PDA

View Full Version : Like Clockwork

vy65
10-17-2013, 11:31 PM
I know I'm late to this party, but big ups to the best albums of 2013 thread for tipping me off to this one. Easily their best album, which in and of itself is saying a lot. I'm hard pressed to think of a better album in the past five years.

:cry I Appear Missing :cry

CuckingFunt
10-17-2013, 11:56 PM
I know I'm late to this party, but big ups to the best albums of 2013 thread for tipping me off to this one. Easily their best album, which in and of itself is saying a lot. I'm hard pressed to think of a better album in the past five years.

:cry I Appear Missing :cry

"Kalopsia" is the star.

vy65
10-18-2013, 12:01 AM
That's the one dissapointment on the track -- I had higher expectations for the Homme/Reznor collaboration, but it basically turned out to Trent playing a snare drum and breathing heavily.

CuckingFunt
10-18-2013, 12:04 AM
That's the one dissapointment on the track -- I had higher expectations for the Homme/Reznor collaboration, but it basically turned out to Trent playing a snare drum and breathing heavily.

He takes the first line on the first chorus, and I do wish that was the case for all the choruses because I like their voices together. It wasn't my favorite song on the album when I first got it (that was, and probably still is, "Smooth Sailing"), but it's the one that has continued to grow on me the most.

vy65
10-18-2013, 12:07 AM
That's the thing about Like Clockwork. It takes multiple listens to appreciate. Haven't heard an album that gets better with each listen in a long while.

Funny you mention Smooth Sailing. That's like second from bottom on my list.

oh crap
10-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Upset with myself for missing three opportunities to catch them during ACL. I did catch a stream of their weekend 2 performance, good stuff.

vy65
10-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Upset with myself for missing three opportunities to catch them during ACL. I did catch a stream of their weekend 2 performance, good stuff.

Boneface

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2013, 12:21 AM
They rocked my face off twice the past couple weeks - ACL Live (if anyone in Austin wants free passes to tapings let me know) and also at ACL in Zilker.

Any Crooked Vulture fans here?

CuckingFunt
10-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Funny you mention Smooth Sailing. That's like second from bottom on my list.

Cocky, grindy, dance-y QotSA is probably my favorite QotSA.

They're one of two bands (along with NIN) that I've been actively trying to see for YEARS but haven't been able to for various timing and/or bad luck reasons. And I'll likely be missing NIN again when they're at Voodoo in a few weeks because the person I was counting on covering my shift at work just gave her notice.

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Cocky, grindy, dance-y QotSA is probably my favorite QotSA.

They're one of two bands (along with NIN) that I've been actively trying to see for YEARS but haven't been able to for various timing and/or bad luck reasons. And I'll likely be missing NIN again when they're at Voodoo in a few weeks because the person I was counting on covering my shift at work just gave her notice.

I don't know why I thought you were in NY CF, anyways NIN was touring the whole east coast the past few weeks.

vy65
10-18-2013, 12:29 AM

I saw NIN twice during the lights in the sky tour. Their set is amazing. The use of video and its interaction with the music they play is unlike anything I've ever seen. I want to say they had the people at ILM construct the video screens their using on their current tour.

Sucks about VooDoo fest, it'd also be worth seeing HTDA.

CuckingFunt
10-18-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't know why I thought you were in NY CF, anyways NIN was touring the whole east coast the past few weeks.

Nope, New Orleans. And grad school + two jobs = if it ain't local, I ain't got time for it. Unfortunately.

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Nope, New Orleans. And grad school + two jobs = if it ain't local, I ain't got time for it. Unfortunately.

10-4

Well one day when you're making millions you can travel anywhere to see TR's head in jar singing to kiddies Futurama style :hat

CuckingFunt
10-18-2013, 12:43 AM
I saw NIN twice during the lights in the sky tour. Their set is amazing. The use of video and its interaction with the music they play is unlike anything I've ever seen. I want to say they had the people at ILM construct the video screens their using on their current tour.

Sucks about VooDoo fest, it'd also be worth seeing HTDA.

Yeah, I'd love to see The Cure, too. And I just generally love VooDoo as a festival. This will be my first time missing it since I've been here. Hipster tears.

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I'd love to see The Cure, too. And I just generally love VooDoo as a festival. This will be my first time missing it since I've been here. Hipster tears.

Hipsters listen to The Cure?

CuckingFunt
10-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Hipsters listen to The Cure?

Probably not. But I'd imagine hipsters whine about missing music festivals.

Spur|n|Austin
10-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Probably not. But I'd imagine hipsters whine about missing music festivals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9ltfmS5n4

If you don't have an hour to spare, enjoy the first couple when the rain starts, then skip around.. Fucking fucking fun

oh crap
10-18-2013, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I'd love to see The Cure, too.

I did go out of my way to purchase a VIP wristband to see the Cure last Saturday and it was well worth every cent. Even the rain coming down at the end of the set was perfect. Doubt it, but would love to make a trip happen to attend Voodoo to catch them again.