PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush To Ted Cruz: 'Show A Little Self-Restraint'

Koolaid_Man
10-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Real Republicans Hate This Circus Clown :lol

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Sunday that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and other tea party members of Congress need to "show a little self-restraint" with their political strategizing, arguing that the government shutdown has badly damaged Republican policymaking priorities.

"Have a little bit of self-restraint," Bush replied. "It might actually be a politically better approach to see the massive dysfunction, but we don't even hear about that because we've stepped on that message ... show a little self-restraint and let this happen a little more organically."

boutons_deux
10-20-2013, 07:05 PM
evangelical Repugs, Texas assholes, Cruzaders are on a mission from God. Their fucked up version of God don't show no restraint.

Trainwreck2100
10-20-2013, 08:04 PM
so hilarious that oreilly type republicans have become what amounts to moderates just by comparison to their cohorts

SnakeBoy
10-20-2013, 11:06 PM
The Bush family has single handedly destroyed the republican party so they really shouldn't be giving advice.

boutons_deux
10-21-2013, 03:55 AM
The Bush family has single handedly destroyed the republican party so they really shouldn't be giving advice.

please expand

They were perfectly filthy, disastrous-for-the-USA components of the Repug party. Pappy went to Iran to offer them a deal to keep the hostages as part of the Repug campaign against Carter and until VRWC's dream candidate was elected. Then, having dealt with Iranian revolutionaries, he was almost certainly involved in the selling arms to Iran (forbidden by Congress) to finance Nicaraguan Contras (forbidden by Congress). dubya was the perfect Useful Idiot with PNAC as the power behind the thrown. If the Repug party were destroyed (it's not), it certainly would not be due to the Shrubs.

Winehole23
10-21-2013, 08:44 AM
The Bush family has single handedly destroyed the republican party so they really shouldn't be giving advice.the folks who voted for GWB twice and looked the other way on deficit spending, two unbudgeted wars and Medicare Part D deserve some of that blame.

Nbadan
10-21-2013, 11:26 PM
the folks who voted for GWB twice and looked the other way on deficit spending, two unbudgeted wars and Medicare Part D deserve some of that blame.

Some...don't forget that the last few years of Dubya's presidency he increased the size of government so that the economy wouldn't be shrinking until he left office....almost made it too, but at what costs?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2013, 06:09 AM

I disagree with this notion. While I can see what you are saying about their policy and the nation, the machine they built for the GOP was remarkable.

They got Bush 2 elected twice after all.

James Baker, Karl Rove, etc built a tremendous coalition that combined the grass roots of the evangelicals with the huge financial backing of the CoC, banking cartels, and industrialists.

The issues with the GOP have more to do with SCOTUS ruling on Citizens United and GOP leadership on the state levels gerrymandering the shit out of districts. Both of which has served to erode central party authority. I am fine with that notion. What I don't like is what is filling the power vacuum, anonymous money.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM
I disagree with this notion. While I can see what you are saying about their policy and the nation, the machine they built for the GOP was remarkable.

They got Bush 2 elected twice after all.

I'm not saying anything about their policy. The fact is that both H.W. and W. fractured the republican party during their time in office. Much like Obama, W's reelection had more to do with the opposing party nominating a very unlikable candidate. Unlike Obama, Clinton, Reagan, the Bushes were unable to control the base despite enacting policies the base did not like.

The issues with the GOP have more to do with SCOTUS ruling on Citizens United and GOP leadership on the state levels gerrymandering the shit out of districts. Both of which has served to erode central party authority. I am fine with that notion. What I don't like is what is filling the power vacuum, anonymous money.

The vast majority of voters have no clue what those issues are. Elections aren't won on policy in this country.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM
the folks who voted for GWB twice and looked the other way on deficit spending, two unbudgeted wars and Medicare Part D deserve some of that blame.

Who should they have voted for?

Winehole23
10-22-2013, 02:44 PM
they shouldn't have looked the other way out of tribal loyalty when GWB was destroying the integrity of the tribe, is all.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2013, 02:54 PM
they shouldn't have looked the other way out of tribal loyalty when GWB was destroying the integrity of the tribe, is all.

I don't think they did. There was plenty of criticism of Bush from much of the base. At the end of the day though voters had a choice of Bush or Kerry.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm not saying anything about their policy. The fact is that both H.W. and W. fractured the republican party during their time in office. Much like Obama, W's reelection had more to do with the opposing party nominating a very unlikable candidate. Unlike Obama, Clinton, Reagan, the Bushes were unable to control the base despite enacting policies the base did not like.

The vast majority of voters have no clue what those issues are. Elections aren't won on policy in this country.

Couldn't control the base?

The base they put together stood firm to stymie a Dem controlled congress when Obama first took office. It's only been this last election cycle that the wheels hae begun to come off. Cruz, Gohert, et al are not a product of the Bush machine. I have no idea what you are talking about.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Couldn't control the base?

The base they put together stood firm to stymie a Dem controlled congress when Obama first took office. It's only been this last election cycle that the wheels hae begun to come off. Cruz, Gohert, et al are not a product of the Bush machine. I have no idea what you are talking about.

^ we are talking about what happened under Bush.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
^ we are talking about what happened under Bush.

I am talking about what happened. I have yet to see you mention anything that happened. Bush had his way in office from two free funded wars to the patriot act to the Medicare subscription nonsense to no child left behind to his two supply side tax bills.

There was no schism or dissension in the GOP from 2001-2008.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2013, 04:13 PM
I am talking about what happened. I have yet to see you mention anything that happened. Bush had his way in office from two free funded wars to the patriot act to the Medicare subscription nonsense to no child left behind to his two supply side tax bills.

Your talking about the GOP and I'm talking about the voters. Yes the GOP was unified and stood by Bush and the voters rewarded them by kicking them out of office in 2006. Anyway the point was the Bushes are hardly qualified to advise what is good for the GOP considering the results of their time in office.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Your talking about the GOP and I'm talking about the voters. Yes the GOP was unified and stood by Bush and the voters rewarded them by kicking them out of office in 2006. Anyway the point was the Bushes are hardly qualified to advise what is good for the GOP considering the results of their time in office.

The GOP losing to the Dems is not the same as the GOP forming two factions. The 'voters' in the general election are everyone.

SnakeBoy
10-22-2013, 04:24 PM

There was however a complete loss of the House and Senate. Which is worse losing power or having arguments over political tactics but retaining power?

Dissension in the minority party is nothing new.

The GOP losing to the Dems is not the same as the GOP forming two factions. The 'voters' in the general election are everyone.

It is the base that always decides midterm elections for either party.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2013, 04:32 PM
There was however a complete loss of the House and Senate. Which is worse losing power or having arguments over political tactics but retaining power?

Dissension in the minority party is nothing new.

It is the base that always decides midterm elections for either party.

You in no way consider the actions of the dem machine.

The GOP lost congress because of 6 years of systemic policy failure. The coalition they put together still stood strong but as I point out the electorate is what it is. The ruling party typically loses seats in the midterm it wsa just a perfect shit storm. The machine put the supermajority in power. Policy took it out.