PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Best NBA playbook to use for coaching a team?

thunderup
10-27-2013, 01:39 AM
I am using some of San Antonio's zipper cut series plays and by god they are such a success because they lead to all types of looks. I'm currently trying to incorporate more play sets. Some of Chicago's stuff is also good.

If yall where coaching a team, what would you all use?

racm
10-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Anything Scott Brooks isn't using, tbh

you should apply for OKC coach, you could do better than him

Clipper Nation
10-27-2013, 01:49 AM
Make sure to use some of Doc's inbounds plays if you're not using them already, tbh...

thunderup
10-27-2013, 01:50 AM
Anything Scott Brooks isn't using, tbh

you should apply for OKC coach, you could do better than him
:lol no kidding partner. OKC's playbook is at the bottom of the league in terms of creativity. We thrive on a simple drive and kick system that gets shooters shots. We all know how that went to shit when Russ went down. KD can be the lead man in a drive and kick system but not anywhere near the success of say a Russ led drive and kick system.

If it isn't a drive and kick, it's an iso. Predictable shit that gets us nowhere in the long run.

thunderup
10-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Make sure to use some of Doc's inbounds plays if you're not using them already, tbh...
Ill look these up. Thanks

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2013, 02:00 AM
you should try taking 10 straight possessions and bricking them

how about forcing 8 straight turnovers for no apparent reason?

thunderup
10-27-2013, 03:35 AM
-x4pQPpBd28

Wow, no wonder SA is so good at developing talent. They got just the right playbook for that. Well oiled machine indeed.

thunderup
10-27-2013, 03:44 AM
http://wordsonthebounce.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/cszipperthumb.png
http://wordsonthebounce.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/boston-celtics-zipper-thumb-sideline-out-of-bounds/

Good shit, partner.

TheRealCB
10-27-2013, 05:00 AM
http://wordsonthebounce.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/cszipperthumb.png
http://wordsonthebounce.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/boston-celtics-zipper-thumb-sideline-out-of-bounds/

Good shit, partner.

Seems like a very standard out of bounds play...Doc has some more sophisticated plays that can be used with little time on the clock.

Killakobe81
10-27-2013, 07:49 AM

Doc and Pop best in NBA at them.
Spurs have great plays in half court sets
I also like Carlisle flow offense

thunderup
10-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Seems like a very standard out of bounds play...Doc has some more sophisticated plays that can be used with little time on the clock.

Pretty standard? I wonder how. The play looks amazing from a spacing perspective. So many things can happen.

DMC
10-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Because of these plays, the shooters know where take practice shots. SA is a system franchise, that's well known.

TheRealCB
10-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Pretty standard? I wonder how. The play looks amazing from a spacing perspective. So many things can happen.

Both the teams I've played at have run this,so maybe it's just me.. It's a pretty simple inbound to pick n' roll,or a pass straight in the post if the 4 doesn't clear out.

Buddy Mignon
10-27-2013, 01:48 PM
The Kobe Iso has been the most successful play in the leagues history. We used on Pippen to beat Portland. We used it on Reggie Miller when Shaq fouled out. Kobe Iso is all you need.

Arnold Toht
10-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Never go to the Duncan post up with a minute to go in game 7, NBA Finals.

ElNono
10-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Avoid SSOL if you don't wanna get Swept...

Rogue
10-27-2013, 10:48 PM
I like to watch teams playing an attractive style but if i were given a job as the coach of an NBA team I'd probably choose Jerry Sloan's or Pop's playbook, even though that's the style of game I don't really like. not everyone has such like to do what he/she likes as a profession and achieve great successes subsequently (like my goddess). it's like, dating a bitch is one thing while marrying her is something different entirely.

benstanfield
10-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Never go to the Duncan post up with a minute to go in game 7, NBA Finals.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://iaincarstairs.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/brain_autism.png

Arnold Toht
10-27-2013, 11:10 PM
^ See, kids? That's the repercussion of 6. This particular victim laid it out for himself.

hyhy
10-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Tex winter's triangle

Captivus
10-28-2013, 10:16 AM
BBallBreaakdown has a lot of interesting videos on Youtube, at least they are interesting for people like me, that dont know a lot about playbooks.
You probaby knew this...

thunderup
10-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I added more plays from the Spurs playbook. Goddamn what a beautiful offense to watch yall. Defense is in constant scramble while the offense is in motion at all times. Always an open shot or lane depending on how the defense reacts.

thunderup
10-28-2013, 06:49 PM
BBallBreaakdown has a lot of interesting videos on Youtube, at least they are interesting for people like me, that dont know a lot about playbooks.
You probaby knew this...
I've caught some of those. The breakdown of Spurs sets is about as beautiful a basketball narrative as you'll find partner.