PDA

View Full Version : ***Trent Richardson Watch***

Chief Brody
10-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Week 7: 14 car, 37 yds, 1 lost fumble

TheCultOfPersonality
10-21-2013, 08:35 AM
So basically just another day at the office for Trent Richardson.

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Unless he has a miraculous turnaround, one of the worst trades in NFL history IMO..

JoeTait75
10-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Curtis Enis Jr, tbh. From the Browns' standpoint the trade is only as good as the player the they get with Indy's 1st-round pick. But for the Colts it's a terrible deal all the way around. They could have signed Willis McGahee off the street and gotten similar production without giving up a 1st-round pick.

symple19
10-21-2013, 01:45 PM
:lol Alabama running backs

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Unless he has a miraculous turnaround, one of the worst trades in NFL history IMO..
one of the biggest over-exaggerations of ST history, IMO

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Nope..in a league that rarely sees in-season trades, a team that was willing to trade a 1st round pick for a shitty RB that hasn't shown any potential is one of the worst decisions in recent history, tbh..

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 02:39 PM
recent history =/= nfl history. goofing away 1 late first round pick isn't the end of the world, nor is it "one of the worst trades" in nfl history

Clipper Nation
10-21-2013, 02:44 PM
recent history =/= nfl history. goofing away 1 late first round pick isn't the end of the world, nor is it "one of the worst trades" in nfl history
You do realize how valuable draft picks are in the salary-cap era, right? To give up the ability to upgrade their defense with cheap young talent under team control in favor of adding a bust running back who arguably isn't even better than Donald Brown (who they already had) is atrocious asset management, tbh....

Chief Brody
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
You do realize how valuable draft picks are in the salary-cap era, right?
You're talking to a fan of a team that used said draft picks on Janikowksi, DHB, Jamarcus Russell, Robert Gallery, and a plethora of other embarrassing first round selections.

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 03:00 PM
You do realize how valuable draft picks are in the salary-cap era, right? To give up the ability to upgrade their defense with cheap young talent under team control in favor of adding a bust running back who arguably isn't even better than Donald Brown (who they already had) is atrocious asset management, tbh....
i'm aware. but one late first rounder isn't going to cripple a team. i'm not suggesting the colts made a good move. obviously terrible to trade for a rb, let alone a probable bust. but that doesn't make it one of the worst deals in league history :lol

You're talking to a fan of a team that used said draft picks on Janikowksi, DHB, Jamarcus Russell, Robert Gallery, and a plethora of other embarrassing first round selections.
irrelevant, yet sadly true

michael huff, darren mcfadden, philip buchanon, napoleon harris, rolando mcclain, tyler brayton not exactly studs either

Lincoln
10-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Which they would've made an offer for Morris tbh. Helu is back to 2011 version Helu.

I still love me some alf tho but if shanny can trade rape someone with him as the centerpiece then I'm all for it (Bailey plus picks for portis etc)

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Colts are known for giving up late 1st round picks for shitty running backs. Addai, Brown, and now Richardson. I haven't completely given up on him, but when Donald Fucking Brown is playing better than you, you must suck ass.

monosylab1k
10-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Randy Moss for a 4th rounder was pretty bad imho. The Herschel Walker trade is by far the worst still tho.

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Randy Moss for a 4th rounder was pretty bad imho. The Herschel Walker trade is by far the worst still tho.
Yep. The raiders had to dump moss, but they could have gotten more than a 4th easily. Plenty of trades in recent years are worse than the Trent trade. Carson Palmer for a first and second. Redskins giving 3 first rounders for griffin. The cardinals giving DRC and a 2nd for Kevin kolb + albatross contract.

Chief Brody
10-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Who did that 4th rounder end up netting them, tbh?

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2013, 05:43 PM
None of those trades are as bad, tbh, other than Carson Palmer..

Moss quit on the team, they had to trade him, his value was low at the time IIRC..a lot of teams were afraid of even giving up a 4th IIRC..

RGIII was a hot prospect and a potential game-changing QB that lived up to the hype in his 1st year, tbh..

Kolb sucks, but again, he's a QB, arguably the most important position in football, and he showed flashes..DRC isn't special and plays a position that is dependent on the front 7, not a game changed at all..

Trent Richardson showed absolutely no potential in his 1st full year, playing a position that is no longer a must-need for teams, behind a pretty good offensive-line(their new running game with old-ass McGahee is producing better:lol), yet netted a 1st rounder:lmao..

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
And I said "one of" the worst, not the worst:lol..spur raider is a square ass nigga, tbh..

Trading a 1st for a RB is a terrible idea in virtually all situations, especially when you've already seen that RB play a year in the NFL with limited flashes of talent..

monosylab1k
10-21-2013, 05:50 PM
The Herschel trade is still way worse. Minnesota got Herschel and one of the picks got them Jake Reed.

Dallas used all the picks Minny gave them to maneuver and get Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland, Dixon Edwards, and Alvin Harper - all significant players in the 90's Cowboys Super Bowl years.

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2013, 05:54 PM
:lol Vikings gonna Vike, tbh..

Lincoln
10-21-2013, 05:57 PM
And I said "one of" the worst, not the worst:lol..spur raider is a square ass nigga, tbh..

Trading a 1st for a RB is a terrible idea in virtually all situations, especially when you've already seen that RB play a year in the NFL with limited flashes of talent..
You're arguing with a guy that defended avante tbh :lol

HarlemHeat37
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
:lol I rarely respond to spur raider, tbh, that nigga quotes 95% of my posts..

Every time Harlem receives a notification, I know I'm going to get some vanilla ice cream, tbh..

Chief Brody
10-21-2013, 06:04 PM
:lol I rarely respond to spur raider, tbh, that nigga quotes 95% of my posts..

Every time Harlem receives a notification, I know I'm going to get some vanilla ice cream, tbh..
:lmao

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Raiders drafted a corner named john Bowie with that pick.

I never said said you claimed it was the worst trade ever. I'm disputing your claim that it was one of the worst trades ever just by citing a few shitty trades off the top of my head.

The cards are still feeling the ramifications of the kolb trade. It's not just the players involved, it's that they had to give him a huge contract as a side effect of a deal where they lost a solid player and a high pick.

Clipper Nation
10-21-2013, 06:22 PM
The Herschel trade is still way worse. Minnesota got Herschel and one of the picks got them Jake Reed.

Dallas used all the picks Minny gave them to maneuver and get Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Russell Maryland, Dixon Edwards, and Alvin Harper - all significant players in the 90's Cowboys Super Bowl years.
The only trade that comes close to the Herschel trade is the Ricky Williams trade, tbh....

:lol Saints
:lol Ditka
:lol Trading their 1999 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th and 2000 1st and 3rd round picks for three years of a drug-addled Ricky Williams
:lol The Redskins using two of those picks to draft Champ Bailey and LaVar Arrington
:lol Ricky Williams
:lol Hiring Master P as his agent
:lol Missing out on a ton of guaranteed money as a result

Lincoln
10-21-2013, 06:29 PM
The bailey for portis trade was pretty fucking horrible as well

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Big time move. Their first rounder is very valuable, but not top 5. Getting a guaranteed decent player, possible really good player that is already known when you have a stud QB > that pick IMO.

Wonder what CLE was doing. Maybe they have someone they are in love with? A QB?

:lmao Browns

Sucks that Dywane Allen was lost for the year, but Richardson is a fucking monster!

Love this trade. Colts haven't had a viable run game in a long fucking time. Only way this trade is bad for the Colts is if they lose a lot of games and go 4-12 or some shit. Actually this is pretty much a legit trade unless they finish in the top 5 of the draft.

Most people that commented thought the browns made a terrible trade outside a select few like Clipper Nation, DoK, and surprisingly enough, Avante. Let's not all play Monday morning qb here. It's a bad trade in short hindsight but it's a stretch to call it one of the worst ever, imo

JoeTait75
10-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Most people that commented thought the browns made a terrible trade outside a select few like Clipper Nation, DoK, and surprisingly enough, Avante. Let's not all play Monday morning qb here. It's a bad trade in short hindsight but it's a stretch to call it one of the worst ever, imo

I think at least some of the people that liked the trade from the Colts' side either a.) hadn't really seen T-Rich play since Alabama, b.) assumed the Browns were making a bad deal because they're the Browns or c.) both.

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
From the browns end, would you consider this one of the best trades in NFL history?

JoeTait75
10-21-2013, 06:49 PM
From the browns end, would you consider this one of the best trades in NFL history?

If they nail the draft pick I'd consider this one of the best trades in Browns history. Right up there with trading Mike Phipps to the Bears for a 1978 1st-rounder which they turned into Ozzie Newsome.

All-time? Again, depends on what the pick becomes. Better be an all-timer to beat the Herschel trade.

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 06:54 PM
I agree. I think it's early to jump the gun and go that far, but the browns did well to salvage the pick

DPG21920
10-21-2013, 06:58 PM
I just thought while Trent was below average/average in CLE, that going to a winning team with a stud QB would open things up if he had any talent at all. I appear to be wrong there as he is just not that talented.

spurraider21
10-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Wasn't trying to call anybody out tbh. Was part of a bigger point

Creepn
10-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Will Trent get more carries now that the other receivers are scared of busting out their knees from Luck's shitty passes?

TheCultOfPersonality
10-21-2013, 11:25 PM
I think at least some of the people that liked the trade from the Colts' side either a.) hadn't really seen T-Rich play since Alabama, b.) assumed the Browns were making a bad deal because they're the Browns or c.) both.
I assume alot of the sport commentators on TV have not watched Trent Richardson play considering that they were acting as though the Browns traded away Adrian Peterson and not a marginal player who has never been a difference maker. The funny thing is that Trent Richardson being traded was the only time that he has been relevant in the NFL.

vander
10-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I've been offered Richardson for Julius Thomas. don't know know whether to accept or not. I've got gronk at TE and Bernard/D Wilson/P Thomas/J Bell as my RBs

advice?