PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Unlikely to give Greg Monroe extention

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2013, 11:53 AM
dunno wtf the piss-tons are doing, but if they allow greg monroe to walk, spurs should pounce....or i can see the fakers begging for monroe to play in LA...

lol joe dumars continue turning his gold into worthless metals...

Raven
10-17-2013, 12:05 PM
not sure why would anyone give an extension to any rookie tbh.. they become rfa anyway, so why give the max when that's the worst case scenario?

AchillesHeel
10-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Well, Pistons already have Drummond, and Monroe wouldn't get enough minutes on that team. I think Monroe and Smith should be traded to San Antonio for Manu and Splitter, tbh.

I'm down.

Brazil
10-17-2013, 01:31 PM
wut ?

Seventyniner
10-17-2013, 04:11 PM
not sure why would anyone give an extension to any rookie tbh.. they become rfa anyway, so why give the max when that's the worst case scenario?

Exactly. Why bid against yourself? See Cousins, DeMarcus. The Kings should already regret that contract.

JamStone
10-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Good. They shouldn't.

He's not going to be an unrestricted free agent next summer. He'll be restricted and they can negotiate a contract extension then. Right now, this will be the first season he'll play primarily PF and the Pistons don't know if he will fit there. They really like Drummond at center for the longterm future and if Monroe doesn't fit at PF, he may make for a valuable trade asset to get the type of player that fits better playing between Drummond and Josh Smith. And if he does fit, then the Pistons can try to work out the extension after they find that out.

There's no reason to extend him now when they don't know if he'll be a part of the future and while he and his agent will likely want the same type of money as Cousins got. Monroe isn't even the best player on the team anymore. He shouldn't be paid like he is. It was a good decision not to offer him a max extension just yet.

Holden_Caulfield
10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
come to san antonio greg

HarlemHeat37
10-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Monroe is overrated, tbh..he benefits from false perception due to the scarcity of traditional big men in the league..

He's a pretty decent offensive player and rebounder, but he's one of the worst defensive bigs in the NBA, tbh..he could be masked by Smith/Drummond at the 3/4 next to him, but he's a liability as an anchor..

Rogue
10-17-2013, 10:31 PM
agree with Harlem that Monroe is just as overrated as a remote relative of his family who killed herself in the early 1960s. Bitch just looked good with worldclass makeup, without which she would've been no better than the average level of today's hollywood bitches imho. Monroe could use her face as a piece of toilet paper to clean my goddess's cellulite-featured ass tbh, even the prime version of Monroe.