PDA

View Full Version : minature random thoughts from the Orlando game

BeakersBro
10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Went to game using Spur's U $40 ticket to get close to the floor. Hadn't been to a game in a while and wife is out of the country, so did the solo ticket thing. Since it wasn't a popular game, got close to floor.

Being near floor level provides a different perspective than my usual nosebleeds or suites.. Some random notes.

Guards don't miss shots in warmups. Bonner was out shooting with Chip early. Didn't miss.

Kawhi's arms are really, really long.

He could average 30 pts a game if Spur's wanted to go to unbalanced scoring. I expect to see lower averages from the old big three since the Spur's have more scorers now and they should have reduced minutes in blowouts.

Continuity matters. Having the same core makes it a lot easier to fit in new pieces, both on offense and defense. Spur's looked ready for the playoffs.

Spurs offense has movement. Orlando was PnR and stand around and pray. Spur's ran on Orlando, Orlando didn't run on Spurs.

Timmy looked.... disinterested. Manu looked.... angry.

The Spur's could have scored 140. Pop took off the gas to keep it close for Jacque. The three point guard lineup was there to allow Orlando to score and get some practice in.

Mill's towel waving days may be over. The defense hustle play to steal the inbounds pass should cement some playing time. His defense looked better. He looks so physically different that I kept doing double takes.

Bellinelli looked right at home. Baynes is so big he doesn't look tall. Still not sure if CoJo is going to be an NBA player - should have stayed in school longer. Diaw is back to not wanting to shoot.

I forget how physical the NBA is - most fouls that could be called aren't, particularly with the bigs. Tim has active elbows.

Boomersgold
10-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Mill's towel waving days may be over. The defense hustle play to steal the inbounds pass should cement some playing time. His defense looked better. He looks so physically different that I kept doing double takes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlftloUcizE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9C4AgBRI2E

look_at_g_shred
10-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Went to game using Spur's U $40 ticket to get close to the floor. Hadn't been to a game in a while and wife is out of the country, so did the solo ticket thing. Since it wasn't a popular game, got close to floor.

Being near floor level provides a different perspective than my usual nosebleeds or suites.. Some random notes.

Guards don't miss shots in warmups. Bonner was out shooting with Chip early. Didn't miss.

Kawhi's arms are really, really long.

He could average 30 pts a game if Spur's wanted to go to unbalanced scoring. I expect to see lower averages from the old big three since the Spur's have more scorers now and they should have reduced minutes in blowouts.

Continuity matters. Having the same core makes it a lot easier to fit in new pieces, both on offense and defense. Spur's looked ready for the playoffs.

Spurs offense has movement. Orlando was PnR and stand around and pray. Spur's ran on Orlando, Orlando didn't run on Spurs.

Timmy looked.... disinterested. Manu looked.... angry.

The Spur's could have scored 140. Pop took off the gas to keep it close for Jacque. The three point guard lineup was there to allow Orlando to score and get some practice in.

Bellinelli looked right at home. Baynes is so big he doesn't look tall. Still not sure if CoJo is going to be an NBA player - should have stayed in school longer. Diaw is back to not wanting to shoot.

I forget how physical the NBA is - most fouls that could be called aren't, particularly with the bigs. Tim has active elbows.
How does that Spurs U work? Can you just buy one ticket? Or can you use it for your spouse as well? Thanks.

BeakersBro
10-23-2013, 10:31 AM
How does that Spurs U work? Can you just buy one ticket? Or can you use it for your spouse as well? Thanks.

You need a college student id and can buy 2 tickets.

$40 for lower level, $5 for upper.

Have to buy at NE box office, which opens at 5. Doors open at 6:30, you you can be waiting around a while.

If you are solo, have a better chance to get a good seat than trying to get two together. Better sets left over for the less popular games.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/spursu.html

Darius Bieber
10-23-2013, 11:29 AM
$40? What the fuck. Used to be $30. Got to see a few games when I was back home from studying at Iowa State.

look_at_g_shred
10-23-2013, 11:30 AM
You need a college student id and can buy 2 tickets.

$40 for lower level, $5 for upper.

Have to buy at NE box office, which opens at 5. Doors open at 6:30, you you can be waiting around a while.

If you are solo, have a better chance to get a good seat than trying to get two together. Better sets left over for the less popular games.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/spursu.html
Thanks.