PDA

View Full Version : 76ers cut Royce White

elbamba
10-25-2013, 10:29 AM
If the Spurs could get a contract that protects them from his sissy anxiety disorder, would it be worth the risk to take a chance on this guy? He was a baller in college and I believe he destoryed Anthony Davis when they went head-to-head. Thoughts?

Someone will have to take a chance with him. Too much talent.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9876643/philadelphia-76ers-release-royce-white-3-months-trade

Leetonidas
10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
NO

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-25-2013, 10:31 AM
NO

Darius Bieber
10-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Even as an Iowa State student myself, I'd pass on him. Not worth wasting a roster spot since we're already wasting one on Nando.

Boomersgold
10-25-2013, 10:45 AM
If the Spurs could get a contract that protects them from his sissy anxiety disorder, would it be worth the risk to take a chance on this guy? He was a baller in college and I believe he destoryed Anthony Davis when they went head-to-head. Thoughts?

Someone will have to take a chance with him. Too much talent.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9876643/philadelphia-76ers-release-royce-white-3-months-trade

And then have him only play home games because of his fear of flying? No thanks.

monkeypunk
10-25-2013, 10:46 AM
If he would get on a fucking plane, he'd be a great add but he'd only be available for 2/3 of the games and there's no way Pop would let that affect the team chemistry.

Dude did have a couple of great lines in a few pre-season games though.

Vs. Cleveland

17 minutes - 7 points on 2-3 shooting, 6 reb, 2 assists, a block and a steal. But 5 to's and he fouled out.

Kid has talent but the baggage is going to be too much for the Spurs to bite.

manustarting2gd
10-25-2013, 10:50 AM
He will fade into oblivion until he can get his mental issues under control. Hell naw.

hooperflash
10-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Sorry, young chuck.

Kool Bob Love
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
NO

Raven
10-25-2013, 11:19 AM
:lmao

do it mitch :lol

seriously, he's probably gonna retire.

Shifty
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM
He was cut by the team that is widely considered the worst in the league, that is obviously tanking the season (traded away its best players for the chance to shutdown Nernelns Noel until 2014-2015), has no interest in winning now, that is planning for the future and plans to play its young players as much as possible to develop their upside. We should take the hint that his condition is really incompatible with his profession.

txstr1986
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM
NO

My best friend is a die-hard Rockets fan and was really high on White when they first got him. Needless to say he soured pretty quickly and would barely wish him on the Mavs.

wildcardX
10-25-2013, 12:03 PM
If the Spurs signed Royce White this would be a typical day with him and Pop about flying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJOeLuUD94

Monkeyboy14
10-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Nigga if he can't even make the 76ers u think he could make the spurs this season??

RD2191
10-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Sign that nigga

RD2191
10-25-2013, 12:44 PM
LOL @ the people saying no. This kid has potential. idgaf if he can only play home games. That is good enough for me.

monkeypunk
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
If they signed JHo after his second blown out knee then they won't be looking at Royce who is at least physically healthy.

Captivus
10-25-2013, 01:28 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/39110-Will-Smith-OH-HELL-NO-gif-S6ho.gif

Raven
10-25-2013, 01:55 PM
He was cut by the team that is widely considered the worst in the league, that is obviously tanking the season (traded away its best players for the chance to shutdown Nernelns Noel until 2014-2015), has no interest in winning now, that is planning for the future and plans to play its young players as much as possible to develop their upside. We should take the hint that his condition is really incompatible with his profession.

i think it is more the fact that they need to teach him every single thing about basketball (he's been that bad) while dealing with his bad character.. if you don't have the right mind, it's not worth it.

elemento
10-25-2013, 02:04 PM
lol

Dude is out of the NBA after 1 season playing exactly ZERO games as a 1st round pick and people really wanna see the Spurs giving him a chance. He is a massive head-case. It's an easy no.

DrunkTXLabrat
10-25-2013, 02:54 PM
i wish white would get it together. i don't think the spurs will sign him, but i wish they would. white is a super-diaw. 3/4 with handles, play-making, and defense. i think he'd be fine with limited games. pop could use it as a minute managing device.

benstanfield
10-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Mental illness isn't even this dudes baggage. He's been caught stealing from locker rooms, shoplifting and fighting security guards, and quit on his college team without even telling them.

I repeat mental illness ISN'T the problem with this guy. His problem is being a degenerate loser and having a mental illness to hide behind.

CitizenDwayne
10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
It's an easy no.

exstatic
10-25-2013, 07:02 PM
He needs to show that he can play professional ball at ANY level. So far he hasn't. A mid first round pick should dominate the d-league.

I wouldn't be averse to the Toros trading for him. I think since he was a Sixers cut, as long as he was in the last three players they cut, Delaware would own his d-league rights.

Axegrinder
10-25-2013, 10:09 PM
do not want

ElNono
10-25-2013, 10:12 PM
#BeWell

rastaspur
10-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Mental illness isn't even this dudes baggage. He's been caught stealing from locker rooms, shoplifting and fighting security guards, and quit on his college team

without even telling them.

I repeat mental illness ISN'T the problem with this guy. His problem is being a degenerate loser and having a mental illness to hide behind.

I tend to agree. This kid is a erkel version of hernandez from the patriots or like thatrnning back from lsu cecil diesel who kept breaking into neighbors apartments cause he couldnt control the creeper in him

TrainOfThought5
10-25-2013, 11:10 PM
NO

racm
10-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I don't want a headcase player who happens to be the poor man's Boris Diaw.

james evans
10-26-2013, 02:03 AM
they sign him and he'd play as many minutes as all of us during the season before he's cut

xellos88330
10-26-2013, 08:12 AM
I just don't understand how the kid was even drafted knowing about his fear of flying.

Dex
10-26-2013, 09:50 AM
I just don't understand how the kid was even drafted knowing about his fear of flying.

Why would a guy with a fear of flying get involved in the NBA? What did he expect was going to happen?

Oh, that's right...he thought he would be such an amazing talent that he would be the first player to be excused from road games.

Raven
10-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Why would a guy with a fear of flying get involved in the NBA? What did he expect was going to happen?

Oh, that's right...he thought he would be such an amazing talent that he would be the first player to be excused from road games.

maybe he thought he could get around 6 milion dollars/4 years for basically scratching his balls..

Samr.
10-26-2013, 11:01 AM
If the Spurs could get a contract that protects them from his sissy anxiety disorder, would it be worth the risk to take a chance on this guy?

As someone who suffers from PTSD (which includes severe depression and anxiety), this statement is simply appalling. My PT

If the 76ers, Rockets, etc. are cutting this guy simply because he can't play, then they have every right to do so. But only if they cut him for that reason, and not because of his anxiety.

Anxiety is a true disability. I've had a surgery that caused me to re-learn how to walk. I have osteoporosis. I've been in a wheelchair many, many times. And my anxiety is far more debilitating than any of those. It SHOULD be something that is protected under the ADA, but it isn't. Likely because people can't see it, and thus anxiety is diagnosed on subjective symptoms rather than objective. Ailments in the limbs can be surgically repaired, but most diseases in the brain have no true cure.

I guess the comparison would be signing someone like Oden, knowing that his knees are going to limit him to only a certain amount of games. Same with Royce White. He has an injury, and one that he is very up front about. If you sign him, he won't be available for ____ number of games because of his injury. So of course don't pay him like someone with two good knees, and then support him for what he is rather than what you expect him to be.

Thing with psychological disorders, such as anxiety, is: they get DRASTICALLY worse when you realize perceive a lack of support. And perception is reality. Doesn't matter what you think; it's what he thinks. If he wants a personal doctor, great, get him one if it'll make him feel less anxious. When I get terrible anxiety and flashbacks, I want my wife by my side. Her being there doesn't help me in any substantive way, but psychologically, it "calms the waters" so to speak.

RW is an amazing basketball talent. The dude just needs support, and understanding that he's not "unreliable;" he simply has a disability that he's able to largely play through under the right circumstances.

Unfortunately, he hasn't found those right circumstances yet.

td4mvp2k
10-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Spurs dont go for players wit probs