PDA

View Full Version : Mills' jump shot has changed.

Nero5
10-25-2013, 12:49 AM
I've just finished watching the preseason footage and Patty's jump shot looked different. A stronger jump, more forward in action and with better balance. I checked the footage from last season and there looks to be a difference - no more fade-aways all the time. It's clear he has been working hard int he off season - he looks stronger too. I wish him a good season.

TrainOfThought5
10-25-2013, 06:29 AM
I saw that a little too. hopefully that will lead to more consistency.

Darius McCrary
10-25-2013, 08:22 AM
It's because he lost 44 pounds and shaved his head.

Russ
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Mills looks better as a Neal replacement than he ever looked as miscast point guard.

Maybe Pop knew what he was doing when he let Gary walk.

moisaenz
10-25-2013, 09:20 AM
so now its going to be belli v mills??

cheguevara
10-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Agree he seems to haveva much better more controlled jumpshot. Good observation my comrade

Nero5
10-25-2013, 07:19 PM
I think it's a good sign for a team that someone is more prepared to work really hard, not just on physical ability, but technique. I think I see the same change in Baynes, cannot see it in De Colo or Joseph, but then they're not playing well and a lack of confidence also shows in body language/movement and this could mask the observation. Who else is looking like they actually worked for their money in the off season - does Leonard look in good shape?

Consistency is key, but it is also tough to have without game time. In practice you get familiar with you you train with and against and you start taking shortcuts and develop skills to play against individuals. Then you play a game and the pace is faster and the opposition do not do what you expect or react how you expect. If Mills gets some minutes I hope he will consolidate his current progress.

MR-Clutch
10-26-2013, 12:19 AM
I think losing fat and gaining some athleticism goes a long way.