PDA

View Full Version : Your Top 5 MVP Candidates so far?

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Most people complain that this has often been a QB-biased list, but fact of the matter is it's a QB-driven league an it's hard to find too many others worthy, but there are exceptions:

1. Peyton Manning - historic start, obvious leader right now.
2. Andrew Luck - dragon slayer, tbh...not even 25 starts under his belt and he's already feared.
3. Drew Brees - Leading the resurgent Saints back atop the NFC.
4. Philip Rivers - Definitely most improved player in the NFL, looks like he's back in 2006-2010 form.
5. Marshawn Lynch - 2nd leading rusher in the game and leading a team to 6-1 despite facing constant 8-man fronts.

HM: Aaron Rodgers - He'll undoubtedly climb the list as the year goes on.

DPOY: Kiko Alonso. Admittedly a complete homer pick, but he's tied for the league lead in INTs (all game-changing, clutch ones, tbh), and 4 off the lead in tackles. He's a monster.

HI-FI
10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
pretty good list but I'd put Brees ahead of Luck. then again i'm probably one of the few people on here not on the Luck bandwagon.

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Matthew Stafford deserves an Honorable Mention too...2100+ yds, 15 TDs, only 4 picks...pretty swole tbh

Clipper Nation
10-22-2013, 06:44 PM
pretty good list but I'd put Brees ahead of Luck. then again i'm probably one of the few people on here not on the Luck bandwagon.

I'm not a Luck hater, but I'm with you - way too early to put him ahead of Brees, tbh....

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 06:44 PM

One is 5-2 and the other is 5-1...but Luck has 3 of the most impressive wins of the year tbh, and played a prominent, non-RW role in those wins tbh

spurraider21
10-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I agree with HiFi, solid list but Brees should be bumped. Also, Jamal Charles needs to be above Marshawn Lynch. If you think Lynch is putting the Seahawks on his back, you should watch the Chefs play once in a while :lol

Spur-Addict
10-22-2013, 06:45 PM

This.

And, even though it pains me to say this, I think Brady deserves more credit for holding his team together despite not having the weaponry to put up world beater numbers.

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 06:51 PM
I agree with HiFi, solid list but Brees should be bumped. Also, Jamal Charles needs to be above Marshawn Lynch. If you think Lynch is putting the Seahawks on his back, you should watch the Chefs play once in a while :lol

Lynch has the same avg. per carry, same amount of rushing tds, less fumbles, and more yards. Did you just blindly assume Charles' #'s were much better than Lynch's?:lol

Those teams are splitting images of each other. Run-reliant, great defense, and game-managing QBs

Spur-Addict
10-22-2013, 06:52 PM

Pretty much :lol

His all purpose numbers are top notch at the moment. Pretty much identical with Lynch on the ground, but 160 more yards receiving and 1 more touchdown total. Not to mention his team is undefeated.

It's just subtle Seahawk trolling tbh...

HI-FI
10-22-2013, 06:53 PM
One is 5-2 and the other is 5-1...but Luck has 3 of the most impressive wins of the year tbh, and played a prominent, non-RW role in those wins tbh

:lol
your digs at RW are good I must admit.

it's a small thing to argue over Luck, I realize he's good, but I still ain't sold on him being Peyton 2.0. But we'll see how this season or the future unfolds. I will enjoy reading the RW vs Luck wars.

btw, if there is an Elite Game Manager Award, by nigga Alex Smith should win that 3 years in a row.

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Pretty much :lol

His all purpose numbers are top notch at the moment. Pretty much identical with Lynch on the ground, but 160 more yards receiving and 1 more touchdown total. Not to mention his team is undefeated.

It's just subtle Seahawk trolling tbh...

The lengths you'll go to shit on your star player:lol

Spur-Addict
10-22-2013, 07:02 PM
The lengths you'll go to shit on your star player:lol

Not shitting, just making an unbiased statement. Is anything that I said false? :lol

I am beyond thrilled that we have Marshawn. Absolute beast, a top NFL back, no doubt there tbh.

Pelicans78
10-22-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't think Brees has been that great this season. He was great against the Dolphins and Bears, good against the Cards, but average the other games.

leemajors
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Lynch has the same avg. per carry, same amount of rushing tds, less fumbles, and more yards. Did you just blindly assume Charles' #'s were much better than Lynch's?:lol

Those teams are splitting images of each other. Run-reliant, great defense, and game-managing QBs

http://i.minus.com/iQfNMoQ0JZGz9.gif

spurraider21
10-22-2013, 08:34 PM

its funny because Jamaal Charles leads the Chiefs in receptions :lol

Donnie Avery leads them with 343 receiving yards and Charles is right there with 337

Charles is everything in the Chiefs offense

Creepn
10-22-2013, 09:52 PM
2. Andrew Luck - dragon slayer, tbh...not even 25 starts under his belt and he's already feared.

Lol +1 on that. Plus1 on that! Poor Reggie :cry.

spurraider21
10-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Creepn has gone full retard

in before i'm a racist

Trill Clinton
10-22-2013, 09:55 PM
peyton
brees
graham
charles
luck

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Lol +1 on that. Plus1 on that! Poor Reggie :cry.

Do you think the Colts will miss the playoffs because of it? Go on the record right now.

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Creepn has gone full retard

in before i'm a racist
too late, racist

Chief Brody
10-22-2013, 09:59 PM
peyton
brees
graham
charles
luck

Graham is not a bad selection tbh, but his goose egg against NE holds him back...killed my fantasy team that weak:lol

Trill Clinton
10-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Graham is not a bad selection tbh, but his goose egg against NE holds him back...killed my fantasy team that weak:lol

word. the texas boy talib shut him down but i still managed to win in spite of his goose egg. but he was putting up monster numbers prior to that game and him getting hurt.

HarlemHeat37
10-22-2013, 11:13 PM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Philip Rivers
3. Andrew Luck
4. Matt Stafford
5. Drew Brees + Jimmy Graham
HM: Jamaal Charles, Aaron Rodgers

DPOY

1. JJ Watt
2. Jason Hatcher
3. Lavonte David
4. Robert Quinn
5. Justin Houston/Eric Berry
HM: Jordan, Mathis, Suh

Best Rookie

1. Star Lotuleili
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Giovani Bernard
HM: Kiko Alonzo, Eddy Lacy

Coach

1. Andy Reid
HM: Pete Carroll, Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh

Best Game Manager

1. Russell Wilson
2. Alex Smith
HM: Jake Locker, Andy Dalton

Least Valuable Player

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Brandon Weeden
3. Josh Freeman
4. Carson Palmer
5. Trent Richardson

Ugliest Player in the League

1. RGIII
HM: Terrell Suggs, Marshawn Lynch

Worst Bettor in the NFL Forum

1. Avante
HM: Mason

spurraider21
10-22-2013, 11:39 PM
:lmao worst bettor award

also props for getting head out your ass and putting charles over lynch

Clipper Nation
10-22-2013, 11:47 PM
MVP
1. Peyton
2. Brees
3. Luck
4. The Philbilly
5. Charles

Coach of the Year
1. Reid
2. McCoy (depending on if the Chargers keep winning after the bye)
3. Carroll

Coaches Most Likely to Be Fired
1. Schiano
2. Kubiak
3. Munchak
HM: Fox, if Denver chokes in the playoffs again

DPOY: Watt

Biggest Stat-Padder: Cum Newton

LVP:
1. Josh Freeman and Blaine Gabbert (tied)
3. Scha:lolb

Worst Takes: Avante

Worst Threads: Avante

Worst at Betting: Avante

Worst Excuses for His Horrible Record ATS: Avante still throwing his son under the bus a year later

Biggest Disappearance After a Shitful Betting Week: Avante

Biggest Faggot in the NFL Forum: Avante

BRHornet45
10-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Coach

1. Andy Reid
HM: Pete Carroll, Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh

see son this is where you went wrong....

http://media.nola.com/saints_impact/photo/11358141-large.jpg

Robz4000
10-23-2013, 03:09 AM
1. Peyton
2. Philbilly
3. Lynch
4. Luck
5. Brees
HM: Vernon Davis, Aaron Rodgers, Frank Gore

DPOY
1. JJ Watt
2a. That CB from the Seahawks, can't remember his name
2b. Kiko Alonso
4. Lavonte David

COTY
1. Reid
2. McCoy
3. Harbaugh
4. Carroll
5. Payton

ROTY
1. Sheldon Richardson
2. Kiko Alonzo
3. Keenan Allen (big part of the reason Rivers is having an MVP-level season IMO)
4. Eric Reid (one of the few bright spots of an otherwise disappointing 49er defense this year)
5. D.J. Fluker (need one of the Charger linemen up here)

LVP:

Holy fuck where do I start...

In no particular order:
Cum Newton
Josh Freeman
Carson Palmer
Brandon Weeden
basically everyone on the Baguars
Mark Sanchez for the hell of it
chez

Girasuck
10-23-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't think Brees has been that great this season. He was great against the Dolphins and Bears, good against the Cards, but average the other games.

I agree with you. Brees has been good, but I'd give more credit to the Saints defense for the turnaround than what Brees has been doing. I don't think I'd put him in the top 5 MVP candidates right now.

1 Peyton
2 Luck
3 Lynch
4 Charles
5 Rodgers

spurraider21
10-23-2013, 12:03 PM
I agree with you. Brees has been good, but I'd give more credit to the Saints defense for the turnaround than what Brees has been doing. I don't think I'd put him in the top 5 MVP candidates right now.

1 Peyton
2 Luck
3 Lynch
4 Charles
5 Rodgers
so you credit the saints success to their D but you have Marshawyn Lynch as an mvp candidate?

Raven
10-23-2013, 12:04 PM
not sure why Watt would be the DPOY so far, imho it shpuld be Talib's and it's not even close.. Don't get me wrong, i expect Watt to win it and deservedly so, but so far he has not imho been the best defender.

HarlemHeat37
10-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Watt has actually been dominant according to every scout/metric, tbh..also, according to all the analysis I've read, he's being double teamed more than any player in the league, yet still producing..

Talib has been great, but corners generally have less impact than front 7 players, and I'm not even sure Talib has been better than Verner and Sherman, tbh..

J.T.
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Luck has had some incredible wins this year. Would like to see them dominate some of the lesser opponents coming up on their schedule consistently. They do seem to play down to their competition, but even if they are they're virtually a lock to win the division even with the Wayne injury. I'll say this about Luck...if the Colts don't struggle replacing Wayne's production, Luck should get a ton of bonus points in the MVP vote for that. I think we're about to see just how good Luck really is. Lotta people last year used Reggie Wayne as a reason to prop up RG3 over Luck, saying RG3 didn't have a player as good as Wayne to throw to. Well now neither does Luck. Let's see what happens.

Pelicans78
10-23-2013, 05:19 PM
so you credit the saints success to their D but you have Marshawyn Lynch as an mvp candidate?

To be fair, the Seahawks offense has been much better than the Seahawks defense this season. That's not the case with the Saints.

spurraider21
10-23-2013, 05:31 PM
To be fair, the Seahawks offense has been much better than the Seahawks defense this season. That's not the case with the Saints.
never said that, tbh. don't see how a running back can be an mvp candidate on a team with solid qb play and an elite defense

Chief Brody
11-05-2013, 02:16 AM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Andrew Luck
3. Matthew Stafford
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Jimmy Graham

HM: Lynch, Charles, Brady, Rodgers, Brees

Flintstones32
11-05-2013, 02:24 AM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Andrew Luck
3. Matthew Stafford
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Jimmy Graham

HM: Lynch, Charles, Brady, Rodgers, Brees

Was just about to post asking where the Megatron love is at. I might actually put him 3 above Stafford because of the Green Bay game. Stafford was lost that day without him. I love Stafford and he still has not hit his prime, only 25, but Megatron is on another planet (cybertron). lol

Chief Brody
11-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Was just about to post asking where the Megatron love is at. I might actually put him 3 above Stafford because of the Green Bay game. Stafford was lost that day without him. I love Stafford and he still has not hit his prime, only 25, but Megatron is on another planet (cybertron). lol

I actually edited it last second and flip-flopped those 2. Could go either way. Megatron simply isn't fair on a football field, but Stafford's GW-drive against Dallas gives him the nod imo. Perfect passes to Durham and CJ, followed by faking both teams out and sneaking for the win. Throw in 488 yards and he's killing it this year. Either way, no issue at all if someone else ranks CJ higher.

If we started a team from scratch and all players were available for the draft I would take Megatron #2, behind only Luck.

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2013, 10:59 AM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Matthew Stafford
4. Andrew Luck
5. Marshawn Lynch

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2013, 11:11 AM
HM to Brees and Brady--they'll be on the list next week if they continue to build on their performances…too inconsistent as of yet though. You could also give it to Rodgers--the Packers look like a 1AA team w/o him.

Darth_Pelican
11-11-2013, 11:14 AM
HM to Brees and Brady--they'll be on the list next week if they continue to build on their performances…too inconsistent as of yet though

I think Brees moved back into the top 5 after last night. He is 2nd in the NFL is passing yards, TDs, and passer rating (behind Manning in all). He has Stafford beat in every statistical category, including wins. I think Luck took a shot with that loss yesterday.

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I think Brees moved back into the top 5 after last night. He is 2nd in the NFL is passing yards, TDs, and passer rating (behind Manning in all). He has Stafford beat in every statistical category, including wins. I think Luck took a shot with that loss yesterday.

No beef with someone switching Brees for Stafford. #1 is pretty much a lock and Calvin is so goddamn good and game-changing that he deserves #2 at this point imo.

resistanze
11-11-2013, 11:17 AM
You could also give it to Rodgers--the Packers look like a 1AA team w/o him.

You mean that fucking system QB? :lol

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2013, 11:18 AM
You mean that fucking system QB? :lol

:lolNot one of his better takes, that's for sure

DeadlyDynasty
11-19-2013, 06:29 PM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Drew Brees
4. Andrew Luck
5. Marshawn Lynch

HM: Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tom Brady, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy

Emily Rose
11-19-2013, 09:25 PM
:rolleyes
Why is Big Ben left off your list, DeadlyDynasty? Go ahead and disrespect him and the Steelers. We will see who is laughing when the Steelers are the last team standing in February.

dirkdirkastan
11-19-2013, 09:30 PM
:rolleyes
Why is Big Ben left off your list, DeadlyDynasty? Go ahead and disrespect him and the Steelers. We will see who is laughing when the Steelers are the last team standing in February.

I think he's trolling. He left EJ Manuel off that list too. It's like he didn't even watch the Bills game.

The Gemini Method
11-20-2013, 11:20 AM
1.)Peyton Manning - Just unbelievable a season. 2.)LeSean McCoy - Shady has been doing the Lord's work in Cheesesteakville. 3.)Drew Brees - Breezus has been tougher than nails. 4.)Calvin Johnson - Megatron is the only thing worth noticing out of Motown. 5.)Marshawn Lynch - Beastmode devouring folks like skittles .

spurraider21
11-20-2013, 11:30 AM
:lol LeSean McCoy is NOT getting more MVP votes than Brees

Clipper Nation
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
1. Peyton Manning - big stats in the regular season per par
2. Calvin Johnson - Megatron is a beast
3. Drew Brees - great season being overshadowed by Peyton
4. LeSean McCoy - NFL's leading rusher
5. Luke Kuechly - complete bullshit that defensive players never even get considered

The Gemini Method
11-20-2013, 12:02 PM
:lol LeSean McCoy is NOT getting more MVP votes than Brees What does the title of this thread say? This ain't the official MVP ballot.

Fabbs
11-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Manning
Manning
Manning
Luck
JJ Watt

spurraider21
11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
What does the title of this thread say? This ain't the official MVP ballot.
thats fine. i was just giving my opinion as well

The Gemini Method
11-20-2013, 02:04 PM
thats fine. i was just giving my opinion as well

I surmise that with the emoticon being utilized and all.

spurraider21
11-20-2013, 02:09 PM
I surmise that with the emoticon being utilized and all.
my opinion was that the notion of mccoy getting more mvp votes than brees is laughable. dont' take it personally, a few people had him on their list, i wasn't singling you out

The Gemini Method
11-20-2013, 02:49 PM
my opinion was that the notion of mccoy getting more mvp votes than brees is laughable. dont' take it personally, a few people had him on their list, i wasn't singling you out I'm not taking it personal. It's all good.