PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill?

ICE3000
07-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Whats the deal with Grant? ant remote possibility of the spurs snaggin him?

PM5K
07-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Doesn't he still have like three seasons left on his contract?

benjirh
07-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Whats the deal with Grant? ant remote possibility of the spurs snaggin him?

They won't trade for him. The cost is too high. And Orlando won't give him up to the amnesty clause. So I don't think there is any chance of it.

clubalien
07-25-2005, 01:58 PM
grant hill is one of the best to EVER play the game

Tek_XX
07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Very doubtful he'd ever play here but he'd be an awesome spur.

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:10 PM
HAHA this is ridiculous. Just cause the guy is a nice guy, doesn't mean he is gonna play for the Spurs. I have read the same about Shane Battier on here a lot. The Spurs are not getting either one and especially not because they are good quality guys.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 03:12 PM
HAHA this is ridiculous. Just cause the guy is a nice guy, doesn't mean he is gonna play for the Spurs

Where in this thread does it say he might play for the Spurs because he's a nice guy? :wtf

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
there was an article that said he had a chance of getting cut bec ause of the new rule, but i doubt it. I assume that is what the OP was talking about

spurschick
07-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Kevin Willis, Tony Massenburg... the Spurs are in the market for multi-year veteran without a ring.

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Where in this thread does it say he might play for the Spurs because he's a nice guy? :wtf

No one said it in this one, but you know the guy is thinking that Hill is a good, nice guy and the Spurs should pick him up. The Magic are not gonna let the guy go. He finally came back from his injuries and put up numbers and they are finally seeing a return on their huge investment. I understand that this is a Spurs messageboard, but people need to be called out for listing pipe dream trades on here.

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 03:23 PM
No one said it in this one, but you know the guy is thinking that Hill is a good, nice guy and the Spurs should pick him up

No. He probably started the thread because in multiple articles nationally it said the Magic were considering cutting him. (For the record, I don't think they are.)

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Oh I don't feel they are either, they have no one to put in his spot besides Turkoglu??? Guy is on the books for a lot but if its not clearing the cap space then it would be a dumb move to let go of a healthy Grant Hill when you have gotten nothing out of him until this past year.

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Imagine a marketplace that suddenly offers up, say, the stately Grant Hill at a starting salary of no higher than $5 million. from Houston, Finley gone; other big names staying put
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

HOWEVER I strongly belive they will not cut him

But to laugh at the guy suggesting it because other article sat he might be avilable isn't right

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
There's talk that Grant Hill would be a more financially prudent way to go, given that the Magic could save $32.5 million in tax penalties by waiving him. The problem is that fans and the media would stage a revolt. And after years of rehabbing a bad ankle, Hill is finally earning his salary.
from
Celtics, Lakers, Sixers need 'Allan Houston rule'
By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:30 PM
but if is is avilable I would be willing to sign an under the tbale deal where we give him half the MLE, and then under table pa him more to get him here

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok say that he does get released, I don't know Hill or how badly he wants to win a championship or to be on a good team and getting lots of minutes. In SA, he is not a guaranteed starter. I wonder if that would bother him or not. All the work that he has gone through and then to go to a team where you may not start. Sometimes you have to question winning or PT? I know Hill seems liek the guy that would choose winning but you never know.

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Also I have been on this board for about a month or so now and I think I have seen almost anyone and everyone that is available, might be available or is not available in scenarios to come to the Spurs. I guess I took this one out of context and didn't realize that this one is actually plausible compared to some of the other pickups or trades mentioned on here.

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
I think you start a health hill over bowen even if bowen has to be a "starter" so he goes againt their best player

pache100
07-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Grant Hill?

Let's see what comes to mind right away...

Whiner...faker...

I remember him faking that foul all too well...and getting all wildly emotional when he didn't get the call...whining to the refs...trying to pick a fight...getting his ass ejected.

Nah...you can keep him.

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:37 PM
I think you start a health hill over bowen even if bowen has to be a "starter" so he goes againt their best player

I don't know. Popovich does some different things, that seem to end up working out. I thought he was crazy for bringing Ginobili off the bench in the first round, but hell that worked out for the best obviously.

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:37 PM
most likely trade ;)

three team trade::
tau- atlanta:: scola for drobnjak
atlanta- spurs:: scola for rasho

:smokin

no buyout for scola

Also I have been on this board for about a month or so now and I think I have seen almost anyone and everyone that is available, might be available or is not available in scenarios to come to the Spurs. I guess I took this one out of context and didn't realize that this one is actually plausible compared to some of the other pickups or trades mentioned on here.

Joesteds
07-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Isn't that pretty much if the Bulls are gonna match on the Hawks' likely offer to Eddy Curry?

Kori Ellis
07-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Isn't that pretty much if the Bulls are gonna match on the Hawks' likely offer to Eddy Curry?

What's the deal with Eddy Curry anyway? Since the NBA's insurance company refused to cover him, what happens now? Can the team who signs him get insurance from another place? Do they risk it and he's just uninsured?

clubalien
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
WTG CIA POP making the insurnce company not cover him

ZStomp
07-25-2005, 05:40 PM
No thanks.

He's damaged goods.

SpursFanDan
07-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Kevin Willis, Tony Massenburg... the Spurs are in the market for multi-year veteran without a ring.

Its time for Malone to come out of retirement...and how about Barkley.

clubalien
07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
dude bakely could be playing with manu :D

boutons
07-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Aren't Grant and Teemee close friends, going back before Grant's injury when Tim was considering going to Orlando?

Didn't we just read that as expensive as Grant's contract is, he won't be amnestied or traded because it would cause a revolt by the team and fans? The Magic want to get some money's worth now that he can play again.

It sounds like Spurs, at their current payroll, couldn't afford his jockstratp.

Jdspur20
07-25-2005, 05:49 PM
grant hill is one of the best to EVER play the game

i don't know about that, but he is a fine player.