PDA

View Full Version : China is pissed

m>s
10-13-2013, 04:22 PM
http://m.ibtimes.co.uk/china-debt-ceiling-shutdown-xinhua-de-emericanised-513431.html

the American communist party must be stopped before all is lost

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 07:50 PM
There is no doubt that China made hay this week with Obama dissing the Asian and Pacific Rim conferences. We looked weak as hell. They were (being cash rich) forging economic assistance and economic alliances while Obama stayed home campaigning for himself for Prom King.

ElNono
10-13-2013, 07:52 PM
China will bend over backwards to sell us all that plastic shit they make...

boutons_deux
10-13-2013, 07:56 PM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/image/debt_chart_wh2.jpg

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infographics/us-national-debt

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't dismiss China as a third world trinket producer if I were you.

boutons_deux
10-13-2013, 07:58 PM
http://www.citizenceo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/us-debt-holders-july-2011.jpg

ChumpDumper
10-13-2013, 08:11 PM
There is no doubt that China made hay this week with Obama dissing the Asian and Pacific Rim conferences. We looked weak as hell. They were (being cash rich) forging economic assistance and economic alliances while Obama stayed home campaigning for himself for Prom King.Did you read the article?

ElNono
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't dismiss China as a third world trinket producer if I were you.

Nobody is dismissing them as a "third world trinket producer", but ultimately China simply does not have another country or even countries with the buying power of the US for their goods.

China needs the US as much as the US needs China. There's no other way to put it.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Did you read the article?

I did. Did you? Right now we look weak as hell and China looks strong. The article was just reporting on them rubbing it in.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Nobody is dismissing them as a "third world trinket producer", but ultimately China simply does not have another country or even countries with the buying power of the US for their goods.

China needs the US as much as the US needs China. There's no other way to put it.

China is a 4000 year old society that takes a longer world view than the US does. There's no other way to put it.

ElNono
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
China is a 4000 year old society that takes a longer world view than the US does. There's no other way to put it.

World view means shit if they don't have anybody else to keep their gazillion people employed. It's simple, the US goes down, so does China "great" economy.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I did. Did you? Right now we look weak as hell and China looks strong. The article was just reporting on them rubbing it in.Actually their prescribing fairly prudent courses of action seeing as the Republicans want to wreak havoc on the entire world economy if they don't get "something" they can't really define.

boutons_deux
10-13-2013, 08:41 PM
"we look weak as hell"

you bubbas and flag wavers, and the country overall, need to grow up and leave behind national machoism, chauvinism, jingoism, imperialism.

pgardn
10-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Total failure for some to see how we how closely linked the countries are economically.

The Nazi tries to do his best to put this into some WWII context with a dash of Cold War/fear communism.
Go figure. Nazi-man, maybe you could fossil hunt for some museum, I think it would suit you.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Actually their prescribing fairly prudent courses of action seeing as the Republicans want to wreak havoc on the entire world economy if they don't get "something" they can't really define.

I'm shocked.

Thats actually the closest I have ever seen the chumpmeister post an actual opinion instead of just ankle biting others opinions.

The US is not a Parliamentary government. Always in the past the moderates on both sides have tried to come together and work out palatable solutions that both sides can live with. I'm not saying that I support the current Republican obstructionism but the seeds were planted when Reed, Pelosi, and Obama did a parliamentary cram down of the ACA on the Republicans and this is the predictable pendulum swing. It will eventually work itself out, probably after the 2014 elections.

China doesn't have to worry about that shit. The Chinese equivalents of Pelosi and Cruz would be buried in jail. That is a strength as well as a weakness.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm shocked.

Thats actually the closest I have ever seen the chumpmeister post an actual opinion instead of just ankle biting others opinions.Well you get emotional and miss a lot of things.

The US is not a Parliamentary government. Always in the past the moderates on both sides have tried to come together and work out palatable solutions that both sides can live with. I'm not saying that I support the current Republican obstructionism but the seeds were planted when Reed, Pelosi, and Obama did a parliamentary cram down of the ACA on the Republicans and this is the predictable pendulum swing. It will eventually work itself out, probably after the 2014 elections.Nah, Republicans are now pulling this shit whenever they are out of power.

Impeachment attempt is next .

China doesn't have to worry about that shit. The Chinese equivalents of Pelosi and Cruz would be buried in jail. That is a strength as well as a weakness.Well, you made China's arguments for them. Doesn't make anything better for us.

m>s
10-13-2013, 09:12 PM
i'm not scared of china by themselves, as it's been said they need us as a market to dump their cheap shit and we could break them if we so chose to just with simple tariffs. what scares me is them rallying the rest of the world into going away from the dollar as the reserve currency and banding together to teach the bully a lesson.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 09:15 PM
i'm not scared of china by themselves, as it's been said they need us as a market to dump their cheap shit and we could break them if we so chose to just with simple tariffs. what scares me is them rallying the rest of the world into going away from the dollar as the reserve currency and banding together to teach the bully a lesson.

It's inevitable whether China leads the charge or not.

pgardn
10-13-2013, 09:18 PM

And you fear the American communist party?

You are all over the place. WTF are you inhaling...

m>s
10-13-2013, 09:20 PM
aka the dems...they're ruining our country and causing us to lose respect around the globe

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Funny. Most of you guys see China and the Far East from a WalMart consumer product perspective. I experience it from an industrial/technical perspective as well and you guys don't have a freaking clue how advanced they are.

ElNono
10-13-2013, 09:25 PM

The US simply has too many tentacles everywhere, as seen in the 2008 crisis. Plus whatever currency manipulation the US does pales in comparison to what China or other countries do with theirs.

The dollar will stop being a reserve currency when there's a better currency. Probably the amero, tbh... (kidding!)

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
BTW, it was nice to have an actual conversation in here for a change. Boutons on ignore, Trill and the other ignorant trolls missing...Chump actually participated in a conversation...might have to dip back in here on the occasional Sunday night. Otherwise, I'm done with this place. Just too much stupidity.

ElNono
10-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Funny. Most of you guys see China and the Far East from a WalMart consumer product perspective. I experience it from an industrial/technical perspective as well and you guys don't have a freaking clue how advanced they are.

You're still missing the point. Economically speaking, how "advanced" they are means jack if they can't sell what they make at the volume they're selling. See Japan, who was technically super-advanced a couple of decades ago.

China also has the double whammy of an oversized population. They need the jobs and they need their currency to be low as fuck to keep getting those jobs.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2013, 11:06 PM
china building cheap shit costs cutting gettin rid of t he competition till they have the whole market, then start raising prices....

boutons_deux
10-14-2013, 06:06 AM
You're still missing the point. Economically speaking, how "advanced" they are means jack if they can't sell what they make at the volume they're selling. See Japan, who was technically super-advanced a couple of decades ago.

China also has the double whammy of an oversized population. They need the jobs and they need their currency to be low as fuck to keep getting those jobs.

China also have widespread, horrible air, ground, water pollution killing 100Ks per year.

The Reckoning
10-14-2013, 06:21 AM
lol chinese cant manage their load.

:lol

just pull out chinaman

George Gervin's Afro
10-14-2013, 07:01 AM
BTW, it was nice to have an actual conversation in here for a change. Boutons on ignore, Trill and the other ignorant trolls missing...Chump actually participated in a conversation...might have to dip back in here on the occasional Sunday night. Otherwise, I'm done with this place. Just too much stupidity.

there is a lot of stupid on this forum

boutons_deux
10-14-2013, 08:17 AM

but most of you right wingers have fallen for the VRWC plot to disinvest in, destroy public schools by privatization to for-profit scammers, blame EVERYTHING on unionized, underpaid, overworked teachers rather than go in the opposite direction

As a result, after decades of Americans having "fun" and believing their own press releases USA! USA! USA! World Champion #!, of going to college fuck, drink, party, go to the games, get a piece of paper :

U.S. adults lag behind counterparts overseas in skills

A first-ever international comparison of the labor force in 23 industrialized nations shows that Americans ages 16 to 65 fall below international averages in basic problem-solving, reading and math skills, with gaps between the more- and less-educated in the USA larger than those of many other countries.

The findings, out Tuesday from the U.S. Department of Education, could add new urgency to U.S. schools' efforts to help students compete globally.

The new test was given to about 5,000 Americans between August 2011 and April 2012. The results show that the typical American's literacy score falls below the international average, with adults in 12 countries scoring higher and only five (Poland, Ireland, France, Spain and Italy) scoring lower. In math, 18 countries scored higher, with only two (Italy and Spain) scoring lower. In both cases, several countries' scores were statistically even with the USA.

TEST YOURSELF: Could you solve these problems? (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/08/education-workers-literacy-sample-tests-math/2936323)

The oldest Americans in the sample turned in a higher-than-average performance in reading, with 9% of test-takers between 55 and 65 years old scoring at the top proficiency level, compared to just 5% worldwide. In math, however, they were even with the 7% international average.

The problem, the new findings suggest, is with younger U.S. workers, who lag in nearly every category.

The results are "quite distressing," says Harvard University's Paul Peterson, co-author of Endangering Prosperity, a recent book on education and international competitiveness. "Other countries have been catching up for some time," he says. "At one time, we had a really significant lead, but those people are disappearing from the workforce."

"Adults who have trouble reading, doing math, solving problems and using technology will find the doors of the 21st century workforce closed to them," Education Secretary Arne Duncan says. "We need to find ways to challenge and reach more adults to upgrade their skills."

Other findings:

• Average literacy scores ranged from 250 in Italy to 296 in Japan. The U.S. average: 270.
• Average math scores ranged from 246 in Spain to 288 in Japan. The U.S. average: 253.
• Only 9% of U.S. adults performed at the highest proficiency level on math. Just three countries — South Korea, Italy and Spain — had a lower average.
• Overall, about one in eight Americans turned in a top performance in reading — seven countries had a higher percentage of top performers. In math, 15 countries had more top performers.
What brought the U.S. average down was a larger-than-average gap in skills between groups, such as those with or without a college degree, and between workers whose jobs do or don't require advanced math and reading skills.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/08/literacy-international-workers-education-math-americans/2935909/

And then look at the decrepit physical state of the average American at any age.

boutons_deux
10-14-2013, 08:19 AM
I expect Obama will dick-slap the Repugs with the 14th Amendment this week.

Wild Cobra
10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
China will bend over backwards to sell us all that plastic shit they make...

Yes, and we need to take measure to reduce our dependance on other nations. We need to crawl back out of the negative spiral we have been in for decades, and bring manufacturing jobs back to our shores.

boutons_deux
10-14-2013, 08:55 AM

good riddance

Wild Cobra
10-14-2013, 08:58 AM
BTW, it was nice to have an actual conversation in here for a change. Boutons on ignore, Trill and the other ignorant trolls missing...Chump actually participated in a conversation...might have to dip back in here on the occasional Sunday night. Otherwise, I'm done with this place. Just too much stupidity.good riddance
B-Shit...

I would have you on ignore if you didn't actually have a good point once in a while.

I agree with CC. This place is just finding it's way to the land fill. Too many trolls, race baiters, flame baiters, etc.

You hear that owners/moderators...

Your Spurstalk is becoming a shithole!

boutons_deux
10-14-2013, 09:00 AM
B-Shit...

I would have you on ignore if you didn't actually have a good point once in a while.

I agree with CC. This place is just finding it's way to the land fill. Too many trolls, flame baiters, etc.

You hear that owners/moderators...

WC didn't get laid last night?

WC, our resident unintended comedian, competing with XZ for senility. :lol

mouse
10-15-2013, 05:35 PM
This place is just finding it's way to the land fill. Too many trolls, race baiters, flame baiters, etc.

And what part of the www doesn't have all of the above?

Clipper Nation
10-16-2013, 01:44 AM
This place is just finding it's way to the land fill.
Where is this landfill? Could you triangulate it for us on Google Maps?