PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have as backup PG?

benstanfield
10-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Pretty straight forward boys, just seeing who you guys thought has won the preseason battle?

apalisoc_9
10-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Preseason is Preseason.

Keep Cojo as the bakcup PG but if he play like shit the first quarter of the RS then perphas consider Mills.

td4mvp2k
10-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Preseason is Preseason.Keep Cojo as the bakcup PG but if he play like shit the first quarter of the RS then perphas consider Mills.allen iverson

gee
10-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Play Mills as "PG" with Ginobili and Belinelli on the floor, they can split the PG duties between them.

Cojo and Nando have been playing like dead weight so far in the preseason, very similar to their playing style of 'dead weight' in last years regular season.

Ginobili would always just end up taking over PG anyway and now he can get help from Beli, might as well have a shooter on the floor in Mills rather than a non-shooter PG-but-not-PG.

Holden_Caulfield
10-24-2013, 08:55 PM
can it be honey glazed peanut butter if not cojo

xmas1997
10-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I like what I'm seeing from Mills.

ivanfromwestwood
10-24-2013, 09:12 PM
mills

Horry For 3!
10-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Patty Mills has killed it this pre-season.

Hoops Czar
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Mills at least deserves a shot at the Backup PG position. CoJo and NDC have been underwhelming to say the least.

rastaspur
10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Mills. He is a pesky defender. Energy level and core strength are improved. Weight is down. If given the chance, he is hungry and poised to take it. Less of a defensive liability this yeaar. Plus baynes should get a bump up to the second unit and they play well together and have familiarity and chemistry.

Flawless
10-24-2013, 09:39 PM
At least the jar of peanut butter won't turn the ball over as much..

benfti
10-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Mills. He is a pesky defender. Energy level and core strength are improved. Weight is down. If given the chance, he is hungry and poised to take it. Less of a defensive liability this yeaar. Plus baynes should get a bump up to the second unit and they play well together and have familiarity and chemistry.
Spot on

HI-FI
10-24-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm sure there will be lots of minutes for all this year, since I bet Pop will really watch Parker's minutes. But in terms of backup PG, it should be Mills, he looks the hungriest and most improved.

BillMc
10-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Mills.

hooperflash
10-24-2013, 10:37 PM
T.J. Ford

barakz21
10-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I WANT it to be cojo, but he hasn't impressed thus far. If he keeps this up, it's gotta go to Mills..

timtonymanu
10-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Mills is the most deserving. But I think Pop will stick with Cory a little longer. I get the feeling one of them is going to be part of a trade in February, tbh.

Sean Cagney
10-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Switch the last option WITH BEER and I would go for that..... We will need it when we get this crap later in the year from our backup PG's.
Mills is the most deserving. But I think Pop will stick with Cory a little longer. I get the feeling one of them is going to be part of a trade in February, tbh.Mills is a SG in a PG body.

DesignatedT
10-24-2013, 11:39 PM
I don't mind CoJo and Mills splitting time for the first half of the season. Bringing De Colo into the race doesn't do anyone any good though.

objective
10-24-2013, 11:44 PM
they are all ultimately no good. Better off giving a guaranteed min deal to anyone playing in Europe at midseason and cutting anyone who stands in the way. Houston picking up Beverly that way was incredible. Beverly's defense alone maake him about 3 times better than Corey Joseph will ever be.

DapDaGenius
10-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Mills. I just them to let him be back up PG so he can be comfortable and consistent. I would hate to see him, Cojo and Nando constantly replacing one another as back PG and then none of them really build up any consistency. Isn't that somewhat what happened last year?

TJastal
10-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Play Mills as "PG" with Ginobili and Belinelli on the floor, they can split the PG duties between them.

Cojo and Nando have been playing like dead weight so far in the preseason, very similar to their playing style of 'dead weight' in last years regular season.

Ginobili would always just end up taking over PG anyway and now he can get help from Beli, might as well have a shooter on the floor in Mills rather than a non-shooter PG-but-not-PG.

But why do that when its so much funner to watch 3-4 guys each taking a turn running backup point. Cohesion is such a downer.

TJastal
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM
I don't mind CoJo and Mills splitting time for the first half of the season. Bringing De Colo into the race doesn't do anyone any good though.

Why only half the season? In order to achieve maximum inconsistency in the rotation the process must be carried all the way through to the end.

DesignatedT
10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Why only half the season? In order to achieve maximum inconsistency in the rotation the process must be carried all the way through to the end.

The Spurs would have been long blown up and never of had a chance to get back to the finals at this point in their careers if it weren't for Pop. Think Boston Celtics. He isn't perfect but he's still the best. Your shtick is getting old.

PlayNando
10-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Nando De Colo.

Anyone who says anyone else is a fanboy or an idiot who should be banished from watching competitive basketball games.

monkeypunk
10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Nando De Colo.

Anyone who says anyone else is a fanboy or an idiot who should be banished from watching competitive basketball games.

I know you're a troll and all but even trolls can't deny that Decolo got his chances in preseason and didn't do shit with it. Even his one actual ability never saw the light of day. 2-3 turnovers for every assist will get you nowhere fast.

playblair>playnando all day, every day, :lol

SpurCharger
10-25-2013, 01:45 PM
1) Patty Mills
2) Cory Joseph
3) Manu Ginobili
4) Marco Bellinelli
5) Someone In The D League.....

De Colo Is Trash, He hardly gets minutes on the French national team as A backup

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Develop Kabongo in the D league and don't give the rest of the league a chance at him. Plus get rid of JHoward as soon as possible.

PlayNando
10-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I know you're a troll and all but even trolls can't deny that Decolo got his chances in preseason and didn't do shit with it. Even his one actual ability never saw the light of day. 2-3 turnovers for every assist will get you nowhere fast.

playblair>playnando all day, every day, :lol
:lol

Cojo has been garbage this preseason. He's a small player that has no future.

Nando = size. Nando = potential to be an All-Star.

Nando has a higher ceiling than Cojo or Patty.

monkeypunk
10-25-2013, 03:19 PM

Cojo has been garbage this preseason. He's a small player that has no future.

Nando = size. Nando = potential to be an All-Star.

Nando has a higher ceiling than Cojo or Patty.

I didn't say anything about Cojo but he did play better than Decolo all preseason which tells you how bad Decolo was.

Decolo has a higher ceiling but if he cant put it together and keeps turning the ball over every other possession, he's in street clothes and out at the end of the year if not traded first.

Mills is the only one of the three actually showing something this year, fwiw.

ohmwrecker
10-25-2013, 03:28 PM
CJ is not doesn't look like he can take the next step at this point. NDC is really just awful. No idea what the Spurs see in him. It's backup PG by committee again.

Bruno
10-25-2013, 07:36 PM
I will still give the backup PG job to CJ but I will put him on a short leash and if he sucks, Mills should get a shot at that spot. Spurs shouldn't reproduce last season mistake where they didn't settle for a backup PG the whole year but they aren't in a rush to get their definite backup PG. We will see if after 2-3 weeks of regular season, CJ still deserves to be in the rotation.

Spurs also must decide whether or not to pick up CJ 14/15 option before the end of the month.

spurraider21
10-25-2013, 08:57 PM
this. diaw can contribute as well

Two10Whitey
10-25-2013, 09:06 PM
CJ is not doesn't look like he can take the next step at this point. NDC is really just awful. No idea what the Spurs see in him. It's backup PG by committee again.
Nando was decent when he started here and showed potential. He's just discouraged and mad that his minutes got cut short last year.

PlayNando
10-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Nando was decent when he started here and showed potential. He's just discouraged and mad that his minutes got cut short last year.
Nando would have been great if it weren't for Pop's anti-French nationalism. He is drowning this team in his prejudice with his harsh treatment of Tony, Boris, and Nando. Don't forget how he abused Mahinmi, too! :(

rastaspur
10-25-2013, 09:15 PM

If this is the case then nando needs to quit sulking like a pussy. Morgan freeman needs to put on a union uniform and come give nando a reenactment of the "ante up and kick in like men " speech. From glory. Euro pussy

Two10Whitey
10-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Nando would have been great if it weren't for Pop's anti-French nationalism. He is drowning this team in his prejudice with his harsh treatment of Tony, Boris, and Nando. Don't forget how he abused Mahinmi, too! :(

rastaspur
10-25-2013, 09:53 PM

Lol

Nando=euro pussy.

Pop doesnt hate frenchman. Just french pussies

PlayNando
10-26-2013, 01:02 AM
It's so sad that you Popsuckers are blind and can't see the truth. Pop hates the French. It's obvious to anyone with a brain. I've known it since Tony came over and was abused in 2001 when he was just a child.

RD2191
10-26-2013, 01:04 AM
It's so sad that you Popsuckers are blind and can't see the truth. Pop hates the French. It's obvious to anyone with a brain. I've known it since Tony came over and was abused in 2001 when he was just a child.
:lmao

Sean Cagney
10-26-2013, 01:16 AM

Tony became a finals MVP and a very good player in the end though, Nando just sucks........

rastaspur
10-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Haha. At least you are consistent with your absurd belief that nando is good. You huff gas or pain thinner. Just admit it. It will explain alot.

Nero5
10-26-2013, 07:02 PM

You know after reading your posts I'm starting to hate some french too...

PlayNando
10-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Tony became a finals MVP and a very good player in the end though, Nando just sucks........
WTF does that have to do with Pop's abusive behavior upon Frenchmen?

PlayNando
10-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Haha. At least you are consistent with your absurd belief that nando is good. You huff gas or pain thinner. Just admit it. It will explain alot.
Make me, you hater. You'd never.

PlayNando
10-26-2013, 08:03 PM
You know after reading your posts I'm starting to hate some french too...
Well, then, you are a gringo, so I don't GAF.

bklynspursfan
10-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Patty

mute
10-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Or... we could have just drafted Erick Green... combo guard....

Why the hell are we stocking on international prospect when this could be Duncan's last year?

rastaspur
10-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Make me, you hater. You'd never.

Nando = euro pussy

Playnando= groupie of a europussy

Go deepthroat an eclaire and hopefully you choke on it and you disappear from this forum.

TJastal
10-27-2013, 06:29 AM
The Spurs would have been long blown up and never of had a chance to get back to the finals at this point in their careers if it weren't for Pop. Think Boston Celtics. He isn't perfect but he's still the best. Your shtick is getting old.

I'll give Pop his props when he's earned them. Getting the spurs to the finals was an accomplishment, I'll give him that. But I honestly can't be happy with that knowing last year's team very likely would have done better if the backup point guard situation had been addressed earlier in the year. The team literally came a hair's length away from defeating the heat, and quite honestly should have won in 6 quite handily. The culprit IMO was the backup unit which was a complete and utter disaster all year long, and the reason was obvious: Pop's insufferable tinkering. Pop had 3-4 guys randomly getting minutes all year long at the backup point guard position and then when push came to shove in the playoffs he chose Gary Neal to run the position. I think the guy who this had the most detrimental effect on was Ginobili. His inconsistency and poor showing in the playoffs was directly attributed to this obsession. If Pop just chosen one midway through the year and just stuck with the decision I believe the second unit would have come together a lot quicker.

TJastal
10-27-2013, 06:38 AM
So why isn't Mills' name on this poll? I think he deserves to be there based on the positive results he's achieved so far. I'd also be curious to know how many would vote for him.

Boomersgold
10-27-2013, 06:43 AM
So why isn't Mills' name on this poll? I think he deserves to be there based on the positive results he's achieved so far. I'd also be curious to know how many would vote for him.

The thread that I started has Patty's name in the poll. About 70% of those who have voted voted for him.

PlayNando
10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Nando = euro pussy

Playnando= groupie of a europussy

Go deepthroat an eclaire and hopefully you choke on it and you disappear from this forum.
umad?

ohmwrecker
10-30-2013, 04:56 PM

If he was decent and showed potential his minutes wouldn't have been cut. If he's upset about it, he should stop being a baby and play better.