PDA

View Full Version : NBA: kobe and duncan's post nba career?

RsxPiimp
10-27-2013, 10:28 AM
the possibilities are endless for these two but i begin to wonder what two of the best players in their era would do once they hang up their sneakers

kobe

a. lakers minority owner
b. majority owner of another team ala mj
c. actor
d. successful product endorser
e. tnt/espn analyst (better than any of the current clowns)
f. real state mogul
g. coach
h. settle down with his beautiful wife, kids and enjoy that $$$

duncan has three options, i'll leave it blank for your imagination

a.
b.
c.

Koolaid_Man
10-27-2013, 10:32 AM
the possibilities are endless for these two but i begin to wonder what two of the best players in their era would do once they hang up their sneakers

duncan has three options, i'll leave it blank for your imagination

a. Booty Surgeon
b. Exotic Dancer
c. Gay Parade Float

fify

AchillesHeel
10-27-2013, 10:42 AM
a.Duncan would make a better coach than Kirby, Kirby expects too much out of his players and his personality would get in the way of the team like Magic's did.

b.Duncan on the other hand is a quiet, low-key kinda guy, who knows a lot about the game of basketball. Duncan's also been coached by Pop whis whole career so he knows the Spurs system in and out, if Pop were to retire I could see Duncan coaching the Spurs in the future.

c.Duncan's also the 2nd or 3rd richest NBA player, so he could also go into the business world, he'd have less endorsements than Kirby due to popularity, but he's still a 4 time champ and a 3 time Finals MVP, the greatest player of his era, he wouldn't have a hard time endorsing or being part of bigger projects.

d.If J.Kidd can be a minority owner for the Brooklyn Nets, Duncan could easily be a minority owner of the Spurs.

e.If Duncan wants to settle down, he could easily find another woman and adopt or make more kids and settle down, he got the cash to do so.

I don't understand why you have to ride the dude so hard, he's one of the nicest players ever. He chose to break up the marriage because the bitch was cheating on him and using his money on some fat be@ner she was fucking with.

And the gay rumors were just rumors, nothing else since then has come out, there never was anything to prove the claims of some stupid blog writer, of course Lakerfans don't care if things are true or not.

http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/07/21/sports/is-tim-duncan-bisexual-marc-scott/

EveryJoe: How did these bisexual rumors start regarding Tim Duncan?Susan: From what we can tell, it was started by a rumor mongering blog that has a history of manufacturing false stories.
EJ: Do you believe the story could originate from Amy Duncan, his soon-to-be ex-wife?
S: Absolutely not. Not only does she know it’s a ridiculous claim, she has nothing to gain by doing so. They have a prenuptial agreement that will make this a clean divorce. A bisexual rumor wouldn’t influence it at all. If anything, it’ll only hurt her children — which she obviously doesn’t want.
EJ: Who is Marc Scott?
S: Marc is Tim’s former basketball teammate at Wake Forest University. They were also roommates while in college. He did live with the Duncans for a couple years after Tim was drafted into the NBA, however he’s been out of their home for about a decade now. He’s moved away and has very little contact with Tim or Amy at this point.
EJ: So he was just an ex-teammate?
S: Yes. Well, he majored in Finance and then handled Tim’s money matters early on in his career. Since Tim didn’t have a full-time agent, he needed another person to handle the business side of being a professional basketball player. Marc did that for a few years. He also did things like setup and run his website.
EJ: What’s the real reason for the divorce then?
S: The couple simply drifted apart. Tim has a new business venture — an autoshop — that he has been spending a lot of time on in addition to his basketball career. Amy started a fitness establishment a few years ago. She was caught having an affair with a personal trainer but the marriage was already coming to an end by the time she was caught.
EJ: Is there anything you can tell us about the fitness trainer?
S: He is … I’d rather not say anything.
EJ: Thank you for time. Anything you’d like to add?
S: Thank you. I’d just like to remind everyone that the Duncans have two children that don’t need to be hearing these types of malicious rumors. While there’s nothing wrong about being bisexual, that is not the case with Tim.

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2013, 10:49 AM
could actually see kobe having a cell next to oj simpsons

everyone knows the white man is already plotting the downfall of this wanker

DMC
10-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Tim will go back to the islands and tell everyone to piss off. He's already got a business in SA but he's not going to coach. He might work as a trainer like Hakeem or Patrick did, but that's about it.

StrengthAndHonor
10-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Tim will go back to the islands and tell everyone to piss off. He's already got a business in SA but he's not going to coach. He might work as a trainer like Hakeem or Patrick did, but that's about it.

I don't see it but I don't really follow Duncan much. He's always a low profile athlete. I think you're right about owning a business and will most likely prosper further with smart investing.

StrengthAndHonor
10-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Tbh, I don't see Kobe's marriage to hold on after he retires. He'll also probably try a few non serious acting gigs, being in Hollywood and all and may appear as an analyst from time to time since he's articulate. I don't see Kobe being a minority owner or coaching.

DMC
10-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't see it but I don't really follow Duncan much. He's always a low profile athlete. I think you're right about owning a business and will most likely prosper further with smart investing.

He already owns a business, Blackjack custom auto shop. I don't think it's going to be any West Coast Choppers level of success, but auto shops do well more often than night clubs.

Also, I don't think Tim is crazy about basketball and though I cannot accurately say, I'd bet he's better with his money than a few others are with theirs. Maybe though, if Pop goes to LA or somewhere, he takes Tim with him as either a trainer or an assistant.

StrengthAndHonor
10-27-2013, 12:55 PM
He already owns a business, Blackjack custom auto shop. I don't think it's going to be any West Coast Choppers level of success, but auto shops do well more often than night clubs.

Also, I don't think Tim is crazy about basketball and though I cannot accurately say, I'd bet he's better with his money than a few others are with theirs. Maybe though, if Pop goes to LA or somewhere, he takes Tim with him as either a trainer or an assistant.

Didn't know that, that's pretty rad.

elmanutres
10-27-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't see kobe as a coach. Maybe as a product endorser. Timmy i'm sure will just retire and watch his kids grow

Koolaid_Man
10-27-2013, 02:05 PM
a.Duncan would make a better coach than Kirby, Kirby expects too much out of his players and his personality would get in the way of the team like Magic's did.

b.Duncan on the other hand is a quiet, low-key kinda guy, who knows a lot about the game of basketball. Duncan's also been coached by Pop whis whole career so he knows the Spurs system in and out, if Pop were to retire I could see Duncan coaching the Spurs in the future.

c.Duncan's also the 2nd or 3rd richest NBA player, so he could also go into the business world, he'd have less endorsements than Kirby due to popularity, but he's still a 4 time champ and a 3 time Finals MVP, the greatest player of his era, he wouldn't have a hard time endorsing or being part of bigger projects.

d.If J.Kidd can be a minority owner for the Brooklyn Nets, Duncan could easily be a minority owner of the Spurs.

e.If Duncan wants to settle down, he could easily find another woman and adopt or make more kids and settle down, he got the cash to do so.

I don't understand why you have to ride the dude so hard, he's one of the nicest players ever. He chose to break up the marriage because the bitch was cheating on him and using his money on some fat be@ner she was fucking with.

And the gay rumors were just rumors, nothing else since then has come out, there never was anything to prove the claims of some stupid blog writer, of course Lakerfans don't care if things are true or not.

http://www.everyjoe.com/2013/07/21/sports/is-tim-duncan-bisexual-marc-scott/

^ You Slick Back...Cracka Jack..Jerry Curl Wearing Alley Cat...who you trynna fool wit all dat Bull Shat?

Bynumite
10-27-2013, 04:40 PM
I predicted Jim was a faggot and his post-NBA career too way before Amy dragged his faggot ass out of the closet. Of course butthurt spurfan didn't believe me at the time.

The Goods:

I get your point spurfan. Just like spurfan eagerly waits for Jim to finally come out of the closet once his nba days are over.

Spurfan wants Jim's career to last forever but deep down they know he's playing with a huge burden on his shoulders.

Once he assumes his true sexuality, Timmy will finally exhibit his tramp stamp and tongue ring with pride for everyone to see and assume a pivotal role as a spokesperson for the gay community.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196245&page=2&p=5842640&viewfull=1#post5842640

DMC
10-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Wow you called someone a faggot, and later another person called him bisexual. Both are wrong. Way to kick your own ass. Stop pointing out how fucking retarded you are/were. Everyone here including you is well aware of it. Lol marginalized.

benefactor
10-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Kobe will go to China and make a shit ton of money playing ball until he can't move anymore. Not sure what he will do after that.

Duncan will basically disappear. As it was said earlier, he might do some one on one coaching a la Olajuwon but I think he just hangs with his kids/at his car shop and lays low.

Rogue
10-27-2013, 11:00 PM
a. gay right activist
b. being an actor to make broke back mountain II, as a replacement of the dead legend Heath Ledger
c. join the navy or the army where there'll be plenty of young virile dicks for him to chase