PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Oregon

Ghazi
10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
What a juggernaut this football program has become with no signs of slowing down.. That nike money and the amazing uniforms are paying dividenda. Mariota best qb in nation

DMX7
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
PAC-12 is just a soft conference. Good teams can look like world beaters. Oregon is legit this year though, and it is amazing because they aren't routinely recruiting top 5 classes the way Texas does or at least used to.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-13-2013, 09:46 PM
PAC-12 is just a soft conference. Good teams can look like world beaters. Oregon is legit this year though, and it is amazing because they aren't routinely recruiting top 5 classes the way Texas does or at least used to.

:lol calling the Pac-12 weak
:lol Big 12
:lol Baylor being the best team in that conference

Ghazi
10-14-2013, 04:17 AM
Pac 12 is without doubt the 2nd best conference in the nation.

Bill_Brasky
10-14-2013, 09:15 AM
no way. ACC is second best just because of Miami/FSU/Chimpsun

tlongII
10-14-2013, 09:16 PM
The PAC-12 is better than the SEC this year.

SEC = over-rated

Sisk
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM

SEC = over-rated

:lol

DMX7
10-14-2013, 10:03 PM
:lol calling the Pac-12 weak
:lol Big 12
:lol Baylor being the best team in that conference

Big 12 is having a down year, but Pac-12 (and 10) has been this way for years.

KoolAid Mans Brother
10-14-2013, 10:44 PM

SEC = over-rated

You say this same stupid shit every year, and every year the SEC is holding the crystal ball at the end of the year.

:loltlong
:lolBeavers losing to Eastern Washington
:lolBlazers a cripple basketball team
:lolcheering for an NFL team with a chimp game manager as QB

Pelicans78
10-15-2013, 12:25 AM

SEC = over-rated

Pac-12 is number two this season. SEC is still the best overall. They have a lot of top ten caliber teams.

Pelicans78
10-15-2013, 12:26 AM
no way. ACC is second best just because of Miami/FSU/Chimpsun

ACC is 3rd so far behind the PAC-12.

Pelicans78
10-15-2013, 12:28 AM
What a juggernaut this football program has become with no signs of slowing down.. That nike money and the amazing uniforms are paying dividenda. Mariota best qb in nation

Oregon's defense has been comparable to their offense so far considering they have to deal with a fast pace.

However Manziel is superior to Mariota.

Vito Corleone
10-15-2013, 03:07 AM
You say this same stupid shit every year, and every year the SEC is holding the crystal ball at the end of the year.

:loltlong
:lolBeavers losing to Eastern Washington
:lolBlazers a cripple basketball team
:lolcheering for an NFL team with a chimp game manager as QB

I hate stupid shit like this.
The Crystal football is held by a team not a conference. I don't see any Crystal footballs in Mississippi State's trophy case, or Missouri, or Aggsy, or South Carolina.

That's because the reside in the trophy case of Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Auburn.

This is like Spurs fans getting all happy when the Dallas Mavericks win the championship.

Vito Corleone
10-15-2013, 03:18 AM
The ACC has 3 top 10 teams the Pac 12 has two.

I would take the ACC over the Pac 12 right now. FSU and Clemson are legit, Miami is looking like old Miami which is scary.

In the Pac 12 you have Oregon and Maybe UCLA. I know Washington and Stanford are great teams but they also both lost. Stanford losing to Utah is not good. Washington got destroyed by Oregon. So for now I give the edge to ACC.

Pelicans78
10-16-2013, 07:16 AM
The ACC has 3 top 10 teams the Pac 12 has two.

I would take the ACC over the Pac 12 right now. FSU and Clemson are legit, Miami is looking like old Miami which is scary.

In the Pac 12 you have Oregon and Maybe UCLA. I know Washington and Stanford are great teams but they also both lost. Stanford losing to Utah is not good. Washington got destroyed by Oregon. So for now I give the edge to ACC.

You're just looking at the top 3-4 teams. From top to bottom the PAC-12 is better.

Sisk
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
This is like Spurs fans getting all happy when the Dallas Mavericks win the championship.

No, it is not.

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
The SEC has 8 teams in the top 25 right now :lol

People constantly bringing up "lol sec" "sec overrated" shows just how much the SEC rules college football. People can't get it out of their head. It can't be on top forever, but at the moment it still is easily the best conference.

The Reckoning
10-16-2013, 12:20 PM
The SEC has 8 teams in the top 25 right now :lol

People constantly bringing up "lol sec" "sec overrated" shows just how much the SEC rules college football. People can't get it out of their head. It can't be on top forever, but at the moment it still is easily the best conference.

1. Alabama
- record against ranked opponents in the SEC

2-0

6. LSU

1-1

7. Texas A&M

0-1

11. South Carolina

0-1

14. Mizzou

1-0

15. Georgia

2-1

22. Florida

0-1

24. Auburn

1-1

there are 2 SEC teams in the AP 25 with 0 losses

there are 4 SEC teams in the AP 25 with 1 loss

there are 2 SEC teams in the AP 25 with 2 losses

there are 10 non-SEC teams in the AP 25 with 0 losses

there are 5 non-SEC teams in the AP 25 with 1 loss

there are 2 non-SEC teams in the AP 25 with 2 losses

there are 2 one loss SEC teams ranked above UCLA, which has 0 losses

--------------------
*just some perspective on how bullshit the polls are. the AP doesn't mean jack when the BCS bowls come around. enough conference hype. you know the AP is doing it as well.

Blake
10-16-2013, 12:56 PM
The SEC's non conference play has been mediocre going back to the bowl games.

Blake
10-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Lol big XII #3

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/college-football-conference-power-rankings-week-seven/

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Sooo. there's 8 teams in the top 25....

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 01:18 PM
2013 NFL Draft players from each conference taken:

SEC East - 32
SEC West - 31
ACC - 31
Pac12 - 28
Big 12 - 22
Big Ten - 22

Blake
10-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Sooo. there's 8 teams in the top 25....

Aaaaand 14 teams in the SEC....

rjv
10-16-2013, 02:35 PM
i really have no way of knowing which conference is actually the best from top to bottom. but perception is often reality and if the perception is that the SEC is the most dominant conference then that conference will reap the benefits of such "reality". this will most likely be an advantage to SEC teams in the 4 team BCS set up next season in that a one loss team would still have a good chance of getting in.

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Aaaaand 14 teams in the SEC....

. So does the ACC. So will the big10 starting next year.

Blake
10-16-2013, 02:49 PM
That's nice.

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Top 8

1. #1 Alabama
2. #6 LSU
3. #7 A&M
4. #9 South Carolina
5. #14 Missouri
6. #15 Georgia
7. #22 Florida
8. #24 Auburn

1. #2 Oregon
2. #10 UCLA
3. #13 Stanford
4. #25 Washington
5. Oregon State
6. Arizona State?
7. Utah?
8. Washington State?

Vito Corleone
10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
2013 NFL Draft players from each conference taken:

SEC East - 32
SEC West - 31
ACC - 31
Pac12 - 28
Big 12 - 22
Big Ten - 22

loaded stat since no conf has more teams than the SEC. Did you know that more kids get drafted from FCS schools than from the SEC. Happens every year.

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 04:30 PM
You can rationalize all you want. 63 players taken with the next conference putting out less than half that at 31.

Vito Corleone
10-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Top 8

1. #1 Alabama
2. #6 LSU
3. #7 A&M
4. #9 South Carolina
5. #14 Missouri
6. #15 Georgia
7. #22 Florida
8. #24 Auburn

1. #2 Oregon
2. #10 UCLA
3. #13 Stanford
4. #25 Washington
5. Oregon State
6. Arizona State?
7. Utah?
8. Washington State?

Top 8 from the SEC = 57% Top 8 from Pac 12 = 67%
Apples and Oranges.

Something else to think about. SEC has 8 schools in the top 25, look at the schedules of each of those schools and count how many each will play of the others.

Alabama has games against 3 on that list with a possible 4th in the championship game.
aggsy will only play 3 on that list.
Georgia has the toughest road they play 4 on that list plus they also played Clemson, and they might have a 5th game in the SECCG

Oregon on the other hand will play 6 of the 7 on that list plus a Pac12CG, so that is 7. I'd say that Oregon has to face a lot more than any SEC team will have to face.

Blake
10-16-2013, 04:45 PM
lol Aggie being so happy to be in the SEC

Cotton Bowl will be glad to have you again.

Vito Corleone
10-16-2013, 05:02 PM
You can rationalize all you want. 63 players taken with the next conference putting out less than half that at 31.

I don't have to rationalize anything, my team has the 5th most players in the NFL. Again FCS schools put more kids in the NFL than the SEC does in any given year. I guess that makes the FCS a tougher league than the SEC.

I know it makes you feel so good to see so many SEC kids going to the NFL but for me this is what I care about.

Top 10 schools for putting kids in the NFL.

Florida, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Ohio State Texas, Cal, USC LSU, Georgia, and Miami

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1562509-power-ranking-the-15-biggest-nfl-factories-in-college-football/page/17

Blake
10-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Why does anyone care how many kids a college puts into the Nfl?

If I'm a Miami fan, that would piss me off

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 05:53 PM
It just shows where the most talent is. Usually teams with the most talent tend to be the best teams.

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 05:54 PM
lol Aggie being so happy to be in the SEC

Cotton Bowl will be glad to have you again.

If that's the case we'd be happy to destroy another big12 team just like last year. At least it'd be an easy W.

Well see if Texas declines the invite again though :lmao If I was them I would too, don't blame them. Would be a slaughter.

Blake
10-16-2013, 06:42 PM
If that's the case we'd be happy to destroy another big12 team just like last year. At least it'd be an easy W.

You should be frustrated that the best Aggie team in most people's lifetime with an all time top tier hall of fame QB has to settle for the cotton.

Should've stayed in the big 12.

And I'll save you the effort of responding:

:cry but Johnny wouldn't have started and we would be just a mediocre team per Aggie par :cry

DesignatedT
10-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Rather be in the SEC. For obvious reasons. Easily the best conference and it goes a lot further than just the football field.

Mike Sherman would have been head coach last year if it weren't for the move. Who knows what would happen with Manziel or if he saw the field or not. My guess is no considering he almost transferred. Not playing the what if game anymore though. A&M is a much more recognizable brand these days around the country, pulling in record numbers of donations and gifts. None of that would be happening if it weren't for the conference move. Only someone who is ignorant or just can't bare to give A&M any sort of credit would say that this move to the SEC has been a negative one. So stupid and it doesn't even merit a response tbqh.

Keep techin on though :tu

vander
10-16-2013, 10:09 PM

wait, is OP serious or patronizing?

if patronizing, I thought it was pretty funny

leemajors
10-17-2013, 10:15 AM

wait, is OP serious or patronizing?

if patronizing, I thought it was pretty funny

i took it as more he would probably flip his skin to Oregon by the end of the season.

leemajors
10-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Rather be in the SEC. For obvious reasons. Easily the best conference and it goes a lot further than just the football field.

Mike Sherman would have been head coach last year if it weren't for the move. Who knows what would happen with Manziel or if he saw the field or not. My guess is no considering he almost transferred. Not playing the what if game anymore though. A&M is a much more recognizable brand these days around the country, pulling in record numbers of donations and gifts. None of that would be happening if it weren't for the conference move. Only someone who is ignorant or just can't bare to give A&M any sort of credit would say that this move to the SEC has been a negative one. So stupid and it doesn't even merit a response tbqh.

did he flip from oregon after sumlin got hired?

Bill_Brasky
10-17-2013, 10:21 AM

the Sherman excuse? really? there was no question he was done after losing to derp mccoy. you woulda played for a title if you stayed. and you proved you could beat bama last year so go ahead and connect those dots and tell me you wouldn't rather have stayed and played for a title to put in your own trophy case rather than being able to have "conference pride" that really just stems from other schools having lots of trophies in THEIR cases.

Sisk
10-17-2013, 10:41 AM
the Sherman excuse? really? there was no question he was done after losing to derp mccoy. you woulda played for a title if you stayed. and you proved you could beat bama last year so go ahead and connect those dots and tell me you wouldn't rather have stayed and played for a title to put in your own trophy case rather than being able to have "conference pride" that really just stems from other schools having lots of trophies in THEIR cases.

If we delayed our move for a year, then went to the SEC, then whatever. The what if game is a slippery slope. Say Sumlin came here and Johnny plays. Does he get enough recognition to win the Heisman if he doesn't play in the SEC and get a huge signature win vs Bama? How much are our donations effected? We wouldn't be on CBS at all which would negatively affect our recognition nationally. However, if the situation you propose means we never go to the SEC but win the MNC, it's not worth it. The long term outweighs the short term greatly here.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Why do lolaggie fans think conference affiliation had anything to do with Sherman's job status? I'm genuinely curious since I've seen the Sherman excuse many times on here....

Sisk
10-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Why do lolaggie fans think conference affiliation had anything to do with Sherman's job status? I'm genuinely curious since I've seen the Sherman excuse many times on here....

Because it allowed for a "new conference, new start" situation. Sherman's job was in question well before the Texas game. If we stay in the Big 12 it makes the decision more difficult, though he would still probably get fired. Just less of a chance. That's my opinion.

DesignatedT
10-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Bill Byrne was ultimately let go because of his vocal stance against moving conferences. Sherman was Bill Byrne's guy. If the conference move never happened both of them being let go would have been delayed. Sherman losing to Texas did not immediately shove him out the door. Actually, he continued recruiting for a good awhile like he always did preparing for next season. It wasn't like he was fired immediately after the Texas game. It was a very controversial move within the AD whether to let him go or keep him for another year. Ultimately, A&M felt that with Byrne now gone and A&M moving conferences, that Sherman was not the right man for the job and was let go. If A&M never joined the SEC they wouldn't have fired Sherman at that time. Many felt he had the program on the right track, even with the loss to Texas.

As far as Manziel goes, I said who knows if he would have saw the field because Sherman loved Jameil Showers. Wouldn't have surprised me if Sherman went with more of a pocket passer to run his traditional offense. Then, there was the case of Manziel getting into a fight before the season and almost getting kicked off the team and transferring. If Sherman was still coach he most likely would have taken a much tougher and harder stance on letting Manziel back on the team compared to Sumlin and Manziel could have transferred.

DesignatedT
10-17-2013, 11:13 AM
People have to understand that if A&M never moved conferences that last Texas loss wouldn't have been that big of a game or that big of a deal. Just another loss to Texas and we would play them again next year. Sherman was under fire for losing that game because it was the "last time we were playing". If that wasn't the case than it wouldn't have been that big of a loss and he wouldn't have been let go.

DesignatedT
10-17-2013, 11:16 AM
So ultimately, it's impossible to know if A&M would have played for a title. A lot of variables in play. Big12 fans just keep saying this because it somehow makes them feel better about their shitty ass conference for some odd reason.

benefactor
10-17-2013, 11:34 AM
lol polls

leemajors
10-17-2013, 11:55 AM
So ultimately, it's impossible to know if A&M would have played for a title. A lot of variables in play. Big12 fans just keep saying this because it somehow makes them feel better about their shitty ass conference for some odd reason.

reverse is also true tbh

Blake
10-17-2013, 01:53 PM
However, if the situation you propose means we never go to the SEC but win the MNC, it's not worth it.

:lol wow.

Full retard.

Blake
10-17-2013, 02:07 PM
People have to understand that if A&M never moved conferences that last Texas loss wouldn't have been that big of a game or that big of a deal. Just another loss to Texas and we would play them again next year. Sherman was under fire for losing that game because it was the "last time we were playing". If that wasn't the case than it wouldn't have been that big of a loss and he wouldn't have been let go.

Neh. The Aggies had huge expectations and great talent. They miserably under achieved. I think Sherm was gone.

Even then, he was the one that brought Manziel in, so I'm not sure why anyone thinks Johnny still wouldn't have won the starting gig had Sherm stayed.

Sisk
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM
:lol wow.

Full retard.

In 30 years what will be more relevant to A&M?

2012 national championship
Benefits from being in the best conference for 30 years

Blake
10-17-2013, 03:34 PM

:lol :lol :lol wow

How about winning a title and staying in a power conference.

Anything to make yourself feel that it was and is still the best move. :lol

DesignatedT
10-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't have won a title, for the reasons already stated above.

Keep making yourself feel better about your shitty conference by thinking "if A&M stayed they would have won a title". Sad what the shit talking has resorted too from our former big12 foes. Before the move it was all about "you're going to get murdered every week" " you will be lucky to win a game" Now it's "well if you would have stayed you might have won a title" This is seriously the best they can come up with now after A&M has totally dominated and clearly benefited with their move in conferences.

:lol Assuming A&M would have played their cards the same if there was never a conference move.

Vito Corleone
10-17-2013, 06:31 PM

30 years ago, the best conference was? Any guesses? The Big 8 with a badass Colorado, Nebraska, and Oklahoma teams, OSU had Barry Saunders and even Missouri had some good teams.

You think the SEC will always be great, but in 30 years it might be the worse conference in America.

What happens if Texas and Oklahoma go to the Pac 12? All of a sudden that is the best conference in America. What happens if Texas and Oklahoma go to the ACC now that is the best conference in America.

You thinking the SEC will always be great is akin to Texas fan thinking Texas will always be great. Won't happen in either case.

Now lets talk about the real future.

Next year starts a move into a new era of college football with a 4 team playoff. I'm confident that this will expand maybe not to the size of the basketball playoffs but I think it will eventually reach a 16 team playoff. Now where would you rather be, in the SEC where you are fighting tooth and nail against other great teams to take one of those spots, or the Big 12 where you are good enough to win 9 or 10 games most years and not only get in but be a higher seed.

I'll take the lesser conference every time.

Blake
10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Wouldn't have won a title, for the reasons already stated above.

Keep making yourself feel better about your shitty conference by thinking "if A&M stayed they would have won a title". Sad what the shit talking has resorted too from our former big12 foes. Before the move it was all about "you're going to get murdered every week" " you will be lucky to win a game" Now it's "well if you would have stayed you might have won a title" This is seriously the best they can come up with now after A&M has totally dominated and clearly benefited with their move in conferences.

:lol Assuming A&M would have played their cards the same if there was never a conference move.

What bullshit.

And I felt better about my shitty conference the minute they signed their TV deals as well as the deal to have a power bowl game every year with your conference.

smh lolaggy

Sisk
10-17-2013, 09:57 PM
30 years ago, the best conference was? Any guesses? The Big 8 with a badass Colorado, Nebraska, and Oklahoma teams, OSU had Barry Saunders and even Missouri had some good teams.

You think the SEC will always be great, but in 30 years it might be the worse conference in America.

What happens if Texas and Oklahoma go to the Pac 12? All of a sudden that is the best conference in America. What happens if Texas and Oklahoma go to the ACC now that is the best conference in America.

You thinking the SEC will always be great is akin to Texas fan thinking Texas will always be great. Won't happen in either case.

Now lets talk about the real future.

Next year starts a move into a new era of college football with a 4 team playoff. I'm confident that this will expand maybe not to the size of the basketball playoffs but I think it will eventually reach a 16 team playoff. Now where would you rather be, in the SEC where you are fighting tooth and nail against other great teams to take one of those spots, or the Big 12 where you are good enough to win 9 or 10 games most years and not only get in but be a higher seed.

I'll take the lesser conference every time.

You just don't get it.

Sisk
10-17-2013, 09:57 PM
:lol :lol :lol wow

How about winning a title and staying in a power conference.

Anything to make yourself feel that it was and is still the best move. :lol

When does the Big 12 play on CBS?

DesignatedT
10-17-2013, 10:31 PM
And I felt better about my shitty conference the minute they signed their TV deals as well as the deal to have a power bowl game every year with your conference.

:lmao

Clipper Nation
10-17-2013, 10:55 PM
However, if the situation you propose means we never go to the SEC but win the MNC, it's not worth it.
You're retarded then, no sane person would turn down a national championship for conference affiliation, when the best conference is cyclical and you can't guarantee that the SEC will be on top forever....

Vito Corleone
10-18-2013, 12:29 AM
You just don't get it.

Oh I get it.

If you can't be a big time winner then put yourself in a place you can be apart of others success.

SECSECSEC

benefactor
10-18-2013, 06:09 AM
:lol would turn down a national championship if it meant not going to the SEC

I knew you guys were attention starved but we are reaching uncharted waters now.

Pelicans78
10-18-2013, 07:21 AM
The SEC's non conference play has been mediocre going back to the bowl games.

They were 6-3 in bowl games last year.

Pelicans78
10-18-2013, 07:25 AM
A&M would not go undefeated in the Big XII this season. Their defense would easily cost them a game.

Blake
10-18-2013, 07:48 AM
When does the Big 12 play on CBS?

never. Who cares?

Blake
10-18-2013, 07:58 AM
They were 6-3 in bowl games last year.

The Florida and Mississippi St losses were terrible. LSU should beat Clemson every time.

Aside from Georgia and Alabama, the rest of the bowl wins were less than impressive.

Pelicans78
10-18-2013, 08:06 AM
The Florida and Mississippi St losses were terrible. LSU should beat Clemson every time.

Aside from Georgia and Alabama, the rest of the bowl wins were less than impressive.

Agree about Florida and LSU, but Mississippi St were overrated last year. They shouldn't have even been in a New Year's Day bowl. Vandy was a better team last season but the bowl wanted to avoid a Vandy-Northwestern rematch. Northwestern was better than MSU last season.

Bill_Brasky
10-18-2013, 09:13 AM
never. Who cares?

thanks god, too, Verne and Gary are the worst.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 09:38 AM

Moving goal posts per usual

thanks god, too, Verne and Gary are the worst.

Yeah, national audiences suck :(

Blake
10-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Moving goal posts per usual

this isn't moving the goal posts and moving the goal posts isn't my usual.

I explained why i think the SEC's bowl season was mediocre.

Yeah, national audiences suck :(

Now that's a great example of a goal post move.

smh aggy.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah because CBS doesn't give more exposure, which is part of my argument of wanting to be in the SEC...

DesignatedT
10-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Not to mention the recruiting impact its had. A&M just landed the #1 player in the state today for 2014 and already has the #1 QB in the nation committed to them. :lol if you think that would be the case without the conference move :lol

DesignatedT
10-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Here's some exposure numbers for you:

Jason Cook ‏@jason_cook 16s
Texas A&M-Ole Miss most watched CFB game last week w/3.2 rating & 5.1m viewers, topping Texas-OU's 3.0 and 4.7m.

:lmao :lmao

A&M-Ole Miss is now bigger than Texas-OU.

Big12 baby!!!!!

Sisk
10-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Not to mention the recruiting impact its had. A&M just landed the #1 player in the state today for 2014 and already has the #1 QB in the nation committed to them. :lol if you think that would be the case without the conference move :lol

A&M has more 5 star commits than the entire big 12 combined.

leemajors
10-18-2013, 01:29 PM
commence 69

The Reckoning
10-18-2013, 02:58 PM
once manziel is out people will stop watching a&m. the whole corps conservative angle won't roll over too well imo.

flash in the pan, congrats.

Juan
10-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah. A&M looks so conservative with their black head coach :lmao

Juan
10-18-2013, 03:24 PM
All big12 people I meet are clearly butthurt about the success A&M is having and how much of a smart move it was for them to move. Realistic people will give them props :tu

Sisk
10-18-2013, 03:28 PM
once manziel is out people will stop watching a&m. the whole corps conservative angle won't roll over too well imo.

flash in the pan, congrats.

Worst thing is we have to decide between a Texas state championship winning QB or the highest rated 2014 QB in the country. :(

Juan
10-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Funny thing is all the A&M people I meet down at the UTSA games and stuff could care less about the state of the big 12 and the longhorns. It's all longhorn fans and big12 fans that can't stop talking about and obsessing over Manziel and A&M. The roles have truly reversed and its easy for somebody as neutral as me to notice.

The Reckoning
10-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Funny thing is all the A&M people I meet down at the UTSA games and stuff could care less about the state of the big 12 and the longhorns. It's all longhorn fans and big12 fans that can't stop talking about and obsessing over Manziel and A&M. The roles have truly reversed and its easy for somebody as neutral as me to notice.

you're kidding right? i guess you don't have social media.

anyway you're not neutral at all. you're UT's little brother.

Blake
10-18-2013, 04:26 PM

there are A&M people at UTSA games? Why?

Blake
10-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Here's some exposure numbers for you:

:lmao :lmao

A&M-Ole Miss is now bigger than Texas-OU.

Big12 baby!!!!!

Manziel is bigger than all four of those schools.

Blake
10-18-2013, 04:29 PM

And yet you still won't win the SEC any time soon.

Blake
10-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah because CBS doesn't give more exposure, which is part of my argument of wanting to be in the SEC...

Your goalposts have wheels

Vito Corleone
10-18-2013, 05:39 PM
LOL

You can bet that if aggsy achieves something over Texas they will be the first to tell the world about it.

What did you expect, no one expected that game to be competitive, especially Texas fans. I know lots of Longhorns that opted for the golf course over watching that game.

The funny part is aggsy thinks that this rating will magically make them the premier school in the state of Texas. In order for that to happen, aggsy are going to have to do something never seen in mine or my fathers lifetime. Win a championship. Not just one, but several, then you will pass up Daddy.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 05:51 PM
LOL

You can bet that if aggsy achieves something over Texas they will be the first to tell the world about it.

What did you expect, no one expected that game to be competitive, especially Texas fans. I know lots of Longhorns that opted for the golf course over watching that game.

The funny part is aggsy thinks that this rating will magically make them the premier school in the state of Texas. In order for that to happen, aggsy are going to have to do something never seen in mine or my fathers lifetime. Win a championship. Not just one, but several, then you will pass up Daddy.

Recruits seem to think that A&M is the premier school in Texas. That's what matters.

leemajors
10-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Recruits seem to think that A&M is the premier school in Texas. That's what matters.

Did UT a whole lot of good the last 4 years.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Did UT a whole lot of good the last 4 years.

And time will tell if Sumlin is good at identifying/coaching talent. He did well at Houston in these areas.

Bill_Brasky
10-18-2013, 07:05 PM
ratings/money smack. a&m fans are soooooooooo much different than UT fans.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Ratings is relevant to exposure, which we are arguing is a big reason we left for the SEC. Money is another reason the SEC is better for us.

Blake
10-18-2013, 08:17 PM
And time will tell if Sumlin is good at identifying/coaching talent. He did well at Houston in these areas.

He was lucky as hell to get Holgorson and Kingsbury as coordinators after having the program set up for him by Art Briles.

Blake
10-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Ratings is relevant to exposure, which we are arguing is a big reason we left for the SEC. Money is another reason the SEC is better for us.

"we're on CBS! That's the primetime big time!"

smh lolaggy

Bill_Brasky
10-18-2013, 08:24 PM

:lol those are things that schools like TCU and Baylor worry about. not land grant schools with PUF funding.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 08:32 PM
He was lucky as hell to get Holgorson and Kingsbury as coordinators after having the program set up for him by Art Briles.

How is our offense doing this year?

:lol those are things that schools like TCU and Baylor worry about. not land grant schools with PUF funding.

Every program should concern themselves with money and exposure.

Vito Corleone
10-18-2013, 10:21 PM

right now they do, guess what back in 2003 they thought Oklahoma was. Take a closer look at 2015, take a look at who is looking for a house in Austin. Guess what is going to happen if he comes to Austin.

Sisk
10-18-2013, 11:41 PM
right now they do, guess what back in 2003 they thought Oklahoma was. Take a closer look at 2015, take a look at who is looking for a house in Austin. Guess what is going to happen if he comes to Austin.

Keep dreaming.

DesignatedT
10-19-2013, 12:27 AM
"we're on CBS! That's the primetime big time!"

smh lolaggy

Lol Vandy and Kentucky projected to bring in 10-15mm more annually than Tech

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Vito Corleone
10-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Keep dreaming.

Aggsy fear is like golden drops of sunshine

symple19
10-19-2013, 03:10 AM

Insecurity

Sisk
10-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Aggsy fear is like golden drops of sunshine

:lol Let me know when yall get rid of Mack.

leemajors
10-19-2013, 11:10 AM

My brain stutters when I try to type a reply to him, I just can't do it. So much wrong.

Vito Corleone
10-19-2013, 11:18 AM

Let me know when any aggsy coach accomplishes half as much as he has at Texas.

Sisk
10-19-2013, 04:39 PM
My brain stutters when I try to type a reply to him, I just can't do it. So much wrong.

He's easily the worst poster on this board.

tlongII
10-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Let's see how the SEC honks spin this past weekend.

Pac-12 > SEC

:lol SEC

Vito Corleone
10-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Since I know who you are on Orangebloods I can easily say there isn't anyone that is a bigger digshit homer than you are. Well I take it back Designated T might actually be worse.

Sisk
10-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm not on orange bloods. How much real estate do I take up in your head? :lmao

@KirkHerbstreit: So, you think the SEC is overvalued?Since 06 Bowls vs Top 10 non conf opp. SEC 20-9, Pac12 8-17, Big12 4-11, B1G 4-20, Big E 2-10, ACC 5-29

Even a Buckeye knows the truth.

Vito Corleone
10-21-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm not on orange bloods. How much real estate do I take up in your head? :lmao

Even a Buckeye knows the truth.

Then someone on OB is going around saying the exact same things you say over here.

Sisk
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Then someone on OB is going around saying the exact same things you say over here.

Someone is on OB saying you're the worst poster? Not surprised.

Vito Corleone
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM

LOL that was a good one. :toast

KoolAid Mans Brother
11-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Let's see how the SEC honks spin this past weekend.

Pac-12 > SEC

:lol SEC

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Fall of Oregon. An Annual Tradition. :lol

Tune in next year for months of ESPN Cock sucking of Oregon, followed by the public's puppet string following, followed by the inevitable loss. :lmao

tlongII is a perfect example of believing what the media tells him to

tlongII
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM

Tune in next year for months of ESPN Cock sucking of Oregon, followed by the public's puppet string following, followed by the inevitable loss. :lmao

Not sure what that has to do with the SEC, but whatevah... The Pac-12 is just better.

symple19
11-15-2013, 10:08 PM

:lmao @ your sig

That is Bielema, right? :lol

Sisk
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
:lmao @ your sig

That is Bielema, right? :lol

Yes it is. AKA one of the worst hires ever. Him and Arkansas deserve each other.

Clipper Nation
11-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Oregon will always be exposed by physical defenses as long as they run Kelly's system, tbh.... Boise established that in '09 and it's happened every year since then :lol

Sisk
11-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Not sure what that has to do with the SEC, but whatevah... The Pac-12 is just better.

Better at what?

tlongII
11-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Better at what?

Everything.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-17-2013, 11:03 AM

I wonder if the media is where he got the idea to go out and get a mail order bride :lol

Sisk
11-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Everything.

leemajors
11-18-2013, 09:40 AM

tbh I think the two headed monster of sa210 and sbm is far worse, worse than avante even.