PDA

View Full Version : Any one else preorder GT6?

Wild Cobra
10-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Last month I preordered GT6 from Amazon for the bonus of getting the 5 extra cars and 1,000,000 credits to start with. GameStop also has a preorder to get 20 cars,, but no starting credits. Anyone else getting in on this?

DJR210
10-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Meh. Starting with a million credits takes away the need to grind it out in the beginning..takes away some of the fun of the career IMO.

Wild Cobra
10-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Meh. Starting with a million credits takes away the need to grind it out in the beginning..takes away some of the fun of the career IMO.
I agree. So does the online purchasing capability. However, this way, I can buy lots of cars at the beginning and start a database of their stats.

You can have more than one ID you know...

You don't have to enter the code in all ID's...

Wild Cobra
10-19-2013, 10:23 AM
More than the million credits, it's the special cars I want. It's the only way you can get these ones, and they are not tradable.

Wild Cobra
12-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Bump...

Reck
12-05-2013, 06:17 PM
My bad, didn't see this thread.

Definitely getting it.

They finally added the whether system in GT6. You'll be able to see the actual transition from sunny, to cloudy to raining and day to night.

Suspect
12-05-2013, 06:43 PM
damn, it comes out tomorrow? lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-05-2013, 09:33 PM
any of you clowns have a racing seat setup?

got a g27 steering wheel, in the process looking at seat setups for teh controller....

Wild Cobra
12-07-2013, 03:01 PM
any of you clowns have a racing seat setup?

got a g27 steering wheel, in the process looking at seat setups for teh controller....

I just use a wooden coffee table. Works great, and have a metal attachment I made from sheet metal to lock the pedal assembly in place to the coffee table.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
I just use a wooden coffee table. Works great, and have a metal attachment I made from sheet metal to lock the pedal assembly in place to the coffee table.

watch a diy 100bucks kit on youtube made out of wood

i think ima turn my benchpress into a frame for it, got a friend whose father welds gates for a living, might get him to weld me a set...the fkn shit u see on youtube and stores, fkn overpriced....

do you play racings sims thats not on consoles? i see these sims and shit looks good, but do they have online multiplayer?

Wild Cobra
12-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I only race the Gran Turismo series. I have better things to do with my time than focus on multiple race games.

Suspect
12-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I only race the Gran Turismo series. I have better things to do with my time than focus on multiple race games.
like stalk people on google maps?

Wild Cobra
12-08-2013, 10:46 AM
like stalk people on google maps?
My god, only losers use such old material.

resistanze
12-08-2013, 11:09 PM
:lol Got my copy of GT6 free through shop.ca

Wild Cobra
12-09-2013, 10:05 AM
DmolzOR6ZM0

Creepn
12-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Hypocritical Wild Cobra. You became the very people you criticize with your hands out looking for the easy way. Earn your credits!

Wild Cobra
12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Hypocritical Wild Cobra. You became the very people you criticize with your hands out looking for the easy way. Earn your credits!
Really?

I earn plenty of credits. In GT5, I kept having to buy 20,000,000 credit cars because I was winning so many times. What's wrong with wanting a little more flexibility?

You must really be a loser with nothing better to do than find cause to find faults in others.

I guess I should pity you rather than despise you.

Wild Cobra
12-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey Moron. You know what else? I like to make a database and collect the stats, options, etc. of the cars. This allows me to buy options i would otherwise wait for. So far, no extra money was needed to do anything faster in the game.

Again, I pity poor souls like you, who as adults, still have nothing better to do than bully others.

Cry Havoc
12-09-2013, 12:18 PM
How's the AI in this game? Any better?

Wild Cobra
12-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't know.

I swear, there seems to always be one that purposely stays in your way...

Better... Maybe.

They don't seem to bump into me for no reason, if that's what you mean. I'm a little disappointing in their speed. I already had the evolution IX before starting the Tour of Japanese, so I decided to use it. The race has a 600 PP limit, and the best two cars listed as "typical" are 545 PP/541 HP and 541 PP/552 HP, at least by GT5 numbers. Anyway my Evo is 527 PP/485 HP. It was way too easy to get gold.

Any requests for me to record and upload, or screenshots?

resistanze
12-15-2013, 10:52 PM

Better? Well in the same way a lobotomized man is smarter than a lobotomized chimp. :lol

The pure driving experience is still amazing, but everything else is lacking. Car sounds are bad, AI is bad, too many old duplicate cars, rolling starts for every race and no qualifying...it's just not good enough anymore. I actually question their decision to even make this game for the PS3. Sales have been poor as well.

I give it a 7/10, luckily I got it for free so I can just enjoying the driving experience (and nothing else).

Reck
12-15-2013, 11:04 PM
I know I said I would get the game but I decided against it at the last moment. Going to get the PS4 with Driveclub next year.

Wild Cobra
12-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Better? Well in the same way a lobotomized man is smarter than a lobotomized chimp. :lol

The pure driving experience is still amazing, but everything else is lacking. Car sounds are bad, AI is bad, too many old duplicate cars, rolling starts for every race and no qualifying...it's just not good enough anymore. I actually question their decision to even make this game for the PS3. Sales have been poor as well.

I give it a 7/10, luckily I got it for free so I can just enjoying the driving experience (and nothing else).

GT6 is definitely lacking compared to GT5, but it does have some good points.

I do like the Goodwood series. In my sig is me racing to silver, then gold, in my last Goodwood race.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2013, 02:38 AM
GT6 is definitely lacking compared to GT5, but it does have some good points.

I do like the Goodwood series. In my sig is me racing to silver, then gold, in my last Goodwood race.

Wait, GT5 is better?

Wild Cobra
12-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Wait, GT5 is better?
It depends on what you are looking for.

The driving responses of the cars in GT6 are superior, and more realistic.

No used car lot. Nearly all cars are available at the dealers.

Prize cars are far less. One for 50% of a group completed, one for all golds in a group.

If you wish to know more, go to a valuable Gran Turismo oriented site:

link: GT Planet: Gran Turismo 6 (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gran-turismo-6/)

resistanze
12-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Wait, GT5 is better?

In terms of features and completeness, yes. Of course, GT5 took several months of patching to get where it was, so maybe it's comparable to was GT5 was @ release date in 2010.

The PS3 entries for GT series were underwhelming compared to the releases for PSX (GT & GT2) and PS3 (GT3 & GT4). This is probably compounded by the fact the issues I mentioned above were more tolerable 10 years ago for GT3 than they are for GT6. The series is in a dire need of a revamp come PS4 - it's an excellent driving simulator, but not a great racing game.

Reck
12-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Sony made Polyphony rush GT6. They had to left out quite a few things out to make the release date.

Patches are coming to fix whatever issues GT6 is having.

I just think it will be too late. By the time they come out with all of those patches, there will be plenty of PS4 games to make you forget all about that game.

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2014, 12:03 AM
this game is tankn really fast, price dropping to under 40bucks now...

i wonder whats teh sales volume of this game now....

Wild Cobra
01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
this game is tankn really fast, price dropping to under 40bucks now...

i wonder whats teh sales volume of this game now....

The car dynamics are much better, tracks are great, but they took other challenging things away from the game. Count me among the disappointed.

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2014, 01:44 AM
The car dynamics are much better, tracks are great, but they took other challenging things away from the game. Count me among the disappointed.

so hows the latest forza5? did you buy that?

Wild Cobra
01-21-2014, 11:53 AM
so hows the latest forza5? did you buy that?
Why would I buy that of piece of shit, for a piece of shit X-Box that I don't have?

GT6 comes with 1,000 more cars than Forza, and Forza has you buy their car packs as they come out. GT6 will have downloads to pay for, but not as ruthless as Forza does. GT6 has so many more tracks the Forza, and this gets boring to play the same dozen or so tracks that Forza limits you to.

I'll stick with a great $130 steering wheel instead of having to pay $300+ for a good X-Box variety.

As for the graphics? Sure X-Box one is a much newer machine with more power. I'm sure GT7 for a PS4 will leap over it. I don't care, it's accuracy of car performance that appeals to me. I'm fine with the GT6 graphics, especially when it appears Forza sacrificed tracks and cars to get better graphics resolution.

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Wild Cobra

you play on the couch/seat, or do you have ur own car seat setup?

Wild Cobra
01-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Wild Cobra

you play on the couch/seat, or do you have ur own car seat setup?
I made my own setup using a Logitech wheel. Works great.