PDA

View Full Version : Clippers The Clippers have covered all of the Lakers' banners in Staples

teddygreen
10-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Dan Woike ‏@DanWoikeSports https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BW5eGsGCIAIa6fO.jpg

teddygreen
10-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Dan Woike ‏@DanWoikeSports 1h (https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/391365106992304128)
"I look at it as putting our guys up...this is our arena when we play ... No disrespect to them" --Doc Rivers on the banners in Staples.

Embed Tweet

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000611911588/5c0c4cdcd0832d7f7ecadc67a171557d_normal.jpeg Dan Woike ‏@DanWoikeSports (https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports)1h (https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/391356149632491521)
Goal is to make Staples Center look more like a Clippers building during Clipper home games. pic.twitter.com/qNj7NaCgUf (http://t.co/qNj7NaCgUf)

View photo Hide photo (https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/391356149632491521)

Reply (https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports#)

Arnold Toht
10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Wow.

ElNono
10-18-2013, 08:54 PM
^ Swept talking

IronMexican
10-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Only makes sense tbh. I just wonder why wait till they finally became a relevant franchise to do so. This was something they should have done Back at the GWF days.

Clipper Nation
10-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Doc trolling Lakerfan REAL hard with this one, tbh :lol

Katherine Robinson
10-18-2013, 08:57 PM
A temporary solution, they should move to the Honda Center.

LkrFan
10-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Only makes sense tbh. I just wonder why wait till they finally became a relevant franchise to do so. This was something they should have done Back at the GWF days.
STFU Pendejo. :downspin:

LkrFan
10-18-2013, 08:58 PM

Or back to San Diego tbh.

koriwhat
it's funny how 1 city has 2 teams and they both share the same arena and when they play each other no one is jet lag and no traveling involved unlike other teams around the league... how convenient.

LkrFan
Why don't they cover them up with their 2 Pacific Title Banners? :lol at this shit son.

Clipper Nation
10-18-2013, 08:59 PM
it's funny how 1 city has 2 teams and they both share the same arena and when they play each other no one is jet lag and no traveling involved unlike other teams around the league... how convenient.
The same thing happens in football with the Giants and Jets, so it's not some nefarious Stern plot, dumbass :lol

LkrFan
10-18-2013, 08:59 PM

Lakers-Celtics rivalry saved the NBA. Without the Lakers, there are no NBA Spurs tbh. Show some respect son. :tu

Clipper Nation
10-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Or back to San Diego tbh.

Lakers should move to Mexico D.F. to be closer to their fans, tbh :downspin:

LkrFan
10-18-2013, 09:02 PM
The Spurs should move to Mexico D.F. to be closer to their fans, tbh :downspin:

FIFY son. See how that works? ;)

ElNono
10-18-2013, 09:05 PM
The Spurs should move to Mexico D.F. to be closer to their fans, tbh

Lots of irony in this post... :downspin:

elmanutres
10-18-2013, 09:06 PM
they might as well relocate the clippers to seattle.

Michael Jordan.
10-18-2013, 09:15 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao Fredo

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2013, 09:52 PM
damn the begging for attention is spreading to the clippers?

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2013, 10:28 PM

stfu...I can make the same gotdam arugment for why MJ won 6...nigga played in the mid-west...didn't have to travel from Coast to Coast to play games like Boston and LA did

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2013, 10:34 PM
stfu...I can make the same gotdam arugment for why MJ won 6...nigga played in the mid-west...didn't have to travel from Coast to Coast to play games like Boston and LA did

LOL this dumbshit is still complaining, ur team was fkn shit during the 90s, just stfu

Buddy Mignon
10-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Doc Rivers is a perfect example of the saying... "you can take the nigga out the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out the nigga." This nigga haven't won a single gake with this pathetic team and yet he wants to remodel the stadium to his liking. This is what niggas do... they ghettofy beautiful communities. Look at Michelle Obama... not an ounce of class coming from her and her yellow striped husband.

Clipper Nation
10-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Doc Rivers is a perfect example of the saying... "you can take the nigga out the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out the nigga." This nigga haven't won a single gake with this pathetic team and yet he wants to remodel the stadium to his liking. This is what niggas do... they ghettofy beautiful communities. Look at Michelle Obama... not an ounce of class coming from her and her yellow striped husband.
after reading the chapter and analyzing the akatsuki leader's objectives, i gotta say i'm impressed by his business model. He's not just going to go out there and pwn everyone. He's actually going to gather allies, form armies, make money, and gradually build himself up into a viable business. Eventually, because he's got his little united nations of little ninja countries backing him, the akatsuki will end up on near equal footing with any of the five great ninja villages. Kinda like how bill gates built up microsoft from the ground up and turned it into a near super monopoly with ridiculous profit.

Meanwhile, orochimaru's chilling in caves still trying to keep up a facade of power although all he really has left is one bargaining chip(sasuke), a non-existant village, and ummm...kabuto. He had a business plan too...only it was a horrible failure because of fraud and mismanagement and ended up profiting him and him alone while leaving everyone else involved to suffer horribly when it failed. And even then, he ended up getting burned by his own short-sighted planning. Kinda like how enron was pretending all was well, while in reality, they were losing billions and their leaders were dumping its stock like crazy while encouraging employees not to panic because nothing was wrong at all. Orochimaru's ambition has little chance of being achieved, because he's got people on his ass already, little actual means to achieving it besides taking over sasuke(hey, even enron had a last grasp of possibly surviving before ultimately being shutdown)...but then what? He's still going to have people on his ass and it's just him and kabuto...and i suppose any sound that survived the invasion of konoha.

So what's my point?

Akatsuki can realistically achieve their goal because they seem to have sound strategy and a leader with a good head on their shoulders. I'm sure they'll build themselves up to the point where the goal is feasible and they're actually in high standing.

Meanwhile, i easily see orochimaru ending up like enron's ceo kenneth lay...

...dying alone on some mountain.

Sorry, if no one understands any of this crap. I just really liked that business model the al came up with.

spurraider21
10-18-2013, 11:55 PM
:lmao gg rakaruva

Venti Quattro
10-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Be careful in assembly of those, Staples Center personnel. Those banners might flop and fall over to the fans.

Also, I can think of only one reason why'd they do this: Doc Rivers cannot take the pain of 2010 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

koriwhat
10-19-2013, 01:48 AM
The same thing happens in football with the Giants and Jets, so it's not some nefarious Stern plot, dumbass :lol

i never said it was some plot by the nba... plus i don't watch anything but basketball. i might catch 5 mins of the Super Bowl yearly and that's about as much football as i watch, if i'm watching it.

koriwhat
10-19-2013, 01:49 AM
Lakers-Celtics rivalry saved the NBA. Without the Lakers, there are no NBA Spurs tbh. Show some respect son. :tu

who brought up the celtics or saving the nba? fuck both the celtics and the lakers!

Leon Black
10-19-2013, 04:52 AM
^ Swept talking

lol you should talk faggot.
lol 6
lol biggest choke in Finals history
lol spurs suck dick
lol nono
lol you're a faggot

RsxPiimp
10-19-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't know whats more pathetic, Miami retiring Jordan's jersey or the Clippers proudly displaying their hard earned one and only division championship banner.:lmao

RsxPiimp
10-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Be careful in assembly of those, Staples Center personnel. Those banners might flop and fall over to the fans.

Also, I can think of only one reason why'd they do this: Doc Rivers cannot take the pain of 2010 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
The butthurt:lol

Michael Jordan.
10-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Even the banners got swept :lol

DMC
10-19-2013, 10:05 AM

You ever driven to Staples? It takes longer to drive there from any livable area than to fly to most other cities.

DMC
10-19-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't know whats more pathetic, Miami retiring Jordan's jersey or the Clippers proudly displaying their hard earned one and only division championship banner.:lmao

Unlike you, they don't have the option to bandwagon a historically dominant franchise.

RsxPiimp
10-19-2013, 10:40 AM
JA Adande's Tweet wrote:
Clippers covered those too RT @nando1287: hey clippers even the sparks have a banner up there lmao.

Doc upset the sparks has more banners than the clippers :lmao

DMC
10-19-2013, 10:44 AM
JA Adande's Tweet wrote:
Clippers covered those too RT @nando1287: hey clippers even the sparks have a banner up there lmao.

Doc upset the sparks has more banners than the clippers :lmao

Doc should be upset about it. That's why he's there.

Would you rather have Doc or Mike D?

I think we all know the answer. You pretend to be laughing, but you're crying inside.

Clipper Nation
10-19-2013, 10:45 AM
:lol Lakerfan proving me right

Buddy Mignon
10-19-2013, 11:21 AM

I think we all know the answer. You pretend to be laughing, but you're crying inside.

Really?!?! Come on... you're not that stupid. Crying about what? Being the most glorious franchise in all of sports? Winning more than 30 conference titles? Retiring more legends than any team ever? The 16 title banners? We're living like fat rats, DMC. Check this out. In our current so-called state of irrelevancy... we have more televised games than both the Splurs and Clippers. We will get more news coverage than both the Spurs and Clippers combined. And unlike the Clippers and Splurs... you won't find $1.69 ticket prices when we play. Yeah... we're crying.

Michael Jordan.
10-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Really?!?! Come on... you're not that stupid. Crying about what? Being the most glorious franchise in all of sports? Winning more than 30 conference titles? Retiring more legends than any team ever? The 16 title banners? We're living like fat rats, DMC. Check this out. In our current so-called state of irrelevancy... we have more televised games than both the Splurs and Clippers. We will get more news coverage than both the Spurs and Clippers combined. And unlike the Clippers and Splurs... you won't find $1.69 ticket prices when we play. Yeah... we're crying.
:rollin Fredo

Clipper Nation
10-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Hey, so the game is simple: Had any sarcastic thoughts about some kind of scene or dialogue in the Naruto episodes? Wait, I'll just give you an example!

When I watched Sasuke name his team "Hebi" I had some funny thoughts about what the others should say, lol.

Sasuke: I hereby name this team Hebi!

Suigetsu: Why, aren't weeee creative -_-

Jugo: ...

, stuff like that. So, if you had any funny dialogue changes post them here, and if they're good, I might give ya a godd rep !

Buddy Mignon
10-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Hey, so the game is simple: Had any sarcastic thoughts about some kind of scene or dialogue in the Naruto episodes? Wait, I'll just give you an example!

When I watched Sasuke name his team "Hebi" I had some funny thoughts about what the others should say, lol.

Sasuke: I hereby name this team Hebi!

Suigetsu: Why, aren't weeee creative -_-

Jugo: ...

, stuff like that. So, if you had any funny dialogue changes post them here, and if they're good, I might give ya a godd rep !

Lol... logic.

Michael Jordan.
10-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Ah my first kiss. There was this guy friend of mine when I was in high school and we were pretending to be actors, and we were filming this short film where we had to kiss. We didn't do an open mouth kiss or anything, just lips to lip for a few seconds and that was that, but yeah, technically that was my first kiss.

My first kiss with a girl was with a treo of girls, kissing all three of them because they were friends and shared everything, but that's my thang ya know?

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/10355-when-ur-first-kiss-33.html

teddygreen
10-19-2013, 12:15 PM
http://clippers.topbuzz.com/modules/PNphpBB2/upload-pics/clippers/3608_504_2.jpg

RsxPiimp
10-19-2013, 12:33 PM

Don't be stupid, sports don't upset me like most y'all:hat

Katherine Robinson
10-19-2013, 12:35 PM
The reaction isn't as bad as I had expected from the Laker fanbase. Perhaps it's because they have already migrated to the Clipper wagon.

Bynumite
10-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Why didn't they use the clippers 13 championship banners flop city faggot keeps mentioning?

Pacific division banner & done :lmao

Bynumite
10-19-2013, 12:57 PM

Allow me to quote Doc:

"The risk is all mine," Rivers, 51, said. "To go to an organization that hasn't won but [two] playoff series in their entire history, in a town where the other team is the best franchise in sports history – that's risk.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/23911371/doc-rivers-says-the-lakers-are-the-best-franchise-in-the-history-of-sports

lol flop city nation :lmao

Buddy Mignon
10-19-2013, 01:31 PM
The reaction isn't as bad as I had expected from the Laker fanbase. Perhaps it's because they have already migrated to the Clipper wagon.

Does a handsome man overreact to an unattractive man? Does a rich man envy a poor man? Does a smart man seek wisdom from a fool? You get the point.

Thebesteva
10-19-2013, 04:53 PM
An organization who claims they're finally surpassing the Lakers, and their best season ever ends the same way as the Lakers worst.

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 05:10 PM

It depends. Does Doc have Thibbs and Prime KG by his side? And IIRC, if not for The Hipcheck! Mike D is a championship coach in 2007 tbh.

Doc will look good these next couple of years because he got good playersPERIOD. He was a perennial lottery coach B.T. (before Thibbs) in Orlando and Boston. I remember a Doc coached Celtic team sucking so much that their fans were chanting MVP! to Kobe as he shot free throws...in the Garden no less. Feeling sorry for their sorry franchise, Lurch and Ainge colluded to gift wrap KG to Boston. They even got RA in a trade (great trade BTW) then went on to rang. However, since Thibbs bolted for Chi-town, did the Celtic scum ever raise #18? Feel free to google that son. Matter of fact, we would have seen his true colors as a coach had he not bolted for Clipperland.

Great motivator? Yes. Great coach? :lol

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Truth Bombs. Well stated. :tu

HI-FI
10-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Is there a banner of Magic getting bufu'd by a tranny?

HI-FI
10-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Truth Bombs. Well stated. :tu

the guy spends all his time analyzing Naruto episodes while bandwagoning the Lakers. He should be rooting for his hometown team the Balochistan Beheaders instead.

Buddy Mignon
10-19-2013, 05:32 PM
An organization who claims they're finally surpassing the Lakers, and their best season ever ends the same way as the Lakers worst.

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Their best season was equal to our most disappointing season ever... :lmao

ElNono
10-19-2013, 05:33 PM
nu uh... rememba det one time when Kirby in his prime couldn't even make the playoffs? :lmao

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Only makes sense tbh. I just wonder why wait till they finally became a relevant franchise to do so. This was something they should have done Back at the GWF days.Clippers never played there.

Or back to San Diego tbh.Why?

The money is fine at Staples. Can't force Sterling into a move that would lose him money.

lefty
10-19-2013, 06:03 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2300537/deandrethunderdunk.gif
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1492623/deandreohmy.gif

Rogue
10-19-2013, 07:28 PM

truth bomb. The comparison of Doc and Mike D is like that between fish and shark fin imho. It's up to the team's or the owner's orientation though. if you only wanna sell tickets and win the regular season, Mike D might be the more appealing option even.

namlook
10-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Why don't they cover them up with their 2 Pacific Title Banners? :lol at this shit son.

The fact that Division titles banner are put up tells us all we need to know. Who puts up division title banners? :lol

DMC
10-19-2013, 09:03 PM

That can keep you warm on those "Legends of the NBA" nights on NBA TV. Over on TNT, we'll be watching contenders.

DMC
10-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Ah my first kiss. There was this guy friend of mine when I was in high school and we were pretending to be actors, and we were filming this short film where we had to kiss. We didn't do an open mouth kiss or anything, just lips to lip for a few seconds and that was that, but yeah, technically that was my first kiss.

My first kiss with a girl was with a treo of girls, kissing all three of them because they were friends and shared everything, but that's my thang ya know?

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/10355-when-ur-first-kiss-33.html

da fak

DMC
10-19-2013, 09:14 PM
truth bomb. The comparison of Doc and Mike D is like that between fish and shark fin imho. It's up to the team's or the owner's orientation though. if you only wanna sell tickets and win the regular season, Mike D might be the more appealing option even.

Yes, but Laker fans here pretend they don't care about being competitive now, and that the team's past successes is enough. What they ignore (but we won't let them) is that no one here gets a damn thing from the past of any of these teams (or the present tbh) except the right to talk massive shit on this forum. Lakers fan lost that right a few years back. It's one thing for a team to not repeat, hell the Spurs never did, so I don't think much about 2011. I let them go in 2012 as well since they were basically the same shitty team. However, they made a new bottom floor last season by whoring out themselves to any player with a name who would listen only to be utterly embarrassed in the regular season, the post season and the off season with actions and results I don't think any team in the history of sports has ever had.

The Lakers really have become the Donatella Versace of the NBA. They changed their appearance past the point of recognition. They are now that team you wince at when you see them, as they fight irrelevancy in the NBA and as the face of their franchise becomes more and more of a plastic figurine of a person.

Now Lakers fans here no longer even discuss their team. They are now adopting the Heat in a backdoor like fashion. That's irrelevant if it ever existed.

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Why?

The money is fine at Staples. Can't force Sterling into a move that would lose him money.
San Diego is a fine sports town. I've been stationed there for almost 7 years. Just like they support the ringless Chargers and Padres, they surely would support da Clipps. They can play in the old San Diego Sports Arena. They can permanently hang their photoshop quality Pacific Title banners and posters there. "San Diego Clippers" has a nice ring to it, now that I think about it. :lol

Thebesteva
10-19-2013, 09:45 PM
They should change their name tho in all honesty. The very word Clipper is a synonym for Losing

Katherine Robinson
10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes, but Laker fans here pretend they don't care about being competitive now, and that the team's past successes is enough. What they ignore (but we won't let them) is that no one here gets a damn thing from the past of any of these teams (or the present tbh) except the right to talk massive shit on this forum. Lakers fan lost that right a few years back. It's one thing for a team to not repeat, hell the Spurs never did, so I don't think much about 2011. I let them go in 2012 as well since they were basically the same shitty team. However, they made a new bottom floor last season by whoring out themselves to any player with a name who would listen only to be utterly embarrassed in the regular season, the post season and the off season with actions and results I don't think any team in the history of sports has ever had.

The Lakers really have become the Donatella Versace of the NBA. They changed their appearance past the point of recognition. They are now that team you wince at when you see them, as they fight irrelevancy in the NBA and as the face of their franchise becomes more and more of a plastic figurine of a person.

Now Lakers fans here no longer even discuss their team. They are now adopting the Heat in a backdoor like fashion. That's irrelevant if it ever existed.

The Lakers are the same franchise they've always been. The fans are the same assortment of diehard basketball fans and bandwagon wiggers they've always been as well. You make it sound like this isn't the process the franchise has been through since the departure of West/Wilt, Kareem/Magic, Shaq/KB8 and prime Gasol/KB24. An age old tradition.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
San Diego is a fine sports town. I've been stationed there for almost 7 years. Just like they support the ringless Chargers and Padres, they surely would support da Clipps. They can play in the old San Diego Sports Arena. They can permanently hang their photoshop quality Pacific Title banners and posters there. "San Diego Clippers" has a nice ring to it, now that I think about it. :lolHad they supported the Clippers, they never would have let there in the first place.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Vgac-8H2K-A/UBAEuIy1J-I/AAAAAAAAEI4/daz4oFsWhv0/s1600/Watson.JPG

lakerfan knows nothing outside his bubble.

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Had they supported the Clippers, they never would have let there in the first place.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Vgac-8H2K-A/UBAEuIy1J-I/AAAAAAAAEI4/daz4oFsWhv0/s1600/Watson.JPG

lakerfan knows nothing outside his bubble.
That's cute. I've been in and out of San Diego since 1991. You really think I didn't know the Clipps used to play there? :rolleyes -15 points son. You're better than this.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 11:05 PM
That's cute. I've been in and out of San Diego since 1991. You really think I didn't know the Clipps used to play there?Yes.

LkrFan
10-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Yes.
Let's see, Clipper is a type of ship. San Diego is a Navy town. Nah, I never would have suspected. You're a dumbass. SMH

ChumpDumper
10-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Let's see, Clipper is a type of ship. San Diego is a Navy town. Nah, I never would have suspected. You're a dumbass. SMHYou're lakerfan. SYH

Venti Quattro
10-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Each fan base has a bunch of degenerates so I sometimes don't get why can't we accept this fact.

ezau
10-21-2013, 01:42 AM

Oh, boy:lol

Biernutz
10-21-2013, 01:48 AM
What banner could the Clippers hang other than the most #1 draft choices in NBA history.

lefty
10-21-2013, 02:28 AM
:lmao Nick Young
:lmao Asshurt

:lmao acting like he won one of those championships with the Lakers

:cry Cleppers stop pls
:cry take your banners off pls
:cry we'll suck your cocks pls

Lakers offended by Clips covering banners, Nick Young thinks move is offensive

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9855685/los-angeles-lakers-offended-los-angeles-clippers-covering-championship-banners

Katherine Robinson
10-21-2013, 08:51 AM
:lmao Nick Young
:lmao Asshurt

:lmao acting like he won one of those championships with the Lakers

:cry Cleppers stop pls
:cry take your banners off pls
:cry we'll suck your cocks pls

Lakers offended by Clips covering banners, Nick Young thinks move is offensive

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9855685/los-angeles-lakers-offended-los-angeles-clippers-covering-championship-banners

It just shows pride in the team you play for, the only comedy is that the only people who care are a few Laker fans and a man who has yet to play a regular season game for his team.

D-Wade
10-21-2013, 11:15 AM
No Nick Young you need to "earn your keep" not Doc Rivers.

Killakobe81
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM

I agree no big deal. I get why they are doing it.
My only questions are:
1. Why not Anaheim so they can forge their own identity
2. Wouldn't leaving them there act as a reminder of what you are striving for?

But either way no real malice for Clips ...wish them well. Lil brother is getting some shine, much like Eli ...but can they rang like Peyton's little brother is the question?

Koolaid_Man
10-21-2013, 12:11 PM
No Nick Young you need to "earn your keep" not Doc Rivers.

Doc Rivers is a failure....He let Kobe get 2 of those titles and he only got one after assembling, KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo...that's 3 First Ballot HOF'ers right there and Kobe the only other 1st Ballot HOF to battle these guys won 2/3...Doc is a failure

D-Wade
10-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Doc Rivers is a failure....He let Kobe get 2 of those titles and he only got one after assembling, KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo...that's 3 First Ballot HOF'ers right there and Kobe the only other 1st Ballot HOF to battle these guys won 2/3...Doc is a failure

Would've gotten 2 if not for Perk going down. (though Bean certainly did his part to help the Cs in Gm 7)

99 Problems
10-21-2013, 03:48 PM
So they should. At least they have some stars.

StrengthAndHonor
10-21-2013, 03:52 PM
This is a non issue, the Clippers are no longer under the Lakers' shadow. They have an identity now, an exciting brand of basketball that they can actually sell to their fans. Laker fans shouldn't be insecure, the owners arent.

Venti Quattro
10-21-2013, 08:49 PM
The Lakers have championship banners and retired jerseys of HOF'ers.

The Clippers have banners of ........ Matt Barnes and DeAndre Jordan :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

RsxPiimp
10-21-2013, 09:12 PM
The Lakers have championship banners and retired jerseys of HOF'ers.

The Clippers have banners of ........ Matt Barnes and DeAndre Jordan :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:rollin

Rogue
10-21-2013, 10:58 PM

Truth nuke tbh. Some teams just don't care that much about winning, like the Lakers, and the same can be said about the Knicks as well. They may carry a full squad of garbage assets and play in sheer mediocrity for years but they'll still get the $ which's all the care, because they're based in big markets.

They'll still get some big names, with or without the help from Stern. Sometimes the big named acquisitions crank out good results (like Pau) and sometimes don't, like the arrivals of Nash and DH only one year ago. Even when DH had turned out a terrible fit for this team and had officially expressed his reluctance to continue playing there, they still wanted him to stay and even begged him to stay... I think that's what makes the city of LA, imho. They want big names and noises and they'll always get them no matter how good/bad the team plays, and you can never expect a team to be built in LA based upon a system like Sloan's Jazz and Pop's Spurs. Such teams would never be able to even take root in LA imho. Like my goddess once said, LA is a very hard place to be. You always need people who love you here, otherwise you would feel very lonely.

Leetonidas
10-21-2013, 11:02 PM

oh yeah, that's rakaruva alright :lmao

DMC
10-22-2013, 12:19 AM
The Lakers are the same franchise they've always been. The fans are the same assortment of diehard basketball fans and bandwagon wiggers they've always been as well. You make it sound like this isn't the process the franchise has been through since the departure of West/Wilt, Kareem/Magic, Shaq/KB8 and prime Gasol/KB24. An age old tradition.

No, they are not run by Jerry Buss any more. They aren't the same. No way the best big in the league leaves them after 1 season if they were the same. No way they publicly beg him to stay. No way they hire a coach who was just fired from NY for not producing with a group of all stars.

The team you're referring to had Pat Riley and Phil Jackson. Sure they had their in betweens, but Kobe isn't going to retire soon, and no one short of Lebron James would make the Lakers contenders again and I don't think James is going to LA.

Also, the day of the 30m dollar contract is in the past. These days it's all shoe contracts, and there's enough market from other teams to get there without needing to play with Kobe Bryant.

Katherine Robinson
10-22-2013, 12:34 AM
No, they are not run by Jerry Buss any more. They aren't the same. No way the best big in the league leaves them after 1 season if they were the same. No way they publicly beg him to stay. No way they hire a coach who was just fired from NY for not producing with a group of all stars.

The team you're referring to had Pat Riley and Phil Jackson. Sure they had their in betweens, but Kobe isn't going to retire soon, and no one short of Lebron James would make the Lakers contenders again and I don't think James is going to LA.

Also, the day of the 30m dollar contract is in the past. These days it's all shoe contracts, and there's enough market from other teams to get there without needing to play with Kobe Bryant.

The team has always strived from being in Los Angeles, not the ownership of Jerry - who has let the team fall from grace many times. There is no changing what the team represents, how they attain glory and fall. Jerry's unfortunate passing is a cosmetic change at most.

There will always be great coaches, great players and great streaks of luck for the coddled team of the NBA. You may not want to admit it, perhaps because you do not like the team or it's fans, but you must understand that the NBA is for-profit and teams like the Bulls, Lakers and Knicks keep the league afloat - they will be kept afloat in return.

DMC
10-22-2013, 04:42 PM
The team has always strived from being in Los Angeles, not the ownership of Jerry - who has let the team fall from grace many times. There is no changing what the team represents, how they attain glory and fall. Jerry's unfortunate passing is a cosmetic change at most.

There will always be great coaches, great players and great streaks of luck for the coddled team of the NBA. You may not want to admit it, perhaps because you do not like the team or it's fans, but you must understand that the NBA is for-profit and teams like the Bulls, Lakers and Knicks keep the league afloat - they will be kept afloat in return.

Jerry Buss kept players long enough to get something out of them. Jim Buss, not so much.

I don't have anything against the Lakers. I just don't see anything significant happening for them in the next few years. Of course they will return to the highest level quicker than most, because they have deep pockets and an attractive destination for a lot of reasons, and yes the NBA wants it that way, but you cannot squeeze blood from a turnip no matter how hard you try.

Michael Jordan.
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Jerry Buss kept players long enough to get something out of them. Jim Buss, not so much.

I don't have anything against the Lakers. I just don't see anything significant happening for them in the next few years. Of course they will return to the highest level quicker than most, because they have deep pockets and an attractive destination for a lot of reasons, and yes the NBA wants it that way, but you cannot squeeze blood from a turnip no matter how hard you try.
Exactly. Jerry was good at mending relationships (ex. Convincing Kobe to stay). Jim? :lol

Killakobe81
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM

DMC A few things ...
1. Don't like Heat but respect Wade and especially Lebron. Love Riles he will always be a Laker to me ...
2. Sure we suck. But LOL at Spur fan trying to say we clinging to 16 when all I saw upstairs and down here after the FINALS (save a few diehards) was ... "well I cant be mad, Spurs have given 4 rings and so much joy the past 14 years, blah blah". Hypocrites.
3. If we have to face our shitty team yall also need to accept the "collapse in 6" and some Laker, Heat and other fans won't let you forget it either ...
4. I come here to talk NBA not just Lakers otherwise I would stay on LG ...
5. spur fans will be right behind us (mired in mediocrity) A.D. (after Duncan)

Otherwise enjoy kickig dirt while we are down ... I doubt it will last (i hope)

DMC
10-22-2013, 05:10 PM
DMC A few things ...
1. Don't like Heat but respect Wade and especially Lebron. Love Riles he will always be a Laker to me ...
2. Sure we suck. But LOL at Spur fan trying to say we clinging to 16 when all I saw upstairs and down here after the FINALS (save a few diehards) was ... "well I cant be mad, Spurs have given 4 rings and so much joy the past 14 years, blah blah". Hypocrites.
3. If we have to face our shitty team yall also need to accept the "collapse in 6" and some Laker, Heat and other fans won't let you forget it either ...
4. I come here to talk NBA not just Lakers otherwise I would stay on LG ...
5. spur fans will be right behind us (mired in mediocrity) A.D. (after Duncan)

Otherwise enjoy kickig dirt while we are down ... I doubt it will last (i hope)

Well no, we only need to accept shit from Heat fans. Your team got swept. You've nary room to strut about because we won the WC and lost a close one. We take our lumps from Heat fans, who've earned the right to talk shit (not counting the transfers who move from winning team to winning team, and yeah we know who you are).

Katherine Robinson
10-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Ive maintained that, it is what the franchise has always gone through. Jerry's contribution is financial at most, he has always allowed others such as West guide his wallet. The Lakers under new ownership of the Buss trust (not solely Jim) will eventually level out to the same leadership as always - the smart guiding the rich.

cheguevara
10-22-2013, 05:56 PM
The real fuck you would be if they do this when Lakers play as visitors. Can't wait