PDA

View Full Version : Drobnjak close to signing 3-yr. deal with Tau

Solid D
07-25-2005, 11:41 AM
It looks like one of the NBA's big men and website cult figures, Predrag Drobnjak, is about to head to the Euroleague. This is somewhat significant since it appears Tau is positioning itself to play without Luis Scola on its roster next season. Hmmm.

http://www.24sec.net/article.asp?index=2211

TheTruth
07-25-2005, 11:46 AM
They didn't lose the younger post player that they have right? I think his name is splitter.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Interesting about Drobnjak. Another website a few weeks ago had him being extended here in the NBA, but they have since removed the info.

WalterBenitez
07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
TAU is getting a lot of money collecting boy-outs ...

timvp
07-25-2005, 01:12 PM
it appears Tau is positioning itself to play without Luis Scola on its roster next season. Hmmm.

True.

But also, Scola and Drobnjak would form a pretty mean front line.

spur219
07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I am thinking that Scola is already traded but it hadn't been made public yet.

WalterBenitez
07-25-2005, 01:18 PM

That would be a great secret move, you are thinking about Hawks? Cavs?

SpizdiStrann
07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
three team trade::
tau- atlanta:: scola for drobnjak
atlanta- spurs:: scola for rasho

:smokin

no buyout for scola

WalterBenitez
07-25-2005, 02:15 PM
three team trade::
tau- atlanta:: scola for drobnjak
atlanta- spurs:: scola for rasho

:smokin

no buyout for scola

Jesus, you lost a piece ... TAU will must receive its Euros in order to make it.

JUUOT
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
interesting. maybee just for fun.

atlanta: scola - drobjnak
spurs: scola - diaw/willis

after this joke. seriously you might be on something...

waly.mg
07-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Drobnjak Leaves NBA For A Monster Deal In Spain
26th July, 2005 - 12:45 pm
B92 Sport - A veteran of 4 years in the NBA, Predrag Drobnjak decided to continue his career in Spain, agreeing to a 3 year deal with Tau Ceramica, which recently also signed Raptors' 2005 2nd round pick, Roko Leni Ukic.

What makes this deal unusual is the almost unprecedented €5 million, or the equivalent of roughly $6 million, Drobnjak will receive for the duration of his contract.

Drobnjak played 4 seasons in the NBA with Seattle, Los Angeles Clippers , and Atlanta, with career averages of 8ppg and 3.5rpg. He was also the first player ever acquired by the Charlotte Bobcats , despite never playing a game for them.

He was believed to have received interest from Seattle and Chicago before agreeing to play in Spain.

spurschick
07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
The Hawks are suddenly in need of a Center... interesting...

waly.mg
07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey Hawks

We have Rasho in our Doghouse กกกกกกกกกกกกกกกก

spurschick
07-26-2005, 01:55 PM
If Scola stays with Tau, that's going to be a mean front court.

CaptainLate
07-26-2005, 02:19 PM

I don't see how a "secret" like that could be kept for this long. We'll see.

clubalien
07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
there is nothing that great from hawks to recvie but i think it would actual be a good place for rasho to play

dunkman
07-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Drobnjak said something like that he was bored of sitting on the bench of losing teams. Their offer of three years for E5M free of taxes was very good too.

However, he is a center, and Luis Scola is a power forward. My guess is that Scola will stay at least one more year with Tau.

TexasAggie2005
07-29-2005, 02:44 AM
there is nothing that great from hawks to recvie but i think it would actual be a good place for rasho to play

WHAT??? The Hawks have a half-dozen players I'd love to have. Mainly Childress or Harrington, but there are a few others I'd take (Diaw, etc.) and a couple they'd never let us have that I still want (Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, etc.). How can you say the Hawks have nothing we want? They have a glut of young small forwards, exactly what we need.

ace3g
07-29-2005, 02:50 AM
not that this matters but I was looking at nbadraft.net profile of Diaw and look what it said

NBA Comparison: Bruce Bowen

Strengths: Athletically there isn't much Diaw doesn't posses with superior leaping ability, length, and quickness ... An underrated post passer who might be the best at his position ... Has the defensive skills that NBA team's love such as foot speed, long arms and quick hands ... Shows the ability to be a solid offensive rebounder on put backs ... Excels in the open court where his athleticism allows him to finish with flair ... Unselfish although almost to a fault he looks constantly for open teammates ... Possesses amazing body control and combined with his basket skills to make some impressive drives to the basket ... Even when the defense adjusts, his creativity allows for impressive finishes in traffic ... When aggressive, he can be a explosive scorer around the rim on dunks ... Diaw's long arms and quick hands enable him to be a threat to steal the ball and disrupt passing lanes ... Plays the game with poise and maturity no matter what the situation ... Does a good job of using the baseline to gain the advantage over the defense on quick lay-ups ... Fundamentally he is very sound and able to do a multitude of tasks well ... Makes solid court decisions when the ball is on his hands ... Team player who does all the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet ... Has excellent court vision rarely seen at his position ...

Weaknesses: Needs to improve on his upper body strength ... Offensively Diaw must focus on becoming more aggressive ... Perimeter shooting remains a very underdeveloped part of his game ... Struggles to make the 3-point shot with consistency ... Diaw has yet to learn how to drawl fouls from opposing defenders on a consistent basis ... Added improvement of his ball handling could enable him to take defenders off the dribble more efficiently ... Lacks the consistency to shoot off the dribble ... Confidence has a tendency to wavier at times ... Doesn't always finish in the lane after contact occurs ... Has few post up skills to take advantage of height mismatches of opposing defenders ... Should work on improving at moving without the ball as he has a habit of watching ... Doesn't play with the intensity level many coaches look for as Diaw approach's the game with a laid back demeanor ... Needs to display more effort on the court consistently ... Sometimes he will defer to teammates instead of looking for his shot ...

just thought it was funny

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 02:50 AM
CIA Pop anyone?

I love thinking about the possibilities.

ace3g
07-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Strengths: Great athlete. Not a shooter or a scorer, if he cared about his stats he could increase his scoring average. His biggest strength is his strong defensive-oriented-game, as he often is in charge of the main opposing scorer, whether they play the 1, 2, or 3 positon. His footwork, athlecism, elevation, and quick hands help him to lock down opponents. Incredible feel for the game. Shooting is his only weakness but otherwise he does it all. Very good defensive player, easily his best attribute. Had a very solid season for Pau this year, being a consistant contributor. Wiry athletic, a Kirilenko-type of frame. Great offensive and defensive abilities. Has quickness, nice wing-span. His penetration skills are awesome, as he has superb foot speed and body control allowing him to use his above average athlecism to score. Offensively his strength is his ability to read the defensive play and to penetrate or find an open man.

Weaknesses: No real shooting touch. Must develop more intensity. Can become very good, but seems to settle for being just good. Mental toughness must get stronger. is game is still developing, especially shooting, but his fundamentals are very good.

another quote from nbadraft.net, I havent really seen enough of diaw to make any assumptions though

ace3g
07-29-2005, 02:57 AM
again I am not saying any is going on betweeen the spurs/hawks/tau but if there is this would be the best CIA Pop moment ever to get a deal like this done under the radar; that no one saw coming

ace3g
07-29-2005, 02:58 AM
and there will probably be alot of rumors starting around monday when players can start signing contracts that is usually when teams try to make deals; on and after signing day