PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Atheists Challenge - Design A Better Universe

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Okay. Here is your chance to design a universe that is better than the one we live in. Many people claim that the poor design of our universe and/or God's involvement or lack thereof results in a universe that is unacceptable. In order to present a thorough model, please address all the following issues:

Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?
What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?
How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?
What will you do with those beings who break your rules?
What laws of physics will you use?

I encourage you to "think outside the box." The universe you design does not have to be similar to our universe. Change the laws of physics. Think about gravity, thermodynamics, matter, energy, etc. Think about the beings who you create. How will they interact with you and each other (you don't have to use the five senses that we have)? My goal is to get you to think deeply about the issues of free will and love and how those issues are affected by the physical laws. I look forward to your ideas.

If you are a type A atheist, who knows something about physics and theology, we want your ideas! You assignment will be to examine the four fundamental forces of physics and specifically modify (or eliminate) them improve your design for spiritual creatures:

Strong nuclear force (keeps protons within atomic nuclei from flying away)
Weak nuclear force (responsible for phenomena within the atomic nucleus, such as radioactive decay)
Gravity (attraction between masses)
Electromagnetic force (which governs interactions of charged particles)

For theology, you need to design a universe that meets all of God's requirements:

Your universe must allow for the existence of sentient creatures.
These sentient creatures must have the ability to make moral choices.
Your universe must operate by physical laws that are reliable, so that the sentient creatures will be able to interact reliably with their surroundings and each other.
Your universe must declare your power and glory.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/icandobetter.html

RD2191
10-15-2013, 05:43 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/27ea6c80a9e6383379f2c68d11173df4/tumblr_inline_mgp4vklsyH1qio468.gif

Clipper Nation
10-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Not agreeing that an invisible sky man invented the universe =/= thinking the universe is "unacceptable"

2pac > Kobe
10-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Not agreeing that an invisible sky man invented the universe =/= thinking the universe is "unacceptable"
design a better universe pussy

The Reckoning
10-15-2013, 05:51 PM
sugar, heroin, ecstasy and cocaine are actually good for me

i never have to work and have unlimited spending capabilities

i have first pick on all women

my "job" is to inseminate as many women at my leisure as possible

DMC
10-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Trayvon is still alive:depressed

ohmwrecker
10-15-2013, 06:02 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cleREvd5beU/UYK0XBmtDHI/AAAAAAAALno/I9msPiMii8I/s1600/pouring-out-liquor.gif

DMC
10-15-2013, 06:09 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cleREvd5beU/UYK0XBmtDHI/AAAAAAAALno/I9msPiMii8I/s1600/pouring-out-liquor.gif

The ironic thing about that practice is that, had the guy poured out the drink instead of drinking it, he'd probably still be alive.

ohmwrecker
10-15-2013, 06:34 PM
The ironic thing about that practice is that, had the guy poured out the drink instead of drinking it, he'd probably still be alive.

Who?

m>s
10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
The dead person theyre pouring it out for idiot

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 06:52 PM
For theology, you need to design a universe that meets all of God's requirements:

Your universe must allow for the existence of sentient creatures.
These sentient creatures must have the ability to make moral choices.
Your universe must operate by physical laws that are reliable, so that the sentient creatures will be able to interact reliably with their surroundings and each other.
Your universe must declare your power and glory.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/icandobetter.htmlFrom a theological standpoint, I would pass on the universe's declaring my power and glory. God is pretty damn insecure tbh.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:06 PM
From a theological standpoint, I would pass on the universe's declaring my power and glory. God is pretty damn insecure tbh.

Finite Brain..Finite thoughts!!! :hat

Life is love....therefore God is Love for sharing it with us...I bow before the almighty....

OL5iKgjSc74

exstatic
10-15-2013, 07:11 PM

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Finite Brain..Finite thoughts!!! :hat

Life is love....therefore God is Love for sharing it with us...I bow before the almighty....

OL5iKgjSc74You better, or he will kill you.

Or he just might kill you anyway. Eventually he definitely will.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:13 PM
You better, or he will kill you.

Or he just might kill you anyway. Eventually he definitely will.

then he will resurrect me to eternal glory

Katherine Robinson
Are you afraid maggots will skullfuck you after you die, Kevin? Just request cremation.

silverblk mystix
You cannot improve on perfection.

The universe is perfect already.

No one knows and no one will ever know who created it and it does not even matter. You are surrounded by perfection and all you know how to do is sit there and argue about it and try to fix what does not need fixing.

All is well.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:14 PM
if Jesus can be tortured and die for our sins then why can't I...

mouse
10-15-2013, 07:15 PM
The dead person theyre pouring it out for idiot

:lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MIT-on-Evolution/th_Evolution-dead-proof-003.jpg (http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/MIT-on-Evolution/Evolution-dead-proof-003.mp4)

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Are you afraid maggots will skullfuck you after you die, Kevin? Just request cremation.

I welcome them to feast on Kool's corpse as my spirit has nothing to do with my body...my spirit right now is what I cherish..my body is just a shell...a temporary physical conduit on the pathway to eternal life

ChumpDumper
then he will resurrect me to eternal gloryMaybe not.

You might not have done everything he wants.

mouse
if Jesus can be tortured and die for our sins then why can't I...

Your mother wasn't a Virgin?

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:17 PM
M>S is a Christian and yet he wants to kill all blacks...God has a special chamber for this guy...it's ironic though that he's even a believer in the minority Jesus

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Maybe not.

You might not have done everything he wants.

Perhaps but Jesus did die for our sins and since I'm imperfect I qualify for that mercy

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Your mother wasn't a Virgin?

at some point she was :lol

DMC
10-15-2013, 07:19 PM
You cannot improve on perfection.

The universe is perfect already.

No one knows and no one will ever know who created it and it does not even matter. You are surrounded by perfection and all you know how to do is sit there and argue about it and try to fix what does not need fixing.

All is well.

You're in prison most of the day, you make a meager wage and you aren't damaging any real pussy. I have to agree with you, all is well.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Perhaps but Jesus did die for our sins and since I'm imperfect I qualify for that mercyWhat did people do before that to go to the heaven?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
You cannot define me as an atheist. I do not front certainty.

Saying the universe 'works' is not proof of God. It just means that those physical laws, forces, circumstances, etc are real. If you are trying this pedantic tact you should acknowledge the Higgs field and how it operates rather than bust out physics as it is taught to lower division undergrads so as to try and make your notion credible.

DMC
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
What did people do before that to go to the heaven?

Oh that's easy. They roasted other people, raped children and butchered women (but not virgins, those were saved for special occasions).

m>s
10-15-2013, 07:26 PM
yet he wants to kill all blacks
not true

Koolaid_Man
What did people do before that to go to the heaven?

they didn't qualify till the sacrifice

Katherine Robinson
I welcome them to feast on Kool's corpse as my spirit has nothing to do with my body...my spirit right now is what I cherish..my body is just a shell...a temporary physical conduit on the pathway to eternal life

If that is what you welcome, you fear death and oppose those who do not believe in theist ideology.

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 07:27 PM
they didn't qualify till the sacrificeSo Moses went to hell?

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:28 PM
not true

when the revolution starts what are you going to do with sell-outs like Herman Cain, Allen West, and Clarence Thomas :lol...them boys gonna be in trouble...fought all their lives for your cause and you plan to hang them from a tree...:lol

silverblk mystix
10-15-2013, 07:29 PM
You're in prison most of the day, you make a meager wage and you aren't damaging any real pussy. I have to agree with you, all is well.

I am blissful all day long and cannot wipe the smile off of my face most days and I am on a high better than any drug ever invented.

Even though you have a hideous and fat nasty wife - the rest of your life can't be that bad that you are always an angry, unhappy, ignorant douche - can it?

:lol

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 07:30 PM
SBM gleefully threatened johnsmith's family before he chickened out with a huge smile on his face..

m>s
10-15-2013, 07:33 PM
when the revolution starts what are you going to do with sell-outs like Herman Cain, Allen West, and Clarence Thomas :lol...them boys gonna be in trouble...fought all their lives for your cause and you plan to hang them from a tree...:lol

I wouldn't kill anyone because of race, my policy as Fuhrer will be the deport all non Aryans to their countries of origin. I'm torn on whether to deport all the blacks because most of them weren't brought here on their own accord and they're not all communists deep down. I'd most likely enact racial purity laws stating that minorities can never be more than 10% of the US population at any given time.

However communists of any color would be shown no mercy, doused in gasoline and lit on fire as the floor drops out from under them, hanging them.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:33 PM
So Moses went to hell?

yes...look up the Hebrew definition of hell..which is translated hades which means the common grave :hat

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 07:34 PM
yes...look up the Hebrew definition of hell..which is translated hades which means the common grave :hatSeems pretty unfair since he did everything God wanted, and you haven't really done shit.

God is a capricious egomaniac.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't kill anyone because of race, my policy as Fuhrer will be the deport all non Aryans to their countries of origin. I'm torn on whether to deport all the blacks because most of them weren't brought here on their own accord and they're not all communists deep down. I'd most likely enact racial purity laws stating that minorities can never be more than 10% of the US population at any given time.

However communists of any color would be shown no mercy, doused in gasoline and lit on fire as the floor drops out from under them, hanging them.

what about Herman Cain, Allen West, and Clarence Thomas? :lol they're on your side eh?

m>s
10-15-2013, 07:37 PM
what about Herman Cain, Allen West, and Clarence Thomas? :lol they're on your side eh?

If they can prove their lineage going back several generations in this county and pass a conservative psyche test, and prove that they're an asset to the economy they'd stay.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Seems pretty unfair since he did everything God wanted, and you haven't really done shit.

God is a capricious egomaniac.

once Jesus died then Moses had a chance for resurrection..I think Jesus was before Moses....and further more..Moses and many others like him had an unfair advantage in my opinion....yes they were considered faithful but they were also allowed to have many wives and concubines..If I could have hundreds of wives and mistresses I'm sure I could make a case that I could be faithful to god as well :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:38 PM
If they can prove their lineage going back several generations in this county and pass a conservative psyche test, and prove that they're an asset to the economy they'd stay.

what if they could do all that but loved white pussy

ChumpDumper
10-15-2013, 07:39 PM
.I think Jesus was before Moses.He wasn't.

You just make things up as you go along.

Well, that's what God is doing..

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:39 PM
what about me Tyson..what would you do if you caught me pants down holed up in a shack with your mama...your dad tied up in a corner forced to watch (at his request)

m>s
10-15-2013, 07:40 PM
what if they could do all that but loved white pussy

interracial mixing is unacceptable

FuzzyLumpkins
Kool, are you really that interested in his fascist utopia?

Koolaid_Man
He wasn't.

You just make things up as you go along.

Well, that's what God is doing..

My bad I clearly meant Moses before Jesus...

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:41 PM
interracial mixing is unacceptable

what if all the white women only wanted to be with blacks....does that mean all the white men would then start fucking each other...a nice gay..all white country ?

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Kool, are you really that interested in his fascist utopia?

yes

m>s
10-15-2013, 07:42 PM
"what if"

they don't, most find you repulsive

Blake
10-15-2013, 07:45 PM
the rest of your life can't be that bad that you are always an angry, unhappy, ignorant douche - can it?

:lol

sbm's daily serving of irony right on schedule.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:46 PM
"what if"

they don't, most find you repulsive

so does your desire to root out all blacks have anything to do with penis envy? get the big dicks out?

m>s
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
i just said i wouldn't even get rid of them

you're a tard dude

mouse
10-15-2013, 07:49 PM

before or after "nothing" exploded?

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2013, 07:51 PM

you're a tard dude

need to keep some BBC (Tammy types) around in case you decide to become a switch hitter?

DMC
10-15-2013, 07:52 PM
SBM gleefully threatened johnsmith's family before he chickened out with a huge smile on his face..

That's because he's like my last hotdog order: one with everything.

DMC
10-15-2013, 07:53 PM
so does your desire to root out all blacks have anything to do with penis envy? get the big dicks out?

Why are you asking people to take their dicks out?

silverblk mystix
That's because he's like my hideous fat wife: one with everything.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

mouse

before or after "nothing" exploded?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-15-2013, 07:55 PM

you're a tard dude

so then you want big dick?

DMC
10-15-2013, 07:55 PM