PDA

View Full Version : spurs ungodly amount of assistant coaches

csw225
07-25-2005, 12:40 PM
ok we've got pj, coach bud, coach newman, coach brett brown, coach monty williams who just signed a contract to become a full time assistant, and newly aquired coach chip engellend

i kno pj, bud, and new will be with pop on the 1st row, but whats the status of the other 3?

ladiesman
07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
ok we've got pj, coach bud, coach newman, coach brett brown, coach monty williams who just signed a contract to become a full time assistant, and newly aquired coach chip engellend

i kno pj, bud, and new will be with pop on the 1st row, but whats the status of the other 3?

The will sit with the baseline bums.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
That's actually a very low amount of assistant coaches compared to other teams in the league. Brett Brown sits on the second row and probably Chip Engelland will too -- they aren't in game coaches. Monty Williams doesn't have a title yet, so who knows.

Why does it matter where they sit though?

angel_luv
07-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Is Pop bringing in more people in case he loses Coach Carlesimo to a head coaching position with another team?

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Is Pop bringing in more people in case he loses Coach Carlesimo to a head coaching position with another team?

I don't think so. The Spurs lost Prunti and Ferry (though they weren't coaches, they were part of the staff.) Monty was already here. They only added the shooting coach.

csw225
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
i read on insidehoops.com from the orlando sentinel that monty williams signed a full time assistant coaching contract... who knows?

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 01:00 PM
i read on insidehoops.com from the orlando sentinel that monty williams signed a full time assistant coaching contract... who knows?

He did. But I'm saying that he might not be an in-game assistant who sits on the bench next to Newman, Bud, and PJ. Brett Brown is literally an assistant coach too, but he has other duties because he's Director of Player Development.

csw225
07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
o ok iget what ur saying, i do that all of last year monty basically had the same job as brett before the game but he told me he never traveled with the team until the denver series, so i think he's gonna be basically brett bown this year.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
The Mavericks have like 15-20 assistant coaches. So I'm not worried about where the Spurs coaches will sit. :lol

csw225
07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
hehe yeah and whatever happened to donnie nelson, THE don nelson's son who was an assistant?

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 01:11 PM
hehe yeah and whatever happened to donnie nelson, THE don nelson's son who was an assistant?

He's the Mavs' President of Basketball Operations now.