PDA

View Full Version : Fat shaming goes viral. Fat-Shaming Week receives national attention.

jag
10-18-2013, 03:31 PM
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -
It's called fat-shaming. A controversial new trend that's talking social media by storm. The concept? Shame overweight people online into losing weight.

...Fat-shaming has exploded on Twitter --with some even claiming this is Fat-Shaming Week.

"Obesity is a detriment to society and deserves shame. Fat people are lazy and irresponsible and it's costing all of us dearly" read one tweet.

Continue reading...
(http://www.wfsb.com/story/23720611/ever-heard-of-fat-shaming-its-a-new-trend-gone-viral)

Just when I think things in this country are going down the shitter, I see something like this.... and my faith in humanity is restored and the future of this great nation looks brighter.

The bubonic plague, cancer, polio - those are diseases. Eating an entire box of Cap'n Crunch for breakfast is not a disease. Now go get some health insurance and walk your fatass to the nearest treadmill.

RD2191
10-18-2013, 03:33 PM
:td

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Eating an entire box of Cap'n Crunch for breakfast is not a disease.

:lol

bu, bu, bu, but I have a thyroid problem.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2013, 03:34 PM
:td

Well now we know Rob is fat.

jag
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM

bu, bu, bu, but I have a thyroid problem.

"My thyroid was acting up yesterday so I ate 14 Pizza Lunchables, 3 loaves of bread and then washed it down with a 3-liter of Big Red. I would have stopped but my thyroid never told me I was full."

DisAsTerBot
10-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Well now we know Rob is fat.

my thoughts exactly

cantthinkofanything
10-18-2013, 03:57 PM

"My thyroid was acting up yesterday so I ate 14 Pizza Lunchables, 3 loaves of bread and then washed it down with a 3-liter of Big Red. I would have stopped but my thyroid never told me I was full."

what shitty choices for overeating.

RD2191
10-18-2013, 03:58 PM
6'1 195, tf is it you if people are fat. its their life. tf over it.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2013, 04:05 PM

People always lie about their measurements. I am betting it's more like 5'10" 225 lbs, fattie.

lefty
10-18-2013, 04:15 PM
lol fat people

Trainwreck2100
10-18-2013, 04:15 PM
I have no problem with jolly fat people. It's the I'm not sick I look good etc. Fat people i have a problem with, especially the fat people that raise their kids to be fat like them

Trainwreck2100
10-18-2013, 04:23 PM
i also hate how women have coopted men terms to make themselves feel good

you're not curvy you are infinitely round like a nascar track

you're not voluptuous you are "blobulous"

You're not a BBW whatever that fuck that really means, you are BOFAB- big ol fatass bitch

DMC
10-18-2013, 04:45 PM
The fat guys who think they are bulky, wear coach shorts and the high and tight hair cut, goatee and all. Tattoos on their calves generally. They love their calves, they show them off because they think having big calves without actually working out means you're genetically gifted, never mind that you're carrying 300lbs of fat around.

DMC
10-18-2013, 04:46 PM

You're not a BBW whatever that fuck that really means, you are BOFAB- big ol fatass bitch

Hefalumps

RD2191
10-18-2013, 04:48 PM
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/01/fats-480x287.jpg

lefty
10-18-2013, 04:51 PM
:cry but I have a slow metabolism

clambake
10-18-2013, 04:56 PM
rob has eaten too many jesus crackers.

RD2191
10-18-2013, 05:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PQ0FP.jpg

The Reckoning
10-18-2013, 05:06 PM
people publicly shame smokers all the time so i have no issue with this tbh

Trainwreck2100
10-18-2013, 05:12 PM
people publicly shame smokers all the time so i have no issue with this tbh

exactly, enjoy your skinny people cancer my smoking compadre

InRareForm
10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Douche shaming

jeebus
10-18-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsiQMWEtMrM

Repulsive fat tub of shit :lol

Rogue
10-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I think it's unfair to all overweight people as a whole imho. some people are just slightly overweight (like myself, and my goddess of course) and we don't feel no shame of being fat. It's a whole different story when someone eats him/herself into a balloon though.

benefactor
10-18-2013, 07:41 PM

She needs to be tied to that chair and fed until she dies, a la Se7en.

jeebus
10-18-2013, 07:45 PM
She needs to be tied to that chair and fed until she dies, a la Se7en.
which chair, lil nigga? she's sitting on 2 of them

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-18-2013, 07:56 PM
The fat guys who think they are bulky, wear coach shorts and the high and tight hair cut, goatee and all. Tattoos on their calves generally. They love their calves, they show them off because they think having big calves without actually working out means you're genetically gifted, never mind that you're carrying 300lbs of fat around.
I've noticed a common theme with these types is a love affair with whey protein shakes. They've always gotta gulp down a 400+ calorie whey protein shake right after their 40 minute all weight lifting, no cardio workout. No one trying to lose weight should be drinking whey protein.

Why does every TV clip like the one in the OP always say, "Please consult a doctor before changing your diet"? It's not necessary to make a doctor's appointment because you're replacing the burger and fries with chicken breast and broccoli. There's no health risk in making that diet change. Then the clip lists beef as a lean protein you should eat when trying to lose weight, I'm curious if they consulted a doctor on the opinion beef is a good weight loss food.

SnakeBoy
10-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Hot mum gets flamed as 'fat shaming bully'
http://news.asiaone.com/news/diva/hot-mum-gets-flamed-fat-shaming-bully

LOL jealous fatties attack her for posting this pic...

http://scottandkat.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Fat-Shaming.jpg

m>s
10-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Speaking of fat nasty food, I write my story to you from a Walmart toilet. I NEVEr use public restroom, however desperate times sometimes call for even more desperate measures. Twin peaks Philly cheesesteak dudes, don't try it. My homeboy is in the stall next to me seemingly laughing out of both ends, the other end sounded a little different though.

mojorizen7
10-18-2013, 08:29 PM

Yep. Fat women have wrongly adopted the curvy description. IMO this has partially stemmed from the dating sites where there is often no body type description between average and fat except "curvy" and no woman will call herself fat.

RD2191
10-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Speaking of fat nasty food, I write my story to you from a Walmart toilet. I NEVEr use public restroom, however desperate times sometimes call for even more desperate measures. Twin peaks Philly cheesesteak dudes, don't try it. My homeboy is in the stall next to me seemingly laughing out of both ends, the other end sounded a little different though.
:lmao

benefactor
10-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Blame it on all the skinny black men. They seem to go nuts over some fat girls.

jeebus
10-18-2013, 09:19 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8f3c6c6598465ac8187377325544515f/tumblr_muw4e7tVNw1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

leemajors
10-18-2013, 09:30 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8f3c6c6598465ac8187377325544515f/tumblr_muw4e7tVNw1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

I'd have to say she could do that once upon a time from the studied approach to the cartwheel.

AaronY
10-18-2013, 11:12 PM
I just eat whatever the fuck I want and then lift like crazy and it turns into muscle. so overeating works out good for me. Best of both worlds..eat like a fatass but can still make fun of them

FkLA
10-19-2013, 01:11 AM
I've noticed a common theme with these types is a love affair with whey protein shakes. They've always gotta gulp down a 400+ calorie whey protein shake right after their 40 minute all weight lifting, no cardio workout. No one trying to lose weight should be drinking whey protein.

Protein helps conserve muscle, dummy. Which obese people actually have alot of under their fat since theyre forced to carry around so much weight for years. Obviously they have to fit the calories that come with the whey into the calorie amount theyre using to diet but if done right it def serves a purpose. Even if youre not obese it helps, I use whey when cutting down to conserve my pythons tbh.

The Reckoning
10-19-2013, 01:14 AM
lol fkla is a fatty now too. they're all coming out of the woodwork.

FkLA
10-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Wut, no. I mean I get fat at times but ~235 is the highest Ive gotten up to. Normally Im in the 180-190 range tbh. :)

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Wut, no. I mean I get fat at times but ~235 is the highest Ive gotten up to. Normally Im in the 180-190 range tbh. :)

If you are ranging over 50 lbs like that you have some serious issues. Better go get your liver checked and I am not kidding.

FkLA
10-19-2013, 02:31 AM
If you are ranging over 50 lbs like that you have some serious issues. Better go get your liver checked and I am not kidding.

Pretty sure its common to gain weight when you eat like a pig, drink and dont exercise at all--which is how I gain weight. A little exercise and eating like a normal person takes it right back off.

HarlemHeat37
10-19-2013, 03:05 AM
Agreed about women justifying being overweight by labelling themselves as "curvy", and men helping their cause by continuing to date and fuck them, tbh..

Also completely agree about the bulky niggas that think they're built, but are just strong with too much fat, tbh:lol..the guys that bulk without a plan and never cut, usually bouncers at pubs, tbh..

lefty
10-19-2013, 03:19 AM
:lol baseball
:lol "sport"

http://blog.nj.com/yankees_main/2009/06/large_cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-625.jpg

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Just when I think things in this country are going down the shitter, I see something like this.... and my faith in humanity is restored and the future of this great nation looks brighter.

The bubonic plague, cancer, polio - those are diseases. Eating an entire box of Cap'n Crunch for breakfast is not a disease. Now go get some health insurance and walk your fatass to the nearest treadmill.
Taking a shit on San Antonians with this thread, eh? :rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 04:39 AM
People always lie about their measurements. I am betting it's more like 5'10" 225 lbs, fattie.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Pretty sure its common to gain weight when you eat like a pig, drink and dont exercise at all--which is how I gain weight. A little exercise and eating like a normal person takes it right back off.

Not to that degree. If you are going up and down like that in the space of months it puts a major tax on your liver and kidneys. It's really not good for you at all. If you drink on top of that then you can guess its going to be worse. Your talking about gaining and losing 25% of your bodymass.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Protein helps conserve muscle, dummy. Which obese people actually have alot of under their fat since theyre forced to carry around so much weight for years. Obviously they have to fit the calories that come with the whey into the calorie amount theyre using to diet but if done right it def serves a purpose. Even if youre not obese it helps, I use whey when cutting down to conserve my pythons tbh.

:lmao this is what I'm talking about. The proper amount of vegetables, lean meat and eggs/milk has more than enough protein to "conserve" muscle. As you said, they've got plenty of muscle from carrying their fatass around for years. They don't need to be sucking down protein shakes that people use to "bulk" up.

jag
10-19-2013, 09:20 AM

5'9" 235?

Nigga you fat. There's nothing even remotely "normal" about 50 lb weight fluctuations. You need to quit worrying about "maintaining" muscle and counting daily grams of Gold Standard. Just find that treadmill.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/~~/f?id=51895f72eab8ea4633000027

Michael Jordan.
10-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Blame it on all the skinny black men. They seem to go nuts over some fat girls.
True, though the same can be said for Mexican dudes who love fat ass mexican women in little ass shorts and tats all over their bodies.

DMC
10-19-2013, 10:03 AM
True, though the same can be said for Mexican dudes who love fat ass mexican women in little ass shorts and tats all over their bodies.

For them it comes down to what's available to them. You don't see hot Mexican women lining up to fuck be@ners

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 10:12 AM
5'9" 235?

Nigga you fat. There's nothing even remotely "normal" about 50 lb weight fluctuations. You need to quit worrying about "maintaining" muscle and counting daily grams of Gold Standard. Just find that treadmill.

:lol what the fuck is gold standard?

The Reckoning
10-19-2013, 10:17 AM
brand of whey.

i use whey after i work out because i have absolutely no body fat to begin with. it just helps stack protein on top of my protein based diet to keep up my foundation. if i don't then my muscle weight goes back to its base and i don't make any progress. i get cut as fuck but i can't bulk as well. i'm a calorie furnace to begin with.

mostly it gives me an excuse to drink a gallon of milk every few days.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 10:31 AM
brand of whey.

i use whey after i work out because i have absolutely no body fat to begin with. it just helps stack protein on top of my protein based diet to keep up my foundation. if i don't then my body weight goes back to its base and i don't make any progress. i get cut as fuck but i can't bulk as well. i'm a calorie furnace to begin with.

mostly it gives me an excuse to drink a gallon of milk every few days.

Yeah people with your genetics are the type where it makes sense (I'm not one of those people). If you're thin, have a garbage disposal for a metabolism that keeps you toned, but also makes it extremely hard for you to build muscle, then whey protein serves a purpose.

Someone like me who has a slower metabolism and has a much easier time adding bulk than he does getting toned shouldn't be following the same diet plan as someone who's his genetic opposite :lol

AaronY
10-19-2013, 10:42 AM
I hate to say it but DoK has literally no clue what he's talking about.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 10:44 AM
I hate to say it but DoK has literally no clue what he's talking about.

Then enlighten me. Tell me why fatties should be drinking whey protein shakes :lol

The Reckoning
10-19-2013, 10:48 AM
tbh i met a guy who is in the whey business in new zealand.

basically he said he's laughing his whey to the bank because they just scoop up the byproduct from dairy farms, put it in a container and sell it to body builders :lol

all in all everyone has a different body type and different aims for what they want to achieve. i only use whey because it works for what i want to do. everything else i stay away from.

Katherine Robinson
10-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Then enlighten me. Tell me why fatties should be drinking whey protein shakes :lol

It is actually a very good way of distributing your macronutrients. As long as it is mixed in water, it is a very low calorie meal supplement. It is also very economical with 50 cents buying ~20 grams of protein if you shop correctly.

lefty
10-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah people with your genetics are the type where it makes sense (I'm not one of those people). If you're thin, have a garbage disposal for a metabolism that keeps you toned, but also makes it extremely hard for you to build muscle, then whey protein serves a purpose.

Someone like me who has a slower metabolism and has a much easier time adding bulk than he does getting toned shouldn't be following the same diet plan as someone who's his genetic opposite :lol
lol Whey Protein doesnt make anyome fat

If anything it will help with fat loss, since it helps to build muscle (keyword : help - if you don't lift heavy weights you won't build shit), and muscles are metabolically active when they are being built

Weight gainers, well, it's another story.............

mrsmaalox
10-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Whey protein shakes are only good for weight loss because they can reduce one's appetite for a short time (any protein will do that). Unless of course you are on some starvation diet and need to ensure healthy protein intake. Protein intake above what we need to build and repair muscle tissue is converted to energy or stored as fat. Adequate protein intake can be achieved with nominal amounts regular food. And the more variety in your diet the better because each food contributes a different nutrient profile.

The Reckoning
10-19-2013, 01:54 PM
maalox with the nurse bombs

http://youtu.be/aAdtUDaBfRA

fat people should be focused on cardio instead of gaining muscle anyway. treadmills are for girls. go run cross country.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 01:58 PM
lol Whey Protein doesnt make anyome fat

If anything it will help with fat loss, since it helps to build muscle (keyword : help - if you don't lift heavy weights you won't build shit), and muscles are metabolically active when they are being built

Weight gainers, well, it's another story.............

When did I say whey protein makes anyone fat? You foreigners on this site really piss me off with your shitty reading comprehension and inadequate understanding of the English language.

The Reckoning
10-19-2013, 02:02 PM
i think the consensus here is that fat fucks have no business sucking down protein shakes when they should be using their time to burn fat instead

lefty
10-19-2013, 02:29 PM
When did I say whey protein makes anyone fat? You foreigners on this site really piss me off with your shitty reading comprehension and inadequate understanding of the English language.

m>s
10-19-2013, 02:32 PM
You foreigners on this site really piss me off

Hilariously ironic on so many levels.

Katherine Robinson
10-19-2013, 03:24 PM

fat people should be focused on cardio instead of gaining muscle anyway. treadmills are for girls. go run cross country.

Focusing on cardio is not optimal for weight loss. Building muscle has extremely beneficial long term effects for maintaining weight loss because it adds to your base metabolic rate.

The Reckoning
10-19-2013, 03:29 PM
lol lazy fat people don't want to run

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 03:33 PM
:lol people convincing themselves that the "optimal" way of losing weight is adding a bunch of bulky upper body muscle until you're no longer flexible enough to wipe your own ass

lefty
10-19-2013, 04:47 PM
:lol people convincing themselves that the "optimal" way of losing weight is adding a bunch of bulky upper body muscle until you're no longer flexible enough to wipe your own ass

it depends on how you do it

So many factors

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Fat people drinking gatorade post workout is far far far far far worse theen drinking a protein shake

lefty
10-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Fat people drinking gatorade post workout is far far far far far worse theen drinking a protein shake

I've always hated the "your body needs simple carbs after a workout ...dont worry it wont be stored as fat !!!!! "

Milk producers pushing their agenda with their post-workout chocolate milk BS

Fuck them

DeadlyDynasty
10-19-2013, 05:08 PM
I hear diet and exercise works.

Leetonidas
10-19-2013, 05:09 PM
http://wac.9ebf.edgecastcdn.net/809EBF/ec-origin.philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/01/fats-480x287.jpg

:vomit:

Look at her face...like it's the last bottle of Coke on earth or something :lol

Leetonidas
10-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Focusing on cardio is not optimal for weight loss. Building muscle has extremely beneficial long term effects for maintaining weight loss because it adds to your base metabolic rate.

Exactly, doing a lot of compound weight lifting is great for losing weight and building muscle. It's like people think you're going to turn into Ronnie Coleman fucking overnight or something :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 05:14 PM
:lol true but I don't see very many people doing that.

I've always hated the "your body needs simple carbs after a workout ...dont worry it wont be stored as fat !!!!! "

Milk producers pushing their agenda with their post-workout chocolate milk BS

Fuck them
I'll agree with you there, people in America consume WAY too much dairy. The bullshit "food pyramid" that gets shoved down kids' throats was created by the dairy industry.

Leetonidas
10-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I drink a gallon of milk everyday or one in about a day and a half. But I can also deadlift 405lbs right meow. I give no fucks. :)

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 05:20 PM

:lol she's got such a smug look in her eyes like she's taunting the world

Leetonidas
10-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Seriously :lol I don't see any cups on the table, that entire two liter is just her dinner beverage. so fucking disgusting, that's like half a bag of sugar right there

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Seriously :lol I don't see any cups on the table, that entire two liter is just her dinner beverage. so fucking disgusting, that's like half a bag of sugar right there
You know it is because the big one has her own bottle too :lol

The look of excitement on the big one's face as she's opening up the ranch dressing is pretty hilarious. Methinks that entire thing of ranch was a gonner by the time they finished dinner :lol

RD2191
10-19-2013, 05:29 PM
The chick drinking the coke is fat but god lawd the woman with the ranch in her hand is an abomination.

Leetonidas
10-19-2013, 05:30 PM
:lmao

rofl @ "the big one." How fucking fat do you have to be to be in a room with that coke guzzling fatshit and she's not "the big one" :lmao

RD2191
10-19-2013, 05:31 PM
How the hell can these obese people afford all of this food when most of them can't even get out of bed? Not trying to be a dick but have you all seen those shows where they eat like 10 eggs, 8 pieces of toast, and like 16 sausage links for breakfast?

FkLA
10-19-2013, 05:50 PM
:lmao this is what I'm talking about. The proper amount of vegetables, lean meat and eggs/milk has more than enough protein to "conserve" muscle. As you said, they've got plenty of muscle from carrying their fatass around for years. They don't need to be sucking down protein shakes that people use to "bulk" up.

Nah, bro. Powdered whey protein mixed with water is like 200-300 calories max. As long as that is fitted into your calorie amount you are using to diet, using whey is actually a good thing. The basic idea behind it is that the weight youll lose is actual fat while muscle is preserved. You could eat that protein by eating stuff like you mentioned as well but its unlikely those things would only be 200-300 calories.

Not to that degree. If you are going up and down like that in the space of months it puts a major tax on your liver and kidneys. It's really not good for you at all. If you drink on top of that then you can guess its going to be worse. Your talking about gaining and losing 25% of your bodymass.

235 is the most Ive gotten up to tbh. Its normally less, maybe like a 20-25 weight increase. Not every couple of months either, usually once maybe twice a year. Is that still unhealthy ?

5'9" 235?

5'11'' tbh :hat

johnsmith
10-19-2013, 05:59 PM
235 is the most Ive gotten up to tbh. Its normally less, maybe like a 20-25 weight increase. Not every couple of months either, usually once maybe twice a year. Is that still unhealthy ?

5'11'' tbh :hat

Dude, yes that's unhealthy....your weight isn't supposed to fluctuate like that....it's awful on your heart among other things, but that's sort of an important organ.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah, you ain't Val Kilmer, fatty.

At least he got paid to pork out.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2013, 06:32 PM

I'm not a doctor but as a general rule yo-yoing your weight is not good. It's happening yearly? Is it just adding weight during the holidays typically? I would see a doctor and ask were I you.

RD2191
10-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Same here fkla, I range from 185 to 220. Changes yearly since as far back as I can remember.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Y'all some fat bitches.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Same here fkla, I range from 185 to 220. Changes yearly since as far back as I can remember.

Yup 5'10" 225. I called it.

And if you indeed are 22 then you are going to be one fat motherfucker soon. Best get you a 2 liter of coke.

RD2191
10-19-2013, 06:42 PM
6'1

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 06:44 PM
You'll be 6'8" in a few more posts.

FkLA
10-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Winter break sometimes, summer always when I'm not in school. Never thought much about the weight gain since it's always easy for me to lose it back tbh.

Good looking out though, niggas. I probably should give my doctor a call about it.

benefactor
10-19-2013, 07:50 PM
There is no reason to argue strongly for weights or cardio exclusively, because if you really want solid results you are doing both pretty equally. The only time I did more cardio than weights is when I was race training(was doing circuits, running and spinning). Now I'm back lifting heavy again but I'm still spinning three times a week. I've continued building muscle but shed fat and tightened down a lot.

FkLA
10-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Hate to make you look dumb(again) benefactor but you cannot shed fat and build muscle at the same time tbh.

Either or both combined work. Stationary or not, lifting is still an intense workout that gets your heart pumping. Diet is about 100 times more important that method of exercising though.

benefactor
10-19-2013, 08:38 PM
:lol...ok

FkLA
10-19-2013, 08:40 PM
:lol...ok

Can you build muscle and shed fat ?

benefactor
10-19-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm not having this conversation with you, because you have already proven you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to training.

FkLA
10-19-2013, 08:44 PM
How have I proven that? :lol

cute_spursfan
10-20-2013, 06:54 AM
im 4lbs over my BMI

lol

guess im fat....

jag
10-20-2013, 09:12 AM
:lol what the fuck is gold standard?

dat der Gold Standard http://z-issue.com/blog_imgs/exercise/optimum_nutrition_gold_standard_whey_protein_frenc h_vanilla_creme.jpg

I will quickly go through this thread and address some interesting comments I observed:

I just eat whatever the fuck I want and then lift like crazy and it turns into muscle. so overeating works out good for me. Best of both worlds..eat like a fatass but can still make fun of them

The only thing that "turns" into muscle is protein. If you eat like a fatass but get about 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass, then you'll be able to gain muscle. You'll also need to do cardio to burn the extra calories. Unless you're fat, odds are you probably don't eat as much as most fatasses, you just eat shitty food.

Which obese people actually have alot of under their fat since theyre forced to carry around so much weight for years.

I love how fat people try to convince themselves there is a Ronnie Coleman under here: http://freetheanimal.com/images/2012/10/fat-guy-on-scooter.jpg

The argument you're making is somewhat confusing. You're right that it's stupid to "bulk" when trying to lose weight. That makes absolutely no sense and I've never heard of such a thing. Bulking done right is really just an excess of 500-800 calories based on your daily maintenance calorie totals. But what most people actually do is eat like shit for 3 months and call it bulking. Whey protein, or protein in general, has nothing to do with bulking until it's taken in excess of your maintenance totals. In the short-term, your body doesn't know the difference between 100 grams of protein from whey supplements, or 100 grams of protein from chicken breasts. In the long-term, your body will not function optimally off straight protein supplements, because it needs the other vitamins and nutrients in real food and vegetables. But supplements are still a solid way of getting your daily protein totals if you don't have the $$$ for steaks.

It is actually a very good way of distributing your macronutrients. As long as it is mixed in water, it is a very low calorie meal supplement. It is also very economical with 50 cents buying ~20 grams of protein if you shop correctly. Agreed.

Cutting calories is the optimal way to lose weight. Adding muscle is good in theory, but if fatties can't be trusted to not pick up that Honey Bun, do you really expect them to hit the gym doing power cleans? Most likely they're going to go to the gym and waste their time doing lifts that waste their time. It's easier to tell someone to get on a treadmill. You can't do that wrong. You're right though, that if you have the proper diet, you really have no need for ANY cardio. The best bodies you see at the gym, beach, wherever, don't rely on cardio as much as most people think. The best workouts actually involve no cardio at all. I do it because I enjoy it, but it's not necessary when my diet is right. In the real world it's not always easy to cut out the excess so cardio helps balance that.

Same here fkla, I range from 185 to 220. Changes yearly since as far back as I can remember. That's fat bro.

Hate to make you look dumb(again) benefactor but you cannot shed fat and build muscle at the same time tbh.

Either or both combined work. Stationary or not, lifting is still an intense workout that gets your heart pumping. Diet is about 100 times more important that method of exercising though.

Yes you can. It's just difficult because it involves meticulous work balancing daily calories, grams fat, grams protein, grams carbs, salt totals, etc. It's also slow process so people give up. Most people that are obsessed with working out/lifting, balance those things anyway though (along with their anabolics).

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that Robdiaz is a fatty. and FkLa is borderline morbidly obese for 6 months out of every year.

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Agreed with your points, tbh, but I disagree with lifters that don't do cardio, and I know plenty of them..guys that become mass and have impressive body fat/aesthetics, but they come play basketball and can't play longer than 10 minutes, tbh:lol..

You definitely don't need cardio to get cut, if you have built muscle and eat properly, getting in aesthetically pleasing shape is easily possible without cardio, but it's a bad idea IMO..it's good for your heart and allows you to increase mobility, which is the look most niggas are going for these days(especially with the crossfit trend)..I don't see as many mountainous niggas without mobility as I did 5 years ago, tbh..

I also wouldn't recommend trying to gain muscle/lose fat at the same time for anybody, tbh..like Jag said, it involves way too much detail..I've been slow bulking(+10% over maintenance) for the last few months, and while the results have been good, I've had to keep track of my calories every day + use the proper macros + using a nutrition partitioner(M Stak) so I can gain a minimal amount of fat with my muscle..it's gruelling and mentally exhausting to constantly follow your foods and be conscious of your intake, tbh..

It's easier to bulk for 3 months and lift hard, try to eat well and mostly clean without having to thoroughly analyze your macros, and then follow up with a traditional cutting cycle, tbh..don't indulge in excessive bulking, but don't take the task of constantly following macros..

Counting your calories/macros is by far the most effective method for getting in optimal shape IMO, but most people give up on it after a few days, from my experience..

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2013, 11:16 AM
And ya, I disagree with Dok about Whey as well..I've been bulking on 3000 calories per day, and 600 of those calories come from Whey, it's difficult and expensive to amass 3000 calories with just actual food, tbh..

But like I've said many times, guys that over-bulk and look "beefy" don't look aesthetic IMO..

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-20-2013, 11:41 AM
And ya, I disagree with Dok about Whey as well..I've been bulking on 3000 calories per day, and 600 of those calories come from Whey, it's difficult and expensive to amass 3000 calories with just actual food, tbh..

But like I've said many times, guys that over-bulk and look "beefy" don't look aesthetic IMO..
Well people trying to lose weight shouldn't be eating 3,000 calories a day :lol

m>s
10-20-2013, 11:56 AM
I like how people keep referring to that protein powder shit as "cheap"...last time i was working out (long time ago, 2007) that shit was like 60 bucks for a 1 or 2 month supply. i found it was cheaper to just eat chicken and eggs and don't go telling me i was doing it wrong or not getting enough protein yada yada because i was benching slightly over 1.5 times my body weight.

m>s
10-20-2013, 11:57 AM

a lot of women like that look, what would a sissy canadian cuck know? ever heard of chubby chasers? keep up that cool guy internet facade you multiracial freak.

benefactor
10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
I also wouldn't recommend trying to gain muscle/lose fat at the same time for anybody, tbh..like Jag said, it involves way too much detail..I've been slow bulking(+10% over maintenance) for the last few months, and while the results have been good, I've had to keep track of my calories every day + use the proper macros + using a nutrition partitioner(M Stak) so I can gain a minimal amount of fat with my muscle..it's gruelling and mentally exhausting to constantly follow your foods and be conscious of your intake, tbh..

It's easier to bulk for 3 months and lift hard, try to eat well and mostly clean without having to thoroughly analyze your macros, and then follow up with a traditional cutting cycle, tbh..don't indulge in excessive bulking, but don't take the task of constantly following macros..

Counting your calories/macros is by far the most effective method for getting in optimal shape IMO, but most people give up on it after a few days, from my experience..
I wasn't really trying to get rid of fat and gain muscle at once, it just kind of happened that way when through a couple of different sets of circumstances. My cardio was through the roof when I was mixing the running with spinning and a muscle endurance weight program, but I wasn't eating quite as well as I could have. When I went back to going heavy to start building some size again, I kept with the spin classes and watched my diet closer. I wasn't going as far as counting but I was doing a better job of portion control and only did sweets on occasion. This has lead to a noticeable gain in muscle and a tightening down in my arms and across my chest and shoulders...which is what I've been going for. That's what I meant when I said I had shed some fat and gained muscle.

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Well people trying to lose weight shouldn't be eating 3,000 calories a day :lol

:lol still, it's an efficient way to consume protein with minimal fat and carbs, tbh..

FkLA
10-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I love how fat people try to convince themselves there is a Ronnie Coleman under here.

Nobody said theyre Ronnie Coleman. They do carry alot of weight though, and carrying those extra 100+ lbs that the average person helps them build muscle. Not that that that makes them healthy or anything but that wasnt the point behind the comment.

Yes you can. It's just difficult because it involves meticulous work balancing daily calories, grams fat, grams protein, grams carbs, salt totals, etc. It's also slow process so people give up. Most people that are obsessed with working out/lifting, balance those things anyway though (along with their anabolics).

losing muscle/fat=calorie deficit
gaining muscle/fact=calorie surplus

Not as informed about balancing macros too much but Im pretty sure itd still be impossible to somehow build muscle on a deficit/lose fat on a surplus, no? Pretty sure what most people that are into bodybuilding do is either a) get down to a low body fat % then slowly bulk up like HH or b)bulk up quickly to a fat level, cut back down.

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2013, 05:49 PM
You can gain muscle/lose fat simultaneously on a recomp diet, especially with an anabolic/nutrition partitioner, but like Jag said, it would take serious planning and attention to detail, tbh..

You could also take the same supplements + a good diet while properly timing your nutrition intake(specifically your carbs), but again, it takes a lot of discipline and 99% of people wouldn't last long, tbh(myself included)..

FkLA
10-20-2013, 05:56 PM
:tu

So benefactor is still wrong. Pretty sure he aint smart enough to do all that tbh.

HarlemHeat37
10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
In benefactor's case, it's possible that he stopped lifting heavy for a while and focused on cardio/spinning, and then got back into lifting, which could have led to the "noob gains" temporarily, tbh, which would lead to muscle gain/fat loss from what I understand..

benefactor
10-20-2013, 06:33 PM
You can gain muscle/lose fat simultaneously on a recomp diet, especially with an anabolic/nutrition partitioner, but like Jag said, it would take serious planning and attention to detail, tbh..

You could also take the same supplements + a good diet while properly timing your nutrition intake(specifically your carbs), but again, it takes a lot of discipline and 99% of people wouldn't last long, tbh(myself included)..
Yeah...it's not something I would try to actively do. I don't have the patience. But anyone who knows just a little about fitness knows it can be done with the right amount of discipline.

I used to have one of those trash disposal metabolisms...so I think part of mine was simply the change in diet mixed with going heavy again. As I said, I was already doing a lot of cardio so once I added the weights/diet back in it kicked it back in gear and I lost the extra fat(which wasn't that much to begin with...it's not like was letting myself balloon up 30lbs:lol).

benefactor
10-20-2013, 06:36 PM
In benefactor's case, it's possible that he stopped lifting heavy for a while and focused on cardio/spinning, and then got back into lifting, which could have led to the "noob gains" temporarily, tbh, which would lead to muscle gain/fat loss from what I understand..
Basically. I was doing weights but it was more maintenance. Going heavy again and changing my diet is when it started.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2013, 06:41 PM
5'9" 235?

:lol FatFkLA

Trainwreck2100
10-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I like how people keep referring to that protein powder shit as "cheap"...last time i was working out (long time ago, 2007) that shit was like 60 bucks for a 1 or 2 month supply. i found it was cheaper to just eat chicken and eggs and don't go telling me i was doing it wrong or not getting enough protein yada yada because i was benching slightly over 1.5 times my body weight.

det expired protein is the shit, super cheap and just fucking powder so not really bad for you

FkLA
10-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Basically. I was doing weights but it was more maintenance. Going heavy again and changing my diet is when it started.

I don't think you understand the simple concept of muscle gain. Maintenance or A deficit won't build you any muscle mass. You look like a big dude with some muscle on you (no homo) (no trolling)...my guess is you shed some fat making the muscle you had more visible. Your lifts could've increased as well just from conditioning the muscle you already had. I highly doubt you built actual muscle mass based on what you are describing though

FkLA
10-20-2013, 07:19 PM

I don't think you understand the simple concept behind muscle gain. Maintenance or A deficit won't build you any muscle mass. You look like a big dude with some muscle on you (no homo) (no trolling)...my guess is you shed some fat making the muscle you had more visible. Your lifts could've increased as well just from conditioning the muscle you already had. I highly doubt you built actual muscle mass based on what you are describing though

FkLA
10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
:lol FatFkLA

My pic is out there on ST somewhere. Post yours and we can compare who's fatter tbh.

mrsmaalox
10-20-2013, 08:09 PM

:cooldevil

jag
10-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Agreed with your points, tbh, but I disagree with lifters that don't do cardio, and I know plenty of them..guys that become mass and have impressive body fat/aesthetics, but they come play basketball and can't play longer than 10 minutes, tbh:lol..

You definitely don't need cardio to get cut, if you have built muscle and eat properly, getting in aesthetically pleasing shape is easily possible without cardio, but it's a bad idea IMO..it's good for your heart and allows you to increase mobility, which is the look most niggas are going for these days(especially with the crossfit trend)..I don't see as many mountainous niggas without mobility as I did 5 years ago, tbh..

I agree completely. There's a big difference between "looking fit" and having a healthy heart.

Spur|n|Austin
10-21-2013, 08:59 AM

Uh come again?

Katherine Robinson
10-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Can you build muscle and shed fat ?

Building muscle is a process with diminishing returns and the idea of eating in excess(bulking) was thought of to mitigate the rate of diminishing returns. You will gain muscle while on a properly distributed diet, even on a caloric deficit. The reason why many say this is not obtainable is because they think the same rules which apply to one with 5%bf will apply to them as well.

It is possible, but not optimal if your goal is muscular mass.

DisAsTerBot
10-21-2013, 09:09 AM
lol fatty robdiaz

AchillesHeel
10-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Fat people are so fucking stupid and insecure. Wanna know the secret to losing weight? Stop eating so fucking much, fatty, don't eat after 6-7 PM and walk a little, fatty. You don't even have to work out that much, big part about losing weight is telling yourself not to eat tons of crap every day.

Fat people are so annoying.

benefactor
10-21-2013, 11:44 AM
I don't think you understand the simple concept behind muscle gain. Maintenance or A deficit won't build you any muscle mass. You look like a big dude with some muscle on you (no homo) (no trolling)...my guess is you shed some fat making the muscle you had more visible. Your lifts could've increased as well just from conditioning the muscle you already had. I highly doubt you built actual muscle mass based on what you are describing though
Wrong again...I didn't lose hardly any weight but lost several inches at my waist while tightening down across my shoulders, arms chest and back. If I had not gained muscle I would have easily lost ten pounds or more but I went from 211 when I started to going heavy again to 208 while slimming down noticeably. I know how to train and I know the difference between muscle gains and fat losses. I've been doing it for half my life. I don't need some part time fatass telling me what I am and am not doing correctly.

This the the exact reason why...several posts ago...I said that I didn't care to have this conversation with you. Even with a "no trolling" post you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. But props to you for spending several months out of the year being a fatass and then losing it. That's quite an accomplishment, I suppose.

xmas1997
10-21-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I should lose about twenty pounds and am paying pretty close attention to everything all you guys say, except of course the obvious trolls.
My doctor wants me to lose five pounds, and he says there is no such thing as a true diet, that the best way is cut way down the carbs, leave food on my plate, and do a strenuous 40 minute walk every day.
He says that will do the job.
What do you guys think?

Leetonidas
10-21-2013, 01:09 PM
I don't know about you guys but I feel like I should lose about twenty pounds and am paying pretty close attention to everything all you guys say, except of course the obvious trolls.
My doctor wants me to lose five pounds, and he says there is no such thing as a true diet, that the best way is cut way down the carbs, leave food on my plate, and do a strenuous 40 minute walk every day.
What do you guys think?

Restructure your diet but make sure you still eat a lot
Lift a lot of weight doing mostly compound exercises. Lots of squats, deadlifts, presses, etc
Do some cardio involving something you enjoy. Basketball is great.
After a couple months start taking ephedrine + caffeine. EC stack is a great way to cut. Fat goes down and energy goes up.
Continue lifting regularly, every other day.

3 months later from doing nothing I was able to go from poor squats and deadlifts to doing 350+ on each for working sets. Personally I never found whey protein mixed with water to be a problem in my diet and I gained noticeable muscle mass. Just from my experience.

Good luck :tu

cantthinkofanything
10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
lemmee tell you about fat people...

Me and my friend were at a Chinese buffet and we're watching this obese motherfucker go back and forth through the line stacking his plate about a half a foot of food. He's gone back at least twice. Then all of a sudden, at his table, he starts complaining to the waitress about them not keeping the Orange Chicken Steak stocked up. This fatty has everything all lumped together on his damn plate. Including two or three kinds of chicken. And we all know it's the same shit. Orange Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Sesame Chicken. This is at a buffet. You're gonna complain because they don't have enough pieces of Fried Chicken for your fat ass?

lefty
10-21-2013, 01:42 PM
don't eat after 6-7 PM

Retarded bro-science

Creepn
10-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Just eat under your calorie limit for 2-3 months. Best way to lose weight without exercising and stay within weight.

AchillesHeel
10-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Retarded bro-science

It works, it's a simple method for all the lazy fat people out there. It's advised not to eat heavily like 1-3 hrs before sleep. It slows down your metabolism and you don't get enough rest(depending on what you consume, of course).

I know people who've done this, just eat healthy stuff during the day and don't eat heavily after dinner. It's the simplest thing in the world.

lefty
10-21-2013, 03:01 PM
It works, it's a simple method for all the lazy fat people out there. It's advised not to eat heavily like 1-3 hrs before sleep. It slows down your metabolism and you don't get enough rest(depending on what you consume, of course).

I know people who've done this, just eat healthy stuff during the day and don't eat heavily after dinner. It's the simplest thing in the world.
I see your point but that's the worst advice one can give to lazy fat people :lol

It's like a fad diet, and fad diets don't motivate people to work out

Moreover it's not healthy, and can even backfire and make their metabolism even slower

FatBeaner
10-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I had two beers and a smoke for lunch. Good lunch.

benefactor
10-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Sup bigsnax

Chief Brody
10-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Yeah, rob outted himself as a fatshit.

FatBeaner
10-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Sup bigsnax

wassup man, have you tried the General Tso's hotwings at Hooters! My oh my they were so good i had 20 of them. No fries though guys.

FkLA
10-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Wrong again...I didn't lose hardly any weight but lost several inches at my waist while tightening down across my shoulders, arms chest and back. If I had not gained muscle I would have easily lost ten pounds or more but I went from 211 when I started to going heavy again to 208 while slimming down noticeably. I know how to train and I know the difference between muscle gains and fat losses. I've been doing it for half my life. I don't need some part time fatass telling me what I am and am not doing correctly.

This the the exact reason why...several posts ago...I said that I didn't care to have this conversation with you. Even with a "no trolling" post you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. But props to you for spending several months out of the year being a fatass and then losing it. That's quite an accomplishment, I suppose.

So youre definitely not having any noob gains or anything like that. Youve been lifting half your life and with a simple change in a diet (no meticulous macro balancing) youve lost three pounds and gained noticeable muscle mass simultaneously? Funny how its just 'a change in diet' and nothing specific on your part btw. Im not giving you advice, just letting you know you sound kinda dumb making outlandish claims. But then again its common for you to do that and then follow it up by being a perfect exhibit for the dunning-kruger effect...so I guess I shouldnt be surprised tbh.

benefactor
10-21-2013, 04:36 PM
You follow a topic for shit per par.

This discussion is over.

m>s
10-21-2013, 04:52 PM
dunning-kruger effect
Thats my shtick

FkLA
10-21-2013, 04:54 PM
You follow a topic for shit per par.

This discussion is over.

Dude you give a vague ass explanation for how you managed to do what a large portion of the bodybuilding community struggles to do without the aid of steroids. Sorry, but portion control and 'only doing sweets on occasion' doesnt exactly explain how you somehow managed to do something that is incredibly difficult. Neither does the fact that youve done fitness 'half your life'.

But of course, rather than give a detailed explanation to back up your outlandish claim or admit to being wrong (which is the most likely scenario)...you just arrogantly walk away too ignorant to realize you are likely wrong. Dunning-Kruger effect over and over again tbh. :lol

FkLA
10-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Thats my shtick

link?

Ive been witnessing benefactor's stupidity for a while now, so its very likely I started using it before you imo.

m>s
10-21-2013, 05:29 PM
been using it for years

funny because i'm pretty sure i used to use it on you, you're pretty much the walking example

FkLA
10-21-2013, 05:39 PM
:lol You never used it on me.

Youre selling insurance, Im an engineer in the making--how would you using it on me even make sense :huh

m>s
10-21-2013, 05:48 PM
dude i really hope you die

FkLA
10-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Youre not the real m>s imo.

m>s
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
be@ner, i've been using this for at least 3 years

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169473&page=2&highlight=dunning

there are other examples i just don't remember which name i posted them all under, been banned more times than a mexican gets deported

FkLA
10-21-2013, 07:15 PM

You used it before me then. You're a smart fellow (not on my level but smart nonetheless), Burrows...regardless of what you think about me I can admit that much. So I'll just chalk it up to great minds thinking alike tbh.

m>s
10-21-2013, 07:23 PM
peace offering rejected be@ner

FkLA
10-21-2013, 07:33 PM
:lol Don't flatter yourself, whiteboy. You've never come off as a dumb person and thats all I'm saying. I'm not offering up anything else tbh.

The Reckoning
10-21-2013, 10:02 PM
half your portions and if you're still hungry then eat a shit load of fiber.

start smoking. do coke. get your dick wet.

boom.

AchillesHeel
10-22-2013, 12:25 AM
I see your point but that's the worst advice one can give to lazy fat people :lol

It's like a fad diet, and fad diets don't motivate people to work out

Moreover it's not healthy, and can even backfire and make their metabolism even slower

Point is, eat less and be more active and the weight comes off on it's own, unless you actually have some sort of a sickness.

benefactor
10-22-2013, 06:25 AM
What do you guys think?
He's right about there being no true diet. I'd cut sugars, eat until satisfied and not stuffed and cut out all sodas. Get some fruit to snack on. Lot's of water...80oz per day at least. If you don't like just drinking water you can get some of those flavor packets to put in it.

If you don't have a gym there are plenty of things you can do at home. Running is the most recommended cardio. Nothing will drop weight faster. If you simply hate to run, go pick up a cheap bicycle. Bicycling is how I lost all my weight initally. It's a good time of year to start it too as it's cooling off outside. Walking up and down stairs/bleachers is great too if you have a parking garage, stadium, etc. close to you that's accessible. If you can't join a gym for whatever reason, you can get tons of mileage out of a set of 15-20lb dumbells and some resistance bands. You can do lunges, pushups, situps, planks...home circuit training is pretty easy to put together with a little research. Youtube is full of videos that will give you tons different home exercises and their proper form so you can put together a circuit and change it up so you don't get bored.

mrsmaalox
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
He's right about there being no true diet. I'd cut sugars, eat until satisfied and not stuffed and cut out all sodas. Get some fruit to snack on. Lot's of water...80oz per day at least. If you don't like just drinking water you can get some of those flavor packets to put in it.

If you don't have a gym there are plenty of things you can do at home. Running is the most recommended cardio. Nothing will drop weight faster. If you simply hate to run, go pick up a cheap bicycle. Bicycling is how I lost all my weight initally. It's a good time of year to start it too as it's cooling off outside. Walking up and down stairs/bleachers is great too if you have a parking garage, stadium, etc. close to you that's accessible. If you can't join a gym for whatever reason, you can get tons of mileage out of a set of 15-20lb dumbells and some resistance bands. You can do lunges, pushups, situps, planks...home circuit training is pretty easy to put together with a little research. Youtube is full of videos that will give you tons different home exercises and their proper form so you can put together a circuit and change it up so you don't get bored.

:wow Whoa that's a lot of water! I can't do that. My doctor told me that a generally healthy person is fine with 16 oz per day and letting their thirst guide them for any extra; that's assuming of course they are maintaining a decent diet that should provide 25% of their water requirements anyway. While taking large quantities of water is good for your metabolism, people need to be careful with water depending on what kind of exercise they do. All you weightlifting guys should be fine but the runners (especially) need to be aware of the possibility of hyponatremia/hypokalemia; it is probably a good idea to drink at least one sports drink per day to replace the sodium and potassium lost during a long run. Also, do you drink green tea? If you replace 24oz of your 80oz of water with green tea, you can increase your metabolism by 4% over 24 hrs. Any little bit helps :toast

leemajors
10-22-2013, 11:11 AM
:wow Whoa that's a lot of water! I can't do that. My doctor told me that a generally healthy person is fine with 16 oz per day and letting their thirst guide them for any extra; that's assuming of course they are maintaining a decent diet that should provide 25% of their water requirements anyway. While taking large quantities of water is good for your metabolism, people need to be careful with water depending on what kind of exercise they do. All you weightlifting guys should be fine but the runners (especially) need to be aware of the possibility of hyponatremia/hypokalemia; it is probably a good idea to drink at least one sports drink per day to replace the sodium and potassium lost during a long run. Also, do you drink green tea? If you replace 24oz of your 80oz of water with green tea, you can increase your metabolism by 4% over 24 hrs. Any little bit helps :toast

Sea salt is a great additive for water. I also drink a half teaspoon of food grade Diatomaceous Earth with water daily. I drink 2-3L of water per day, but I am also riding my bike around 145 miles/week at this point and I need it :lol

Spur-Addict
10-22-2013, 11:26 AM

Why bother with the fork and knife?

benefactor
10-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Actually, what I recommended was on the low end of what many professionals recommend. Fitness guru Chris Powell recommends that you drink half of your body weight...which is what most trainers will recommend...and the Institute of Medicine recommends 91oz for women and 125oz for men. If you divide it up right between meals and drinking throughout the day 80oz is manageable and I think most healthy people wouldn't have a problem with electrolyte loss consuming that amount. If you add in the 25% for food intake it gets you right at 100oz, which splits the difference nicely between the mens/womens amount recommended by the IOM. I agree about running though...especially long distance. A sports drink or electrolyte water additive is a good idea if you are tackling over 5k per day.

Green tea...ugh. I just can't get into it. I know it's great for you but it's just nasty to me. It's solid advice though and I think xmas1997 should definitely give it a shot. :)

leemajors
10-22-2013, 12:12 PM
seriously, skip the sports drinks and powders. Sea salt's chemical composition is remarkably similar to that of blood. 1/8 tablespoon per 8oz.

benefactor
10-22-2013, 12:16 PM
seriously, skip the sports drinks and powders. Sea salt's chemical composition is remarkably similar to that of blood. 1/8 tablespoon per 8oz.

Would you do just one a day or a few?

leemajors
10-22-2013, 12:31 PM

Would you do just one a day or a few?

I usually just put some in my Osprey bag before I go riding, and then one glass immediately after as well.

boutons_deux
10-22-2013, 12:57 PM

nah, checking the dead bugs in the light fixture

FkLA
10-22-2013, 07:05 PM
benefactor can you help me out on how to lose weight and gain noticeable muscle simultaneously? You sound like you know your shit tbh. :lol

mrsmaalox
10-22-2013, 07:31 PM

Well the sports drinks also replace potassium---which I suppose most people replace with bananas but I can't touch those. Sea salt contains a trace of potassium and a few other elements, but those amts are pretty insignificant---at least that's what I remember from comparing sea salt vs table salt for cooking. Are those trace elements the reason it is similar to blood?

And the DE---do you use it for GI or musculoskeletal? I've heard it benefits both.

leemajors
10-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Well the sports drinks also replace potassium---which I suppose most people replace with bananas but I can't touch those. Sea salt contains a trace of potassium and a few other elements, but those amts are pretty insignificant---at least that's what I remember from comparing sea salt vs table salt for cooking. Are those trace elements the reason it is similar to blood?

And the DE---do you use it for GI or musculoskeletal? I've heard it benefits both.

I got it for my dog initially for home deworming, and just started taking some myself because my sister recommended it.