PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Corey Maggette threatening to retire if he doesn't make the roster

irishock
10-14-2013, 01:23 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230204/Corey-Maggette-To-Retire-From-NBA-If-He-Doesnt-Make-Spurs

Corey Maggette said on Sunday that he will retire as a basketball player if he does not make the San Antonio Spurs' roster.
Maggette added he knew making the Spurs' roster would be an uphill battle on a non-guranteed contract, but a chance he wanted to take given he had no other offers.
"If I could get an opportunity here, it would be great," Maggette said. "If not, this game has been good to me.”
Maggette posted 10 points on one of four shooting in Sunday's preseason game against the Phoenix Suns.

I would too if I couldn't beat out Nando De Colo for a roster spot.

Rogue
10-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Nigga just realized he'd signed with the wrong team imho. he wants to become a FA again and sign elsewhere, and he ain't the first NBA player who used retirement as a pretext imho. if he wanted legit money & playing time he would've chosen a team on the lower half of the table. He wanted to ring and Miami have always been the most appealing choice for players with that purpose, but sadly Miami didn't even want to offer him a bench-warming job.