PDA

View Full Version : am i the only cowboy fan who wasn't mad at dez demanding more from his team?

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:02 PM
it seems like most cowboy fans and even football fans in general, are riding the 'dez is a diva' wave right now because he was seen showing emotion on a dead cowboy sideline. sad that the best player on your team, the second best WR in the game gets treated like a piece of shit by his suck ass head coach and quaterback.

i don't know why everyone is acting like what dez did was a no-no. ummmm todd haley can be seen getting cussed out on the sidelines every sunday lol. hopefully one day the rest of the team can match your passion and intensity on game day, dez:toast

BRHornet45
10-27-2013, 05:04 PM
no surprise the resident SpursTalk hood rat is here defending hood rat ways.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2013, 05:04 PM
He was demanding more targets, b...not passion,

monosylab1k
10-27-2013, 05:05 PM
He didn't give a shit about winning, he gave a shit about not being forcefed the ball as Megatron punked his ass all game.

kamikazi_player
10-27-2013, 05:05 PM
It looked like something TO would do and we know how that turned out. I don't mind passion, but looking at him cuss out not once but twice is what got me shaking my head. We don't need anymore drama on this team.

2pac > Kobe
10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
this team is fuckin garbage someone needs to speak up, get that soft pussy witten off the team too

Pelicans78
10-27-2013, 05:08 PM
:wtf:monkey

td4mvp2k
10-27-2013, 05:09 PM
My nig :toast

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:09 PM
He was demanding more targets, b...not passion,

He didn't give a shit about winning, he gave a shit about not being forcefed the ball as Megatron punked his ass all game.

how do ya'll know? even if that's the case, so what? he's the second best receiver in the game and garret should be feeding him the ball non stop. i'd be mad as hell if i'm the 3rd or 4th option on every play too.

It looked like something TO would do and we know how that turned out. I don't mind passion, but looking at him cuss out not once but twice is what got me shaking my head. We don't need anymore drama on this team.

how is it drama??? it happens on every teams sidelines, fam. this team is straight up pussy. bunch of complacent losers who'd rather clap and pat each other on the ass after a bad possession than get in each other's ass and hold the next man accountable.

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:11 PM
My nig :toast

somebody has to keep it trill in this bitch:toast

all i'm seeing on the interwebs, during the game and from fake ass cowboy fans is :cry dez shouldn't be yelling at witten and romo like that!

kamikazi_player
10-27-2013, 05:11 PM
how is it drama??? it happens on every teams sidelines, fam. this team is straight up pussy. bunch of complacent losers who'd rather clap and pat each other on the ass after a bad possession than get in each other's ass and hold the next man accountable.
I never seen anybody call out their whole offense twice and be bitchy about it. Do you see Calvin Johnson/A.J. Green/Brandon Marshall bitching on the sidelines to their QB?(twice for that matter)

Spur-Addict
10-27-2013, 05:13 PM
somebody has to keep it trill in this bitch:toast

all i'm seeing on the interwebs, during the game and from fake ass cowboy fans is :cry dez shouldn't be yelling at witten and romo like that!

:lol Witten does need to step his life up. Shittin the bed for my fantasy team

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:14 PM
I never seen anybody call out their whole offense twice and be bitchy about it. Do you see Calvin Johnson/A.J. Green/Brandon Marshall bitching on the sidelines to their QB?(twice for that matter)

no because they play on hard nosed teams and they aren't known for choking

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:15 PM
if it was in the 1st qtr, i'd understand. but in crunch time when this team is notorious for choking, everybody on that offense including the head coach looked scared and unsure but dez was trying to light a fire under their ass. how dare he.

kamikazi_player
10-27-2013, 05:16 PM
no because they play on hard nosed teams and they aren't known for choking
I don't see that as an excuse. Like I said, I love players being passionate, but what he did was pretty much along the lines of what TO would have done and this team does not need that right now.

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't see that as an excuse. Like I said, I love players being passionate, but what he did was pretty much along the lines of what TO would have done and this team does not need that right now.

this team does need a shot in the arm. being complacent on the sidelines is not gonna win clutch games. it wasn't T.O's fault we sucked those years either lol. he was also the best player we had.

spurraider21
10-27-2013, 05:19 PM
i don't blame him for demanding more targets. their offense was struggling bad until the 4th, and he is capable of making catches through coverage.

the way in which he carried himself about it was ridiculous though

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:23 PM
i don't blame him for demanding more targets. their offense was struggling bad until the 4th, and he is capable of making catches through coverage.

the way in which he carried himself about it was ridiculous though

how is it ridiculous when it happens every sunday? sometimes its worse. like i said, just watch any game todd haley is coaching in and i bet you his qb is cussing him out lol

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 05:50 PM
this nigga only had 6 targetshttp://i39.tinypic.com/25smtxu.png

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
this nigga only had 6 targetshttp://i39.tinypic.com/25smtxu.png

And 2 of them he turned into touchdowns.

People sayin he wants more targets are right. He does. And he should get them. Dez is the best.player on the cowboys offense. Every time the cowboys wasted time trying to run the ball for -2 yards with backup runningbacks, behind a shoddy Oline couldve been another attempt to get Dez the ball.

Its laughably simple. And as for Dez's passion.... he got it from Irvin. The same one that everyone reveres so much for his passion.

but is there a double standard?? Of course there is. When Tom Brady yells at his recievers publicly on the sideline he's a " fiery leader who just wants to win." When ray lewis yells at his teammates hes "displaying that passion that made him so great"

But this is Dez Bryant, hes already been pegged by fans as some sort of jewelry stealing, mother beating, thug. Such is life.

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2013, 06:00 PM
:lol Witten does need to step his life up. Shittin the bed for my fantasy team

Your team needs a lot more help than Jason Witten, to be COMPLETELY honest. Your quarterback gave you negative points.

Spur-Addict
10-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Your team needs a lot more help than Jason Witten, to be COMPLETELY honest. Your quarterback gave you negative points.

You're right, we do need help on the outside for Russell. I agree. He has to do a lot himself. He's being pressured at a league high rate of 46% on passing attempts. The average is 36%. Luckily we just got our starting TE back, but we're still without our starting LT, and RT. Percy will be back eventually. Still see week 10 as most likely.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2013, 06:11 PM
He has to do a lot himself.
We got us a comedian here.

Spur-Addict
10-27-2013, 06:13 PM
We got us a comedian here.

LOL tbh

Trill Clinton
10-27-2013, 06:15 PM

People sayin he wants more targets are right. He does. And he should get them. Dez is the best.player on the cowboys offense. Every time the cowboys wasted time trying to run the ball for -2 yards with backup runningbacks, behind a shoddy Oline couldve been another attempt to get Dez the ball.

Its laughably simple. And as for Dez's passion.... he got it from Irvin. The same one that everyone reveres so much for his passion.

but is there a double standard?? Of course there is. When Tom Brady yells at his recievers publicly on the sideline he's a " fiery leader who just wants to win." When ray lewis yells at his teammates hes "displaying that passion that made him so great"

But this is Dez Bryant, hes already been pegged by fans as some sort of jewelry stealing, mother beating, thug. Such is life.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/slow-clap-gif.gif

http://i43.tinypic.com/j9vi34.jpg

td4mvp2k
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
And 2 of them he turned into touchdowns. People sayin he wants more targets are right. He does. And he should get them. Dez is the best.player on the cowboys offense. Every time the cowboys wasted time trying to run the ball for -2 yards with backup runningbacks, behind a shoddy Oline couldve been another attempt to get Dez the ball. Its laughably simple. And as for Dez's passion.... he got it from Irvin. The same one that everyone reveres so much for his passion.but is there a double standard?? Of course there is. When Tom Brady yells at his recievers publicly on the sideline he's a " fiery leader who just wants to win." When ray lewis yells at his teammates hes "displaying that passion that made him so great" But this is Dez Bryant, hes already been pegged by fans as some sort of jewelry stealing, mother beating, thug. Such is life.+1

DPG21920
10-27-2013, 06:55 PM
1) Dez is not the 2nd best WR in the league. His route running alone keeps him from that group. As you have seen today, and every week, there is a pretty big gap still between the true superstars and guys like Dez.

2) That meme is stupid. Brady is a champion and has earned the right to blow up. Dez has come a long way from getting kicked out of malls and assaulting his mother, but he has not won anything and has not earned the right to do what he did.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Wait, Dez assaulted his mama, tbh?..

Raven
10-27-2013, 06:58 PM
dez is not even a top 10 reciever, those who compare him to cj are just flat out retarded.

spurraider21
10-27-2013, 06:58 PM
dez is not even a top 10 reciever

:lmao

Clipper Nation
10-27-2013, 06:59 PM
:lol The only thing Dez is passionate about is his stats, he's just salty that he didn't get the number of targets he wanted.... comparing his outburst to a champion like Ray Lewis trying to fire up his teammates is just laughable, tbh....

jeebus
10-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Wait, Dez assaulted his mama, tbh?..
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a9c736/article/dez-bryant-cowboys-wr-allegedly-assaulted-mother

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Dez Bryant's mom is a crackwhore who's done nothing but hold him back in life tbh, I don't blame him for smacking her.

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Wow, hitting your own mama, tbh?..

benefactor
10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Did you seriously just compare Dez to Tom Brady? Just when I thought "he has to do a lot himself" was the worst take of the thread...

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Dez Bryant's mom is a crackwhore who's done nothing but hold him back in life tbh, I don't blame him for smacking her.

So is Lebron's, Amare's, etc, though..hitting your own mother is pretty low, tbh, just walk away from the situation..

DPG21920
10-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Or be a proven winner, then earn the right to yell at people.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-27-2013, 07:04 PM
So is Lebron's, Amare's, etc, though..hitting your own mother is pretty low, tbh, just walk away from the situation..

Did Lebron and Amare ever have to deal with a GM asking them whether or not their mother was a whore as part of a pre-draft background check :lol

HarlemHeat37
10-27-2013, 07:06 PM
:lol no, but the nigga is rich..

Just throw her some money for giving birth to you and then walk away, tbh..

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2013, 07:09 PM
dez is not even a top 10 reciever, those who compare him to cj are just flat out retarded.

Oh.

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Did you seriously just compare Dez to Tom Brady? Just when I thought "he has to do a lot himself" was the worst take of the thread...

I compared their actions on the sidelines to each other.

Would you like to compare him to T.O?? The same T.O. who helped take the cowboys to the playoffs for the last time in 3 years?? And its last playoff victory in over a decade?? And who had the same problems with the Coach, and the same QB?? And when he left the cowboys were left with an inconsistent and predictable offense leading to ZERO records better than .500??

No matter your bias, the facts, stats, and eye test wont hold up for any anti-dez slander, to be perfectly honest.

P.S. - im not a T.O. fan by any means... in fact i HATED him. But a lot of the things he complained about i didnt see, agree with until AFTER he left and i was forced to see it (all the forced throws to Witten, the horrible playcalling and game management by Garrett, etc, etc.)

LakerHater
10-27-2013, 07:24 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/29cpgsh.jpg

benefactor
10-27-2013, 07:28 PM

There is nothing to compare. That was one of the worst takes I've ever read...even from a Cowboys fan.

monosylab1k
10-27-2013, 07:29 PM
But this is Dez Bryant, hes already been pegged by fans as some sort of jewelry stealing, mother beating, thug.

:lmao you act like he did nothing to be pegged in this way. He FUCKING DID ALL THAT SHIT he brought his shitty reputation on himself.

DPG21920
10-27-2013, 07:30 PM

Would you like to compare him to T.O?? The same T.O. who helped take the cowboys to the playoffs for the last time in 3 years?? And its last playoff victory in over a decade?? And who had the same problems with the Coach, and the same QB?? And when he left the cowboys were left with an inconsistent and predictable offense leading to ZERO records better than .500??

No matter your bias, the facts, stats, and eye test wont hold up for any anti-dez slander, to be perfectly honest.

P.S. - im not a T.O. fan by any means... in fact i HATED him. But a lot of the things he complained about i didnt see, agree with until AFTER he left and i was forced to see it (all the forced throws to Witten, the horrible playcalling and game management by Garrett, etc, etc.)

Again, no one is disputing the fact Garrett sucks. However, saying Brady's actions are similar are stupid. Brady is a champion and a HOF. He's earned the right. TO is a HOF, and has done a lot more than Dez and even he's earned the right. Dez isn't helping anything, hasn't won anything and hasn't earned anything. He's just a year or two removed from thuggin & buggin in malls and b*tch slapping his momma.

Hell, just a year or two ago most Cowboy fans were screaming for the team to trade him because his talent did not outweigh his baggage.

monosylab1k
10-27-2013, 07:31 PM
btw brady took a ton of heat from the media after his last sideline rant.

DeadlyDynasty
10-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Kinda makes you respect Jeff Ireland just a scoach more, now:lol

BlackSwordsMan
10-27-2013, 07:32 PM
50 years ago that uppity black guy would have been hung for yelling at a white person

Bill_Brasky
10-27-2013, 07:38 PM
wasn't too mad. they were all pissed. dez is still a beast.

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2013, 07:53 PM
There is nothing to compare. That was one of the worst takes I've ever read...even from a Cowboys fan.

I just realized that youre an *oilers/texans* fan??

Lol ok.

TrainOfThought5
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
:lmao you act like he did nothing to be pegged in this way. He FUCKING DID ALL THAT SHIT he brought his shitty reputation on himself.

Im not disputing his actions at all. ....although there was never any physical contact proven between him and his mother outside of allegations.

My point is people act like he isnt right about things on the sideline and things dealing with FOOTBALL because of his OFF FIELD persona. But its understandable, and the life of a famous young troubled reciever.

benefactor
10-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I just realized that youre an *oilers/texans* fan??

Lol ok.
Deflecting doesn't make you less dumb, Fkla Jr.

2pac > Kobe
10-27-2013, 09:02 PM
:lol The only thing Dez is passionate about is his stats, he's just salty that he didn't get the number of targets he wanted.... comparing his outburst to a champion like Ray Lewis trying to fire up his teammates is just laughable, tbh....
watch romos press conference Clit Nation

monosylab1k
10-27-2013, 09:14 PM
:lmao comparing dez to brady. When Brady goes on a rant, he goes directly to the guy he has a problem with, and yells. Then he goes and sits by himself and vents. He doesn't stomp his feet up and down the sidelines screaming "LOOK AT ME I'M SO MAD!" like Dez.

BUMP
10-27-2013, 09:21 PM
it seems like most cowboy fans and even football fans in general, are riding the 'dez is a diva' wave right now because he was seen showing emotion on a dead cowboy sideline. sad that the best player on your team, the second best WR in the game gets treated like a piece of shit by his suck ass head coach and quaterback.

i don't know why everyone is acting like what dez did was a no-no. ummmm todd haley can be seen getting cussed out on the sidelines every sunday lol. hopefully one day the rest of the team can match your passion and intensity on game day, dez:toast

i'm with Trill on this one tbh.

Tony Romo was having a shit day and deserved to be called out on it. Bryant is a better player at his position then Romo is at his, so I don't see why he isn't allowed to go off on him when he isn't playing up to standard. If Bryant was having a shit game, not running the right routes, etc and Romo started yelling at him it would be called :cry great leadership :cry

BUMP
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Would you like to compare him to T.O?? The same T.O. who helped take the cowboys to the playoffs for the last time in 3 years?? And its last playoff victory in over a decade??

fwiw, that playoff victory came the year TO got cut

jeebus
10-27-2013, 09:26 PM
tbh fkla was dubbed avante jr, thus to be mason. is mason old enough to have a son imo?

monosylab1k
10-27-2013, 09:27 PM

Tony Romo was having a shit day and deserved to be called out on it. Bryant is a better player at his position then Romo is at his, so I don't see why he isn't allowed to go off on him when he isn't playing up to standard. If Bryant was having a shit game, not running the right routes, etc and Romo started yelling at him it would be called :cry great leadership :cry

Dez absolutely should be allowed to rant at Tony if thats his true motive. But was it? Did he just walk straight to Tony and scream at him and leave it at that? Or did he stamp his feet like a child and walk up the sidelines showing everyone how mad he was?

benefactor
10-27-2013, 09:27 PM
tbh fkla was dubbed avante jr, thus to be mason. is mason old enough to have a son imo?
Avante is like 75, so I'm sure he his.

DJR210
10-27-2013, 09:30 PM

Love the emotion, but don't love the emotion getting to the point where you can divide the locker room. Jason Garret is a little bitch, and here is the proof:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1826878-dez-bryant-throws-a-tantrum-on-the-sidelines-of-cowboys-vs-lions-game

He should have got in Dez' face and made that fool take a seat on the bench and quit his temper tantrum. He was there, scared and timid while his star receiver raped his coaches and players. Look at the way he gently grabs Bryant's arm and carefully moves him out of the way. WHO THE FUCK IS IN CHARGE OF THIS TEAM?

I miss Parcells.

jeebus
10-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Avante is like 75, so I'm sure he his.
lol old faggot

DJR210
10-27-2013, 09:37 PM
lol old faggot

He's old, he's definitely a faggot, but he can outrun Peyton Hillis.

BUMP
10-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Dez absolutely should be allowed to rant at Tony if thats his true motive. But was it?

possibly

jag
10-27-2013, 10:37 PM
-If Dez thinks the team will be better served with him getting more targets, then he needs to discuss that with Garrett and Romo. By "discuss" I don't mean running up and down the sidelines screaming to anyone who will listen.

-Ware is not a leader and seeing him try to talk sense into Dez is laughable. If Dez told him to eat shit, I wouldn't blame him.

-Witten isn't a leader either. Seeing him try to take the initiative and put Dez in his place was almost as laughable as seeing Ware reluctantly restrain Dez. The only reason Witten got pissed is because Dez was getting all over Romo.

-Dez slapped his momma. If my momma was out sucking dicks for $5's and $10's and then got in my face talking crazy after abandoning me as a child for the rock, I'd probably slap her too.

Spursfan092120
10-27-2013, 10:39 PM
dez is not even a top 10 reciever.
This is fucking stupid...including misspelling receiver. I before E except after C, dumb shit.

jag
10-27-2013, 11:19 PM
I before E except after C, dumb shit.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2622207/donovan-mcnabb-stare-o.gif

McGusto55
10-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Nope not at all..aleast he has some fucken heart

LakerHater
10-28-2013, 01:40 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/817985333.gif?1382901837

https://twitpic.com/show/full/dj0d6t

spurraider21
10-28-2013, 01:56 AM
wannabe TO

AchillesHeel
10-28-2013, 02:07 AM
http://wildpitchsports.com/wp-content/uploads/Terrelle-Owens-Crying.gif

FkLA
10-28-2013, 07:59 AM

:cry dont mention my name faggot :cry
:cry im not interested in you at all :cry

txstr1986
10-28-2013, 08:18 AM

This.

pgardn
10-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Much was made last week about Dallas receiver Dez Bryant saying he could do whatever Johnson could do. On and off the field, Johnson turned it into a nonissue; he said he heard about Bryant's boast only when Bryant texted him to explain things.

The above. It's painfully obvious. HE made it a 1 v. 1 issue when he bit on the press comparisons and then framed his tantrum as a team pep talk And of course Romo et al will cover for him. So Johnson is better and classier, who cares, this is a team game. Dez has worked hard to concentrate on what he needs to do to be Romo's best offensive weapon yet he is still but a child.

Trill Clinton
10-28-2013, 08:37 AM

my nig

johnsmith
10-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Based on the post game press conf's, I don't think this was a big deal. Romo and Garrett didn't seem to care and it was an afterthought for them, so it should be for the fans as well.

However, I see the fans perspective on being annoyed about this. It could potentially be the same old story, just with a different player. So if this is the beginning of the end for Dez in Dallas and he starts getting traded around the league (see TO) because his attitude sucks, then I agree with them, and Dez is a pain in the ass.

Like I said though, the players don't seem to mind and this could end up being an isolated deal.

johnsmith
10-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Also, LOL Cowboys.

That was easily one of the most entertaining losses I've seen from them. I actually felt sorry for Cowboy fans after that.

bus driver
10-28-2013, 10:06 AM

true,

leemajors
10-28-2013, 10:23 AM
i would prefer that fucking ginger goes to the locker room with 5 mins left in every game.

Bill_Brasky
10-28-2013, 10:33 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2622207/donovan-mcnabb-stare-o.gif

another sweet burn by 90210!

Proxy
10-28-2013, 11:30 AM
I liked his intentions, but he should have handled himself better. I think the team will be understanding, and it'll be a non-issue going forward.

Raven
10-28-2013, 03:15 PM
This is fucking stupid...including misspelling receiver. I before E except after C, dumb shit.

being homer is fine, but cj, fitz, welker, decker, roddy white, reggie wayne, julio jones, aj green, demarius thomas, desean jackson, torrey smith are all either flat out better, far more reliable or simply have done so much more meaningful stuff than him, that saying he's number two is just weird. i can agree he has the potential to be number three one day (he will never be better than aj green or cj)but given his poor route running and mental side it's safe to say he's more around the #10 rank.

Spursfan092120
10-28-2013, 06:53 PM
being homer is fine, but cj, fitz, welker, decker, roddy white, reggie wayne, julio jones, aj green, demarius thomas, desean jackson, torrey smith are all either flat out better, far more reliable or simply have done so much more meaningful stuff than him, that saying he's number two is just weird. i can agree he has the potential to be number three one day (he will never be better than aj green or cj)but given his poor route running and mental side it's safe to say he's more around the #10 rank.
He will never be better than CJ. He has the potential to be better than AJ...if he gets his head out of his ass and takes his anger out on the field instead of the sidelines.

Raven
10-28-2013, 06:58 PM
He will never be better than CJ. He has the potential to be better than AJ...if he gets his head out of his ass and takes his anger out on the field instead of the sidelines.

you can say that for a lot of players, let's see him do something meaningful first then and only then start considering him a top receiver.

Spursfan092120
10-28-2013, 07:20 PM
you can say that for a lot of players, let's see him do something meaningful first then and only then start considering him a top receiver.
He has two of the top 10 most amazing catches I've seen in my life over his couple of years in the NFL. He has potential..that's all I'm sayin.

Chief Brody
10-28-2013, 07:28 PM
He has two of the top 10 most amazing catches I've seen in my life over his couple of years in the NFL. He has potential..that's all I'm sayin.
Chris Chambers had some of the most jaw-dropping catches I've ever seen too.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-28-2013, 07:29 PM
-Dez slapped his momma. If my momma was out sucking dicks for $5's and $10's and then got in my face talking crazy after abandoning me as a child for the rock, I'd probably slap her too.

:lol exactly. The only good thing his mom did for him was pass dem slave genes down a generation :lol

Spursfan092120
10-28-2013, 07:31 PM
touchee....I'm just saying he has potential...and he is top 10 right now.

Chief Brody
10-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Definitely Top 10...probably Top 5.

1. Megatron

2. Brandon Marshall
3. A.J. Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Dez Bryant

I might add that players like Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Dwayne Bowe are amazing and are hindered by despicable passing games and would put up equal if not better #'s than Dez on Dallas. Dre--despite injury and shoddy QB play--still avg'd 100/yds a game last season and was 2nd in the league in rec yds:wow Still, I'll look past his temper tantrums and T.O.-complex and give him the benefit of the doubt

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-28-2013, 07:37 PM
IMO it's not THAT much of a stretch to call Dez a type 5 receiver given the numbers he put up last year and so far this year.

Lincoln
10-28-2013, 07:38 PM

Vein, species, weird, their, being

Am I doing it right?

Spursfan092120
10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Vein, species, weird, their, being

Am I doing it right?
on the ball, son...on the ball

Spursfan092120
10-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Definitely Top 10...probably Top 5.

1. Megatron

2. Brandon Marshall
3. A.J. Green
4. Julio Jones
5. Dez Bryant

:tu

DPG21920
10-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I would put Fitzgerald above him too.

resistanze
10-28-2013, 09:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271605/article/dez-bryants-sideline-show-really-was-all-positive

Blake
10-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Dez going TO whining about not getting the ball.

I'd prefer to see Romo going up and down the line firing up guys.

DPG21920
10-28-2013, 10:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000271605/article/dez-bryants-sideline-show-really-was-all-positive

Nice. I wonder what the exchange with Ware/Witten was then?

resistanze
10-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Nice. I wonder what the exchange with Ware/Witten was then?

Yeah, Witten kept pointing at the clock as if Dez was complaining like they already lost tbh

DPG21920
10-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Witten kept pointing at the clock as if Dez was complaining like they already lost tbh

Ya, that's what it looked like. As a side note, Dez seems to have really confusing body language compared to what he says :lol. That could be a SNL skit: just have someone really animated going crazy but saying really nice things. Then have him really angry but just sitting calmly.

BUMP
10-28-2013, 10:58 PM
i would prefer that fucking ginger goes to the locker room with 5 mins left in every game.

Another thing to that pisses me off about Garrett is the 'robot' persona he puts on after every game. Atleast admit you're fucking pissed off after a loss but instead he rehashes the same old cliches. Atleast show that you have some sort of pulse

It only works for Belichek because he has three rings.

BUMP
10-28-2013, 11:00 PM

Eric Decker, really?

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2013, 12:46 AM
:lmao Decker is a #3 caliber receiver, he's inconsistent and unspectacular, Dez shits all over him, tbh..

DT is a toss-up, Welker plays a completely different role..Torrey Smith is a one-trick player, Reggie Wayne is finished..

kamikazi_player
10-29-2013, 01:17 AM
:lmao at butterfingers Decker being better than Dez

I have pretty much the same list as Chief Brody, but I'd put Victor Cruz over Dez imho.

Raven
10-29-2013, 08:17 AM
i even forgot about brandon marshall tbh.. bottom line, dez is a nobody with almost limitless potential but until he does something meaningful (aside from having huge numbers in shootouts that end with losses) i would not call him a top reciever. Of course you could make a case for him being a top 5, but in terms of making your team win, he is not a top 10 receiver, therefore it's retarded to call him n2.

Trill Clinton
10-29-2013, 09:06 AM

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys) wide receiver Dez Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13215/dez-bryant) has taken some heat in the past 24 hours for two sideline rants in the loss to the Detroit Lions (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions).

But sideline audio and video released by NFL.com on Monday night, supports Bryant's assertion he was offering support to his teammates.

During the first sideline chat, when Bryant is waving his arms, he yells, "No, we can't let them do that. They playing me (expletive) up. We destroy that."

Bryant is referring to press-man coverage by the Lions, something Bryant feels he can beat with a deep pass. Quarterback Tony Romo (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5209/tony-romo) and wide receivers coach Derek Dooley are also on the audio speaking to Bryant about watching where the safety is playing him.

After Bryant breaks through Jason Witten (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/4527/jason-witten) and Jason Garrett to speak with Romo he says, "It's over on that last one."

While kneeling down with Dooley and Romo, the receivers coach tells Bryant, "Just sit it down, don't look at Tony. Safety is coming over the top."

Dooley later adds, "It looks open but they coming over the top."

Dooley is explaining to Bryant to be careful of the safety because he presents a threat on a deep pass and that's why Romo isn't throwing passes down the field toward him.

Bryant is very animated, but he never says anything negative about individually wanting the ball. If anything, Bryant is talking about how the Cowboys can beat the Lions' deep coverage.

"We busted our ass not to win this (expletive) game," Bryant yells.

Bryant did have another animated discussion on the sidelines with tight end Jason Witten with 12 seconds to play in the game. The pair needed to be separated by defensive end DeMarcus Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8426/demarcus-ware), who at one point grabs Bryant to calm him down.

Bryant hugged Witten in the locker room after the game and everyone involved said the issues on the sidelines are nothing more than a player being passionate about trying to win a game.

"There was no anger at all," Bryant said to reporters on Monday. "Me and Witt, we laughed and smiled. We even joked about it whenever we got on the bus. Check this out. Don’t think that I know there’s not a million and one cameras out there on that field. The thing about it is, this is a football game. You can’t worry about who’s watching, who’s paying attention. It’s all about motivating, trying to get guys’ minds right and things like that. And basically that’s what it was. For the most part, that’s what it was, especially with the Romo situation. I don’t know how that came about. I got done talking to Romo, I went down to talk to Terrance Williams (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15878/terrance-williams) and tell them, ‘You know what, they keep you like, keep killing ‘em, keep killing ‘em, keep killing me.' And so I see he broke out for how long was the touchdown? 60 yards?"

chunticakes
10-29-2013, 09:45 AM

as did brandon lloyd.

BUMP
10-29-2013, 09:49 AM
haters gon hate, Trill

i even forgot about brandon marshall tbh.. bottom line, dez is a nobody with almost limitless potential but until he does something meaningful (aside from having huge numbers in shootouts that end with losses) i would not call him a top reciever. Of course you could make a case for him being a top 5, but in terms of making your team win, he is not a top 10 receiver, therefore it's retarded to call him n2.

rofl you're all over the place with your "analysis". you said he hasn't done anything 'meaningful' in terms of making his team win, but what other WR's that you listed above him have done much more?

Fitz's Cardinals haven't done anything in years, Green's BEngals have yet to win a playoff game, Jackson's Eagles suck, Marshall has never won a playoff game etc

symple19
10-29-2013, 10:08 AM
I would take Jordy Nelson and Jimmy Graham (yeah, I know he's a TE) over Dez, too. Jordy's numbers are silly, especially considering he gets the best cover guy every week (and has a bunch of scrubs playing alongside at WR)

Dez has top 3 talent, but the intelligence/attitude of a spoiled teenager. He runs shit routes and takes plays off all the time. He could potentially become the best in the game, but there is no way he'll ever put in the work and shelve the me-first attitude which being the best requires, tbh

leemajors
10-29-2013, 10:21 AM
with waters out for the season and that shitshow mackenzie bernadeau in there he will prob see the ball even less as Romo gets pounded into the ground

Raven
10-29-2013, 10:36 AM
haters gon hate, Trill

rofl you're all over the place with your "analysis". you said he hasn't done anything 'meaningful' in terms of making his team win, but what other WR's that you listed above him have done much more?

Fitz's Cardinals haven't done anything in years, Green's BEngals have yet to win a playoff game, Jackson's Eagles suck, Marshall has never won a playoff game etc

apparently you didn't notice the "either" in the post above.

Clipper Nation
10-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Dez is trying to :downspin: dat shit, but we all know he's just salty and mad because he wanted more targets, tbh....

Trill Clinton
10-29-2013, 10:46 AM
he didn't have to spin, NFL audio confirmed he wasn't demanding the ball.

monosylab1k
10-29-2013, 11:02 AM
lol he's on audio asking for the ball, trill. The audio proves it wasn't anywhere close to as confrontational as it looked, but all the same he was demanding more touches.

The Gemini Method
10-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Not a good week for Dez--guess the emphasis was put on him once he made the bold statement that he could match Megatron in the art of receiving. Then he is caught blowing up on the sidelines. Guess those anger management mandated classes didn't help. The dude is legit and like Justin Blackmon need to change (or have changed) their ways. Don't the Cowboys have a team following Dez to ensure he behaves? Hopefully he'll get it together and be the receiver he can be.

Creepn
10-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Ya, that's what it looked like. As a side note, Dez seems to have really confusing body language compared to what he says :lol. That could be a SNL skit: just have someone really animated going crazy but saying really nice things. Then have him really angry but just sitting calmly.

He trolled everybody with that body language.

BUMP
10-29-2013, 12:41 PM
apparently you didn't notice the "either" in the post above.

nice cop out.

everything you said is subjective and has no merit. what do you mean by they're 'more reliable'? how do you measure that? I want evidence tbh.

BUMP
10-29-2013, 12:50 PM
lol he's on audio asking for the ball, trill. The audio proves it wasn't anywhere close to as confrontational as it looked, but all the same he was demanding more touches.

lulz

The Lions were bringing the safeties up and throwing cover 0 blitzes. I'd be more troubled if I had one of the more gifted receivers in the league on my team and he didn't demand the ball in that situation.

Raven
10-29-2013, 12:57 PM
nice cop out.

everything you said is subjective and has no merit. what do you mean by they're 'more reliable'? how do you measure that? I want evidence tbh.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

sort by the column #targets caught and you'll find out dez is behind the likes of Jordy Nelson, desean jackson, cruz, roddy white, cobb, reggie wayne, eric decker, andre johnson, marshall, welker... granted, it's not the best statistic as it depends heavily on the qb play but any stat does and since the eye test is not accepted, this should do.

monosylab1k
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
lulz

The Lions were bringing the safeties up and throwing cover 0 blitzes. I'd be more troubled if I had one of the more gifted receivers in the league on my team and he didn't demand the ball in that situation.

tbh according to the video thats what Dez thought, then the coach told him there was a safety over the top and that he needed to run the route the play calls for. So Dez didn't read the defense or run his route properly, then wonders why he didn't get the ball :lol

DPG21920
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Yup, I said that earlier. Dez is a beast but his route running alone keeps him out of the top 5 for sure.

spurraider21
10-29-2013, 01:28 PM
calling decker better than bryant is seriously asinine

Trill Clinton
10-29-2013, 01:56 PM
raven is slow

Biernutz
10-29-2013, 06:05 PM
As a Cowboy hater last weekend was perfect..QB sneak to win the game..Dez,Tony, now Tom
and black / white push-back. Jason crack backs, Jerry jumping in. "This is COWBOYS football". :lmao

monosylab1k
10-29-2013, 06:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898230/jason-whitlock-dez-bryant

False equivalency is the lifeblood of American public debate.

So it should come as no surprise that, in an effort to rationalize Dez Bryant's counterproductive sideline tantrums, Bryant's defenders compared the immature Dallas receiver to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Celebrated white quarterbacks yell at their teammates. Why can't a black wide receiver?

The equivalency is false on multiple levels. Dez Bryant erupted on the Dallas sideline for at least 10 solid minutes. A friend of mine, a native Detroiter, was seated a dozen rows up behind the Dallas bench on Sunday. He and his friends heckled Bryant throughout Sunday's game.

"The television highlights do not accurately portray how bad his tantrum was,"said Scott Nichols, the point guard on Ball State's 1990 NCAA Sweet 16 team. "He berated dozens of teammates for what seemed like 20 minutes."

Yes, I'm aware of the video showing Bryant interacting positively with Tony Romo and an assistant coach. The video is a little more than a minute long. Problem is, it's not footage of the scenes that made news all Sunday and Monday. It's a highlight of Bryant's "good" screaming. It's the same as if I released a one-minute clip on YouTube of me eating raw vegetables and leaving out the 19 minutes of me making love to a deep-dish, meat-lover's pizza.

I eat raw vegetables. But my 30 for 30 documentary better include sit-down interviews with Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders and Little Debbie.

Jason Witten wasn't yelling at Bryant and DeMarcus Ware wasn't restraining Bryant because he was shouting positive reinforcement at Romo and the coaching staff. Go sell that garbage somewhere else. Dez Bryant melted down Sunday, even if he littered his tantrum with a few positive words.

Brady and Manning have never done what Bryant did Sunday. Not even close. What Bryant did was akin to the tantrum thrown by my former high school teammate Jeff George when Falcons coach June Jones pulled him from a game in 1996. You remember that tantrum? And surely you remember the national media shredding George for doing it. You may also remember that Jeff George is and was white.

Like Dez Bryant, Jeff George was supremely talented. He'd thrown for 4,143 yards and 24 touchdowns in 1995. He'd been the overall No. 1 draft pick in 1990 and the NFL Rookie of the Year.

George's critics questioned his maturity and leadership ability. They wondered if his mental approach would undermine his chance of capitalizing on his immense physical gifts. No one, to my knowledge, ever intentionally or unintentionally insinuated there was a racist double standard causing the national media to criticize Jeff George. As the national president of the Jeff George Fan Club, I would've heard about this. It did not happen.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised it didn't happen. Well, maybe not. George berated his head coach before the addiction to false equivalencies swept across America like crack cocaine in the 1980s. Politically partisan cable TV ushered in this epidemic. Bill O'Reilly is the Avon Barksdale of false equivalencies. Sean Hannity is Prop Joe.

But I shouldn't pick on political commentators. We love false equivalencies in the sports world, too. Remember in 2006 when the Tennessee Titans had a contentious separation from quarterback Steve McNair? My favorite NFL player, Ray Lewis, said the Green Bay Packers and the Indianapolis Colts would never treat Brett Favre and Peyton Manning the way the Titans treated McNair. Well, despite Favre's and Manning's combined seven MVP awards (McNair had one, shared with Manning in 2004), the Packers booted Favre in an ugly dispute and the Colts pushed Manning aside for Andrew Luck.

At least Ray Ray compared McNair to other quarterbacks. For the most part, comparing Dez Bryant to quarterbacks is nonsensical.

He plays receiver. It's a different lane and a different role from playing quarterback. Quarterbacks call plays. They bark instruction. They lead huddles. The very nature of the position dictates that quarterbacks yell at the line of scrimmage and occasionally yell at teammates. It's the job.

Dez Bryant isn't a quarterback. He's not a leader. He's a talented, high-maintenance wide receiver. He's so high-maintenance that a year ago Jerry Jones employed a team of "advisors" to help Bryant function as an adult. Jones gave Bryant a curfew and a set of guidelines pertaining to strip clubs and whatnot.

Dez Bryant isn't Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Russell Wilson. Dez Bryant is a typical, me-first NFL receiver diva, cut from the same cloth as Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss and Keyshawn Johnson, sprinkled with a heavy dash of Pacman Jones. This is no secret. Diva receivers believe emotional sideline tantrums and elaborate, hey-look-at-me gimmicks are an extension of their "passion" for the game. They can't recognize the fine line between Ray Lewis' inspiring pregame dance and ranting for no good reason. Diva receivers are oblivious to the fact that offense is the intellectual side of football and defense is the emotional side.

Jerry Rice is the gold standard because he beat defenders with his head. Bryant won't catch Calvin Johnson by screaming.

Now I happen to like Dez Bryant. I like underdogs. I root for people from tough backgrounds who have emotional issues. I want to see them overcome. Bryant won't overcome if we lie to him and rationalize his obvious errors. He was clearly out of bounds on Sunday. He was too caught up in the one-on-one duel he was having inside his head between himself and Megatron.

Detroit QB Matt Stafford has no other passing options so he forced the ball to Megatron regardless of coverage. It's one of the reasons the Lions should've lost despite Johnson's breathtaking performance. With a more balanced approach, Dallas put 30 points on the board despite Tony Romo not being particularly sharp. Bryant wanted to go catch for catch with Johnson. It didn't happen. And Bryant demonstrated why Jerry Jones treats him like a child.

Some people have blamed Dallas coach Jason Garrett for not commanding enough respect to silence Bryant on the sideline. Garrett is powerless in his relationship with Bryant.

Bryant is the owner's pet project. Jones, who doubles as the team's GM, drafted Bryant. Jones has invested millions of dollars in Bryant. Jones paid for an elite baby-sitting team. Having watched his baby act like a baby and create the non-composed environment that powers fourth-quarter collapses, Jones defended his baby after the game.

And then the false equivalencies started rolling in via Twitter, radio and TV. I get the temptation. False equivalences are fun and easy. They're a good tool for defending someone you love and respect. There was a time in the 1990s when I would've excused Jeff George for hiding on the grassy knoll and assisting Lee Harvey Oswald by saying: "No one was mad at AC for driving O.J. all over the 405 and tying up traffic."

I'm as guilty as anyone. But let's stop the nonsense. We're only hurting Dez Bryant. We're baiting him to resist maturity and evolution. We're reinforcing bad habits. He apparently thinks the best way to handle a frustrating situation is by erupting emotionally. That's no good. It leads to trouble. He won't equal or surpass Calvin Johnson until he channels his emotions properly.

Chief Brody
10-29-2013, 06:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898230/jason-whitlock-dez-bryant

:cryJason Whitlock aint down for the cause:cry

Malik Z. Shabazz
10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
:cryJason Whitlock aint down for the cause:cry
My Frost Brother, Jason WHITElock is the true definition of a house NEGRO. The WHITE man never even ASKED for this COON'S help! He's taking up ARMS for a topic NO ONE even mentioned! BEGGING for the approval of the WHITE man! 'MASSA, give me a COOKIE!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQe9nUKzvQ

The House NEGRO is the worst scum on this EARTH. This BIG lipped orangutan will NEVER be accepted; he should STOP trying.

Allahu Akbar

Chief Brody
10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
My Frost Brother, Jason WHITElock is the true definition of a house NEGRO. The WHITE man never even ASKED for this COON'S help! He's taking up ARMS for a topic NO ONE even mentioned! BEGGING for the approval of the WHITE man! 'MASSA, give me a COOKIE!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQe9nUKzvQ

The House NEGRO is the worst scum on this EARTH. This BIG lipped orangutan will NEVER be accepted; he should STOP trying.

Allahu Akbar
Assalamu alaikum, my brotha. Whitlock can't be an Uncle Tom after this gem, imo:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Whitlock-Oden-pics-make-it-hard-to-measure-up-12810