PDA

View Full Version : Dalembert, 76ers agree to new deal

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Dalembert, 76ers agree to new deal

By Ian Thomsen, SI.com

The Philadelphia 76ers agreed to a six-year contract late Saturday with restricted free agent center Samuel Dalembert, his agent Marc Cornstein told SI.com. Salary figures were not immediately available.

Dalembert had been scheduled to interview Monday with the Atlanta Hawks, who possessed enough cap space to make him a maximum offer.

With this agreement, the 76ers have made good on their promise to re-sign free agents Dalembert, Willie Green and Kyle Korver. They also now have one of the highest payrolls in the NBA.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/07/24/dalembert/

ALVAREZ6
07-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Good Job Sixers.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 11:49 AM
That's one less big that the Hawks can sign. Maybe it will effect their interest in Rasho.

ace3g
07-24-2005, 11:53 AM
what bigs are left now? Cant think of them at the moment

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Eddy Curry
Reggie Evans

Hmmm... I can't think of many either.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 11:56 AM
The terms of this deal should be very interesting for Spurs fans.

clubalien
07-24-2005, 11:57 AM
outlaw, shawn kemp, mutomabo, karl malone, Dale Davis, those are some names not sure if all signed

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 11:59 AM
The Hawks' options are definitely becoming quite limited.

JUUOT
07-24-2005, 12:07 PM
the Big's market is finally taking of. it will be interesting because it will give us an idea of rasho and nazr value

Bruno
07-24-2005, 12:22 PM
what bigs are left now? Cant think of them at the moment

PF :
Antoine Walker
Reggie Evans
Darius Songaila
Truck Traylor
Othella Harington

C :
Tyson Chandler
Eddy Curry
Zaza Pachulia
Steven Hunter

Al Harrington, Marvin Williams and Josh Smith can take the PF spot for Atlanta.
If they can't have one of the big baby Bulls, Pachulia and/or Hunter are young and cheap.

Mr. Body
07-24-2005, 12:23 PM
I'd expect them to peel Steven Hunter away from Phoenix if they don't get Curry.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 06:14 PM
The Hawks are funny. They only have around $20M in committed salary. So pretty soon they are just going to have to sign someone to a big (one year) contract just to make the team salary minimum.

AI-square
07-24-2005, 06:22 PM
The Hawks are funny. They only have around $20M in committed salary. So pretty soon they are just going to have to sign someone to a big (one year) contract just to make the team salary minimum.

They can go around screwing teams by offering maximum contracts to their restricted free agents, like Dalembert. I get the impression that Philly may be slightly overpaying for Dalembert at the moment although the figures have not been released.

ducks
07-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Tyson Chandler
Eddy Curry
I bet hawks want to do a sign and trade the bulls on one of them
I also bet hawks want bulls to take al

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't think the Hawks want to sign and trade, they need to just flat out sign some people. They have to fill up that roster.

The only people that they might want to get rid of are Harrington and Diaw.

ducks
07-24-2005, 06:59 PM
hawks may have to take rasho and get up a rookie contract to have a high enough payroll

ducks
07-24-2005, 07:01 PM
the other option is the hawks could trade for brain grant he is making big money and just has one year left on contract
what he has two years left to bad for the hawks

sickdsm
07-24-2005, 07:45 PM
"The 76ers have secured their center of the future. Samuel Dalembert came to terms with the team on a new six-year contract late last night. Marc Cornstein, the agent for Dalembert, confirmed that it is a six-year deal, but would not give contract figures. The deal is believed to be for more than $50 million. "The 76ers were very aggressive and made a concentrated effort to get this done," Cornstein said. "They were very proactive, and it shows how much they wanted to get this deal done." Philadelphia Inquirer

Estimate of course but even at 59 mill thats less than 10 mill a year. I think he's worth 3-4 mill more than Gadzuric.

Mr. Body
07-24-2005, 08:31 PM
hawks may have to take rasho and get up a rookie contract to have a high enough payroll

That's the odd thing. They need to make minumum payroll, which would be even harder if they don't land JJ. Bizarre situation. But yes, Brian Grant or another player with an ending contract might be more attractive, although that'd still leave them without a center.

What would be operative a question, then, would be whether the Spurs would want to part with Rasho just yet. It'd be a perfect moment for it, and might be able to get a trade exception or lower cap enough to feel better about throwing money at Mohammed.

Guru of Nothing
07-24-2005, 09:11 PM

I was SO close to being a closet Hawks fan, but their FO thoroghly mucked up this off season. They could have drafted a (potentially) stellar point guard, while signing Joe Johnson and and Sam Dalembert.

GO CLIPPERS!

ducks
07-24-2005, 10:41 PM
sickdsm thanks

nazr has to be worth about 50 million
if this is true spurs can hodl the injury card on nazr and maybe an extention can be worked out