PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Lebron James: "I Idolized Kobe In High School"

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
here ya go HarlemHo.....This blatant contradiction is why Lebronze cant be trusted .:lol

First He Said This:

TNT’s Craig Sager asked how it is playing against Kobe Bryant. James mentioned how Bryant goes 100% on each possession, but he also said the following:

“He’s someone I idolized in high school.”

James then expanded on the above in his post-game locker room interview (http://www.nba.com/heat/video/originals/):

[Kobe] was someone when I was in high school I looked up to. [Kobe] going straight out of high school and seeing the success he had, I looked up to him. Like I said, its always a pleasure and honor to be out on the same court with one of the greatest.”

Now he's saying this:

LeBron told Broussard that Jordan and Iverson were his two favorite players growing up:
I watch Jordan more than anybody, for sure. But I'll watch tapes of AI [Allen Iverson] too. I don't take anything from AI. Well, I do -- his will. They say he was six feet, but AI was like 5'10½". Do we even want to say 160? 170 [pounds]? Do we even want to give him that much weight? And he played like a 6'8" 2-guard. He was one of the greatest finishers we've ever seen. You could never question his heart. Ever. He gave it his all. AI was like my second favorite player growing up, after MJ.

FkLA
10-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Pretty normal for younger generations to look up to older players imo. Atleast it wasnt a creepy obsession like Kobe had with MJ tbh.

DMC
10-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Yet he selected 23 as his number.

/troll thread

ambchang
10-15-2013, 03:50 PM
The Kang said he "idolized" Kobe because he went straight from high school to pros. He never said Kobe was his favourite player. Those are two distinct things.

D-Wade
10-15-2013, 04:09 PM
And now the student has become the teacher... Nuff said.

Thebesteva
10-15-2013, 04:15 PM
And now the student has become the teacher... Nuff said.

Lebron's a fad, just like pogs. He will fade with the "heat fans" sooner than later.

CitizenDwayne
10-15-2013, 04:21 PM
So he can't have more than one role model? I'm confused.

Leetonidas
10-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Another stupid thread by HasAids_Man tossing Kobe's salad and trying to reach for something that's not there. Nothing to see here.