PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Grizzles look terrible: Hollins Firing was a mistake

sook
10-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Rockets 3rd stringers beating their starters. Looks like they really don't give too much of a shit. Bad move by the organization. :nope

Leetonidas
10-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Preseason

sook
10-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Preseason
I agree completely, I haven't taken any of the games with a grain of salt, but if you watch this their body language says a lot. The raptors beat them by 30 last time.

sook
10-25-2013, 08:48 PM
And they should have taken their starters out a long time ago.

Leetonidas
10-25-2013, 08:49 PM
They could be disinterested because it's the preseason. Then again they did get the Laker treatment from the Spurs last season so maybe they are falling apart. Who did they even hire to replace Hollins? Anyone decent?

sook
10-25-2013, 08:51 PM
They could be disinterested because it's the preseason. Then again they did get the Laker treatment from the Spurs last season so maybe they are falling apart. Who did they even hire to replace Hollins? Anyone decent?

assistant coach. Their announcers even said that he may not last long with the way the team has been playing...

Hollins was always on their ass, they needed it especially guys like randolph.

Suspect
10-25-2013, 08:57 PM
:cry preseason :cry

Rogue
10-25-2013, 09:01 PM
defense-oriented teams always have a hard time impressing the preseason imho.

lefty
10-25-2013, 09:46 PM
They got shitted on by the Raptors too

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Hollins isn't anything special, tbh, prototypical Black coach..

After the Spurs exposed them last season, other teams will play Memphis the same way, tbh..they can't shoot, Randolph is old, they don't have any wing creators, and they aren't athletic..they are the most ref-reliant team in the league IMO..

Load up on Randolph, he won't pass, tbh, and even when he does, they can't punish you..Gasol doesn't have the mentality to score 20 consistently, too..

Clipper Nation
10-25-2013, 09:58 PM
they are the most ref-reliant team in the league IMO..
More ref-reliant than the Lakers or Thunderefs? I don't know about that, tbh.... they do get plenty of no-calls that their opponents don't get on the defensive end, though....

HarlemHeat37
10-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Defensively, I should have said, tbh..

Memphis's entire defensive philosophy is to foul and rely on the ref to swallow his whistle, tbh..only Indiana benefits as much on the defensive end..

Obviously the Lakers and Thunder receive the most offensive treatment..

Arnold Toht
10-25-2013, 10:04 PM
^ Says the man with +60 FT differential in the Finals, and still came home empty.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Hollins isn't anything special, tbh, prototypical Black coach..

After the Spurs exposed them last season, other teams will play Memphis the same way, tbh..they can't shoot, Randolph is old, they don't have any wing creators, and they aren't athletic..they are the most ref-reliant team in the league IMO..

Load up on Randolph, he won't pass, tbh, and even when he does, they can't punish you..Gasol doesn't have the mentality to score 20 consistently, too..

I kept on hearing this about Hollins and when I pointed out plays that he would draw up at the end of games, it fell on deaf ears. This notion that 'black coach' means rah-rah and no x's and o's is bullshit.

Rogue
10-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Harlem drops the truth bombs imho. Memphis's D relies on tough contacts and the lenience of refs but it's apparent that they don't need or want to put out that strategy in the pre-season.