.

Never gonna lead to any new info or any learning.

Blake
10-29-2013, 02:06 PM

right. You think you're superior because you "know".........whatever the hell you think that means.

uneducated nut.

Blake
10-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Every word is "God breathed." 2 Tim 3:16

but you're a cherry picker that wants it both ways.

Blake
10-29-2013, 02:09 PM
This ^ is the result of an intelligent person ^in this case xmas ^

having an interaction with a troll - of which 95% of the posters here account for.

Never gonna lead to any new info or any learning.

xmas is a whiner. You take his whining to another level.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM
^angry ^

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 02:25 PM
right. You think you're superior because you "know".........whatever the hell you think that means.

uneducated nut.

C'mon, Blake, you and I and everyone else here knows he was talking about "ego".
Hell, isn't that what Pop always refers to as well when he says to "get over yourself"?

Think about this, just because someone continues to post inflammatory replies in response to equally inflammatory remarks thrown in their direction, this does not negate the possibility that they may possess some truth to share.
I guarantee you that if you for whatever reason decided to discuss some things in a positive and constructive, non-hostile manner with any of those you chose to be hostile and insulting with, that their responses to you would also change to one of congeniality and civility.
Just a word to the wise.

Btw it happened to me, as I told you before. There was a huge issue that SBM and I disagreed on concerning Pop, in fact we still disagree.
And there was a huge issue that skull and I disagreed on, and in fact we still disagree on even now.
Yet in both cases we agreed to be allowed to disagree, in other words, allowed to have divergent opinions, and in the process we have since found that there are many many other more important issues that we do find agreement in.
This would never have been possible had we not first ceased with our pissing contests.

If it comes to it, be the bigger man. However if you are, then refrain from gloating about it afterwards. That would be counter productive.

Yet if your true motivation is to sow discord, then I am quite certain that discord is all you will grow. And that is a bitter reward.

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 02:36 PM
xmas is a whiner. You take his whining to another level.

This is your response?
A whiner?
No, if anything these days I am a negotiator, I am a conciliator, and I am a traveler on the path to truth.
What are you? It seems to me you are on the path to bitterness, if you're not there already.
What are you proud to be?

Blake
10-29-2013, 02:50 PM
This is your response?
A whiner?
No, if anything these days I am a negotiator, I am a conciliator, and I am a traveler on the path to truth.
What are you? It seems to me you are on the path to bitterness, if you're not there already.
What are you proud to be?

here you're whining about people, including me.

why are you asking me personal questions?

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 03:03 PM
here you're whining about people, including me.

why are you asking me personal questions?

On the contrary, you confuse whining with conciliating or negotiating.
I am attempting to mediate.
I have nothing to whine about.
Why do you think I do?
I am asking you personal questions because it is the only way to get to the crux of the matter. That should be obvious, unless you think my motivation is to just whine for the sake of whining.
I am trying to get you to step away from the hostility, long enough to grasp a more positive and constructive perspective.
I am trying to get you to give your higher consciousness a chance to exude itself.

Blake
10-29-2013, 03:07 PM
On the contrary, you confuse whining with conciliating or negotiating.
I am attempting to mediate.
I have nothing to whine about.
Why do you think I do?
I am asking you personal questions because it is the only way to get to the crux of the matter. That should be obvious, unless you think my motivation is to just whine for the sake of whining.
I am trying to get you to step away from the hostility, long enough to grasp a more positive and constructive perspective.
I am trying to get you to give your higher consciousness a chance to exude itself.

i don't care what you're motivation is for whining. Just don't pretend you're not.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 03:19 PM
^no one can talk to an angry labeler ^ it only leads to flame wars^ this poster can't & won't be civil - but he accuses others of being angry^

hilarious to witness^

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 03:53 PM
i don't care what you're motivation is for whining. Just don't pretend you're not.

You don't care what my motivation to whine is?
And you don't want me to pretend not to?
Then what exactly am I supposed to do in your humble opinion?
I was trying to help you rise above all this, or was that too difficult for you to grasp?
But somehow, someway, you confuse it for whining?
That is pretty weird, Blake, I got to say.
Is this confusion problem of yours something you have had for a long time, or did it come on suddenly?

Blake
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
^no one can talk to an angry labeler ^ it only leads to flame wars^ this poster can't & won't be civil - but he accuses others of being angry^

hilarious to witness^

Yes, you're the angriest poster here.

The proof is in your gigantic meltdowns.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I was trying to help you rise above all this, or was that too difficult for you to grasp?
Is this confusion problem of yours something you have had for a long time, or did it come on suddenly?

He has always been an asshole - no matter how you try to speak to him - his butthurt inner asshole has to make an appearance - you will just lose patience.

Sucks that he can't be a man. Funny thing is - he swears he would say this to your face - nothing is funnier that hearing that.

Blake
10-29-2013, 04:04 PM

I don't care what you do. Whine all you want.

I'm not sure why you believe anyone wants your help. The confusion problem is yours.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 04:06 PM
^yes - let him insult all he wants^why would he ask people to converse with him^ let him insult^ why help him?^

Clipper Nation
10-29-2013, 04:21 PM

As much as I hate linking to the same lame "Alternet" site that boutons spams the political forum with, this is a good article that explains why you're wrong:

http://www.alternet.org/story/148555/is_atheism_a_belief

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't care what you do. Whine all you want.

I'm not sure why you believe anyone wants your help. The confusion problem is yours.

Is this your idea of civility? If so, it sure smacks of hostility.
And you persist in saying I'm whining? If the confusion is all mine, then why are you confusing whining with mediating?
Seems to me there is a very distinct difference.
I can still help you resolve your issues with your detractors though. You sure could use it IMHO.

^yes - let him insult all he wants^why would he ask people to converse with him^ let him insult^ why help him?^

I guess so, it certainly is a conundrum, if you ask me. :lol
This "whining" business must be a stumbling block for him.
I am willing to help him because I've seen some redeemable qualities about him, plus he has been hung out to dry by someone he once cared for. That has to be hard.
Maybe THAT is why he confuses things so much now.
It is amusing in a sad sort of way, yet I feel sorry for the poor fellow, confusing things so much.
Because the more he posts, the more he puts his foot in his mouth.
It must be difficult to be Blake.
Just once I would like to see him laugh about his own folly. That would be healing. :lol

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 04:24 PM
^clitternation snitch^ thinks he has credibility^

Clipper Nation
10-29-2013, 04:26 PM
^clitternation snitch^ thinks he has credibility^

:lol Whining when people don't discuss things with you in a civil manner
:lol Immediately flinging an insult when I'm being civil with you
:lol Wondering why your whining is not taken seriously

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Is this your idea of civility? If so, it sure smacks of hostility.
And you persist in saying I'm whining? If the confusion is all mine, then why are you confusing whining with mediating?
Seems to me there is a very distinct difference.
I can still help you resolve your issues with your detractors though. You sure could use it IMHO.

I guess so, it certainly is a conundrum, if you ask me. :lol
This "whining" business must be a stumbling block for him.
I am willing to help him because I've seen some redeemable qualities about him, plus he has been hung out to dry by someone he once cared for. That has to be hard.
Maybe THAT is why he confuses things so much now.
It is amusing in a sad sort of way, yet I feel sorry for the poor fellow, confusing things so much.
Because the more he posts, the more he puts his foot in his mouth.
It must be difficult to be Blake.
Just once I would like to see him laugh about his own folly. That would be healing. :lol

Everyone on the planet has gone through shit.

Not everyone on the planet says shit anonymously and pretends that this makes him tough.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 04:28 PM
:lol Whining when people don't discuss things with you in a civil manner
:lol Immediately flinging an insult when I'm being civil with you
:lol Wondering why your whining is not taken seriously

If and when you admit you snitched - and then speak to me in a civil manner - I will be more than a gentleman towards you.

This garbage of snitching on someone and then denying it - even after the proof was posted - is no way to be a credible man.

You get what you pay for.

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 04:38 PM
If and when you admit you snitched - and then speak to me in a civil manner - I will be more than a gentleman towards you.

This garbage of snitching on someone and then denying it - even after the proof was posted - is no way to be a credible man.

Well, there is such a thing as karma. Generally we are our own worst enemies when it comes to that. :lol

Blake
10-29-2013, 04:39 PM

There's no proof.

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
There's no proof.

Why do you need proof?
Aren't some things self evident?
Don't worry, I won't stoop to insults.
I've got better things to do than that. However you might take a word to the wise about that.
Lighten up, buddy, get some laughter in your life.
Not everyone is out to get you, or make fun of you.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 05:00 PM
There's no proof.

post #8 in the

"so what's the deal?" thread

proof/confirmation/snitch

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Both Avante AND sbm need the boot, they've ruined the Club completely with their meltdowns and shit threads....

clitternation snitch confirmation etched in spurstalk history :lmao

FuzzyLumpkins
10-29-2013, 05:25 PM

The Bible isn't doctrine? The Bible wasn't commissioned by Constantine and put together by the the Byzantine church? The Bible is not the word of god according to those of the faith? You yourself have been trying to claim that truth can be found there and then dissembling for weeks at this point.

Do you not know what epitome means? Apparently not.

In the catholic faith there are edicts by the church which are considered dogma but the protestant faith is centered around the notion that the individual can read the Bible and find God through his own meditations.

Things like hymnals and christian color books are not as good examples because they are not viewed as being as perfect. They are not uniform from church to church but the one commonality between all denominations from baptist to catholic is the bible.

Give me a better example of dogma in western culture.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Why do you need proof?
Aren't some things self evident?
Don't worry, I won't stoop to insults.
I've got better things to do than that. However you might take a word to the wise about that.
Lighten up, buddy, get some laughter in your life.
Not everyone is out to get you, or make fun of you.

This is baiting if I have ever seen it.

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 05:30 PM

Cuck baiting?

Damn - I need to learn this so I can use it!

xmas1997
10-29-2013, 05:38 PM

How so?
Because I am willing to help him resolve his issues with his detractors by mediation?
Dude, are you serious? Or as others keep saying, are you trolling, and baiting me again?
I am beginning to wonder about your intellect now.
And you questioned mine?

silverblk mystix
10-29-2013, 05:40 PM
How so?
Because I am willing to help him resolve his issues with his detractors by mediation?
Dude, are you serious? Or as others keep saying, are you trolling, and baiting me again?
And you questioned mine?

Intellect is a very nice way of putting it.

You are overestimating fuzzy limp clit!

FuzzyLumpkins
10-29-2013, 05:49 PM
How so?
And you questioned mine?

Because you are asking the question in reference to their insipid back and forth about snitching. Don't be coy.

You're 'helping' him?

What you are doing is confirming everyone's suspicions. You were much more subtle a week ago but you have devolved to inane bullshit like:

sbm: ur a snitch
blake: no im not. prove it.

you: why do you need proof? let me help you. some things are self evident and meditation can help you find the truth.

You showed your ass clearly that time.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Because you are asking the question in reference to their insipid back and forth about snitching. Don't be coy.

You're 'helping' him?

What you are doing is confirming everyone's suspicions. You were much more subtle a week ago but you have devolved to inane bullshit like:

you: why do you need proof? let me help you. some things are self evident and meditation can help you find the truth.

You showed your ass clearly that time.

It should be noted that xmas has not posted since this outing. Avante?

Blake
10-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Both Avante AND sbm need the boot, they've ruined the Club completely with their meltdowns and shit threads....

clitternation snitch confirmation etched in spurstalk history :lmao

Instead of crying "snitch", why aren't you crying "liar"?

This implies that you agree that you've ruined the club.

Damn you're stupid.