PDA

View Full Version : Texas State almost bowl eligible

TXstbobcat
10-27-2013, 05:23 PM
After their last second win over Southern Alabama, the Bobcats only one win away from becoming bowl eligible. Should beat Idaho easily on Saterday.

FkLA
10-27-2013, 05:42 PM
UTSA>SWT

Spursfan092120
10-27-2013, 06:10 PM
UTSA>SWT
Probably...but what's your point?

FkLA
10-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Probably...but what's your point?

I just like to talk shit about SWT any chance I can get. :lol

But in all seriousness, despite the rivalry thing, I still got a soft spot for yall. Yall are having a solid year. Hopefully we can get some UTSA-SWT games annually once our OOC schedule has some open spots.

Pelicans78
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
After their last second win over Southern Alabama, the Bobcats only one win away from becoming bowl eligible. Should beat Idaho easily on Saterday.

Its South Alabama and I hate your team now.

But you guys deserved to win. Any team who allows a 4th and 24 with the game on the line deserves to lose.

Spursfan092120
10-27-2013, 10:26 PM
I just like to talk shit about SWT any chance I can get. :lol

But in all seriousness, despite the rivalry thing, I still got a soft spot for yall. Yall are having a solid year. Hopefully we can get some UTSA-SWT games annually once our OOC schedule has some open spots.
That would be nice. Not gonna lie, I respect the hell out of what y'all are doing. Taking on the big boys to prepare yourselves for doing things down the road. I actually work in SA and they're giving me some tickets to the UTSA/Tulane game on the 9th. Taking my nephew.

The Reckoning
10-28-2013, 08:04 AM
lolutsa giving away free tickets so people will go to their games

ChumpDumper
10-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Great news for State.

Do you think the fans would travel to Alabama for a bowl game?

TXstbobcat
10-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Great news for State.

Do you think the fans would travel to Alabama for a bowl game?

i might go if they get an invite to a bowl game.

Spursfan092120
10-28-2013, 07:58 PM
lolutsa giving away free tickets so people will go to their games
Pay attention, son...I said I work in SA and they're giving me tickets....my work....they bought tickets to a few games this year and I got a couple of them. They aren't giving away tickets...they're doing just fine on attendance.

Pelicans78
10-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm still pissed off at this result. This loss will probably cost us a bowl game. How the fuck does anyone allow a 4th and 24 to win the game? Bullshit.

TXstbobcat
10-28-2013, 09:56 PM
That would be nice. Not gonna lie, I respect the hell out of what y'all are doing. Taking on the big boys to prepare yourselves for doing things down the road. I actually work in SA and they're giving me some tickets to the UTSA/Tulane game on the 9th. Taking my nephew.

Thats cool to have a company that gives you free tickets for some of the games. I had a boss up here in Minneapolis that had wolves season tickets and used to always give his tickets when the spurs were in town.

TXstbobcat
10-28-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm still pissed off at this result. This loss will probably cost us a bowl game. How the fuck does anyone allow a 4th and 24 to win the game? Bullshit.

You guys had a great comeback to take the lead before the final drive. It was an exciting 4th quarter.

FkLA
10-29-2013, 03:21 AM

Thats cool brah, yall will have fun. I actually went to the SWT-Wyoming game, it was pretty cool until the delay. Ill probably make a game or two in San Marcos every season when UTSA has byes. Although like I said itd be much better if it was a UTSA-SWT series instead.

FkLA
10-29-2013, 04:03 AM
BTW isnt there a chance Texas State is left out because of how few tie-ins the Belt has? IIRC WKU and Middle Tennessee have been left out in the past despite being bowl eligible. That would suck tbh.

Pelicans78
10-29-2013, 07:32 AM
BTW isnt there a chance Texas State is left out because of how few tie-ins the Belt has? IIRC WKU and Middle Tennessee have been left out in the past despite being bowl eligible. That would suck tbh.

Yeah there is only 2 spots for the Sun Belt.

TXstbobcat
11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Bobcats now bowl eligible after win over Idaho.

FkLA
11-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Congrats, hopefully yall get an invite. Or better yet just win the conference title tbh.

TXstbobcat
11-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Congrats, hopefully yall get an invite. Or better yet just win the conference title tbh.

thanks. I think they need 2 more wins to get an invite.

Pelicans78
11-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah I think 8 wins is needed. But congrats. You guys have bounced back well. Must be nice rooting for a team that doesn't choke every single week.

TXstbobcat
11-29-2013, 08:17 PM
I think I celebrated a little to early with this thread. 3 losses for the bobcats to finish the season.

Pelicans78
12-08-2013, 12:01 AM
South Alabama beat UL-Lafayette to finish 6-6. Nice season by the Jags.

FkLA
12-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Good win and good season for the Jags. :tu

Any rumblings about possible invites for either USA or Tx St ?

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 01:13 AM
Good win and good season for the Jags. :tu

Any rumblings about possible invites for either USA or Tx St ?

Haven't heard anything at all. Didn't expect it with a 6-6 record. Hopefully they can build off this season and win the Sun Belt next season.

Hoping UTSA can join Tulane in the AAC soon. It's only a matter of time before they get the invite. That conference likes big markets.

FkLA
12-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Damn the Belt can play some good football but the bowl tie-ins make it a shitty ass conference to be in. WKU got left out and finished 8-4, second time in three years. Yall need to jump ship as soon as an opportunity presents itself tbh.

AAC would be the ideal conference for UTSA imo. Bring Rice/UNT along to have 4 Texas teams, I could get behind that idea.

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Damn the Belt can play some good football but the bowl tie-ins make it a shitty ass conference to be in. WKU got left out and finished 8-4, second time in three years. Yall need to jump ship as soon as an opportunity presents itself tbh.

AAC would be the ideal conference for UTSA imo. Bring Rice/UNT along to have 4 Texas teams, I could get behind that idea.

They won't bring in Rice or N. Texas. They already have the Houston market with UH and the Dallas market with SMU (those teams wouldn't let Rice or N. Texas in). UTSA would bring the San Antonio market.