PDA

View Full Version : Know of a good dentist??

Tres_Till_it_MHz
07-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I havent been to the dentist in two years due to thinking my old dentist was a freakin quack, doing shit just to do it. I never had a pain in my mouth until after him.

Anyways I chipped a tooth and want to see a dentist before too long. Can any of yall recommend a good one besides Advanced Smile Care they do not take my insurance. Thanks

Solid D
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Maybe Jimcs could recommend a good one. Jim was just telling someone the other day that he does a thorough cavity search. :)

Tres_Till_it_MHz
07-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Anyone?

Jimcs50
07-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Dr Felipe (Phil) Morales

Shelly
07-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Dr Felipe (Phil) Morales

I know the possibility of more than one Morales in town, but does his wife's name begin with a 'G'? His son was in my oldest's grade and had the same teacher several times throughout elementary school.

I go to John Covert and have for the past 7 years.

Jimcs50
07-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Gloria...yes.

Shelly
07-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Jimbo, clean out your private messages! :)

Tres_Till_it_MHz
07-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Cool, I will give them a call.

I did find a nifty website with Dentist reviews. If your curious about your dentist check it out. Here is the link (http://san-antonio.doctoroogle.com/)

I don't know what it is about a dentist that freaks me out, or why I would compare them with a used car salesman which leads my cautious approach to finding a new one.

I guess I'm spooked becuase of my last experience and a special aired on one of the news stations. The "undercover" investigation showed one individual get five diffrent recommendations by five diffrent local dentists with only one of them being the corrrect decision. In most cases the dentist was trying to milk the patient for more work than neccessary. Im not sure which station it was on, but damn that really sucks.

Jimcs50
07-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Jimbo, clean out your private messages! :)

Ok baby, I cleaned them out. Sorry.

:)

Jimcs50
07-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Cool, I will give them a call.

I did find a nifty website with Dentist reviews. If your curious about your dentist check it out. Here is the link (http://san-antonio.doctoroogle.com/)

I don't know what it is about a dentist that freaks me out, or why I would compare them with a used car salesman which leads my cautious approach to finding a new one.

I guess I'm spooked becuase of my last experience and a special aired on one of the news stations. The "undercover" investigation showed one individual get five diffrent recommendations by five diffrent local dentists with only one of them being the corrrect decision. In most cases the dentist was trying to milk the patient for more work than neccessary. Im not sure which station it was on, but damn that really sucks.

Damn, my friend got a bad response. I hope that is just a one time deal.

Try Dr Dennis Miller, I went to him when I was in highschool and he was great.

DrRich
07-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Schwooooo!!! No bad reviews for me!!!

Jimcs50
07-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Schwooooo!!! No bad reviews for me!!!

:smokin

DrRich
07-25-2005, 01:37 PM
That's a pretty interesting site. The problem is that patients hardly ever tell us when the have a bad experience, so there is little we can do to fix the probelm.

Jimcs50
07-25-2005, 01:50 PM
That's a pretty interesting site. The problem is that patients hardly ever tell us when the have a bad experience, so there is little we can do to fix the probelm.

They will tell you if they have a problem with your staff, but if they do not like you personally, they might be reluctant.

I have a survey form at the checkput counter and they fill it out and drop it in a locked box and they do not have to leave their name, so the responses are honest.

Fortunately, they are 99.9% positive, so I know that I and my staff are doing great.

:)

Shelly
07-25-2005, 02:02 PM
My dentist wasn't on the list, so that's good :) He and his staff are so nice. And even though I only see him when he checks the hygienists work, he always takes the time to listen and talk to me for a few minutes.

Duff McCartney
07-25-2005, 02:03 PM
I haven't been to a dentist in like 8 years.

Big Pimp_21
07-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Post Deleted