PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Oden injured

007nites
10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
NEW YORK -- Greg Oden, trying to make it back after a career-threatening knee injury, endured a slight setback Wednesday as he was held out of practice with swelling in his left knee.

Oden missing practice comes two days after he had his first 5-on-5 workout since starting his comeback attempt with the Heat. His highlight Monday was blocking a shot by LeBron James.

HEAT INDEX
We've taken our talents to South Beach. Check out the Heat Index.

Oden's return to contact work had spurred some optimism that he could play in a preseason game. Those hopes have been dimmed now as he's had to ease off his workload.

The Heat and Oden have been very careful to avoid setting a timetable for the center's return in part because they're preparing for setbacks such as this.

"This has been three years for me, as long as it's no surgery, it's OK," said Oden, who last played in an NBA game in 2009. "This is going to be a long season, I'm going to get there."

The Heat training staff measures Oden's troublesome knees before and after every workout to monitor any swelling. The team has moved cautiously but had slowly been increasing his workload as he responded well to the first weeks of training camp and the preseason. Getting back to doing full-court work was an anticipated step.

"I was hoping it didn't (swell up) but it did, but what can I do about it?" Oden said. "Next thing to do is get (the swelling) back down and get out there and figure out what I can do to not let it swell again."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9835679/greg-oden-miami-heat-held-practice-swelling-knee

Double-Up
10-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Just give it the fuck up already Oden. Nigga will be on disability or workman's comp before his current contract is up.

RD2191
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
:downspin:

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
:lmao heat
:lmao trying to buy titles
:lmao won't make it to the finals next year
:lmao lebrons legacy got saved by ray allen
:lmao oden picking money over someone who is a master at preserving players
:lmao band wagon
:lmao faggot heat fans

Rogue
10-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Sky is blue, imho.

Katherine Robinson
10-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Oden will ring without setting foot on the court without dress shoes.

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2013, 08:54 PM
:lmao heat
:lmao trying to buy titles
:lmao won't make it to the finals next year
:lmao lebrons legacy got saved by ray allen
:lmao oden picking money over someone who is a master at preserving players
:lmao band wagon
:lmao faggot heat fans

nigga shoulda holla'd at Kobe on the secret knee injections in Germany

teddygreen
10-16-2013, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agz6JtehZ6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TdfpwvAiPk

Spur-Addict
10-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Damn, that's rough. At least he got paid

teddygreen
10-16-2013, 10:16 PM
At least Oden went out like a man whose body had the misfortune of giving out on him. He wasn't a lazy turd like this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fr2AWZy_8Ahttp://www.nbanet.com/players/o/olowokandi_michael/olowokandi_michael1.jpg

weebo
10-16-2013, 10:17 PM
If there's swelling, it's indicative of the instability in his knee. Best thing for Oden is to strengthen his quads, core, and add more flexibility to improve his running fluidity and overall gait. In all honesty, Oden's career as an NBA player is just about done. He may come back and play a few gams (he might even be effective), but in the long run that knee will eventually explode.

Source: me

LkrFan
10-16-2013, 10:26 PM
tl:lolng

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm lexpecting (not looking forward too) a major injury to happen to Miami or SA...OKC, LAL, and CHI already had our share....

D-Wade
10-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Damn shame. All Oden wants to do is suit up but his body won't let him. Same with Roy. This kind of player is the opposite of say... a Derrick Rose.

baseline bum
10-16-2013, 11:04 PM
At least Oden went out like a man whose body had the misfortune of giving out on him. He wasn't a lazy turd like this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fr2AWZy_8Ahttp://www.nbanet.com/players/o/olowokandi_michael/olowokandi_michael1.jpg

Man Walton was so funny when he'd shit on Kandiass every single game he did on KTLA.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm lexpecting (not looking forward too) a major injury to happen to Miami or SA...OKC, LAL, and CHI already had our share....

Dude, Parker was injured in the finals... and Ginobili was injured all year...

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2013, 11:12 PM
does his knees hurt from running up and down the court? or when he jumps?

if it doesnt hurt running up and down the court, then he still has a chance in the nba, a guy his size doesnt need to jump for anything..

Koolaid_Man
10-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Dude, Parker was injured in the finals... and Ginobili was injured all year...

no...they were hurt but not injured...OKC without Westbrook, Chicago without Rose, Lakers without Kobe...it's only fair this year..it should be Spurs without Duncan and Heat without Wade or Lebron

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-16-2013, 11:47 PM
no...they were hurt but not injured...OKC without Westbrook, Chicago without Rose, Lakers without Kobe...it's only fair this year..it should be Spurs without Duncan and Heat without Wade or Lebron

Ginobili missed a lot of games last year... and Parker did too

Thebesteva
10-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Bynum and Oden...everytime they touch a basketball this song plays in my head and I wait for some time of knee explosion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4

HI-FI
10-17-2013, 01:43 AM

Miami is more due than anyone, we lost partly to Parker with the hammy and Ginobili who is perpetually hurt. Miami would have to deal with injuries if not for juicing more than WWE. Pop does a great job of doing his best to prevent injuries. Shit happens but doesn't mean you need to run your old guys into the ground Lakers' styles, that has nothing to do with misfortune....well actually it's possible the basketball gods punished kobe, or maybe the ghost of Dr. Buss tripped Rapist for wasting another $100 million roster.

ambchang
10-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Lakers without Kobe was a better team. 9th seed to 7th seed in 3 games.

I. Hustle
10-17-2013, 08:08 AM

Lexpect all you want.

Dex
10-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Shoulda gone to Phoenix. They are the only team with a chance to keep that dude healthy.

ambchang
10-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Feel bad for Oden, really. The guy had the size, strength, and attributes to be a defensive monster in the league, potentially the most dominating defensive force since the centers in the 90s (Hakeem, Robinson, Mutombo and Mourning), but injuries and his legs just destroyed him.

Hate seeing unrealized potential over something players had no control over.

Raven
10-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Feel bad for Oden, really. The guy had the size, strength, and attributes to be a defensive monster in the league, potentially the most dominating defensive force since the centers in the 90s (Hakeem, Robinson, Mutombo and Mourning), but injuries and his legs just destroyed him.

Hate seeing unrealized potential over something players had no control over.

he was a bust before he was a train wreck

ambchang
10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
he was a bust before he was a train wreck

I wouldn't go that far. Other than fouls, he had some pretty impressive /48 stats. Coupled with the fact that we are not having any great centers in the league right now, Oden can make a huge impact.

Raven
10-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't go that far. Other than fouls, he had some pretty impressive /48 stats. Coupled with the fact that we are not having any great centers in the league right now, Oden can make a huge impact.

the /48 discussion is pretty pointless when you can't stay on the floor 20min because you're gambling more than DD isn't it?

ambchang
10-17-2013, 10:07 AM
the /48 discussion is pretty pointless when you can't stay on the floor 20min because you're gambling more than DD isn't it?

I didn't think he was gambling too much. He fouled a lot, and that comes with experience, but from what I saw, it wasn't due to gambling, but more for biting at fakes at a pro level and not accustomed to the athleticism. In that trait, he is trying to block everything in sight, which is a Serge Ibaka trait, but over time, he could learn to pick and choose and become a Robinson/Hakeem/Mutombo sort of blocker.

The other thing is, the guy's size makes any contact a foul, sort of like Shaq.