PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Trilogy?

Phillip
10-14-2013, 08:56 PM
My vote is a tie between The Dark Knight trilogy and Toy Story trilogy.

resistanze
10-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Godfather Trilogy
Bourne Trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy

Phillip
10-14-2013, 09:04 PM
And to clarify, I mean personal favorite, not necessarily the finest films. For instance, I think its hard to say there are many better trilogies of movies than the Godfather Trilogy, but I personally like others better.

I should probably rename the title.

EDIT - renamed title of thread

Rogue
10-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Men in Black Tri is my choice. that nigga Will is a true badass who never gets old and is always funny as hell. and I don't know why people rate dark knight that high. It's been quite a while since the last good batman film was made imho, it seems they always fail to find the right actor for batman in recent years tbh

lefty
10-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Godfather Trilogy
Bourne Trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy

BTF was great; BTF 2 was good; BTF 3 was shit
so as a trilogy, overall, not up there imo.

Same goes with GF. I loved 1 and 2 but 3 was shit.

I agree on Bourne though

resistanze
10-14-2013, 09:09 PM

I agree on Bourne though

BTTF was never supposed to have a sequel, so understandable, tbh. Still enjoyed all three movies growing up.

The Godfather 3 wasn't THAT bad, it just came after GF2 :lol

NASpurs
10-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Bourne Trilogy
Mission Impossible
Naked Gun

Rogue
10-14-2013, 09:19 PM

I agree on Bourne though

This format applies to most trilogies imho, with few exceptions like Rambo. the first 3 rambo films were all classic, rambo 4 was rather poor but there was like a twenty-year time from the Rambo 3 should it should be considered an independent film more than a sequel of the Rambo series imho. IronMan 1 was great, 2 was average but somehow was made to look decent by my goddess, while IronMan 3 was pure pigshit, and the Terminator trio as well.

Man in black is another exception. never watched MiB 2 but i heard that movie was shitty but Man in Black 3 turned out to be a great one and resurrected the legend of this franchise imho

mrsmaalox
10-14-2013, 09:23 PM
I like the DePalma one you guys talked about in the other thread---"Dressed To Kill", "Blowout", and "Body Double."

Chief Brody
10-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Naked Gun
+1

Original Star Wars trilogy
Fistful of Dollars/For Few Dollars More/TGTBTU
Oldboy trilogy (even though I wasn't crazy about the other two, Oldboy was just that fucking good)

lefty
10-14-2013, 09:26 PM
BTTF was never supposed to have a sequel, so understandable, tbh. Still enjoyed all three movies growing up.

The Godfather 3 wasn't THAT bad, it just came after GF2 :lol

True GF2 raided that bar really high

It was still nice to see Michael die alone surrounded by lolcats

Karma is a bitch

IronMan 1 was great, 2 was average but somehow was made to look decent by my goddess, while IronMan 3 was pure pigshit, and the Terminator trio as well.

:lol GTFO

Iron Man 3 was good until that retarded Mandarin twist .... WTF was that shit ..... Kinglsey was awesome as Mandarin, shit was intense ....... then Trevor.

Also retarded : Pepper with Extermis superpowers ........ it was funny to see her smash the armor in midair and stomp Killian though :lol

Favreau directed IM 1 and 2, he should have done IM3 imo

Spur|n|Austin
10-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Matrix's were pretty entertaining.
Star Wars
The Dark Knights
Terminators
Die Hards
National Lampoon Vacations

Rogue
10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
True GF2 raided that bar really high

It was still nice to see Michael die alone surrounded by lolcats

Karma is a bitch

:lol GTFO

Iron Man 3 was good until that retarded Mandarin twist .... WTF was that shit ..... Kinglsey was awesome as Mandarin, shit was intense ....... then Trevor.

Also retarded : Pepper with Extermis superpowers ........ it was funny to see her smash the armor in midair and stomp Killian though :lol

Favreau directed IM 1 and 2, he should have done IM3 imo
Iron Man 3 was pure shit from teeth to toes tbh, and don't blame Mandarin just because it seems to have something to do with chinese. You Americans have a habit of blaming us chinks for every single one of your own troubles that you're struggling with, I know that, but the script of Iron Man 3 was just as poor as the quality of those IronMan suits that it appeared to be late in the film where the Iron suits were sliced apart one after another like tofus. Iron Man 3 was deemed to be an epic fail, with or without Mandarin imho. even though Favreau is a baddass, i don't see how he would've made a significant difference given the shitty script and the absence of my goddess even if he were the director of that film.

Iron Man 2 was a sheer downgrade from Iron Man 1 and it could've turned out to be a failure too but thankfully my goddess saved that film single-handedly.

lefty
10-14-2013, 10:34 PM
and don't blame Mandarin just because it seems to have something to do with chinese.

Where the fuck did you get that ?

benefactor
10-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Raiders/Temple of Doom/The Last Crusade

CubanSucks
10-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Wtf u think

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176496&highlight=trilogy

LotR was by far the most complete trilogy. All three at LEAST 8/10. Godfather 3 wasn't terrible but still a lame snoozer. Return of the Jedi was just as much a sellout kids movie as the recent trilogy. TDK trilogy would've been a solid second if it weren't for the huge plot holes in TDKR. Toy Story's great but the third they went way too far up their own ass and forgot they're supposed to be making kids movies, too fucking dark and depressing. Man with no name trilogy is up there too

CubanSucks
10-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Wtf u think

LotR was by far the most complete trilogy. All three at LEAST 8/10. Godfather 3 wasn't terrible but still a lame snoozer. Return of the Jedi was just as much a sellout kids movie as the recent trilogy. TDK trilogy would've been a solid second if it weren't for the huge plot holes in TDKR. Toy Story's great but the third they went way too far up their own ass and forgot they're supposed to be making kids movies, too fucking dark and depressing. Man with no name trilogy is up there too

Chief Brody
10-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Wtf u think

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...hlight=trilogy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176496&highlight=trilogy)

Leetonidas
10-14-2013, 11:12 PM
I know I'll incite lulz but the Spiderman trilogy was one of my favorite movie trilogies tbh I thought emo Parker was a badass, he even pimp slapped that ho MJ :lol

RD2191
10-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I know I'll incite lulz but the Spiderman trilogy was one of my favorite movie trilogies tbh I thought emo Parker was a badass, he even pimp slapped that ho MJ :lol
Gay

monosylab1k
10-14-2013, 11:20 PM
My favorite part of the LOTR trilogy were the parts where i'd fall asleep, wake up 45 minutes later, and still miss nothing important.

"What did i miss?"
"The two hobbits are still walking, and the elves and dwarves are still with Viggo Mortensen prepping for some epic battle at the end. The other two hobbits are still providing generic comic relief."

RD2191
10-14-2013, 11:22 PM
My favorite part of the LOTR trilogy were the parts where i'd fall asleep, wake up 45 minutes later, and still miss nothing important.

"What did i miss?"
"The two hobbits are still walking, and the elves and dwarves are still with Viggo Mortensen prepping for some epic battle at the end."
:lmao

CitizenDwayne
10-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I like the DePalma one you guys talked about in the other thread---"Dressed To Kill", "Blowout", and "Body Double."

If that counts as a trilogy, I second that.

Also:

Godfather (3 is a good movie, dammit!)
Man with No Name
original Star Wars films

Leetonidas
10-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Gay

Please detach yourself from my scrotum, thanks

RD2191
10-14-2013, 11:28 PM
:lmaoFag

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm going to ignore fourth movies.

Lord of the Rings
Mad Max
Lethal Weapon

That's 9 fucking badass movies

Holden_Caulfield
10-14-2013, 11:37 PM
harold and kumar :lol

monosylab1k
10-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Cornetto trilogy is another good one

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Plus the Clint Eastwood westerns. Not sure how to group them though.

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Snap. Plus the Dirty Harrys

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Rocky 1-3

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Also DePalma's Gangster Trilogy

Scarface
The Untouchables
Carlito's Way

That's the shit right there

Chief Brody
10-14-2013, 11:48 PM
The Air Bud Trilogy

lefty
10-14-2013, 11:49 PM

"What did i miss?"
"The two hobbits are still walking, and the elves and dwarves are still with Viggo Mortensen prepping for some epic battle at the end. The other two hobbits are still providing generic comic relief."
:lmao

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:52 PM
The Air Bud Trilogy

Lol asshole. What's the third?

Chief Brody
10-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Lol asshole. What's the third?
Air bud: World Pup

cantthinkofanything
10-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Air bud: World Pup

Ok. Good call.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Rush Hour for me

The Reckoning
10-15-2013, 03:20 AM
Wtf u think

LotR was by far the most complete trilogy. All three at LEAST 8/10. Godfather 3 wasn't terrible but still a lame snoozer. Return of the Jedi was just as much a sellout kids movie as the recent trilogy. TDK trilogy would've been a solid second if it weren't for the huge plot holes in TDKR. Like the plot when Batman climbs out of a hole. Toy Story's great but the third they went way too far up their own ass and forgot they're supposed to be making kids movies, too fucking dark and depressing. Man with no name trilogy is up there too

The Reckoning
10-15-2013, 03:23 AM
T1-3 are solid.

EmoHipstercan
10-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colors trilogy.

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2013, 04:04 AM
taboo 1 2 3 :)

mrsmaalox
10-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Cornetto trilogy is another good one
Oh wow, thanks for reminding me I haven't seen the last one.

benefactor
10-15-2013, 06:00 AM

"What did i miss?"
:lol

benefactor
10-15-2013, 06:10 AM
T1-3 are solid.
T3 was just ok for me...save the crane scene which from an all out carnage standpoint is one of the greatest chase scenes ever.

It's still a great trilogy though, as T1 and T2 are legendary.

CubanSucks
10-15-2013, 07:05 AM

"What did i miss?"

:rolleyes and then there's the opposite of this, the "there's too many characters and places to remember! They got too far ahead of themselves!" type of whiners. Troll harder bitch

Also DePalma's Gangster Trilogy

Scarface
The Untouchables
Carlito's Way

That's the shit right there

Not a trilogy you queer

Rogue
10-15-2013, 07:08 AM
agree with bene. T3 is a bit overrated and that bitch terminator looked too hot and sexy for a cold-blooded killer imho, and Arnold already looked a bit too old in T3.

Rush Hour 1 was funny as shit and I almost pissed my pants laughing when watching it for the first time but its two sequels are just average imho. The chink & nigga combo was probably the most absurd duo in hollywood's history and although they looked funny in the first film, people got tired of them gradually imho. and there ain't gonna be no Rush Hour 4 (not with the same actors at least) since Jackie is too old n Tucker too fat now.

ColinB
10-15-2013, 09:42 AM
The Evil Dead.

DeadlyDynasty
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM
:rolleyes and then there's the opposite of this, the "there's too many characters and places to remember! They got too far ahead of themselves!" type of whiners. Troll harder bitch

Not a trilogy you queer

Hobbits have killed your social life.

xmas1997
10-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Lord of the Rings
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones
Eric Claptons' Crossroads Guitar Festivals

cantthinkofanything
10-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Not a trilogy you queer

Just because it doesn't carry on the same story doesn't mean it's not a trilogy. Those three films are commonly grouped together and called DePalma's gangbusters trilogy.

cantthinkofanything
10-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

That's a trilogy. But what about High Plains Drifter?

mrsmaalox
10-15-2013, 10:15 AM
If that counts as a trilogy, I second that.

I saw an interview with Brian De Palma a few years ago, and he called them a trilogy so that's what I consider them. His gangster movies are popularly called a trilogy also but I didn't hear him refer to them that way.

cantthinkofanything
10-15-2013, 10:23 AM
On Through the Night
High and Dry
Pyromania

Mr. Blonde
10-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Superman Trilogy with Christopher Reeve....suck it I like Richard Pryor in III. :lol

and you can flush part IV down the toilet.

mrsmaalox
10-15-2013, 10:32 AM
On Through the Night
High and Dry
Pyromania I prefer the trilogy without On Through The Night that includes Hysteria

cantthinkofanything
10-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Superman Trilogy with Christopher Reeve....suck it I like Richard Pryor in III. :lol

and you can flush part IV down the toilet.

They've been running some of these on HBO or something. Amazing how great I thought the effects were at the time.

cantthinkofanything
10-15-2013, 10:33 AM
I prefer the trilogy without On Through The Night that includes Hysteria

yeah...but that was a pretty big departure

CubanSucks
10-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Hobbits have killed your social life.

I know. These few minutes of my time I'm taking to write these comments have really cut into my partying life style

cantthinkofanything
10-15-2013, 02:32 PM
I know. These few minutes of my time I'm taking to write these comments have really cut into my partying life style

LOL. But I bet it does distract you from cumming in you boyfriend's mouth.

AaronY
10-15-2013, 04:27 PM

"What did i miss?"
Lol'd

Spurminator
10-15-2013, 04:36 PM
It's not my favorite but Before Sunrise / Before Sunset / Before Midnight deserves mention.

jeebus
10-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I have four:

Land Before Time I-III
Land Before Time IV-VI
Land Before Time VII-IX
Land Before Time X-XII

AaronY
10-15-2013, 07:10 PM
It's not my favorite but Before Sunrise / Before Sunset / Before Midnight deserves mention.
Please tell me you're not a dude